PDA

View Full Version : Inheritance

MediaMoogle
2014-07-25, 03:18 AM
So my character is going to die. I have someone who will be starting in a few sessions that I want the items to go to. RP wise there isn't a problem because they know he is coming (riding across the continent to assist us). Problem is people have been prematurely dividing up my stuff. Is there a means to seal items in game so that they can only go to a specific person?

Samalpetey
2014-07-25, 05:20 AM
Easiest way is to have your character write a will. Might be a bit late for that now though

prufock
2014-07-25, 06:23 AM
Easiest way is to have your character write a will.
Have an inevitable (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/inevitable.htm#kolyarut) act as your notary public!

Just agree with the DM that you had already had this will in place.

Khedrac
2014-07-25, 06:27 AM
Also ask the DM the laws of the place where the character is say. In Middle Ages England the law said that the deceased property belonged to the owner of the house in which he died!

Werephilosopher
2014-07-25, 04:49 PM
What alignment are your party members? If they're Good, ask them to just keep your stuff until your new character shows up. If they refuse, point out that refusing a dead friend's last request isn't very Good. If they persist, also point out that they're kind of being !ssholes ooc for divying up your stuff before you've even died.