PDA

View Full Version : RuneQuest 6: Can someone explain Animism?

FreakyCheeseMan
2014-07-24, 08:03 PM
I've been reading through the Runequest 6 sourcebook, and while I really like the ideas, I'm having trouble understanding all of them. In particular, I'm having a very difficult time understanding what at Animist actually does. From what I understand, they can go question in the spirit world to acquire a spirit, bind it to a fetish, and release it, either partially or fully, in order to get it to do stuff for them.

My question is, what stuff can the spirit do? What practical benefit does the animist actually get from his magic? I can't seem to find any list of spirits or anything that would explain such (though it's possible I've just over-looked it).

Pete Nash
2014-07-25, 05:16 PM
My question is, what stuff can the spirit do? What practical benefit does the animist actually get from his magic? I can't seem to find any list of spirits or anything that would explain such (though it's possible I've just over-looked it).
You just overlooked it. ;) All the spirits and their powers are listed in the Creatures chapter from pages 399 to 412. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.