PDA

View Full Version : hey guys guess what... guess what!!!! it is back! they did it!0

CyberThread
2014-07-25, 09:36 AM
The gnome is a core player race again! They listen to us, they brought it back !

Now, I know they truly listened to us and I can play 5e without fear!

pwykersotz
2014-07-25, 10:09 AM
The gnome is a core player race again! They listen to us, they brought it back !

Now, I know they truly listened to us and I can play 5e without fear!

Huh, I wasn't aware there was a significant fear they wouldn't.

Still, you seem excited about it, I'm happy for you. :smallsmile:

Human Paragon 3
2014-07-25, 10:10 AM
Usa! Usa! Usa!

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-07-25, 10:18 AM
What they should have done is not have it listed in the appendix or whatever but have a few pages of gnome in there.

People would flip before the PHB came out and we would have gotten a ton of YouTube videos making fun of the gnome

Yet there it is :p

Would have been a nice prank.

Millennium
2014-07-25, 10:41 AM
Oh, man, and here I was hoping you'd be talking about THAC0. :smallbiggrin:

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-07-25, 10:50 AM
Oh, man, and here I was hoping you'd be talking about THAC0. :smallbiggrin:

Technically THAC0 never left D&D, AC and AAC (base system since 3.0) are backwards systems.

:smalltongue:

wolfstone
2014-07-25, 01:15 PM
I only hope they keep Tieflings as a playable race, as well as Satyrs. Those are my two favorite races, not counting Shifters (esp. Longtooth).

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-07-25, 01:23 PM
I only hope they keep Tieflings as a playable race, as well as Satyrs. Those are my two favorite races, not counting Shifters (esp. Longtooth).

Well Tiefling were confirmed a couple weeks back and the PHB preview doesn't show the others but may be in later books.

CyberThread
2014-07-25, 05:27 PM
I haven't really seen any LA yet, I wonder how they will handle monsterous races

pwykersotz
2014-07-25, 05:37 PM
I haven't really seen any LA yet, I wonder how they will handle monsterous races

Yeah, I hope LA has died in a fire.

wolfstone
2014-07-25, 05:49 PM
Any word yet on Warforged, (the Elemental humans - I forget the name of their race) or Drow as playable races? I haven't gotten the chance to do very much research on D&DN yet.

Tholomyes
2014-07-25, 06:01 PM
Any word yet on Warforged, (the Elemental humans - I forget the name of their race) or Drow as playable races? I haven't gotten the chance to do very much research on D&DN yet.Drow will be in PHB as an elf subrace, I believe, Warforged will be in the DMG, and no word on the Genasi, though I suspect they might come out in a later sourcebook.

My hope is that LA is gone for good, and monster races are pared down to the power level of PC races at the start, and they might have Racial Feats which make them closer to their MM kin.

rlc
2014-07-25, 06:06 PM
Any word yet on Warforged, (the Elemental humans - I forget the name of their race) or Drow as playable races? I haven't gotten the chance to do very much research on D&DN yet.

i think you mean genasi? no on that one, but yes on the other two, with drow as an elven subrace (so they get the meditation thing and the +2 dexterity, as well as whatever they get for their subrace). i don't think we know anything about what the warforged are getting.

Merc_Kilsek
2014-07-25, 06:15 PM
Warforged are in the DMG. It was asked and answered on Twitch if I recall correctly.

Drow have a +1 CHA, better darkvision range, some bonus spells, and still have the weakness to light (which is a major penalty unless they change it).

Sunlight Sensitivity: While in sunlight, you have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) and Intelligence (Investigation) checks that rely on sight.

CyberThread
2014-07-25, 06:50 PM
I think they are saving some goodies for the setting specific books, you won't see gensai proably until forgotten realms setting book comes out.

Psyren
2014-07-30, 08:39 AM
Also Kender! Yay Kender!

wolfstone
2014-07-30, 09:06 AM
I hope they keep Satyr as a playable race. Love the idea of a satyr bard as they (from a mythological standpoint) are an ideal for bards (though I have a satyr rogue and a satyr long-range ranger with a crossbow too).

SCAL37
2014-07-30, 09:34 AM
I just want them to bring back aasimars. Gith would also be nice.