PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help with a Tag-Team Wrestling Duo

PangolinPie
2014-07-24, 05:45 PM
So me and my friend have been debating for ages regarding wanting to do some kind of duo that work together to subdue an enemy. Finally we came up with an interesting idea to do sort of tag-team wrestler duo focusing on grappling. My build is pretty straightforward; a Goliath Totemist. I may go for full Totemist or possibly dip for Barbarian and then go Totem Rager.

My friend on the other hand wants to do something more fast on his feet since I'm doing straight up brawn; the luchador to my grecco-roman . He decided on a Feral Shinomen Naga Constrictor as the race. I had come up with a pretty decent build for him (Defying Stance Monk 2/Ranger 3/Fighter 2/Fist of the Forest 3/Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries 10) but it still seems to be lacking in so much...I dunno...flare? fluff?

I keep seeing people singing the praises of the unarmed Swordsage but I don't know much about ToB or making builds that involve maneuvers. I am willing to learn however if someone can suggest a good build. Also any suggestions for feats that work well with co-op actions/attacks would be helpful.

draken50
2014-07-24, 06:02 PM
Other's will probably have better ideas I'm sure.

I seem to recall a grappled opponent loses dex to armor against other opponents. Doesn't that open it up to sneak attacks? Not sure if Improved unarmed could help with that, or maybe other more flamboyant options.

paperarmor
2014-07-24, 07:14 PM
A kind of nifty idea might be to go with a Justicer which lets you bind up enemies and render them helpless you can do so using a mancatcher at reach, and a rogue or assassin type with a Scythe and the feat Death Blow which lets you Coup de Grace as a free action.

PangolinPie
2014-07-25, 07:26 AM
Other's will probably have better ideas I'm sure.

I seem to recall a grappled opponent loses dex to armor against other opponents. Doesn't that open it up to sneak attacks? Not sure if Improved unarmed could help with that, or maybe other more flamboyant options.

Yeah I've seen that idea before, playing a duo made up of a grappler and a sneak attacker; one grabs the guy and the other one rakes up the flat footed damage. But we're pretty focused on this grappling duo idea at the moment. Also debating whether a dip into Warblade might work for me as well, but again I don't know that much about ToB.

PangolinPie
2014-07-25, 08:45 PM
Anyone have any opinions on the Black Blood Cultist PRC? It seems to be pretty damn optimal for a grappler...

ranagrande
2014-07-25, 09:39 PM
The most dramatic improvements to grappling come from increasing your size, so characters that can easily do that make the best grapplers. Druid/Master of Many Forms, Wizard/Master Transmogrifist, and Tashalatora Psion or Psychic Warrior all make superb grapplers.

Val666
2014-07-26, 04:30 AM
Both try to get a optimized grapling build (Black Blookd Cultist should do the trick) while playing a Dvati. Now you have 4 optimized grapplers Dx