PDA

View Full Version : Paizo Publishing sends heartwarming message to transgender fan

Libertad
2014-07-25, 04:11 PM
I saw this floating around on a few Twitter accounts, and felt like sharing it here.

A Pathfinder fan recently came out as transgender and struggled through the regular issues. Wesley Schneider of Paizo sent her a message, asking if they could help make a hard time easier. (http://distractedelf.tumblr.com/post/92643929137/paizo-youre-just-the-best)

Wesley Schneider's response. (http://wesschneider.tumblr.com/post/92691225131/paizo-youre-just-the-best)

Dalebert
2014-07-25, 05:31 PM
Awesome. I reposted that on a trans forum that I frequent.

Shinken
2014-07-25, 05:56 PM
Wow, that was great! :smallsmile:

Frosty
2014-07-25, 06:42 PM
Paizo has always had my support and it will continue to have my support!

molten_dragon
2014-07-25, 06:43 PM
Almost makes me want to come out as transgender to get some free stuff.

kardar233
2014-07-25, 06:45 PM
I often disagree with Paizo on their handling of Pathfinder, but this is really sweet. Awww.

CyberThread
2014-07-25, 06:49 PM
Almost makes me want to come out as transgender to get some free stuff.

Has to be the cheapest and trashiest comment, I have seen on 3.5 forum in awhile :). Congrats

Snowbluff
2014-07-25, 07:04 PM
3.5 forum in awhile :).

Mazel tov.

Wait, this is the 3.5 forum? I thought this sort of thing goes under fun stuff. :smallconfused:

137beth
2014-07-25, 07:08 PM
I often disagree with Paizo on their handling of Pathfinder, but this is really sweet. Awww.

This. I disagree with a huge portion of the decisions they have made about the mechanics of their game, and how their campaign setting works, and how the fluff of their campaign setting leaks into the main books...
but I like this.

GameSpawn
2014-07-25, 07:59 PM
:smallsmile:

That's very nice of them. D&D/PF is a pretty great way to explore gender already, and it's nice to see them being supportive.

Snowbluff
2014-07-25, 08:03 PM
This. I disagree with a huge portion of the decisions they have made about the mechanics of their game, and how their campaign setting works, and how the fluff of their campaign setting leaks into the main books...
but I like this.

I concur. If we complain about PF, the thread won't need to be moved.:smalltongue:

Phelix-Mu
2014-07-25, 08:25 PM
:smallsmile:

That's very nice of them. D&D/PF is a pretty great way to explore gender already, and it's nice to see them being supportive.

Ditto here. As a sensitive and empathetic person in a culture that maybe doesn't always value such, role play has been a great outlet for me to explore both gender and traditional gender role issues in a safe and creative atmosphere that is removed enough from reality for me to feel comfortable well-outside my irl comfort zone. Additionally, the creatively-minded group of friends that have formed around the game in our group have proven to be the kind of open-minded people that one can engage in such explorations around, and such friends can have a value far beyond the entertainment possibilities. Positive socialization for the win!

I wholeheartedly support any official recognition of the difficulties that anyone faces irl for a whole host of issues, and more of the Big Boat concept of the role playing community (away with the male nerd stereotypes, please and thank you). Imagination is a tool for self-empowerment, and the industry should promote this aspect a bit more than they do, in my opinion.

Shinken
2014-07-25, 09:25 PM
Has to be the cheapest and trashiest comment, I have seen on 3.5 forum in awhile :). Congrats
Agreed.

Sad to see that Paizo hate has already seeped into such a positive thread, tho.

Dimers
2014-07-25, 10:46 PM
In addition to being a (probably) genuine gesture of kindness desperately needed in the world today, it's also great PR of the sort a marketer should aspire to. It cost them only one set of sunk-cost books and a little time, but it might net them another hundred players when people hear that Paizo cares about players as people. When people hear that the game system includes something for everyone. When people see good art and evocative writing on a friend's webpage.

CyberThread
2014-07-25, 11:10 PM
Mazel tov.

sed:

missed me?

Temotei
2014-07-25, 11:20 PM
This is pretty great. I'm happy to see support for her.

Psyren
2014-07-31, 04:22 PM
Bump to add - the iconic Shaman (Shardra Geltl) is being previewed today and she appears to be a transgender Dwarf. (http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgcn)

Larkas
2014-07-31, 05:10 PM
Now THAT is awesome!

Chronos
2014-07-31, 05:28 PM
Huh, how about that, you treat your customers well, and they'll treat you well. Who'da thunk?

Brookshw
2014-07-31, 06:00 PM
missed me?

sure, why not.

That's nice of them, they seem to have a lot of heart and it gladdens me (is that a word? Whatever). Also guess I'll mention 5e is also opening its arms.

Jaycemonde
2014-08-01, 02:16 AM

Yeah, I've seen quite a few insensitive ***** here and there, but I think this guy takes the ****ing cake.

Glad to see the actual original post, though. It gives me a tiny bit of hope for the world.