PDA

View Full Version : Aegis Tristalt In-Character

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Aegis013
2014-07-25, 02:32 AM
Each having heeded the call of your king for an audience, you enter into his castle. A small keep on a raised hill in Capital City. The guards, having been briefed to expect you, allow you in. Those astute in the ways of the realm realize that you have not been asked to relinquish your arms; a bizarre alteration in protocol. Each of you upon arrival is ushered into a lavish waiting chamber furnished with gilded couches, portraits of past royalty and a table of exquisite delicacies. Soon, the four invitees have arrived. One of King's elite guards, a tall man in polished, ceremonial plate bearing his families' crest and a crimson cloak, ushers you in to see the King, eyeing each of you in turn.

As you enter the King's private chambers you sense immediately the gravity of this meeting. The King lies in a magnificent bed made of fine wood and adorned with silken sheets, juxtaposing upon his body, worn fragile and withered with age. His eyes alight at the sight of you, he welcomes you in a hoarse voice strained by his condition:

"Welcome. I mean not to waste your time with pleasantries, so I shall get straight to the point. As you know, I am without heir, and though my reign has been a long and prosperous one, my time is nigh. Soon, I will not be here to lead our fair country of Solum. I fear that should our country be without strong leadership, war will be rekindled with our neighbor country, Bellicus. So, I sought the counsel of my trusted adviser and now I invite you here before me. He told me that the great heroes of Solum from the tales of my youth had been reincarnated in you. Who better to entrust my kingdom? My legacy?

Verily, I give you this task, in the name of your king and country; one of you must prove yourself worthy, or find someone worthy of the throne. In order to prove with absolute certainty that you are worthy of the throne, I implore you to find the legendary relic, the Potentia, fabled to have once struck down the monster, Tyrannus, the dragon feared even by the gods, and with its power, exalt our fair nation and rule it justly.

I know not where the Potentia may lie, but I can inform you that in the tombs beneath our very feet waits the first step on this arduous journey. But be wary, the tomb was sealed some time ago when it was urged by my adviser, but not before two guards were lost to its depths. In this you will do me twin favors, both putting my mind to rest regarding the future of my kingdom, and making safe my soon-to-be resting place. Upon completion of this first service, I will grant you each a single item from my personal treasury or an equivalent favor of your choosing. Should you have any questions for me, I will entertain them, but be quick, for even this exertion taxes me gravely."

Silver Night
2014-07-25, 04:43 PM
Kasha

"I will strive then to be quick. Is it known what might dwell in the crypts? Or are there traps and snares that might delay us? Who also is this adviser you speak of?"

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-25, 06:16 PM
Wraith

Wraith walks into the room, wishing for the hundredth time that he could just do this part as Nathaniel. The lights, open room, and guards wasn't something he was used to encountering while masked. He didn't even know if the old king knew who he really was, all of which made the paranoid bandit very uncomfortable.

Still, he need to put a good show on for the rest of the heroes. "Great plan, my liege," Wraith said mockingly. "Betting the entire kingdom on who's the best at killing things and stealing magic items. Why didn't you just make it a pie eating contest? Considering how round most nobility is, that sounds like the most reliable way to measure who's fit for royalty." Despite himself, Wraith chuckled at the double entendres.

Aegis013
2014-07-25, 07:36 PM
The King takes each remark in turn.

"I know not what lurks in the shadows of the tombs of my forefathers, but whatever it may be it wields a foul magic. Those posted to guard its entrance fell to something akin to illness. When they were to receive healing from the clergy, they instead grew weaker and died. Seeing no need to risk other men, and hoping to prevent this horror from escaping, the tomb was sealed. This course of action was at the behest of Consilia, my trusted adviser. Should you wish to speak with her, simply inform Martin Convectus, my guard who saw you in."

Then, hearing the Wraith's commentary he ponders it seriously for a moment.

"Despite my age, I always try to see what wisdom may be gained from the words of others. If you believe that peace may be achieved in this method, then please, elaborate. But do not waste your breath uselessly before your king. Martin already expressed his misgivings about allowing you to walk unfettered through the castle, and I'm certain he would be pleased to take you in should your intentions here be to mock my offer."

Mousedigits
2014-07-26, 12:57 AM
A man stands near the back of the crowd of adventurers, listening to the king's request. He has Gray skin, white hair, and gold eyes. Along his arms and hands, and even on his face, there are white tattoos, that seem to almost have a sort of mist coming from them, dissipating before it can reach the ground. at his back is a curved blade, bearing the same coloration to it's owner, as if they had some sort of connection. Potentia, huh? I've... Heard of it. You say you don't know where it is, yet you also say that we must go down into these crypts to get it. Is it down there, or not? And if not, then why are we going down there? he pauses a minute, then continues, in an apologetic tone, Sorry if what I said sounds offensive. I am simply confused, is all.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-26, 01:24 AM
Wraith eyed the king, looking for signs of a smile. "We both know I neither want the crown or could hold it, even if I did. So here's the deal for when I get my hands on that sword. Since it's way too hot to outright sell, I'm gonna make maps with hints and stuff and sell those, probably for 20 thousand a pop. Make it whole big thing with the smartest bloke in the kingdom being worthy or some nonsense. If that's gonna be a problem, tell me now. Don't wanna start my little venture only to have palace guards confiscate all the maps."

Grinning inwardly, the outlaw played it out in his head. Every impossibly rich and underhanded noble in the kingdom will start killing each other for worthless scraps of paper, leaving the field wide open for the ideal king to make positive changes.

Silver Night
2014-07-26, 01:47 AM
Kasha

In spite of her quick questions, Kasha is obviously interested in the story of this relic, "What makes you think that the search starts in the tombs?"

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0] for knowledge about the Potentia

Knowledge (History) [roll1] for anything useful about the tombs and their history that would explain needing to be sealed up. Using 1 inspiration point for a +6 bonus.

Aegis013
2014-07-26, 03:18 AM
The King listens intently to the adventurer's comments, and turns to each of them one by one.

To Trasil and Kasha he responds:
"The weapon itself is not within the tombs. But I believe that among the graves of my forefathers rests a clue to its whereabouts, my grandfather did a great deal of research into the Potentia, and he took his research to his grave, quite literally. The notes are contained on one of the tapestries near his sarcophagus.

To the Wraith he responds:
"I've arranged a pardon for you, should you choose to participate in this task. I will instruct the Convectus twins to stop hunting you for past crimes, though it will not shield you from future crimes. No one else will know what transpires in this room otherwise, other than us and what knowledge Consilia has, should you plan to sell maps to the Potentia, I shall not hinder you. Though I am not so sure that the weapon is a sword."

Arcane: The Potentia is a weapon of immense power from ancient legends said to be the only thing capable of hurting the first tyrant, Tyrannus; a dragon so mighty that it wrest control of the world away from the gods themselves. Supposedly the weapon's power would let you slay even gods. However, this legend, for the most part, has been lost.

Tyrannus was supposedly a dragon of immense size, dwarfing the Great Wyrms of the present. Supposedly it could crush a whole town under a single claw, or wipe away a country with a single exhalation of its breath. It enslaved the whole world under its reign at one time.

History: The Potentia legend is a superstition coming from a kingdom so ancient its name is no longer remembered. Supposedly the founder of that nation was first to set up laws and give rights to humanoid and similar species, something unknown to the world before, during the reign of the monster Tyrannus. Somehow the Potentia and that nation are connected, but how they are intertwined is knowledge that has long been lost.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-26, 12:20 PM
Wraith had to visibly stop himself from snorting. Of course the legendary dragon slaying relic is a sword. It's always a sword.

His questions answered, he then began to study everyone else in the room, dismissing the palace guard almost immediately. A warrior with unknown powers, though he didn't exhibit any of the usual signs of incredible arrogance that came with being more than a simple sellsword. The elf is also seemingly standard, a mage by the looks of her, though he'd seen more than one trained fighter disguise themselves in fancy robes only to throw them off and kill everyone charging towards the unprotected caster. The last one was different. Wraith would call him a giant if he hadn't seen how big they really got and the man's face wasn't twisted up in an ugly expression. Considering his own impressive skills and powers, there was no telling what they were all truly capable of and even less what their intentions were.

Silver Night
2014-07-26, 01:33 PM
Kasha

"Very well. I have no other questions, and I apologize for taxing your majesty with those I did have. I am prepared to see the entrance to the tomb whenever the others are."

Mousedigits
2014-07-26, 01:52 PM
I would venture to say that i, too, am ready to enter the tomb.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-26, 03:04 PM
"Let's get this over with."

Aegis013
2014-07-27, 01:09 AM
As you head from the King's chambers, Martin signals to some other guards to take his post and he beckons you to follow him, he shoots a menacing glare toward the Bladed Wraith, but leads you towards the tombs' entrance. His stride never breaks as you pass by portraits of former royals, tapestries depicting great battles and other fantastic tales, an open door to a room where the walls are filled to the brim with all manner of scrolls and books organized onto shelves.

"I don't know why the King has decided to let you rabble wander here armed, or why he doesn't have me take those wanted among you in for their crimes, however I take no delight in meaningless loss of life. So, consider this a fulfillment of my obligation to you as citizens. I do not believe it safe, nor a worthwhile venture to go into the tombs. Though I will not stop you should you choose to proceed. If you should need anything before your venture into the tomb, I will request it from our castle's quartermaster on your behalf.

The door has been blocked off by wall of iron, but we have one of our gifted waiting to open the path for you. I will have a group of men near the entrance, ready to slay anything that comes through the portal, but I earnestly pray it doesn't come to that. The gifted will be ready to reseal the portal should the need arise, and if anything comes forth and any of my men die that blood will be on your hands."

Eventually you reach a spiral stairwell down, as you move to enter the stairwell a group of six men, armed to the teeth, wait for you to pass and begin to file in behind you. The stairwell is wide enough that four men could stand shoulder to shoulder, and as you descend further, the smell of freshly lit torches greets you. As you reach the magnificent entry hall to the tombs, you see the visage of former kings carved into the very walls. Ahead, next to a large iron slab, sits a female half-orc, bizarrely dressed in an unadorned robe and wizard hat.

"Ah, you came." she stands to greet you "I am Sharumph, and I have gifts for you brave 'nuff to go into the tomb." she picks up a small wooden box and clicks the lock open, revealing four brightly glowing stones and offering them to the group. "Place a stone around your head to light the way. I wish you happy hunting! I will make a path whenever you are ready."

The stones are dull grey Ioun stones, which have no effect other than to orbit your head in the manner of an Ioun stone. These stones have had continual flame cast on them. In effect they're everburning torches that don't require your hands.

Silver Night
2014-07-27, 02:56 AM
Kasha

Kasha takes a stone, "Thank you. I am ready."

Mousedigits
2014-07-27, 04:05 AM
"A stone that circles one's head, with a light on it? Most astonishing. I'll take one." the swordsman says as he plucks one from the Half-Orc's outstretched hand.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-27, 06:29 AM
"Thanks, but I'd rather not announce the exact location of my skull to any would-be attackers." Turning to his compatriots, Wraith began to formulate a strategy. Casting an eye towards the group of armed men, Wraith spoke. "It's pretty clear there's going to be some big nasty in the tomb. To keep it from eviscerating us, what are the two of you capable of? I don't want to step in front of fireballs or accidentally stab a summoned pet. For myself, I'm best attacking from the shadows and will create magic darkness or mist, so be prepared for that. Don't need magical healing or enchantments, but can't really provide either one.

Bluydee
2014-07-27, 09:36 AM
Heracles accepted the magic stone with a look of amazement, surprised at the things in civilization, yet also irritated. He didn't know half the things around him, and he felt rather stiff and caged in the throne room with the brightness and color and stares. He wasn't even listening to the king most of the time. All he really discerned was that something was in the tomb, a hint to a weapon, and that for some unknown reason he is entrusting the throne to...these people. Reincarnated or not, the king has some sort of ulterior motives.

Silver Night
2014-07-27, 12:56 PM
Kasha

Kasha puts the stone away, in case it is of use later, "I can assist and help provide healing to all of you. I also have some few other minor magical tricks."

Mousedigits
2014-07-27, 01:59 PM
"Hrrm, well, I can fight with my sword. Oh, and fly! You see the swordsman kinda float into the air a bit. "And, i can do a fairly... Peculiar thing with spells. I can channel them through my sword. And, I can heal each of you, once per day, with a Cure Moderate Wounds spell. And, quite uniquely, I can hand one of you my sword, and you can use it with ease, as though you had taken training in the use of such a unique sword. In addition, you can cast my spells, and other things. However, when this happens, I am... Not in my body. Instead, I'm in the sword. He pauses for a moment. "I think that's it.

Aegis013
2014-07-27, 03:47 PM
Martin stands near the back of the room with his men-at-arms gripping their weapons.

Sharumph stands with a silly grin and fiddles with her wizard robe. She opens a side compartment and retrieves a tightly bound scroll from her box before closing it with the one stone remaining and clicking the lock back into place. Seeing the group noticing the scroll she indicates it with a finger and says:
"Just in case path needs to be blocked again. I hope not though.
When you say you're ready, I will break the iron block. I don't hear noise on the other side, so I don't know what is behind it."

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-27, 04:54 PM
It had been a while since he'd delved a dangerous dungeon. Smiling behind the mask, Wraith gave a short nod.

Bluydee
2014-07-27, 05:32 PM
Heracles snapped out of his stupor, before nodding.

Mousedigits
2014-07-27, 07:13 PM
Trasil takes out his Katana, ready for anything that comes this way.

Silver Night
2014-07-27, 08:25 PM
Kasha

Kasha stands ready, scimitar in hand.

Aegis013
2014-07-27, 08:46 PM
Sharumph slips the scroll into her sleeve and positions herself in front of the iron wall and takes a wide based stance. She presses one hand against the iron and balls the other up into a fist, placing it a mere few centimeters from the barricade. She inhales deeply and as she exhales, she punches the slab with her fist, releasing a "HEEEIA!". Very unconventional for a Wizard, however, when her fist meets the metal it spontaneously shatters! While the iron falls, causing a cacophony, she immediately runs away, past your group and towards the safety of Martin and company.

As the iron veil gives way you peer into the darkness. It appears to be an enormous subterranean hall with large empty slots on either side, presumably for sarcophagi for royalty. You feel the stale, chill air flow out from the crypt, a strange silence following the noise of its opening. Who knows what horrors lurk in the shadows?

There is no obvious movement within your view through the doorway.

We're beginning a dungeon crawl. We'll be using Theater of the Mind style combat, since updating maps and what not slows things down considerably, in my experience. Generally, since we're not using maps, dungeons will be relatively simple in layout (not labyrinthian unless on request) though should you choose to search for it, there should be lore or plot related things within all dungeon-type events. Approach this however you see fit. Always remember, I try to reward cleverness!

Silver Night
2014-07-27, 11:56 PM
Kasha

Kasha uses detect magic and peers into the open tomb.

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 12:10 AM
Kasha detects no magic (other than your group) within 60ft of the tomb's entrance, and looking in, can see that raised rectangles of stone rest in the large openings on the sides of the hall. These sarcophagi not presently in use and have nothing covering their tops. Otherwise, this entrance of the hall is unadorned. Sconces hang from the walls, but the torches that once lit this area have long since burned out.

Make a perception/spot roll, feel free to do this proactively in the future, since me not having to ask for it is nice, and I'll give circumstance bonuses as long as it's not being abused ridiculously, like rolling every post even when nothing is going on.

Mousedigits
2014-07-28, 12:36 AM
Trasil scans the area in front of him, looking for anything that might look suspicious.

[roll0] spot.

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 01:21 AM
Peering into the hall before you, Trasil notices that the floor, ceiling, and the side areas have been coated in some kind of semi-transparent webbing. He quickly notes a slight movement from from within the chamber, uncertain if it was his imagination or a trick of the light and dust. Long spindly legs with numerous joints are barely visible behind the two nearest Sarcophagus. Judging by the size of the legs, the hidden creatures may be a match for Heracles' size.

The eerie moment of silence breaks as Martin goads you onward:
"What are you waiting for? Go on."

Silver Night
2014-07-28, 02:37 AM
Kasha

"If you are impatient, feel free to go in before we do, soldier. I prefer to look before I leap."

Spot [roll0]

Also, are we using Perception instead of individual skills?

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 02:24 PM
Kasha stares intently into the empty hallway. It is large, the darkness of its gaping maw only pushed back feebly by the light spilling through its entrance. She sees no apparent threat, presumably, neither did the soldier from all the way over by the stairs.

We're using 3.5 rules for everything not explicitly converted to pathfinder, but I know a lot of people used PF classes and I didn't do a whole lot of looking over skill selection on the sheets. So, while Spot/Listen are two different skills, I'd allow things like Skill Focus:Perception or other perception bonuses to effect both. Hope that answers the question adequately.

Mousedigits
2014-07-28, 02:47 PM
"Guys, I see what I presume are spiders. Prepare yourselves accordingly." As you see his sword suddenly leap into flames, yet also seem to have a layer of frost where you can see through the flame.

Spending one Arcane Pool Point to upgrade my Katana from +1 Keen to +1 keen flaming frost.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-28, 04:02 PM
The tombs darkness no detriment to his demon enhanced eyes, Wraith draws his enchanted dueling sword and boldly strides forward, waiting for the inevitable ambush. Turning back, he addresses the party. "Come on. We don't have all night and I don't think there's anything too dangerous here." Despite these words, Wraith readies himself for combat.

Going to assume Battle Dragon's Stance (+4 initiative), draw a dagger as a free action, and prep Talon on the Wing (+30 ft for a thrown weapon attack, 40 total) as a readied action against the first available enemy.

Mousedigits
2014-07-28, 04:05 PM
Trasil walks forward with Wraith, nodding at his statement.

Silver Night
2014-07-28, 04:09 PM
Kasha

Kasha casts Conviction on herself and steps forward (Though staying behind the others.

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 10:11 PM
Alert and readied, the group advances into the tomb, stepping in, you're caught in the sticky semi-transparent webbing coating the floor!
Suddenly, the area is ripe with movement as four large arachnids with gnarled shells of chitin begin to emerge from their hiding places. Each of their eight softly glowing red eyes comes to rest upon what they hope will be their next meal.

From above the lip of the entry way, a swarm of tiny spiderlings descends upon the group, covering the three advancing heroes!

Roll for initiative!

The unnoticed swarm took a surprise round and used a move action to enter your squares.
As Silver Night explicitly said Kasha stepped in behind the others, she is not yet caught in the sticky webbing on the floor, but the spiderling swarm is in her square as well.
Trasil and Wraith are Entangled (as the condition) in the web, and must meet a DC 19 Escape Artist or Strength check to break free. However, the whole floor has been coated in the sticky webbing, so even if you break free, you're likely to be quickly caught again should you move from your squares.
At the beginnings of your turns each of you must make a Fortitude Save (DC 13) or be Nauseated by the Spiderling Swarm's Distraction(Ex) ability.

Spider 1 [roll0]
Spider 2 [roll1]
Spider 3 [roll2]
Spider 4 [roll3]
Swarm [roll4]

Mousedigits
2014-07-28, 10:17 PM
[roll0] initiative.
[roll1] to break free
[roll2] Fortitude
Arachnids... I hate arachnids....

Silver Night
2014-07-28, 10:27 PM
Kasha

Kasha curses in draconic, elvish, and infernal as the spiders swarm.

Init: [roll0]

Fort Save: [roll1]

Concentration (as needed) [roll2]

Edit: Color Spray Will DC is 15

She attempts to use her color spray SLA on the swarm without hitting the others and steps back out of the swarm.

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 11:37 PM
The spinderlings attempt to resist the menagerie of colors!

[roll0]

Aegis013
2014-07-28, 11:41 PM
The spiderlings are halted dead in their tracks are they are temporarily incapacitated by the magic.

The spiderling swarm is Stunned for
[roll0]
rounds and blinded for one less round.
Their Distracted(Ex) ability still functions, although they can't move or deal damage during these rounds of stun.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-29, 11:17 AM
Cursing his hubris, Wraith sees two avenues of escape.

As I've seen DMs go two separate ways on this, though I'd separate the tries. Assuming you're okay with a character breaking free of the webbing by using Dimension Door, Wraith will use Dimensional Assault , teleport directly behind the spider furthest away, and make two attacks with Harp, spending an arcane point on the first to maximize its damage.
Initiative [roll0]
First Sword Attack (with maximized damage) [roll1] (automatically deals 18 damage)
Second Sword Attack [roll2]
For sneak attack damage [roll3]
Second attack damage if connected [roll4]

If you require an escape attempt before Dimensional Assault or any of this begins, here's that.
[roll5]
And the Fortitude Save
[roll6]

If you don't allow Dimension Door to break free of the webs, Wraith will instead cast Spark on the spiderwebs, lighting them on fire.
For initiative and fortitude, please just use the rolls in the first spoiler.

Aegis013
2014-07-29, 12:54 PM
Wraith feels terribly sick, being suddenly coated in tiny spiderlings. Their tiny legs creeping all over his person.

You rolled a natural 1 on your Fort save, and are Nauseated, so you're only able to take a move action this round. Though using D-Door to effectively move through the webs is definitely a fine tactic, even if you're unable to do it this round.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-29, 01:20 PM
Trying desperately to ignore the encroaching distress, the outlaw tries to shut out his discomfort and focus.

Wraith skips his round.

Aegis013
2014-07-29, 05:47 PM
Heracles rolls for initiative, but as per the guidelines I've set for NPC-ifying characters, he delays till the end of the round.

1. Wraith
2. Kasha
3. Spider 4
4. Spider 2
5. Spider 3
6. Swarm
7. Trasil
8. Spider 1
9. Heracles

Spider 4 crawls out of hiding and spits a dart of some kind at Wraith!

[roll0]
to hit, dealing,
[roll1]
damage and requiring a DC 18 Fort save or take
[roll2]
additional damage.

Spider 2 crawls out of hiding and spits a dart at Trasil!

[roll3]
to hit, dealing,
[roll4]
[roll5]
additional damage.

Spider 3 crawls out of hiding and spits another dart at Wraith!

[roll6]
to hit, dealing,
[roll7]
[roll8]
additional damage.

The spiderling swarm is stunned and takes no action.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-29, 06:01 PM
Even caught in a spider web with his guts trying to come out, Wraith manages to dodge both darts with relative ease.

Wraith will once again try to use Dimension Door and attack the spider furthest back.
Fortitude Save [roll0] not taking any chances and using Charmed Life, which adds charisma modifier to a single save.
First Sword Attack (with maximized damage) [roll1] (automatically deals 18 damage)
Second Sword Attack [roll2]
For sneak attack damage [roll3]
Second attack damage if connected [roll4]

Aegis013
2014-07-29, 06:42 PM
The saves were only required should the darts hit you. Save your Charmed Life power. Feel free to alter that action if that affects your decision.

We'll see what Trasil does, then the other spider and Heracles will act, then I'll take into account your and Kasha's actions, whatever they may be.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-29, 08:12 PM
The saves were only required should the darts hit you. Save your Charmed Life power. Feel free to alter that action if that affects your decision.

We'll see what Trasil does, then the other spider and Heracles will act, then I'll take into account your and Kasha's actions, whatever they may be.

I'll keep the actions as they are, though possibly changing the attack target. Combat tends to slow things down, so I try to keep at least a move ahead for the periods of time when I can't post. Probably should have asked if that was okay first, but you seem pretty intent on making things go as smoothly as possible.

Aegis013
2014-07-29, 08:21 PM
I'll keep the actions as they are, though possibly changing the attack target. Combat tends to slow things down, so I try to keep at least a move ahead for the periods of time when I can't post. Probably should have asked if that was okay first, but you seem pretty intent on making things go as smoothly as possible.

I actually really appreciate that, since it helps keeps things moving, though if something comes up that may affect a player's choices on their actions, I will generally offer to let them choose different actions.

Silver Night
2014-07-29, 09:57 PM
Kasha

"Tomb spiders! I recognize them, though these are mutated somehow. They are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy, like undead. Their victims become undead, a sort of web mummy, so watch out for any that might appear."

Kasha tries to attack the stunned swarm.

Scimitar:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] /2 (Includes +3 from Knowledge Devotion and +4 for an inspiration point)

Secondary Desiccating Touch attack:
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Mousedigits
2014-07-29, 11:15 PM
If there is a spider within 15 feet, Trasil will walk over and attack. Otherwise, he simply attempts to break free.
WHOOPS, FORGOT TO ROLL. THEY'LL BE UP IN A BIT. :)

Mousedigits
2014-07-29, 11:23 PM
Casting an Intensified Shocking Grasp, and delivering it thru my sword.
[roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
[roll2] (weapon)+[roll3] (Flaming)+[roll4] (Frost)+[roll5] (Shocking Grasp)
If a Crit, add [roll6]+[roll7]

[roll8] Strength Check
If Successful, He'll start flying.

Aegis013
2014-07-30, 03:08 AM
Spider 1 is electrocuted by Trasil's attack! The creature twitches as steam rises off of its gnarled shell, but quickly reenters the frey!

Spider 1 takes 43 damage, leaving it with 33 hp.

Spider 1 retaliates against Trasil! Spitting a dart!

[roll0] to hit
If it hits, it deals
[roll1]
which if damage is dealt make a DC 18 Fort save vs poison or take
[roll2] additional damage.

Heracles expends 2 power points to Dimension Hop behind Spider 1 as a Swift action and takes a full attack action to finish off Spider 1.

[roll3] attack 1
[roll4] attack 2
[roll5] damage 1
[roll6] damage 2

Heracles hacks through Spider 1, leaving it a bloody mess.

Wraith warps behind Spider 4 and attacks it!

Spider 4 take 28 damage and has 48 hp remaining

Kasha hacks at the swarm!

Dealing 17 total damage, it has 5 hp remaining

Spider's turns to come tomorrow in my next post

Aegis013
2014-07-30, 05:30 AM
Spider 4 attacks Wraith, attempting to sink its mandibles into him!

[roll0]
if it hits, you take
[roll1] damage
and must make a DC 18 Fort Save or take an additional
[roll2] damage from poison.

Spider 2 crawls over and attacks Heracles! (Edit: And critically fails the attack!)

[roll3]
if it hits, you take
[roll4] damage
[roll5] damage from poison.

Spider 3 crawls over to Wraith and attacks!

[roll6]
if it hits, you take
[roll7] damage
[roll8] damage from poison.

The spiderling swarm remains stunned.

Trasil's action.

Silver Night
2014-07-30, 10:50 AM
Kasha

Kasha attacks the swarm again.

Scimitar:
Damage: [roll1] /2

Desiccating Touch:

Aegis013
2014-07-30, 12:40 PM
Kasha finishes off the the swarm, dehydrated spiderling corpses lie in a large mound at her feet.

Heracles full attacks spider 2, swinging his massive glaive overhead in attempt to pierce its chitinous shell.

Heracles power attacks for 3
[roll0] to hit on attack 1
[roll1] to hit on attack 2
[roll2] damage on attack 1
[roll3] damage on attack 2

The first connects, making a resounding blow, but the second glances off of the creature.

Spider 2 takes 39 damage and has 37 hp remaining.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-30, 12:51 PM
Grunting in pain as the twin mandibles sink into his skin, Wraith draws another dagger and readies both weapons for a rapid flurry of attacks.

Going to make three attacks on spider 4, two with dueling sword and one with the dagger.
Dueling sword 1 [roll0], dealing [roll1]
Dueling sword 1 [roll2], dealing [roll3]
Dagger [roll4], dealing [roll5]

Both Fortitude saves [roll6] [roll7].
Assuming these aren't holy spiders of goodness, Wraith also heals 5.

Silver Night
2014-07-30, 04:21 PM
Kasha

Kasha casts Grease on the area occupied by Spider 3

Know I'm a little early, but for when its my turn again.

Edit: DC 15 Reflex or fall down.

Aegis013
2014-07-30, 04:41 PM
Grunting in pain as the twin mandibles sink into his skin, Wraith draws another dagger and readies both weapons for a rapid flurry of attacks.

[roll0]
If this confirms, you take double the normal melee damage (not the additional poison damage) from Spider 4's attack.

Flinn deals 22 damage to Spider 4 which has 26 hp remaining.

Kasha greases the web on which Spider 3 is moving, it attempts to hold its position.

[roll1] Reflex save against a DC of 15 (If that's incorrect, please let me know [10+Spell Level+Cha Mod])

The Spider 3 remains standing, though clearly off-balance. Spider 3 is now Flat-footed.

Mousedigits
2014-07-30, 05:54 PM
Trasil keeps whacking on the one he just hit.

Spell Combat
Casting Brand, and delivering it thru my sword. Concentration, DC 15: [roll0]
[roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll2]
[roll3]
If a Crit, add [roll4]

[roll5]
Crit confirm: [roll6]
[roll7]
If a Crit, add [roll8]

[roll9]
Crit confirm: [roll10]
[roll11]
If a Crit, add [roll12]

critting on a 15-20

Aegis013
2014-07-30, 06:44 PM
Trasil keeps whacking on the one he just hit.

Spell Combat
Casting Brand, and delivering it thru my sword. Concentration, DC 15: [roll0]
[roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll2]
[roll3]
If a Crit, add [roll4]

[roll5]
Crit confirm: [roll6]
[roll7]
If a Crit, add [roll8]

[roll9]
Crit confirm: [roll10]
[roll11]
If a Crit, add [roll12]

critting on a 15-20

Spider 1 is dead. Spider 2, 3 and 4 are all within range, however. Spider 2 and 4 are injured and Spider 3 is flat-footed due to Kasha's Grease effect.
Please select a different target unless your intent is to mutilate the felled creatures' remains.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-30, 10:03 PM
Increasingly annoyed at the spider's refusal to die, Wraith fills his sword with arcane fire and once again makes a flurry of strikes.

Sword 1 , then damage [ROLL]1d8+1d6+14
Sword 1 , then damage [ROLL]1d8+1d6+14
Dagger [roll2], then damage [roll3]
Spending another arcane point to enchant sword with flaming ability. If you're wondering about the damage increase, I forgot to add the bonus from my stance during the last attacks. Just posting this now as I'm going to sleep in a few minutes.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-30, 10:05 PM
Messed up the damage roll there. [roll0] and [roll1]

Mousedigits
2014-07-30, 11:47 PM
Spider 1 is dead. Spider 2, 3 and 4 are all within range, however. Spider 2 and 4 are injured and Spider 3 is flat-footed due to Kasha's Grease effect.
Please select a different target unless your intent is to mutilate the felled creatures' remains.

Okay, attack spider 3.

Silver Night
2014-07-30, 11:58 PM
Kasha

Kasha draws her bow and attacks spider 3.

Assuming I was able to put away my sword last round and draw the bow this round:

Damage: [roll1] (Using 1 inspiration point if it hits)

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 12:03 AM
Trasil lands his attack against his arachnid foe!

Spider 3 takes 27+15 damage and has 34 hp remaining

Spider 4 attacks Wraith!
[roll0]
if it hits, it deals
[roll1]
and requires a DC 18 Fort Save or take
[roll2]
additional damage.

Spider 3 attemtps to remain standing on the greasey web!
[roll3] DC 15 Reflex save (if it fails it falls prone, then stands and attempts the next action without attacking)

Spider 3 attempts to crawl out of the greasy area, provoking an attack of opportunity from Wraith, but positioning itself to flank with Spider 4, and attacks!
[roll4] Balance check (DC 10) to move out of the grease.

[roll5]
if it hits, it deals
[roll6]
[roll7]
additional damage.

Spider 2 attacks Heracles!
[roll8]
if it hits, it deals
[roll9]
[roll10]
additional damage.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 12:12 AM
Heracles attempts to resist Poison:

[roll0]

Wraith slays Spider 4!

Kasha attacks Spider 3!
She deals 8 damage, Spider 3 has 41 hp remaining.

Heracles attempts to hack down Spider 2

No power attack this time
atk 1: [roll1]
atk 2: [roll2]
dmg 1: [roll3]
dmg 2: [roll4]

Heracles slays Spider 2!

Only Spider 3 is remaining and has an Attack of Opportunity provoked from Wraith.
We're awaiting Trasil's action for the present round.

Mousedigits
2014-07-31, 12:31 AM
Keep killing the last spider!

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to confirm crit
[roll2]+[roll3]
If a crit, add [roll4]

[roll5] to hit
[roll6] to confirm crit
[roll7]+[roll8]
If a crit, add [roll9]

Silver Night
2014-07-31, 12:37 AM
Kasha

"I hope this whole place isn't full of these. I don't know if I can handle all the creepy legs!"

She attacks again!

Damage: [roll1] with 1 inspiration point.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 12:41 AM
Spider 3 takes an arrow in the knee, along with another attack from Trasil. (It'll never be an adventurer again, probably.)

Spider takes 9 damage from Trasil and 14 from Kasha and has 18 hp remaining.
Wraith will probably kill it with his AoO and the attack on his turn.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-31, 01:11 AM
Seeing it's attention diverted, Wraith makes a single decisive attack on the final spider.

I'm going to assume there are backstab or flank bonuses in effect, for the purposes of sneak attack.
Sword [roll0] dealing [roll1] and [roll2] for the sneak attack.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-31, 01:26 AM
(With the assumption that combat is indeed over, Wraith will collect his fallen daggers and wait less than a minute for fast healing to regain any lost hp)

Unused to working with a team, Wraith turns to offer praise and thanks before remembering his persona. Vindictively smashing one the spider legs with his foot to cover up the lapse, he notices the dart sticking out of his arm, forgotten with the adrenaline of combat. Without speaking to his comrades, Wraith sets about trying to harvest any available poisoned darts, figuring they might come in handy. Besides, it couldn't hurt to show himself viciously cutting open giant spiders. Once this task is over (he'll devote no more than a few minutes to it), the bloodied outlaw finally addresses the others.

"I don't think these were ordinary beasties. Never heard of giant spiders that could spit poisoned darts or take such a beating." With a grudging nod towards Kasha, he continues. "You were right elf, we should move carefully. As forgotten tombs and giant bleeding insects really isn't my forte, does anyone have an idea on the best way to proceed?

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 02:06 AM
The last spider shudders as combat comes to an end. Though the web is still sticky, now with plenty of time on your hands you have no issues taking your time and cutting through it. About 50ft into the tomb, the webbed area comes to an end.

The tomb extends back, it's pitch black depths suggesting the possibilities of yet more surprises lurking within.

Silver Night
2014-07-31, 02:25 AM
Kasha

"Remember these particular spiders can create undead - we should keep an eye out for their leavings. Does anyone need healing?"

Kasha takes a moment to check the alcoves on either side of the hall, still staying toward the back of the group. She also takes care to check the ceiling (ugh, spiders) and a few minutes to examine the dead spiders themselves. While she doesn't like the alive, she seems to not mind getting elbow-deep in spider guts to see what makes them tick.

Search (I'll post a couple, if you want separate ones): [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Knowledge: Arcana [roll3] for anything useful upon closer examination of spider corpses. Edit: Anything useful about why they are different than normal tomb spiders, particularly.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 02:51 AM
Kasha searches the surrounding area intently, finding no evidence of additional spiders, or of web cocoons which might indicate web mummies.

As she studies the felled spiders, she sees that these particular spiders have been altered, there appear to be traces of something like a mutagen clotted up in their blood. This particular group seems almost bred for combat, almost as if there was a higher intelligence behind their placement and purpose.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 03:18 AM
Each character gains 2,380 XP from the combat.

Mousedigits
2014-07-31, 09:23 AM
Yeah, some healing would be great... As for our neighborhood bandit's question on how to proceed, I would assume we keep walking, weapons drawn, and see what happens.

Silver Night
2014-07-31, 11:39 AM
Kasha

"These spiders seem to have been... altered. Purposefully. Perhaps just to serve as guardians by the builders of the tomb. It could be that it was done afterward, though, by something else that lives down here - we should be cautious." She turns to Trasil, "Let me see those wounds."

Kasha will use her Cure Light Wounds SLA:

[roll0]

And a second time if that doesn't get him fully healed:

[roll1]

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 02:28 PM
Heracles requests healing. He has taken 13 damage from a spider bite.

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-31, 03:11 PM
Yeah, some healing would be great... As for our neighborhood bandit's question on how to proceed, I would assume we keep walking, weapons drawn, and see what happens.

"That's a great plan," Wraith replied sarcastically. "I was thinking more along the lines of actual strategy, instead of what we we're just doing. I'm practically invisible when I want to be, so I'll scout ahead about 35 ft." Walking over to one of the nearby torches, he grabs one of the sconce and hands it to Heracles. "Here. If there's trouble, I'll light this magically. When that happens, give me enough time to sneak back so we can properly prep. If anyone's got a better idea, now would be the time to say so."

Flinn_Furious
2014-07-31, 03:24 PM
(Assuming everyone is on board with the plan [I've got to go to work in about an hour and wanted to get the necessary rolls] here are Nate's Move Silently and Hide checks)

Move Silently [roll0]
and Hide (if he comes on enemies) [roll1]

Silver Night
2014-07-31, 04:03 PM
Kasha

Kasha nods, "Sounds like a plan to me."

She stops long enough to heal Heracles before following along at the distance described.

Using Factotum Opportunistic Piety ability to heal all 13 points of damage.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 07:59 PM
Wraith creeps down the eerie path. As he progresses he notes that eventually, the bland unadorned alcoves become adorned. Previous kings and their families lie entombed, their visages carved into the lids of the sarcophagi by master craftsman. Dazzling tapestries depicting their contributions to the kingdom hang perfectly still behind them.

As Wraith continues further he sees that some of the sarcophagi have been disturbed. Lids lay slightly ajar.

You find they are empty, their bodies taken. The dust around them has been disturbed by the grave-robber.

Not long after, Wraith sees a enormous pile of bones in the path ahead, and can hear something like a raspy whisper coming from further ahead.

Lead Monster:
[roll0] listen
Lead Minion:
[roll1] listen
Minion 1
[roll2] listen
[roll3] spot
Minion 2
[roll4] listen
[roll5] spot
Minion 3
[roll6] listen
[roll7] spot
Minion 4
[roll8] listen
[roll9] spot
Minion 5
[roll10] listen
[roll11] spot
Minion 6
[roll12] listen
[roll13] spot

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-01, 01:01 AM
Upon hearing the whispers, Wraith will immediately light the fire with Spark and try to sneakily make his way back.

Move Silently [roll0]

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-01, 01:14 AM
(Assuming monsters don't hear him.)
Wraith makes his way back to the party. "There's definetely something up ahead. It looks they've been taking kingly corpses and eating them, which means they enjoy high class cuisine." Chuckling at his joke, Wraith turns back into the darkness. "Give me a minute before you come running in. I'm going to at least try to end this quick." Without waiting for a response, he moves back down the tunnel.

As he walks along, Wraith will cast Cat's Grace on himself.
Move Silently check [roll0]
Aegis, just as a reminder, Wraith has 60 feet of darkvision.

Aegis013
2014-08-01, 03:09 AM
Had you not mentioned the 60ft dark vision, which is the distance at which you'd have spotted the mound o' bones, things might've gotten pretty hairy. But at 60ft, nothing detected you, and you make it back to the party safely.

Are you returning to the pile of bones? What will you do once you can see it again?

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-01, 09:51 AM
Continue onward, moving from sarcophagus enclave to sarcophagus enclave, until he sees the source of the whispers.

Spot [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
and Hide [roll2]

Aegis013
2014-08-01, 11:01 PM
Flinn sneaks toward the enormous pile of bones, hoping to glimpse the source of the strange raspy whisper.

Lead Monster
[roll0] Listen
Lead Minion
[roll1] Listen
Minion 1
[roll2] Spot
[roll3] Listen
Minion 2
[roll4] Spot
[roll5] Listen
Minion 3
[roll6] Spot
[roll7] Listen
Minion 4
[roll8] Spot
[roll9] Listen
Minion 5
[roll10] Spot
[roll11] Listen
Minion 6
[roll12] Spot
[roll13] Listen

Aegis013
2014-08-01, 11:26 PM
As Wraith approaches the mound of bones, the bones creak and stir, shifting in unnatural ways to form a gang of six large skeletons with elongated spines and skeletal legs like ribs extending from their numerous vertebra, rib cages, arms and skulls at either ends of their spines.

Behind these you note a dozen smaller skeletons... it takes just a moment to realize, these are the animate skeletons of house-cats. You're not sure why they're here or what threat they could pose.

Behind those, you see what appears to be the mastermind, and the source of the ghastly whispers; a putrid knight on a spectral steed. Dressed in ancient but highly ornate full plate, likely robbed from the graves of these long dead kings, it wields a lance to match. Surprisingly, the decorative aspects of the lance have not faded, yet should they come from the same place, they likely would. In its other hand it grips an open scroll, as if it were prepared for your approach.

The skeletons move with the coordination of a higher intelligence, positioning themselves around the Bladed Wraith so as to attempt to block his escape, the skeleton of a cat following each of their movements. Four cats remain with the ghastly knight, who points a boney finger towards you as his ghastly whispers grow louder, you immediately realize he is casting from the scroll. A ray of magical energy shoots forth from his finger.

The undead knight casts Dimensional Anchor from a divine scroll.
[roll0] vs touch AC
[roll1] to overcome Spell Resistance should you have it.
You are under the effects of Dimensional Anchor should it hit.

Roll for initiative.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-02, 10:01 AM
As the beam lights upon him, Wraith expects some explosion of fire or lightning. When none comes, he simply assumes that it was ineffective. Surrounded by foes, but already magic is thrumming inside him. He casts quickly, drawing on divine sources for protection, before activating the powers that give the Bladed Wraith his name.

Initiative [roll0]
Wraith will activate Unyielding Judgement as a swift action, gaining a +2 insight bonus to AC, and draw a dagger as a free action. He'll then use Fading Strike (a supernatural ability), teleport and attack the ghostly knight from behind.
Attack Roll [roll1]
If it hits, damage [roll2]

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-02, 10:15 AM
The attack roll was 6. I'll active the Dhampir's Numerology ability and turn it into a natural 20, allowing for a critical hit. Not that it matters now, but I forgot to add in the Dex bonus from Cat's Grace during the last attack.
Critical Confirm [roll0]
If it connects, I'll spend two arcane points to increase the multiplier by 1, so the extra damage roll would be [roll1]

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 12:00 PM
Lead Monster
[roll0]

Lead Minion
[roll1]

Minion 1
[roll2]

Minion 2
[roll3]

Minion 3
[roll4]

Minion 4
[roll5]

Minion 5
[roll6]

Minion 6
[roll7]

Heracles (for when it's necessary)
[roll8]

As the Bladed Wraith attempts to teleport behind his foe, his ability is blocked a shimmering emerald field. No doubt the effect of that ray of magic the grim rider hit you with just a moment before.

Any resources or abilities used in preparation for the attack are used. If they carry over to next round, great, otherwise they are wasted. Those abilities used during or after are not used, so your numerological ability is still available, because I doubt you'd use it when you didn't even actually get to roll.

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 12:14 PM
Five of the large skeletons move in upon the Bladed Wraith. They creep quietly and quickly across the stone floor, their rib-legs making soft scratching noises as their two torsos with clawed hands and empty skulls draw near.

They begin to swing their claws wildly, attempting to eviscerate you.

Skeleton monster #2
[roll0] for claw 1
[roll1] for claw 2
[roll2] for claw 3
[roll3] for claw 4
[roll4] damage for claw 1
[roll5] damage for claw 2
[roll6] damage for claw 3
[roll7] damage for claw 4

Skeleton monster #3
[roll8] for claw 1
[roll9] for claw 2
[roll10] for claw 3
[roll11] for claw 4
[roll12] damage for claw 1
[roll13] damage for claw 2
[roll14] damage for claw 3
[roll15] damage for claw 4

Accidentally posted without all of the skeleton's attacks.

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 12:17 PM
Skeleton #5
[roll0] for claw 1
[roll1] for claw 2
[roll2] for claw 3
[roll3] for claw 4
[roll4] damage for claw 1
[roll5] damage for claw 2
[roll6] damage for claw 3
[roll7] damage for claw 4

Skeleton #6[roll8] for claw 1
[roll9] for claw 2
[roll10] for claw 3
[roll11] for claw 4
[roll12] damage for claw 1
[roll13] damage for claw 2
[roll14] damage for claw 3
[roll15] damage for claw 4

Skeleton #4[roll16] for claw 1
[roll17] for claw 2
[roll18] for claw 3
[roll19] for claw 4
[roll20] damage for claw 1
[roll21] damage for claw 2
[roll22] damage for claw 3
[roll23] damage for claw 4

Accidentally posted the others before I was done.

All other characters feel free to roll Listens or Spots (if you're capable of seeing through 200ft of pure darkness) to try to hear/see the ongoing fight.
Listen DC 20
Spot DC 25

Mousedigits
2014-08-02, 12:28 PM
Trasil simply keeps doing what he has been doing. If he heard any reason to come, he will go running, at 60ft/round.

[roll0] init.
[roll1] listen

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-02, 01:47 PM
Shaking his head, Wraith quickly recovers himself. Heavily outnumbered, he launches a flurry of attacks at the nearest one. It might be several minutes before help arrives, but he intends to kill as many as possible before then.

Launching these at the nearest attacking skeleton. Going to spend an arcane point to grant weapon fire enchantment.
Sword 1 [roll0] dealing [roll1] and [roll2] fire.
Sword 2 [roll3] dealing [roll4] and [roll5] fire.
Dagger [roll6] dealing [roll7].

Silver Night
2014-08-02, 02:35 PM
Kasha

Kasha looks intently into the darkness waiting for Wraith to return.

Listen: [roll0]

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 04:20 PM
Heracles attempts to listen.

[roll0]

The last Skeleton monster skips it turn to keep the path open to the ghastly knight.

The spectral rider charges!

[roll1] to hit,
If it hits it deals
[roll2]
and an addtional
[roll3]
damage

His attack places him 10ft from Wraith.

(Entering Round 2)

Wraith slashes into Skeleton monster #2.

You deal a total of 42 damage to it, it has 10hp left.

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 04:36 PM
Five of the skeletal creatures continue their onslaught of wild claw swings! Their swarming around you leaves you little room to dodge.

They are now flanking.

Skeleton #2
[roll0] to hit with claw 1
[roll1] to hit with claw 2
[roll2] to hit with claw 3
[roll3] to hit with claw 4
[roll4] damage with claw 1
[roll5] damage with claw 2
[roll6] damage with claw 3
[roll7] damage with claw 4

Skeleton #3
[roll8] to hit with claw 1
[roll9] to hit with claw 2
[roll10] to hit with claw 3
[roll11] to hit with claw 4
[roll12] damage with claw 1
[roll13] damage with claw 2
[roll14] damage with claw 3
[roll15] damage with claw 4

Skeleton #5
[roll16] to hit with claw 1
[roll17] to hit with claw 2
[roll18] to hit with claw 3
[roll19] to hit with claw 4
[roll20] damage with claw 1
[roll21] damage with claw 2
[roll22] damage with claw 3
[roll23] damage with claw 4

Skeleton #6
[roll24] to hit with claw 1
[roll25] to hit with claw 2
[roll26] to hit with claw 3
[roll27] to hit with claw 4
[roll28] damage with claw 1
[roll29] damage with claw 2
[roll30] damage with claw 3
[roll31] damage with claw 4

Skeleton #4
[roll32] to hit with claw 1
[roll33] to hit with claw 2
[roll34] to hit with claw 3
[roll35] to hit with claw 4
[roll36] damage with claw 1
[roll37] damage with claw 2
[roll38] damage with claw 3
[roll39] damage with claw 4

From thin air, yet another monster appears. This tall and regal undead creature wearing royal garb and a flowing black robe grips another open scroll in one of its boney clutches. It looks toward you with three human skulls, shining blue flames barely visible in the gutter of its eye sockets. In its other hand it grips a staff made of bones. The creature casts from the scroll, as the scroll is consumed it points its hand at you and its fingers launch off its hand as projectiles!

The darts hit, as they are guided by magic and require no attack roll.

[roll40] to overcome Spell Resistance, if you have it.

The fingers inflict
[roll41] dexterity damage to the Bladed Wraith.

Heracles continues to listen intently.

[roll42]

Feel free to make another listen/spot check if you're not involved in the fight, and continue retrying each round until you notice something is up.

The Knight backs up ten feet, preparing himself for another charge.

Mousedigits
2014-08-02, 04:43 PM
[roll0] listen. Trasil just keeps listening.

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 05:41 PM
Heracles announces that he hears a commotion further down the path. He doesn't know what it is, though.

Silver Night
2014-08-02, 08:12 PM
Kasha

"I think we may assume that it isn't anything good, since there has to be something making noise and Wraith would not make noise unless there were reason."

Kasha begins to move forward. She will slow down if she sees anything moving. If the others go with her, she will no go so fast she ends up out in front.

Listen: [roll0] in case she can discern more.

Mousedigits
2014-08-02, 09:15 PM
Trasil runs up too, drawing his sword as he moves.

Aegis013
2014-08-02, 09:45 PM
Heracles follows. Are you two using the run action? Double move? The battle is 200ft away.

Silver Night
2014-08-02, 11:50 PM
Depends on how fast the others move - Kasha is somewhat squishy and knows it, so she would stay behind the others. Her speed is 50' though, so aside from 'behind the others' she would be running if she can until she gets to about 60' from the action (so she can see it), at which point she would stop.

Edit: So, a double move followed by a move action a round later and she'd stop about 50' away from the action (with the others hopefully in front of her :smallwink:) I'll wait and see what happens once she's in sight before using the standard action for that second round.

Mousedigits
2014-08-02, 11:55 PM
Trasil uses the run action, which is 4x your speed, right? In that case, he's be moving 120'/round.

Aegis013
2014-08-03, 01:25 AM
Ok, so it'll take two rounds of running for the group to get there, moving at Trasil's speed, which is the slowest.

Silver Night
2014-08-03, 01:35 AM
Except a standard action left for me the second round, since I only need a regular move action to get the rest of the way.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-03, 04:44 PM
His extensive training kicking in, Wraith still manages to dodge the numerous attacks with relative ease and was about to respond when another of the damned things showed up with a blasted scroll! The darts hit him square in the chest and he felt incredibly sluggish (though still considerably faster than the average person). With his blades slowing down, Wraith once again activates his demonic abilities, accepting any minor hits as he flies out of the skeletons range and back down the tunnel.

Going to activate flight as a standard action and fly straight back the total distance of 60 ft. If he meets the party halfway, he'll slow down and descend.

Aegis013
2014-08-03, 09:02 PM
The Bladed Wraith activates his ability to fly and attempts to flee from the horde of foes.

The Skeletal creatures take the opportunity, attempting to claw him!

Serpentir 2
to hit
damage if it hits
Serpentir 3
to hit
damage if it hits
Serpentir 5
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] damage if it hits
Serpentir 6
[roll6] to hit
[roll7] damage if it hits
Serpentir 4
[roll8] to hit
[roll9] damage if it hits

The skeletal creatures then proceed to scurry after their prey; clearly being influenced as they leave a straight path between you and the ghastly rider, advancing 50ft.

The undead creature with the three skulls drops its staff to draw another scroll from its sleeve. The scroll floats before the creature as it is consumed. It aims its still fingered hand toward you once again, firing off the majority of its remaining fingers, striking the Bladed Wraith.

[roll10] to overcome SR if you have it.
[roll11] dexterity damage.

Kasha moves 100ft forward, and sees the Bladed Wraith 40ft ahead.
Trasil sprints 120ft forward, and sees the present situation.
Heracles double moves 110ft forward.

The spectral rider, seeing the encroaching foes, lets out a ghastly noise. Its skeletal hand goes to a broach on its neck which glows with a violent magic; he proceeds to ready his lance and charge upon his ghostly horse toward the bladed wraith.

1d20+13 to hit vs. Touch AC.
2d8+40 + [roll12] for damage.

The skeletal cats leave their skeletal creatures and ten of them cluster onto the ghastly knight. Two seem to remain with the triple skulled creature.

(Enter round 4, Flinn's action)

Aegis013
2014-08-03, 09:04 PM
Totally failed the Spectral Rider's rolls. Redoing them here.

[roll0] to hit vs. Touch AC.
[roll1] + (2d6)[5] for damage.

Silver Night
2014-08-04, 12:23 AM
Kasha

Kasha squints through the darkness at the oncoming undead and carefully moves closer (though staying screened by the others). She does something.

Knowledge: Religion [roll0] (Spending 1 inspiration point) to identify the various undead and for Knowledge Devotion.

Casting Wall of Force SLA, ideally with the rider and up to half of the skeletons on the side of the party, and the other skeletons and the robed creature on the other. 6 rounds

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 02:26 AM
Kasha recalls her knowledge of creatures like these.

Three skull skeleton:

This creature is a skull lord. A sinister undead with powers over lesser undead creatures. Skull lords are capable of raising skeletal undead to their evil bidding.
Skull lords wield bone staffs and spit bone shards at range. Both attacks deal cold damage, and a skull lord is immune to cold based attacks.
Skull lords can cause bone shards to be wrenched from a creature's body, then subsequently spit them back at the sme creature with unerring accuracy.
When a skull lord takes enough damage, it loses one of its skulls and the special power granted to it by that skull. Its ability to create undead goes first, followed by its spitting skull. Destroying the skulls also makes turning a skull lord and its minions easier.

Ghastly Knight

Spectral Riders are elite undead knights in the service of skull lords or powerful necromancers. They ride ghostly steeds that they can summon at-will.
These dark knights spread desecration with every step, and they can assume a ghostly incorporeal form. They are protected against goodness, and their weapons are made unholy by their touch.
Spectral riders can slay creatures with a mere touch, and good creatures fall more easily to this defilement.

You also recall that their desecration aura is capable of destroying holy symbols, transmuting them into acid and damaging the user, but has a very limited range.

Spine-skeleton monstrosities

Serpentirs are dreadful snakelike undead formed from several skeletons. Serpentirs are deadly hunters who can sense living beings. They stalk prey before attacking, grabbing foes and dragging them off to be devoured in the darkness.
A serpentir's ribs act as prehensile legs, allowing it to move at great speed. These ribs also form a churning maw that can shred creatures trapped within it.

Skeletal cats.

These are in fact the skeletons of house-cats. You're not sure why they're here or what threat they could really pose.

Silver Night
2014-08-04, 03:33 AM
Kasha will relay as much of the information as she can to the others

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-04, 12:55 PM
Wraith will land close to Kasha and quickly relay what happened, before casting an additional spell of protection, his limbs cripplingly slow. "That blasted three skull thing used magic darts or something, now I can barely move without tripping over my own feet. Got anything for that in your bag of magic tricks?"

Assuming that the knight hit him from the ground, Wraith's regen will kick in, healing him back up to 12 hitpoints. Regardless he'll cast Shield, bringing his AC from 18 to 22.

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 02:57 PM
Wraith withdraws towards his allies.

With the wraith too far, and other prey closer, the Serpentirs begin to charge Trasil one after another. With the coordination of higher intelligence, they maneuver into positions around Trasil.

Serpentir 2
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] for damage
Serpentir 3
[roll2] to hit
[roll3] for damage
Serpentir 5
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] for damage
Serpentir 6
[roll6] to hit
[roll7] for damage
Serpentir 4
[roll8] to hit
[roll9] for damage

Their movements provoke AoOs from Trasil. Friendly reminder; Serpentir 2 has only 10 hp remaining, if you want to try to finish one off.

The skull lord draws out another scroll, pinching it between its thumb (its last remaining finger) and palm, untying the bind by gripping it with one of its three jaws. How many could it have? Seeing the enemy reinforcements, and with a gleam of recognition in the slight blue flames within its hollow eye sockets, it casts from the scroll and appears to merge into the stone floor below, disappearing from the fight. Perhaps it has abandoned this battle.

Kasha, Trasil, and Heracles' actions.

The creatures are beginning to gang up on Trasil.
Kasha, you can use your Wall of Force SLA, if you trap the rider on the group's side, you'll have all but the Serpentir who stayed back with the skull lord, or you could block off the rider, the skull lord and the last serpentir. Up to you.

Ten of the skeletal cats are with the spectral rider, and two are where the skull lord merged into the floor.

Silver Night
2014-08-04, 03:49 PM
Kasha

If I'm understanding correct, and I can trap all the Serps but one on the party's side, and leave the rider, remaining serp, and skull lord on the other side, that's what I'll do. Also, the wall is invisible, if the rider wants to charge full speed into it. :smallbiggrin:

Kasha addresses Wraith, "Nothing at the moment, though I might be able to help you by tomorrow. Are you going to be any use? I could at least make you invisible if you can still help with the fight, so you might avoid further attacks - otherwise I suggest you might take rear guard."

Mousedigits
2014-08-04, 06:43 PM
Trasil slices his Katana at the Serp that hit him.

Vs Serp 6
[roll0] to hit <--- Threat
[roll1] to confirm
[roll2]
[roll3] if a crit

[roll4] to hit
[roll5] to confirm
[roll6]
[roll7] if a crit

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 07:45 PM
Mousedigits, Trasil also has an AoO against a Serpentir of his choice. Feel free to take it.

Kasha uses her Wall of Force, separating the enemies.

Trasil slices into once of the creatures.

You deal a total of 14 damage to Serpentir #6, it has 38 hp remaining.

Heracles moves in to help Trasil take down the skeletal creature.

Power Attack for 6.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to confirm if it threatens.
[roll2]
[roll3] added on a crit.
The creature takes 38 damage, reducing its hp to 0 and it collapses into a motionless pile of bones.

The Spectral Rider touches his broach once again, which shines with an unholy glow. He readies his lance taking aim towards Trasil and begins to charge. His steed slams face-first into the wall of force causing a brief refraction of light from the impact. The phantom steed is destroyed by the force of the impact and the rider thrown against the wall by the force and disappearance of his mount.

That was cool. I'm going to adjudicate the damage against him on the charge as if he had fallen the distance he charged, which at most would be 50ft.
Thus the spectral rider takes [roll4] damage, and has (25) hp remaining.

(Enter round 5)

Mousedigits
2014-08-04, 07:53 PM
A Serp leaves an opening as it moves, allowing Trasil to strike.

[roll0]
[roll1] to confirm
[roll2] damage
[roll3] if a crit

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-04, 08:15 PM
Cursing undead magic with his every breathe, Wraith backs up even further and tries to focus solely on defense.

Moving back 30 ft from the fight and using Total Defense. Regen brings hp to 17 and total defense brings AC to 26. For the purposes of keeping combat going, Wraith will simply perform the same action until his dexterity is restored. On that note, Cat's Grace lasts for five minutes, with roughly two and a half minutes of have been used. When the spell fails, he's going to become completely paralyzed as the ability damage is brought to 0.

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 08:34 PM
A Serp leaves an opening as it moves, allowing Trasil to strike.

[roll0]
[roll1] to confirm
[roll2] damage
[roll3] if a crit

Which Serpentir would you like to have attacked?

The remaining 4 Serpentirs surrounding Trasil mercilessly swing their claws towards him.

Serpentir 2
[roll4] damage with claw 1
[roll5] damage with claw 2
[roll6] damage with claw 3
[roll7] damage with claw 4
Serpentir 3
[roll12] damage with claw 1
[roll13] damage with claw 2
[roll14] damage with claw 3
[roll15] damage with claw 4
Serpentir 5
[roll20] damage with claw 1
[roll21] damage with claw 2
[roll22] damage with claw 3
[roll23] damage with claw 4
Serpentir 4
[roll28] damage with claw 1
[roll29] damage with claw 2
[roll30] damage with claw 3
[roll31] damage with claw 4

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 08:38 PM
Serpentir #5, getting at least two claws into Trasil immediately attempts to grab him up.

[roll0]
you must roll an opposed grapple (BAB+Str+other relevant modifiers [anything that would improve your combat maneuver bonus would apply for this]) to avoid being

Kasha, Trasil and Heracles' actions.

Mousedigits
2014-08-04, 09:14 PM
Trasil would have gone against #6. I meant to add it in, but I guess i forgot.

Trasil, finding himself surrounded, starts using some of his more deadly attacks, assuming he doesn't get grappled.

Opposed Grapple: [roll0]
swift action: by spending one arcane point, my sword is now +1 keen frost flaming.
Full-round: Spell Combat, casting an intensified shocking grasp.
Vs 3:
[roll1] to hit.
[roll2] confirm.
[roll3]+[roll4] (Frost+Flaming)+[roll5] (Shocking) damage
[roll6] if crit
if the first attack misses, the shocking grasp discharges on my next hit.

Vs 5:
[roll7] to hit.
[roll8] confirm.
[roll9]+[roll10] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll11] if crit

Vs. 6:
[roll12] to hit. (Whoops, forgot this is iterative, would be 19)
[roll13] confirm.
[roll14]+[roll15] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll16] if crit

Then, he starts flying.

Mousedigits
2014-08-04, 09:15 PM
Whoops, forgot if the Shocking Grasp Critted, which I think it did. If so, add [roll0]

Silver Night
2014-08-04, 09:19 PM
Kasha

Kasha will try to channel positive energy into the undead with its claws in Trasil.

Spending 1 inspiration point, (2 left) to do 16 damage. It isn't clear from the description what the range is or if it requires an attack roll - but since it is similar to turning, I figure a 60' range and since it targets a specific creature I'll go with Ranged Touch? [roll0]

She then takes the opportunity to move away from her previous location, though she stays not-too-close to the action.

Oh, the joys of having like half the HP of anyone else. :smallfrown: And not her first tomb-rodeo, so she knows that undead who sink into the floor are prone to popping back out of it at inconvenient times - hence the move. Also, don't know if you missed my question from the OOC: did the skull dude take his cats with him when he went into the floor?

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 09:20 PM
Serpentir #5 draws Trasil into its ribs, which significantly restrict his movement. The ribs begin to churn, it won't be long before this motion begins to tear Trasil apart.

Serpentir #6 begins to reassemble. Likely due to the Skull Lords' ability to create undead minions, clearly even from the corpses of its own undead minions.

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 09:24 PM
Serpentir #5 is afflicted by Kasha's holy energies.

It takes the full 16 damage and has 36 hp remaining.

Heracles moves to take down the skeletal creature gripping Trasil.

Power attack for 5
[roll0] to hit attack 1
[roll1] to hit attack 2
[roll2] damage on attack 1
[roll3] damage on attack 2

That definitely destroys Serpentir #5.

The Spectral Rider spawns a new Phantom Steed and spends its turn remounting.

(Enter round 6)

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 09:28 PM
Serpentir #6 has reformed!

Wraith continues defending in the back of the group.

The Serpentirs once again repeat their onslaught against Trasil.

Serpentir 2
[roll4] for damage with claw 1
[roll5] for damage with claw 1
[roll6] for damage with claw 1
[roll7] for damage with claw 1
Serpentir 3
[roll12] for damage with claw 1
[roll13] for damage with claw 1
[roll14] for damage with claw 1
[roll15] for damage with claw 1
Serpentir 6
[roll20] for damage with claw 1
[roll21] for damage with claw 1
[roll22] for damage with claw 1
[roll23] for damage with claw 1
Serpentir 4
[roll28] for damage with claw 1
[roll29] for damage with claw 1
[roll30] for damage with claw 1
[roll31] for damage with claw 1

The corpse of Serpentir #5 begins to reform!

Silver Night
2014-08-04, 09:31 PM
Kasha

Kasha moves closer to the others. She hopes her protective aura (which has a radius of 20' and gives +4 to saves and +4 deflection to AC against evil creatures along with the effects of 'Protection from Evil') will help prevent the creatures from re-assembling. She uses her 'Greater Invisibility' SLA on herself before moving.

And not her first tomb-rodeo, so she knows that undead who sink into the floor are prone to popping back out of it at inconvenient times - hence the move. Also, don't know if you missed my question from the OOC: did the skull dude take his cats with him when he went into the floor?

Aegis013
2014-08-04, 11:00 PM
The two cats did not go into the ground. They are standing where the Skull Lord went into the ground, though. The other ten are still with the Rider.

Aegis013
2014-08-05, 02:37 PM
Heracles decides to go ahead and bring down the injured Serpentir #2.

[roll0] atk 1
[roll1] atk 2
[roll2] dmg 1
[roll3] dmg 2

Serpentir #2 is destroyed. (5 and 2 are down, though 5 is reforming and will be up next round)

Waiting for Trasil's action for the round.

The rider prods against the wall of force with his lance, testing if the invisible barrier still blocks his path.

Mousedigits
2014-08-05, 06:51 PM
Trasil tries to break the grapple. (Full round, standard?)

[roll0]

Aegis013
2014-08-05, 09:14 PM
Trasil tries to break the grapple. (Full round, standard?)

[roll0]

Breaking the grapple is unnecessary. Kasha and Heracles freed you by knocking the Serpentir gripping you into pieces.

Mousedigits
2014-08-05, 10:21 PM
Breaking the grapple is unnecessary. Kasha and Heracles freed you by knocking the Serpentir gripping you into pieces.

Whoops, thought it was a different serp. All right then!
Trasil keeps attacking the serps surrounding him.

swift action: by spending one arcane point, my sword is now +1 keen frost flaming.
Full-round: Spell Combat, casting an intensified shocking grasp.
Vs 3:
[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] confirm.
[roll2]+[roll3] (Frost+Flaming)+[roll4] (Shocking Grasp) damage
[roll5]+[roll6] if crit

Vs 5:
[roll7] to hit.
[roll8] confirm.
[roll9]+[roll10] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll11] if crit

Vs. 6:
[roll12] to hit.
[roll13] confirm.
[roll14]+[roll15] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll16] if crit

Then, he starts flying.

EDIT: Ooh, those rolls look bad....

Aegis013
2014-08-06, 09:24 AM
The slashes from Trasil pass right through the gaps in the bones of the bizarre skeletal creatures.
Though #5 was down during your attack, since they're focused on you, their Dodge feat is targeted on you, so you missed their AC by 1 anyway, sadly.

(enter round 7)

Wraith continues to defend and regenerate his health.

The Serpentirs continue their onslaught against Trasil!

Serpentir 3
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
[roll3] claw 4
[roll4] dmg 1
[roll5] dmg 2
[roll6] dmg 3
[roll7] dmg 4
Serpentir 6
[roll8] claw 1
[roll9] claw 2
[roll10] claw 3
[roll11] claw 4
[roll12] dmg 1
[roll13] dmg 2
[roll14] dmg 3
[roll15] dmg 4
Serpentir 4
[roll16] claw 1
[roll17] claw 2
[roll18] claw 3
[roll19] claw 4
[roll20] dmg 1
[roll21] dmg 2
[roll22] dmg 3
[roll23] dmg 4

Serpentir #5 has fully reformed! Serpentir #2 begins to reform. No doubt the Skull Lord's work.

The charger is still watching from the other side of the invisible barrier.

Aegis013
2014-08-06, 09:26 AM
Serpentir #6, landing two claws into Trasil, immediately attempts to grab him and pull him into its churning ribs.
[roll0]

The group's actions.

Silver Night
2014-08-06, 08:19 PM
Kasha

Seeing that her protective aura doesn't seem to be having any effect, Kasha moves to attack the reforming Serp before it can fully reconstitute.

Scimitar:
Attack: [roll0] (+whatever bonus for being invisible)
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Desiccating Touch:
Touch Attack: [roll4] (+whatever bonus for being invisible)
Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

Edit: Those were not very impressive rolls.

Mousedigits
2014-08-07, 12:47 AM
"I could use some help over here, guys!

[roll0] to break grapple.

As serp 6 hits Trasil, it is shocked by an intensified shocking grasp, stored in the armor, dealing [roll1] damage.

He's going vs 6, until it goes down, in which case he goes vs 3.
[roll2] to hit.
[roll3] confirm.
[roll4]+[roll5] (Frost+Flaming)+[roll6] (Shocking Grasp) damage
[roll7]

[roll8] to hit.
[roll9] confirm.
[roll10]+[roll11] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll12] if crit

[roll13] to hit.
[roll14] confirm.
[roll15]+[roll16] (Frost+Flaming)
[roll17] if crit

Aegis013
2014-08-07, 03:32 PM
Heracles joins in attacking Serpentir #3.
Power Attack for 5
[roll0] atk 1
[roll1] atk 2
[roll2] dmg 1
[roll3] dmg 2

Aegis013
2014-08-07, 03:41 PM
Serpentir #2 doesn't reform properly, having received damage during its reconstitution.

Good thought trying to stop it from reforming, you do double damage (after DR) and you managed to knock off one of its four claws. It reforms with only 24 hp.

Serpentir #6 is electrocuted and slashed, and falls to bits, destroyed.

Serpentir #3 is slashed several times.

Trasil and Heracles did 42 damage to it, and it has 10 hp remaining.

(Enter Round 8)
The Serpentirs don't show any sign of relenting in their onslaught against Trasil.
Serpentir 2
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
Missing claw 4
[roll3] dmg 1
[roll4] dmg 2
[roll5] dmg 3
Missing claw 4
Serpentir 3
[roll6] claw 1
[roll7] claw 2
[roll8] claw 3
[roll9] claw 4
[roll10] dmg 1
[roll11] dmg 2
[roll12] dmg 3
[roll13] dmg 4
Serpentir 5
[roll14] claw 1
[roll15] claw 2
[roll16] claw 3
[roll17] claw 4
[roll18] dmg 1
[roll19] dmg 2
[roll20] dmg 3
[roll21] dmg 4
Serpentir 4
[roll22] claw 1
[roll23] claw 2
[roll24] claw 3
[roll25] claw 4
[roll26] dmg 1
[roll27] dmg 2
[roll28] dmg 3
[roll29] dmg 4

Serpentir #6 begins to reform. This clearly won't stop as long as the Skull Lord lives.

The Spectral Rider's Phantom Steed paws the ground anxiously as its rider sits, lance still in hand, ready to strike as soon as it perceives an opening.

The group's actions.

Silver Night
2014-08-07, 09:00 PM
Kasha

Kasha tries See Invisibility SLA, reasoning that the Skull Lord may need to be above the floor (if unseen) in order to see minions to revive.

Aegis013
2014-08-07, 09:30 PM
Kasha

Kasha tries See Invisibility SLA, reasoning that the Skull Lord may need to be above the floor (if unseen) in order to see minions to revive.

With Kasha's understanding of the Skull Lord, she'd know that while you might hinder the skeletal minions, they'll keep getting back up without stopping unless something is done about the Skull Lord. I've dropped hints, but the group still seems to be focused on trying to take down the skeletal minions. Even from within the floor, his evil will keep bringing the skeletons back. Her spellcraft is high enough that you could probably figure out the spell used and try to come up with a counter that way.

I'll let you change this action if you'd like.

Silver Night
2014-08-07, 11:07 PM
Kasha

I shall, then. I would have focused more on him (and I'm sure others would have too) but if he is in the floor it seemed like he would be out of reach.

Spellcraft: [roll0] With +1 inspiration point (Only 1 left!) before I choose a new counter, then. The only thing I'd considered so far is maybe Dispel Magic.

Aegis013
2014-08-08, 12:32 AM
Kasha, thinking back briefly on the spell effect she witnessed cast from the most recent scroll, she recognizes its effects as Meld Into Stone.

Options of trumping Meld Into Stone vary from Dispelling the effect, which will violently spit the melded out of the stone dealing damage to him, or to break the stone containing the user. Particular spells are highly effective against this defense. Transmute Rock to Mud is liable to instantly kill the enemy. Stone to Flesh, Stone Shape, and Passwall are all also viable counters.

Silver Night
2014-08-08, 01:24 AM
Kasha

Kasha casts Dispel Magic down into the stone.

Dispel Magic SLA: [roll0]

"If any of you can dispel magical effects, direct your energies to the stone beneath us."

Aegis013
2014-08-08, 03:29 PM
Heracles responds "I have no such power."
Heracles, noting that his ally is dying states "I could try to give a potion to our fallen ally, but it would be risky."

If you tell him to go through with it, he'll attempt to administer a potion of cure light wounds to Trasil as a full-round action, provoking attacks of opportunity.

Silver Night
2014-08-08, 03:58 PM
Kasha

"I can get him stable. It will just delay my next attempt on the Skull Lord slightly. The wall will come down in just a few moments, be ready for that."

By my count I think we have 2 rounds left on the wall. I'll get Trasil stable and then try my backup dispel the next round. Still kicking myself for not trying a spellcraft check earlier :smallmad:

Aegis013
2014-08-08, 05:34 PM
Heracles responds "Say when and I will attempt to slay the rider."

Heracles attacks Serpentir #2.
Power attack for 5
[roll0] atk 1
[roll1] atk 2
[roll2] dmg 1
[roll3] dmg 2

Serpentir #2 is knocked to pieces.

Aegis013
2014-08-08, 05:38 PM
(Enter round 9)

Serpentir #6 has reformed! Serpentir #2 begins to reform

The Serpentirs turn their attention toward Heracles, moving into position, they provoke an attack of opportunity.

Heracle's AoO vs Serpentir 3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Serpentir #3 is down. (so #2 and #3 are down presently)

Aegis013
2014-08-08, 05:41 PM
The Serpentirs attack!

Serpentir 5
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
Serpentir 6
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
Serpentir 4
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Heracles takes 38 damage and has 72 hp remaining.

The rider continues to await an opening.

Group's actions.

Silver Night
2014-08-08, 09:36 PM
Kasha

Kasha goes over to Trasil and uses her last CLW SLA for [roll0] healing.

Aegis013
2014-08-09, 04:04 AM
Heracles manifests Vigor, expending 6 pp (used 8pp now). He gains 30 temporary HP and now has 102 hp remaining.

The round before the wall goes down, let Heracles know, he'll ready an action to charge the rider.

Trasil returns to consciousness from the healing. Waiting for Trasil's action.

Mousedigits
2014-08-09, 09:56 AM
Trasil simply stays down, hoping that if he does that, they won't attack him.

Aegis013
2014-08-09, 11:05 AM
(Enter round 10)

Serpentir #2 has reformed! Serpentir #3 begins to reform.

The Serpentirs attack Heracles!
Serpentir 2
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
[roll3] claw 4
[roll4] dmg 1
[roll5] dmg 2
[roll6] dmg 3
[roll7] dmg 4
Serpentir 5
[roll8] claw 1
[roll9] claw 2
[roll10] claw 3
[roll11] claw 4
[roll12] dmg 1
[roll13] dmg 2
[roll14] dmg 3
[roll15] dmg 4
Serpentir 6
[roll16] claw 1
[roll17] claw 2
[roll18] claw 3
[roll19] claw 4
[roll20] dmg 1
[roll21] dmg 2
[roll22] dmg 3
[roll23] dmg 4
Serpentir 4
[roll24] claw 1
[roll25] claw 2
[roll26] claw 3
[roll27] claw 4
[roll28] dmg 1
[roll29] dmg 2
[roll30] dmg 3
[roll31] dmg 4

Heracles takes 39 damage and has 63 hp remaining.

Silver Night
2014-08-09, 09:05 PM
Kasha

Kasha uses her last Dispel Magic, with a muttered prayer to deities whose names are difficult to keep in one's mind: [roll0]

"The wall will come down soon, be ready!" She addresses Trasil, "Can you use divine wands?" and if the answer is in the affirmative, uses her move action to take out the Wand of lesser vigor she has and drop it near him.

This is, by my count, our last full round of the wall, it should come down next round.

Mousedigits
2014-08-10, 01:03 AM
No, I'm Arcane. However, I do have some means of healing." Trail says as he uses a Healing Hex on himself, healing [roll0] damage on his turn. This DOES NOT provoke AoO's.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 11:05 AM
Kasha's magic dispels the Skull Lords magics, and it is violently expunged from the stone floor, launching the Skull Lord several feet into the air, it collapses on the ground, but continues to move. The blue flames in its empty eye sockets seem to burn with a fury at the this new development.

The Skull Lord takes [roll0] damage from being expelled from the stone, and is now prone. It has 60 hp remaining.

Heracles says "I will be ready."
Using a swift action he activates his amulet of tears. Expending all of its charges he gains 24 temporary hp and now has 96 hp.
Heracles uses his remaining actions to ready a charge against the Spectral Rider.

(Enter round 11)

As the wall comes down, both Heracles and the Rider's readied actions take place, charging towards each other. Heracles eeks out a slightly faster reaction. He provokes from the Serpentirs, and charges the Rider.

Serpentir 2
[roll1]
[roll2]
Serpentir 5
[roll3]
[roll4]
Serpentir 6
[roll5]
[roll6]
Serpentir 4
[roll7]
[roll8]

Heracles takes 4 damage and has 92 hp left

Heracles charges the Rider!
Power Attack for 5
[roll9] to hit
[roll10] damage

The rider attempts to become incorporeal as it begins its move, but Heracles moves too quickly, dealing 30 damage and slaying the Rider, knocking him off his spectral steed.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 11:10 AM
Serpentir #3 has reformed!

All of the Serpentirs rush Heracles, the Skull Lord desperate to defend itself.

Serpentir 2
[roll0] atk
[roll1] dmg
Serpentir 3
[roll2] atk
[roll3] dmg
Serpentir 5
[roll4] atk
[roll5] dmg
Serpentir 6
[roll6] atk
[roll7] dmg
Serpentir 4
[roll8] atk
[roll9] dmg

The Skull Lord stands from prone, and reaches a fingerless boned hand towards Heracles, opening one of its jaws.

[roll10]

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 11:13 AM
Heracles cries out in pain as fragments of bone are wrenched from his body! Shooting out, they enter the skull of the Skull Lord whose jaw opened. It closes as another skull opens and launches the fragments back as projectiles, tearing through Heracles body again!

Heracles takes [roll0] damage. Across the various attacks, Heracles takes a total of 32 damage and has 60 hp remaining.

The group's actions.

Silver Night
2014-08-10, 12:14 PM
Kasha

Lightning shoots from Kasha's location, directed at the Skull Lord.

For SR, if the Skull Lord has it: [roll0]

Chain Lightning damage: [roll1]

Secondary targets would be the serps and if there are more secondaries left, start on the cats.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 12:54 PM
vs. a DC of 20 I believe.

Skull Lord
[roll0]
Serpentir 2
[roll1]
Serpentir 3
[roll2]
Serpentir 5
[roll3]
Serpentir 6
[roll4]
Serpentir 4
[roll5]
Serpentir 1
[roll6]

All of the Serpentirs are reduced to 30hp. The Skull Lord is reduced to 38 hp.

As the lightning strikes the Skull Lord, branching out to his six skeletal minions, one of his skulls cracks loudly, the blue flames abruptly vanishing from its empty eye sockets. The flames within the eyes of the other two skulls burn even more ferociously.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 01:01 PM
Heracles attacks Serpentir #2.

Power Attack declared this round can't be changed
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hitting with his second swing, he knocks it to pieces.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 01:09 PM
(Enter Round 12)

The Serpentirs attack Heracles! Serpentir #1 joining into the combat.
Serpentir 1
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
[roll3] claw 4
[roll4] dmg 1
[roll5] dmg 2
[roll6] dmg 3
[roll7] dmg 4
Serpentir 3
[roll8] claw 1
[roll9] claw 2
[roll10] claw 3
[roll11] claw 4
[roll12] dmg 1
[roll13] dmg 2
[roll14] dmg 3
[roll15] dmg 4
Serpentir 4
[roll16] claw 1
[roll17] claw 2
[roll18] claw 3
[roll19] claw 4
[roll20] dmg 1
[roll21] dmg 2
[roll22] dmg 3
[roll23] dmg 4
Serpentir 5
[roll24] claw 1
[roll25] claw 2
[roll26] claw 3
[roll27] claw 4
[roll28] dmg 1
[roll29] dmg 2
[roll30] dmg 3
[roll31] dmg 4
Serpentir 6
[roll32] claw 1
[roll33] claw 2
[roll34] claw 3
[roll35] claw 4
[roll36] dmg 1
[roll37] dmg 2
[roll38] dmg 3
[roll39] dmg 4

Heracles takes 42 damage and has 18 hp remaining.

The Skull Lord draws another scroll from its robe, gripping it once more between its last thumb and palm. The creature moves with its two skeletal cats into the group of Serpentirs and the remaining ten skeletal cats. As the Skull Lord completes its spell, it points its hand towards Heracles and a shining orb of fire fires from it, exploding and catching the entire group of creatures in the blast.

The skeletal cats choose to fail their reflex saves.
Reflex save DC 14
Heracles [roll40]
Skull Lord [roll41]
Serpentir #1 [roll42]
Serpentir #3 [roll43]
Serpentir #4 [roll44]
Serpentir #5 [roll45]
Serpentir #6 [roll46]

The fireball deals [roll47] damage to the group.

Heracles takes 7 damage and has 11 hp remaining.
The Serpentirs take 7 damage and have 23 hp remaining each.
The Skull Lord takes 14 damage and has 24 hp remaining, another skull cracking in the process.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 01:15 PM
Each of the skeletal cats is destroyed. As their bones break apart from the force of the fireball, they detonate. Like small bombs, each releasing a small explosion of negative energy. Just far enough to reach reach Heracles and the horde of undead surrounding him.

DC 15 half
[roll0]

the explosion deals
[roll1] negative energy damage, healing the undead creatures around it.

Heracles dies, his life force drained by the massive blast of unholy energy. The undead, invigorated by it, turn their attentions towards the remainder of the group.
The Skull Lords broken skulls reform, the blue lights reappearing within their hollow eye sockets.

The Undead are now all at full hp.

Silver Night
2014-08-10, 01:40 PM
Kasha

Kasha appears behind the Skull Lord (perhaps 25 feet from him), Scimitar upraised an glowing with a pearly, holy-looking light! "We will destroy you, foul creature!"

Actually, I think I have this one last round of invisibility. That is a Major Image. Always gotta play to expectations with your illusory dialog. Kasha will concentrate on it this round (so it can react to attacks appropriately), and then leave it to its own devices.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 01:45 PM
(Enter Round 13)

The Skull Lord backs away from the image, commanding its minions to swarm it. The Serpentirs swarm the Image; with no rider to leave a path for, they largely obscure the image from sight.

The Skull Lord is now about 50ft from the Serpentirs, and alone, near Trasil and Kasha.

Silver Night
2014-08-10, 01:57 PM
Kasha

Kasha's invisibility finally fails, and having left the illusion dancing backward last round, while getting closer to the Skull Lord she uses her last Inspiration point to channel divine energy directly into him.

Touch attack: [roll0]

16 automatic damage.

Also, I don't know (I suspect not) if she an channel her Desiccating Touch through the same attack (It can be added on to other types of attack like natural attacks, but that's a sort of different type of action) but just in case: [roll1]

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-10, 02:11 PM
Nathaniel can only watch as his comrades are overwhelmed by undead. Worse still, the twitching and fumbling has nearly impaired all of his functions. In a minute he'll be paralyzed as the magic is only barely keeping him moving. Hoping the undead bastard doesn't have any goodly scrolls tucked away, Wraith will activate flight and move over the serpentirs, while yelling "By the light of my father's eyes you will die here monster!" However, before actually reaching the skeletal mage, he'll immediately fall flat on the ground, overcome by spasms!

Wraith will make a bluff check, pretending to be a twitching paralyzed wreck. For point of reference, his hp is at 47.
Bluff check [roll0]
Disguise check, as I don't know which of the skill you would consider necessary in this circumstance. [roll1]
If bluff is successful (assuming Disguise isn't the required skill) Wraith will spend the next 3 rounds studying the skull lord, before using the Swashbuckler's kip up to automatically get up from prone and making a death attack on the skeleton.

Mousedigits
2014-08-10, 02:27 PM
Trasil sees how bad the situation is going. He's down for now, and one of the members of the party died already. He realizes that if he doesn't start contributing a bit more, things will only get worse. So, without further ado, he whispers the words, "Mirror Image", and [roll0] images that look just like him appear in his space.

Aegis013
2014-08-10, 05:09 PM
Flinn, the Serpentirs are actually further into the tunnel than you, so no need to fly over them.

(Enter Round 14)

The Skull Lord is entirely taken aback as there is suddenly a burst of activity around it, the creature seems so surprised at this new development, it fails to act.

The Serpentirs continue swinging their claws wildly at the illusory image of Kasha.

Silver Night
2014-08-10, 06:01 PM
Kasha

Kasha attacks again, reduced to nothing but trying to kill the other guy before he kills her, since her bag of magical tricks is empty.

This round and 2 more rounds for the illusion

Scimitar:

Damage: [roll1]

Desiccating Touch:

Attack: [roll2] Touch Attack

Aegis013
2014-08-11, 10:44 AM
The Skull Lord takes 21 damage from Kasha's attacks and has 57 hp remaining.

Forgot the previous round's 16 positive energy damage, so the Skull Lord has 41 hp remaining.

One of the Skull Lord's skulls cracks open with a snap. The blue flame within the sockets vanishes.

Aegis013
2014-08-12, 01:08 PM
Trasil casts Magic Missile!
[roll0]

The magical projectiles hit their target with an audible smack.
The Skull Lord takes 10 damage and has 31 hp remaining.

Aegis013
2014-08-12, 01:15 PM
(Enter Round 15)
(2 rounds have passed of the Wraith studying his prey)

The Skull Lord, knowing Trasil has been knocked down once before and seeing him in a less defensible position, points his hand toward the mob of prone Trasils. Then he quickly draws another scroll from his sleeves. As he casts from the scroll his stumpy hand darkens with negative energy, which he proceeds to hit himself with.

The Skull Lord heals [roll0] from Inflict Serious Wounds and now has 44 hp.

Aegis013
2014-08-12, 01:18 PM
The Serpentirs charge Trasil, one after another.
Each attacks a different target. They hit the real target on a 1, and an image on any other number. Trasil, being prone, has 4 less AC, cancelling out Kasha's aura.
Serpentir #1
[roll0] image
[roll1] atk
[roll2]
Serpentir #2
[roll3] image
[roll4] atk
[roll5]
Serpentir #3
[roll6] image
[roll7] atk
[roll8]
Serpentir #4
[roll9] image
[roll10] atk
[roll11]
Serpentir #5
[roll12] image
[roll13] atk
[roll14]
Serpentir #6
[roll15] image
[roll16] atk
[roll17]

Two of Trasil's images vanish, gouged by the claws of the Serpentirs, leaving a total of 5 apparent Trasils.

Mousedigits
2014-08-12, 04:11 PM
Anyone paying attention to Trasil sees him fumble around with his hands, say a few words, and disappear nothing happens.

Casting Vanish, 1st LVL spell, invis for 6 rounds.
Cast Defensively, DC 17: [roll0]

Of course.

Aegis013
2014-08-12, 04:29 PM
Replacing this post. Turns out I've done Defensive Casting wrong in my RL group for a long time. The more you know.

Rolls deleted were Serpentirs taking AoOs they weren't supposed to get.

Silver Night
2014-08-12, 07:20 PM
Kasha

Kasha attacks again, a vicious and most un-celestial-like grin growing as she pits herself against a worthy foe!

If she does get an AoO:

For her regular attack:

Scimitar:

Desiccating Touch:
Attack: [roll4] (Touch)
Damage: [roll5]

Aegis013
2014-08-12, 10:49 PM
The Scimitar slashes into the Skull Lord, though the touch attack passes through a hollow spot in the skeletal creature, hidden by the royal garments.

The Skull Lord takes 9 damage from the slash and has 35 hp remaining.

Aegis013
2014-08-13, 12:29 AM
(Enter round 16)
(Last round of Wraith studying his prey)

The Skull Lord turns towards Kasha and one of the two remaining skulls opens its mouth.
Roll a DC 19 Will save or have fragments of your bones pulled into its skull and spat back through you from the other skull dealing
[roll0] damage.

The Serpentirs continue their onslaught on the images of Trasil, each attacking one of the images and the last attacking a random image.
Serpentir #1 vs. Real Trasil
[roll1] claw 1
[roll2] claw 2
[roll3] claw 3
[roll4] claw 4
[roll5] dmg 1
[roll6] dmg 2
[roll7] dmg 3
[roll8] dmg 4
Serpentir #2 vs Image 1
[roll9] claw 1
[roll10] claw 2
[roll11] claw 3
[roll12] claw 4
[roll13] dmg 1
[roll14] dmg 2
[roll15] dmg 3
[roll16] dmg 4
Serpentir #3 vs. Image 2
[roll17] claw 1
[roll18] claw 2
[roll19] claw 3
[roll20] claw 4
[roll21] dmg 1
[roll22] dmg 2
[roll23] dmg 3
[roll24] dmg 4
Serpentir #4 vs. Image 3
[roll25] claw 1
[roll26] claw 2
[roll27] claw 3
[roll28] claw 4
[roll29] dmg 1
[roll30] dmg 2
[roll31] dmg 3
[roll32] dmg 4
Serpentir #5 vs. Image 4
[roll33] claw 1
[roll34] claw 2
[roll35] claw 3
[roll36] claw 4
[roll37] dmg 1
[roll38] dmg 2
[roll39] dmg 3
[roll40] dmg 4
Serpentir #6 vs. [roll41] (1 is real Trasil)
[roll42] claw 1
[roll43] claw 2
[roll44] claw 3
[roll45] claw 4
[roll46] dmg 1
[roll47] dmg 2
[roll48] dmg 3
[roll49] dmg 4

Due to being prone, images 3 and 4 are destroyed, leaving 3 apparent Trasils.

Silver Night
2014-08-13, 01:16 AM
Kasha

Kasha tries to avoid the attack, and makes an attack of her own!

Will save: [roll0]

Attacks:

Scimitar:
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Desiccating Touch:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Aegis013
2014-08-13, 12:24 PM
Kasha's scimitar slashes into the Skull Lord.
dealing 6 damage, leaving the Skull Lord with 29 hp remaining.

Aegis013
2014-08-14, 04:02 PM
Trasil stands up, provoking AoOs from the Serpentirs.

Two Serpentirs attack each Trasil. Real one is still 1.
Serpentir #1 vs. Trasil
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] dmg
Serpentir #2 vs. Trasil
[roll2] to hit
[roll3] dmg
Serpentir #3 vs. Image 1
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] dmg
Serpentir #4 vs. Image 1
[roll6] to hit
[roll7] dmg
Serpentir #5 vs. Image 2
[roll8] to hit
[roll9] dmg
Serpentir #6 vs. Image 2
[roll10] to hit
[roll11] dmg

Trasil proceeds to move (limited withdraw action to avoid any possible further AoOs) from the Serpentirs into a flanking position with Kasha around the Skull Lord.

Trasil took 8 damage and has 7 hp remaining.

Mousedigits
2014-08-14, 04:03 PM
Trasil, having run out of defensive spells, simply tries to escape to a more defensive position.

Standard: Use my Flight hex, flying for 1 minute
Move: Fly out of reach of the skeletal beasts attacking him, provoking AoO's.

Aegis013
2014-08-14, 04:06 PM
The Serpentirs make their AoOs.

Two Serpentirs attack each apparent Trasil.
Serpentir #1 vs Trasil
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] dmg
Serpentir #2 vs Trasil
[roll2] to hit
[roll3] dmg
Serpentir #3 vs Image 1
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] dmg
Serpentir #4 vs Image 1
[roll6] to hit
[roll7] dmg
Serpentir #5 vs Image 2
[roll8] to hit
[roll9] dmg
Serpentir #6 vs Image 2
[roll10] to hit
[roll11] dmg

So Trasil takes 8 damage, and one image is destroyed, since the AoOs would occur while you are still prone and beginning to move, I believe. Leaving 2 apparent Trasils.

Aegis013
2014-08-14, 04:12 PM
(Enter Round 17)
(Wraith may make his Death Attack now)

I'll wait for the Skull Lord's action until Wraith's Death Attack is resolved, but I'll go ahead and post the Serpentirs' actions, since they aren't affected by it this round either way, I suspect.

The Serpentirs, no longer able to take down the weakened prey, move to the next perceived threat; Kasha.

They charge Kasha one after the other, moving themselves into flanking positions under the coordination of their master.

Serpentir #1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Serpentir #2
[roll2]
[roll3]
Serpentir #3
[roll4]
[roll5]
Serpentir #4
[roll6]
[roll7]
Serpentir #5
[roll8]
[roll9]
Serpentir #6
[roll10]
[roll11]

Silver Night
2014-08-14, 05:40 PM
Kasha

Kasha desperately dodges the attacking skeleton creatures, and makes another attack!

Scimitar:

Desiccating Touch:

Mousedigits
2014-08-14, 05:50 PM
Trasil zaps one of the serps with a beam of white light.

Casting Disrupt Undead. [roll0] touch to hit
[roll1] damage

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-15, 07:49 AM
Wraith snaps up from the ground and sends his dueling sword straight into the mass of the skull lord, bringing his dagger and a another slash to bear for good measure.

Going to make a single death attack and two other attacks after spending a panache point to kip up from prone as a swift action.
Death Attack, Fort save of 13 [roll0], dealing [roll1] with sneak attack (if the death attack fails) [roll2]
Second sword attack [roll3], dealing [roll4]
Dagger attack [roll5], dealing [roll6]

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-15, 07:52 AM
To confirm [roll0] and if it connects dealing an additional [roll1]

Aegis013
2014-08-15, 01:38 PM
The Skull Lord is taken by surprise by the sudden attack from what it believed was a hapless victim of his foul magic. Even in this state, he avoids the death attack, but the second swing strikes true, cutting into one of its skulls, cleaving it in two.

You deal 25 damage to the Skull Lord with a critical hit, but miss the other two attacks. It has 4 hp remaining.

The Skull Lord opens its last jaw and releases foul whispers. In hopes of retribution it targets the most weakened of the opposing group; Trasil.
The Skull Lord uses Bone Beckon against Trasil (1 is the real Trasil) [roll0] if it targets the real Trasil, roll a DC 19 Will Save or take [roll1] damage.

Kasha then proceeds to slash and dessicate the Skull Lord, finally putting the thing down. The Skull Lord's whispers momentarily become a scream as its dehydrated bones crumple, parts of them falling to dust from the dehydrating effects of Kasha's power.

If the bone beckon was successful, the creature would've gained 5 hp, but you did 18 damage to its either 4 or 9 hp, so it's destroyed.

Trasil zaps a Serpentir with his magics.

Serpentir #1 has 48 hp remaining.

(Enter round 18)

(Insert Wraith's action here)

The Serpentirs proceed to carry out their last orders.
They swing their claws viciously, hoping to eviscerate Kasha.

Serpentir #1
[roll2] claw 1
[roll3] claw 2
[roll4] claw 3
[roll5] claw 3
[roll6] dmg 1
[roll7] dmg 2
[roll8] dmg 3
[roll9] dmg 4
Serpentir #2
[roll10] claw 1
[roll11] claw 2
[roll12] claw 3
[roll13] claw 3
[roll14] dmg 1
[roll15] dmg 2
[roll16] dmg 3
[roll17] dmg 4
Serpentir #3
[roll18] claw 1
[roll19] claw 2
[roll20] claw 3
[roll21] claw 3
[roll22] dmg 1
[roll23] dmg 2
[roll24] dmg 3
[roll25] dmg 4
Serpentir #4
[roll26] claw 1
[roll27] claw 2
[roll28] claw 3
[roll29] claw 3
[roll30] dmg 1
[roll31] dmg 2
[roll32] dmg 3
[roll33] dmg 4
Serpentir #5
[roll34] claw 1
[roll35] claw 2
[roll36] claw 3
[roll37] claw 3
[roll38] dmg 1
[roll39] dmg 2
[roll40] dmg 3
[roll41] dmg 4
Serpentir #6
[roll42] claw 1
[roll43] claw 2
[roll44] claw 3
[roll45] claw 3
[roll46] dmg 1
[roll47] dmg 2
[roll48] dmg 3
[roll49] dmg 4

(Groups actions)

Mousedigits
2014-08-15, 04:27 PM
Good job, guys! Keep your guard up! The Serps are still there!

[roll0] Will save

Trasil shoots a Ray of Enfeeblement at Serp #1.
[roll1] to hit vs touch
[roll2] STR Penalty.
This does affect undead because it's a penalty, not damage.

Silver Night
2014-08-15, 04:34 PM
Kasha

Kasha once again bobs and weaves, desperate not to be grabbed by one of the skeletal creatures as the powdery remains of their master slip from her hand. She moves through the space vacated by the Skull Lord, trying to get further away from the Serps, before turning and presenting her Holy Symbol.

Okay. Let's see:

Move 50' in whatever direction that is, taking a route that passes Wrait and Trasil if possible so that the Serps provoke AoO if they follow her.

Tumble: [roll0] to avoid AoO

Assuming she doesn't end up grappled, using Rebuke Undead:
Turning Check: [roll1]

Turning Damage: [roll2] total HD of undead

Aegis013
2014-08-15, 05:16 PM
Trasil's ray passes through the creature bones, narrowly missing.

The Serpentirs seem unaffected by Kasha's attempted rebuke.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-16, 01:07 AM
Sighing, Wraith begins to help with the cleanup.

If a serpentir is near enough to make a full attack action against it, here's the actions.
Sword 1 [roll0] dealing [roll1]
Sword 2 [roll2] dealing [roll3]
Dagger [roll4] dealing [roll5]
If not, he'll simply move and make the single first attack.

Aegis013
2014-08-16, 02:37 AM
Wraith slashes Serpentir #1.

and deals 23 damage. Serpentir #1 has 25 hp remaining.

(Enter Round 19)

The Serpentirs begin to attack whoever is near them. Presently, Wraith. Two are close enough to full attack, two more move to attack him, and the last two head off towards Kasha.

Serpentir #1
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
[roll3] claw 4
[roll4] dmg 1
[roll5] dmg 2
[roll6] dmg 3
[roll7] dmg 4
Serpentir #2
[roll8] claw 1
[roll9] claw 2
[roll10] claw 3
[roll11] claw 4
[roll12] dmg 1
[roll13] dmg 2
[roll14] dmg 3
[roll15] dmg 4
Serpentir #3
[roll16]
[roll17]
Serpentir #4
[roll18]
[roll19]

Serpentir #5 vs Kasha
[roll20]
[roll21]
Serpentir #6
[roll22]
[roll23]

The last two provoke AoOs from Wraith.

Silver Night
2014-08-16, 10:39 AM
Kasha

Kasha tries rebuking again.

[roll0] Check
[roll1] Total HD

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-16, 02:31 PM
Even as their claws tear through his flesh, Wraith continues to fight, ignoring the pain.

Could I get some indication when this ability damage will end? Regardless, here's my attack rolls, targeting the ones with lowest hp.

Aegis013
2014-08-16, 03:37 PM
Wraith slashes the damaged Serpentir, severing key vertebra and causing the creature to collapse into a pile of inanimate splintered bones.

You deal 26 damage to Serpentir #1, destroying it.

The ability damage doesn't end unless healed, just like HP damage. Fortunately, you guys are in capital city, about to receive a pretty substantial gold windfall from leveling, and have a caster capable of wielding a wand of lesser restoration without making checks. So you'll probably be in tip top shape relatively soon, but not before the end of the combat.

Kasha attempts to rebuke again, but the creatures don't seem especially affected.

Silver Night
2014-08-16, 04:07 PM
Kasha

Kasha makes an exasperated sound and just attacks whichever Serp she can reach that might be most damaged already.

Scimitar:

Desiccating Touch: [roll2]

Mousedigits
2014-08-16, 04:51 PM
Trasil just stays back and keeps blasting.

Ray of Enfeeblement
[roll0]
[roll1] Str Penalty

Aegis013
2014-08-16, 06:42 PM
Trasil strikes Serp #2 with his ray, the creature immediately begins to sag under its own weight.

(Enter round 20)

Serp #2 breaks off to try to attack Trasil, flailing fruitlessly towards the flying foe, its arms fatigued by his magics.

The other Serps attack their present targets.

Serp #3 vs. Wraith
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] claw 2
[roll2] claw 3
[roll3] claw 4
[roll4] dmg 1
[roll5] dmg 2
[roll6] dmg 3
[roll7] dmg 4
Serp #4 vs. Wraith
[roll8] claw 1
[roll9] claw 2
[roll10] claw 3
[roll11] claw 4
[roll12] dmg 1
[roll13] dmg 2
[roll14] dmg 3
[roll15] dmg 4
Serp #5 vs. Kasha
[roll16] claw 1
[roll17] claw 2
[roll18] claw 3
[roll19] claw 4
[roll20] dmg 1
[roll21] dmg 2
[roll22] dmg 3
[roll23] dmg 4
Serp #6 vs. Kasha
[roll24] claw 1
[roll25] claw 2
[roll26] claw 3
[roll27] claw 4
[roll28] dmg 1
[roll29] dmg 2
[roll30] dmg 3
[roll31] dmg 4

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-16, 08:01 PM
Gritting his teeth and barely standing, Wraith keeps swinging, despite the blood running down his face and arms.

Currently at a whopping 3 hp, thanks to regeneration. Will just keep targeting the nearest with lowest attacks.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-16, 08:03 PM
Here's the actual roll [roll0]

Aegis013
2014-08-16, 08:05 PM
Wraith slashes into Serp #3, its bones show clear marks of the damage.

You deal 50 damage to Serp #3, it has 2 hp remaining.

Silver Night
2014-08-16, 11:38 PM
Kasha

Kasha addresses Trasil, "Perhaps if you hit a couple more, you can draw them off us? If you will be airborne for a while?"

Mousedigits
2014-08-17, 12:14 AM
Sure, I'll come on down. he says as he casts a spell.

Casting an Intensified Shocking Grasp, flies over to Serp #4, and swings, channeling his spell through his sword.

[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] confirm
[roll2]+[roll3] damage.
add [roll4]+[roll5] if a crit.
EDIT: I REEAAALLY hope a 17 confirms the crit :smallbiggrin:

Aegis013
2014-08-17, 04:10 AM
Serp #4's bones are electrified and sent scattering across the stone floor by Trasil's perfectly placed blow.

You killed it. Good job.

Kasha hits Serp #5.

You deal 21 damage, and it has 31 hp remaining. I nearly missed your action. :smalleek:

Aegis013
2014-08-17, 04:17 AM
(Enter Round 21)

The Serps continue to attack their targets, with the exception of Serp #3, who decides to try to flee.

Serpentir #2 moves and attacks Trasil, who has lowered himself into combat range.
claw
1d6-1[/roll] damage
Serpentir #3 uses a full round withdraw and retreats towards the entrance of the crypt, traveling 100ft, provoking from Kasha as it hustles by, but not from Wraith, who it is fleeing from.
Serpentir #5 attacks Kasha
[roll1] claw 1
[roll2] claw 2
[roll3] claw 3
[roll4] claw 4
[roll5] dmg 1
[roll6] dmg 2
[roll7] dmg 3
[roll8] dmg 4
Serpentir #6 attacks Kasha
[roll9] claw 1
[roll10] claw 2
[roll11] claw 3
[roll12] claw 4
[roll13] dmg 1
[roll14] dmg 2
[roll15] dmg 3
[roll16] dmg 4

I'd reroll the claw damage against Trasil, but it critically missed anyway.

Silver Night
2014-08-17, 12:39 PM
Kasha

"Nicely done, Trasil." She attacks again.

AoO against #3:

Attack against #5:
Scimitar:

Desiccating Touch:
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-17, 02:30 PM
Surging forward, Wraith seeks to finish off the remaining beasts and seek help.

Once again, if he's in range use the full list of attacks, targeting the one with the lowest hp. If not, he moves and attacks.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-17, 02:33 PM
Wow, crits on every single attack.
Sword 1 Confirm [roll0] dealing +[roll1]
Sword 2 Confirm [roll2] dealing +[roll3]
Dagger Confirm [roll4] dealing +[roll5]

Mousedigits
2014-08-17, 04:38 PM
Trasil will cast another Intensified Shocking Grasp, 5' step (or fly) and attack one of the Serps.

[roll0] with the SG, through my sword.
[roll1] to confirm
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]
If a crit, add [roll4]+[roll5]
If the first attack misses, the SG applies to my next hit.

[roll6]
[roll7] to confirm
Damage: [roll8]
If a crit, add [roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11] to confirm
Damage: [roll12]
If a crit, add [roll13]

EDIT: That's Two Crits! (Assuming they confirm, but those are high confirmation rolls)

Aegis013
2014-08-17, 05:24 PM
Kasha destroys Serpentir #3 as it moves past. And slashes Serpentir #5, its bones splitting apart, it is destroyed.

Wraith moves in and with a series of well placed blows, breaks apart Serpentir #6, destroying it.

Trasil swoops in on his prey and annihilates the weakend Serpentir #2.

Technically, Serpentir #6 was too far away for Wraith to full attack, and Serpentir #5 didn't take enough damage to be destroyed... but at this point, the Serps are hardly a threat, and you've clearly won the fight.

Each character gains 7,580 XP, and levels up, having a total of 24,960 XP. Sahael will enter play with 24,500 XP (the half-way point between levels 7 and 8.

After a long and arduous battle, an eerie calm returns to the crypt. The husks of fallen creatures and friends strewn about the battle site. It doesn't take the group long to take account of the spoils.

I'm not concerned about bothering to identify stuff, since there's no more threats in the crypt, so I'm just going to tell you what stuff is.
The group finds the following treasure among the corpses:
On the corpse of Heracles:
1. Huge +1 Sizing Warning Glaive with Least Crystal of Return
2. Cloak of Resistance +2
3. Amulet of Tears (presently with no charges)
4. Healing Belt (full charges)
5. Hand of the Mage
6. Potion of Cure Light Wounds x4
7. a few alchemical items including 4 Icewald Lichen Pastes and Angel Radiance.
8. 48 gold pieces.
On the corpse of the Skull Lord:
1. Scroll of Warp Wood
2. Scroll of Sculpt Sound
3. Scroll of Haste
4. Third eye Clarity
On the corpse of the Spectral Rider
1. Heartseeking Amulet (1 charge remaining)
2. +1 Lance
3. Masterwork Fullplate.

Around the battle site, the group takes note of the large, luxurious tapestries hung on the walls behind the pilfered sarcophagi. These seem to weave stories of the ruler's reign together, in a form of artistic history. Accompanying these are pedestals with books lying on them, covered in dust from years preserved without use.

You discover two important things: The potentia is somehow related to 8 seemingly invulnerable statues enshrined in several places in this very country. The only one that was located during the king who oversaw this venture lies within a dungeon near the southern city of Comercia. It's an extremely dangerous place, often used as an option instead of a death sentence for notorious criminals. It's generally known by its colloquial name: The Otyugh Hole. Using a combination of divination and illusion magics, it is used as a kind of twisted entertainment for the community. Some venture in of their own volition for the notoriety successfully traversing it brings, but few are willing to take such a risk.

The second is a record of the death of the powerful necromancer Vrakmul. The great desert north of the river Discidium was created when the dark magics contained within his spire were unleashed upon his death. From the ashes and desecration rose twelve formidable creatures known as the Skull Lords, from the descriptions and illustrations, it appears you have trumped one in this previous battle. Many adventurers go into the desert seeking the hidden wonders of Vrakmul's lair, but few return, and those who do often wish they hadn't.

Not much further into the crypt there seems to be a makeshift laboratory. Various arrays of bottles and mortar and pestles lie strewn about. Signs suggest that whoever was residing here made a hasty exit. In one of the nearby sarcophagi, rather than the corpse of an ancient king, there appears to be a cocoon of amber wrapped around a male figure, just over six feet tall. The person appears to be perfectly preserved, although not moving, it still looks as though they might be alive.

Lying just further on appears to be a leather-bound grimoire. Possibly a spellbook, dropped while whoever operated the laboratory fled.

General Patton
2014-08-17, 06:55 PM
The male figure is garbed in the loose-fitting clothes of the desert, underneath a mithril breastplate. His tanned skin is speckled with patches of dull-red chitin, the same color as his hair and the scorpion tail sticking up behind him. His yellow eyes match the halo over his head and the golden-feathered wings draped over his shoulders in a poor imitation of a cloak.

Silver Night
2014-08-17, 08:09 PM
Kasha

Kasha nods to Trasil, "Perhaps you should use those potions, if you need them. Just in case anything else comes along while we're here. The two of you should take anything you might want from the items - I don't think there is anything among that of immediate use to me, aside from perhaps the cloak. Otherwise we can sell the remainder. I suppose here, among kings, is a fitting enough place for Heracles to rest."

Her interest in the immediate loot thus exhausted, Kasha turns her attention to the much more interesting (to her) mystery of the chamber around them.

Detect Magic and take 20 on searching the place, and use an inspiration point, for a total of 32 to really give the place a good going over

Knowledge: History (use another Inspiration point): [roll0] to glean any additional information from the tapestries/books/etc. Assuming she doesn't find any traps or anything, and the others don't object, she will also take the books for further study. Also, knowledge about the necromancer and Skull Lords (historically)

Spellcraft for what's up with the weird cocoon: [roll1]
Spellcraft for any additional spell effects she runs into:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll5] for anything else she finds that is magical, and for anything about the Grimoire (Another Inspiration Point)

Aegis013
2014-08-18, 03:16 AM
You detect a magic aura from the amber cocoon.

The amber cocoon is Quintessence. A substance created by metacreative psionics to separate an object, or in this case a person, from the flow of time. This person could potentially be millions of years old, perfectly preserved for untold lengths of time.

On the Skull Lords, it seems they are seeking out powerful dark artefacts. It is speculated they wish to restore the necromancer Vrakmul from whatever fate befell him. If this happens, it could spell disaster for the lands. He was extremely Evil, and despite that some progress in the arcane arts is contributed to his works, it is generally frowned upon to even mention so, his methods were so vile. No one is sure how, but last time he died an enormous area of the map was turned into the great desert. Who knows what horror would be wrought should he return.

You may make a Will Save DC 18 if you so wish for reasons which won't be revealed unless you pass (it would be good to roll it).

Silver Night
2014-08-18, 10:24 AM
Will Save: [roll0] (+4 if the aura against evil applies - I'd use an inspiration point (+7) but I don't knwo if she can when it's a save that she apparently doesn't know she is making? :P)

Aegis013
2014-08-18, 04:02 PM
I'm fine with the use of the Inspiration point. With that boost, she notices that the leather-bound grimoire also carries a number of magical auras. It appears to be an Illusion aura (1st level), likely the cause of the difficulty detecting the auras, several evocation auras (3rd level), and a conjuration aura (3rd level). Unfortunately, with only the auras, Kasha can't determine the precise effects of these magics.

Silver Night
2014-08-18, 08:46 PM
Kasha

Kasha studies the Grimoire carefully, and relays her findings to the others. If the non-spellbook books aren't trapped or the like, she will go ahead and take them.

Is it a trap? She has the Trapfinding class feature from Factotum, whose defining feature is being able to channel Admiral Akbar. If it is a trap, let's see:

Using Divine Insight + another inspiration point to attempt a Disable Device for disarming it [roll0] (Divine Insight +12; Inspiration +7; Int and 1 rank +5)

If it is not (explicitly) a trap, she will probably suggest leaving it there for the moment, until she can come back better prepared, since picking up something with several evocation auras on it seems like a bad idea anyway.

General Patton
2014-08-18, 08:59 PM
I think he wants you to roll Spellcraft a few times, though you did pre-roll that. Also, totally calling Sepia Snake Sigil. We were all thinking it.

Aegis013
2014-08-18, 09:19 PM
The other books are not trapped, nor do they have magic auras, so Kasha takes them.

The only reason I don't just tell you exactly what they are is that Spellcraft says the check requires you be able to see or detect the effects of the spells in question to identify them. Which, rethinking that, the Illusion is actually apparent due to the Will Save (even if Kasha might not consciously be aware of the save). It is a Nystul's Magic Aura. A spell used to hide other magical auras within its glamor. You know, especially in the case of spellbooks, this spell is often used to hide other glyphs and wards intended to protect the spellbook or harm intruders.

Since you're not in the game quite yet, I'll let you know you called it. The Conjuration effect is a Sepia's Snake Sigil.

Silver Night
2014-08-18, 10:13 PM
Kasha

"Perhaps if someone might use the Hand of the Mage that Heracles had to pick up that spellbook from a safe distance, we could take it with us. I fell as though it shouldn't be left lying around." Kasha studies the cocooned fellow, "Of course, we may want to come back tomorrow and see what is happening to our entombed friend here (and if he knows anything useful), but unfortunately I don't have the resources today to strip off the power holding him."

She takes a moment to study the tapestries, and sighs, "I do wish we could take these with us, but that doesn't seem entirely practical."

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-19, 09:19 AM
Combat over, Wraith takes a minute to steady himself before inspecting the corpse of his nearby, short term ally. Seeing Kasha move on to inspecting books and Trasil clearly being heavily invested in his own sword, he takes both the glaive and lance, putting them into his Haversack. Closer inspection of the knight reveals a very useful item, a Heartseeking amulet, one he puts on with a grim smile.

Upon inspecting the tapestries and learning of Vrakmul's possible, Wraith begins to realize that this is far more than just a dying man's whim and that the kingdom is in dire straits. Nodding to himself, Wraith walks back to Hercules' corpse and hides it under the tattered remains of skeletons. He then moves back to the lab and with several well placed sword strikes, removes both tapestries, bunching one up before rolling it in the other. The end result looks like someone wrapped an overlarge person inside a rug. Should prove more than enough to fool the kings guard.

Silver Night
2014-08-19, 11:12 AM
Kasha

"We can scrape the cocoon off the person in the sarcophagus. Perhaps he can tell us more of what is going on. Just be careful of the substance, it can be dangerous, and once we start we will want to get it off of him quickly."

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-19, 11:29 AM
Leaving his large bundle aside, Wraith starts to tear off the substance.

Mousedigits
2014-08-19, 04:18 PM
While the others are doing that, Trasil speaks. "Well, guys, I'm all for a drink." He holds up one of the potions we found, and drinks. "Anyone else?" he asks as he downs another.

[roll0] healing.

Aegis013
2014-08-19, 05:56 PM
Wraith quickly separates the substance from the imprisoned figure inside.

[roll0] on a 4, the quintessence coalesces into a 1 inch diameter bead which can be taken as loot. On a 1-3, it evaporates into the time stream.

The figure inside gasps to life.

General Patton
2014-08-19, 06:40 PM
As he catches his breath, the figure scrutinizes the ragtag group before him, and his panicked expression changes to something more closely resembling ease. "You couldn't be employed by him, freeing me in such an injured state. He'd never take the chance. He had me dead to rights and could've done anything to me without risk. No, something went awry with his plan, and you stumbled onto me afterward." His eyes start glowing (Detect Psionics) and he glances first at the evaporating quintessence, and then around the rest of the room as he starts methodically pacing around the room examining it. He calls out everything he finds.

Knowledge(Psionics) [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
Spellcraft [roll2]
Spellcraft [roll3]
Spellcraft [roll4]
Spellcraft [roll5]
Spellcraft [roll6]
Will Save [roll7]
Take 20 on Search. 39, +2 for secret doors and hidden compartments

If he recognizes the quintessence, then he stops for a second, chokes back a few sobs, and continues on regardless.

"Sahael Ururyn, psychic healer, tactical genius and transforming fear-monger, at your service. Now, to whom do I owe the rescue?"

Walking up to Trasil, he stretches out a hand towards his injuries, and hesitates a moment. "Oh, that looks terrible. May I?"

If yes, then Sahael touches Trasil and grimaces as the injuries fade, while he acquires bruises in similar places on his own body.

3 Uses of Transfer Wounds
Trasil is healed for up to [roll8] and Sahael takes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

General Patton
2014-08-19, 06:45 PM
Let's try that again.
Knowledge(Psionics) [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
Spellcraft [roll2]
Spellcraft [roll3]
Spellcraft [roll4]
Spellcraft [roll5]
Spellcraft [roll6]
Will Save [roll7]
Healing [roll8]

Silver Night
2014-08-19, 11:59 PM
Kasha

"I am Kasha of the Far Horizon. I'm not sure to whom you refer, but we are here at the behest of the King, investigating the tombs. It seems we found something. What brought you here?"

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-20, 12:00 AM
Great. We trade in the man mountain for a half-crazed psychic. Sighing, Wraith shakes his head. "Kasha, as soon as you've grabbed anything you want, we should take the time lost psychic and get out of here. This isn't the best place to be holding a conversation and we need to plan out next move, as well as recharge. I wouldn't be surprised if those soldiers decided to come charging in any moment, looking to seize whatever information they could about the Potentia."

"Sahael, you've woken up into a none too pleasant situation. There's a dying king who's offered this entire kingdom to whomever holds some magic weapon thing and if the circumstances around your awakening get out, people with deep pockets and no moral compass will do anything to find out what you know. This is probably very confusing and you must have been in that gunk for ages, but hold it together long enough to get past those guards and I'll buy ya enough Dragon Punch whiskey to kill a troll. Time heals all wounds, but alcohol sure as hell speeds up the process."

General Patton
2014-08-20, 01:00 AM
"I was pursuing a psychic seer, trying to get answers. He divined something about me 70 years before I was frozen, something that was apparently worth fleeing into the desert without supplies, and leaving me to die out there when I followed. I should have known that he would spend those decades preparing traps for me. Speaking of, that book doesn't seem to be trapped, but then, the most dangerous traps never do. One of my personal mantras. Never trust strange books you find lying around. That one is second only to 'Always burn the webs'" Sahael chuckles to himself as if remembering some in-joke that was only humorous in hindsight.

Knowledge(History) on Potentia [roll0]

"Thanks, o masked one. Allow me to repay the kindness by healing that dreadful numbness. I'd assume no one who chooses to fight in that gear would naturally be so slow. However, most of my power has to be channeled through a special telepathic bond called the collective. It will allow me to heal, protect, and strengthen you, and it will allow us to communicate with each other telepathically. That is, as long as you stay within about a couple hundred feet of me. Do you accept the bond?"

Everyone feels a warm friendly presence brush against their mind, as if knocking on the door and waiting for an answer.

If accepted by Nate, then Sahael manifests Cleanse Body at most 9 times, stopping when Nate gets to at least 23 Dex.
[roll1]

Sahael starts to get a little more teary-eyed. "I can't believe my family is gone. Tell me, how many centuries has it been since the passing of..." Sahael gives the name and title of the current king "... if he is even still remembered in this era."

General Patton
2014-08-20, 01:02 AM
Nathaniel is healed for 21 points of Dex damage, while Sahael expends 45 power points over the course of nearly a minute.

Silver Night
2014-08-20, 01:42 AM
Kasha

"I do not believe you have been... away as long as you fear. He still rules, though he is in ill health. Let us get out of this tomb, and then we will see about psychic connections." Kasha has everything she needs, and if no one objects she will take Heracles's Cloak of Resistance as well. "I am not terribly familiar with psionics. And what is it you transform into?"

General Patton
2014-08-20, 02:18 AM
"Oh thank all the gods in the Upper Planes!"
Sahael is clearly overjoyed.

"It is quite imperative we form the bond before we are next in danger, and private telepathy is rather useful when conversing with those who may not be entirely trustworthy. For the record, that would be almost everyone. As for my transformation, you're looking at most of it. I adapt my form to suit the situation, but wings and scorpion tail are my preferred shape. I do have one little surprise though. I can concentrate the power of fear itself into monstrous claws and teeth. It does take an hour of meditation to prepare it though, so I must use it sparingly."

Sahael reaches into his Haversack and pulls out 16 filter masks, putting one of them on.
"Would anyone care for some filter masks? You can each have enough to last 20 hours, then they'll need to be washed. You've no idea how many people I've lost to sandstorms or poison gas." Sahael's voice takes a more regretful tone.

Silver Night
2014-08-20, 02:33 AM
Kasha

"Aye. Sandstorms can be hellish." She accepts the masks, but still holds off on the psychic connection, "You will forgive me if I am a bit cautious about connecting my mind to that of someone we just found suspended in a tomb. I don't see any traps, precisely, on the book - but it does have several Evocation auras attached to it and I'm not inclined to find out it is covered in explosive magics the hard way. If someone would lift it from a distance, that should be safe enough. I hope."

General Patton
2014-08-20, 02:50 AM
"Right, right. Due caution and all that. I mean, I can't actually prove beforehand that people are free to leave at a moment's whim. So, there is indeed an illusion hiding some other spells? I'll take another look."

This time, Sahael relies on his Clairsentient Talent trait to scan the auras without manifesting Detect Psionics, standing at about arm's reach from the grimoire. He explicitly avoids looking at anything that could be text or a symbol.
Will Save [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
Spellcraft [roll2]
Spellcraft [roll3]
Spellcraft [roll4]
Spellcraft [roll5]
Spellcraft [roll6]

General Patton
2014-08-20, 03:20 AM
Forgot to mention Sahael's active energy type is currently fire. He currently receives 10 energy resistance to his active energy type. Just declaring it ahead of time, in case explosions happen.

Aegis013
2014-08-20, 03:43 AM
As the room is searched, a lever hidden within one of the sarcophagi is found. Possibly the trigger to reveal the escape route used by whoever abandoned this laboratory.

You know the same thing previously typed out for Kasha, most of the information is lost. It's supposed to be a powerful weapon, so powerful it was the only weapon capable of harming the super dragon called Tyrannus which once wrest control of the worlds from the gods.

Flinn_Furious
2014-08-20, 01:16 PM
After carefully thinking a few moments, Wraith will agree to join the collective. The idea that someone would place an enemy agent into such a prison just as some ridiculous trap seems incredibly paranoid and a waste of resources. A magical explosion would be far more effective and less elaborate.

Silver Night
2014-08-20, 01:27 PM
Kasha

Kasha's thinking is more along the lines that the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend, so she reserves judgement for the time being about this particular enemy of their enemy. "Shall we head back before they give up on us and seal the entrance?"

General Patton
2014-08-20, 05:07 PM
Wraith feels a voice in his mind. "Welcome friend. What name shall I call you by?" Wraith's numbness starts to fade as sparkly lights spontaneously appear and suffuse into him.

"Yes, I believe we should get out of here and recuperate. Though what shall we tell the guards? And what of those tapestries you have there?"

Sahael unrolls the bundle, examines them.

Knowledge (History) [roll0] for knowing about the events depicted.

Sahael attempts to roll each tapestry separately into the tightest space possible and shove them into his Haversack.

If he fails, he frustratedly blurts out "Gah, it's like trying to sleep with a halfling!".

Approaching the lever, he draws out a piece of Finder's Chalk and puts a layer of the red dust across the whole lever, gently testing how much the residue is disturbed by one finger. The dust starts fading to near invisibility. (By RAW, DC 40 Search to notice, perhaps more since the whole lever is uniformly the same color)

"At least now we'll know if someone uses this thing."

He also pulls out a pouch of flour and starts distributing it across the floor, from wall to wall, thin enough to hopefully blend in with the dust yet still reveal footprints or sudden drafts, working backwards towards the entrance, waiting for the others to get out of the way.

"Hopefully we'll know if the guards were snooping, or something tried to come back through the secret passage."

Assuming Spellcraft doesn't reveal such actions to be either dangerous or unnecessary, Sahael picks up the Hand of the Mage. "Ooh, I've always wanted one of these!" He uses it to put the grimoire into the empty flour pouch and carry it aloft as far from the group as it will reach.

"Now, what was that about insane forms of government? Surely the king wouldn't entrust the responsibility of ruling a country to whoever is best at murdering their way to the ultimate weapon? The qualifications aren't even remotely similar."

Aegis013
2014-08-20, 06:23 PM
I'm not familiar with Finder's chalk, give me a brief description of what it does, or a link, and I'll let you know what you find.

As far as insane governments, everybody with ranks in knowledge local knows that there is only a weak peace with your Eastern neighboring country Bellicus. Once the present king passes on, it's expected that Bellicus will attempt to attack and conquer your country, seeing that it will temporarily be in some disarray being left with no leader.

It's also fairly common practice that people from adventuring background become respected military officers, due to their finely honed talents in tactical and strategic combat (you have those skills [or the most insanely excellent luck ever] or you die). So if the present king is looking for someone to crown to ensure the safety of the nation, someone capable of pulling this off should be qualified.

Hopefully that makes it a little more sensible.

The tapestries, when rolled up tightly, fit into the haversack. They could be sold for a decent sum (about 3,000gp altogether), though anybody who knew their origins would not purchase them, as they are now stolen from the royal tomb.

The flour spread reveals footprints, largely disturbed by the own group's movements, but clearly shows someone walking from the lever switch, apparently through a wall behind one of the tapestries.

General Patton
2014-08-20, 06:40 PM
Dungeonscape page 30
Marks made by this red chalk fade from casual view after 1 minute, allowing you to mark dungeon surfaces secretly. The chalk lets you keep track of what areas you have and have not visited without alerting wandering creatures to your presence. To detect a simple mark, such as a line or an X, make a successful DC 25 Search check. To detect more complex marks, make a successful DC 40 Search check. A finder's glass (see below) improves your ability to detect the chalk marks. True seeing (PH 296) lets you detect the marks without making a Search check.
One piece of finder's chalk covers a 10-foot-square wall with marks.
A finder's glass is a 3-inch diameter circular disc of red glass set in a copper frame. It can be held in front of your eye or inserted over the aperture of a standard bullseye lantern, causing it to emit dim red light. When you look through a finder's glass, you gain a +30 alchemical bonus on your Search checks to find or read marks made by finder's chalk. If the glass is used in conjunction with a lantern, all creatures in the area of bright illumination gain a +20 alchemical bonus on their Search checks to find or read such marks.
The chalk is meant to reveal if someone pulls on the lever while we're resting, while only seeming like a regular layer of dust. The flour was also meant to reveal things after we got back, though if it reveals pre-existing footprints during deployment, then I won't complain. :smallsmile:

Aegis013
2014-08-20, 07:34 PM
I forgot to mention it really in the previous search, since honestly, I'm just making most of this up as I go, occasionally I forget to include all of the details (my apologies on that front). The heavy dust down here was disturbed, spreading the flour around, you ran into that. Since I believe I forgot to mention it as well, your search for secret passages would've revealed a near perfectly sculpted hidden passage here in the wall. So clearly, someone passed through there some time ago. Quite possibly an emergency escape tunnel intended for use by the royal family.

General Patton
2014-08-20, 07:46 PM
That Search check was actually for anything interesting or out of the ordinary. The synergy bonus from Architecture and Engineering is just for a really specific purpose. That reminds me.

Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) [roll0]

Aegis013
2014-08-20, 09:19 PM
Sahael sees that the tomb is crafted of large hewn stone. The stones are enormous, much larger than what would be used in mundane construction. He's able to deduce that the crypt was likely constructed using the aid of magic. Based on the wear, it's clearly a fairly new structure, built sometime within the last two centuries likely. Probably as part of the ground work for the keep from where the king reigns.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about the structure, feel free to ask.

General Patton
2014-08-20, 09:28 PM
Likelihood that a 1 inch deep, 1 inch diameter hole would reach the other side of the secret door and/or damage the opening mechanism?

Silver Night
2014-08-20, 09:34 PM
Kasha

Kasha heads back, though she is (as always) careful not to stray too far from the group.