PDA

View Full Version : Sugestions on how to kill/turn/banish a bunch of liches

relytdan
2014-07-25, 06:00 PM
ok as stated I am looking for the absolute fast ( round by round ) options to kill 8 - yes Eight Liches and 1 greater lich lord type - all controlled by a CR 20+ necromancer who is not in combat nor is in LOS or LOE.

What to bring spell wise for killing the Liches -
A arcane / divine type -
Arcane as like sorcerer: 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 3
Divine as like cleric: 6 5+1 5+1 5+1 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 1+1
plus Turn Undead: Turning Check 60ft = 22+ always, Turning Check result 22 or higher = damaged convereted to destroyed

relytdan
2014-07-26, 04:10 PM
guess I was wrong to think the playground had any good ideas - 40 views 0 sugestions - thanks guys

Werephilosopher
2014-07-26, 09:03 PM
If you have access to 9th-level spells, why not just wish the leader into a dead magic zone, then pelt them with instantaneous conjurations?

Hecuba
2014-07-26, 09:13 PM
What level spells do the liches have?

You have some dignificant action economy problems here: are the sorceror & cleric the only characters? If so you have a, 4:1 turn differential problem, which likely means you either need to we in initative and kill them before they act or be immune to their offensive options.

Ganorenas
2014-07-26, 10:08 PM
Making sure I understand this:

You are attempting to slay:
8 Liches
1 "Greater Lich Lord"

You have:
1 17th level cleric
1 sorcerer

Do you have approximate HD for the Liches and Great Lich?

It seems that you want to turn them, so if they have 21HD or less, try and turn them to dust. If you know they have 21HD or more, don't waste the action(s).

Spells that come to mind would be the usual clericzilla melee buffs to smash them with disrupting (pitiful Dc, but if they can't Reroll or ignore a natural 1) bludgeoning weapons, while smacking them hard enough to kill (bunch of d12 HD without a modifier should be fairly low at this level).

Doesn't matter to much how the fight goes, you'll need to take out their phylacteries (probably spelled it in correctly, my bad). Focus on leaving the fight (if you can) and find those. Then smash them.

Safe assumptions:
No epic magic from either party

You want help defeating the Lich party, not nailing their boss

ArqArturo
2014-07-26, 10:10 PM
My suggestion (http://youtu.be/geHLdg_VNww?t=1m9s).

Ganorenas
2014-07-26, 10:15 PM
I second ArqArturo, come back with an army of (Greater) Planar Allies

If you have to duke it out, you are likely hosed.

More questions:
Can you fiddle with the cleric and sorcerer's builds?
Mailman and initiate of Mystra could probably come out on top

White Blade
2014-07-26, 10:47 PM
Anti magic field if the Necromancer is using Command Undead or the equivalent to control them. It MIGHT also work if the control is due to Create Undead or Rebuking. But probably not. Still, worth a shot. If it works, cut a deal with them to get them free.

If you want out fast, you have to free nine unspeakably evil and powerful characters. But I assume that they would want free of involuntary slavery.

Edit: Definitely effects Rebuked controlled undead.