PDA

View Full Version : Character build brainstorm

firebrandtoluc
2014-07-25, 07:51 PM
I am trying to brainstorm some ideas for a character. The goal would be to be capable of doing just about every mundane thing. Rage, track, trapfind, evasion, fast movement, combat front-liner, tons of skills, etc. Ideally without using magic, in as few levels as possible, and without it looking like someone threw up a scrabble set on the class section of my character sheet.

The fluff i am trying to meet is a character that was sacrificed, piece by piece over the course of weeks, to a god of destruction but escaped before they finished the job. The toughness, speed, and endurance of the character is a side effect of the rituals the priests used to prolong the torture. The favored enemy/rage abilities would represent the intense hatred towards clerics. The skills were developed to seek justice and survive in a world that often mistakes them for a zombie. Formerly exalted level lawful good, they are now fallen to chaotic good, believing that rules/elected officials are too easy to abuse and twist to evil.

I am probably trying to fit too much into one package but I'm interested to see how much can be stuffed into this. System is 3.5 and most things are allowed or approval as long as the cheese isn't moon sized.

Red Fel
2014-07-25, 08:10 PM
The PrC you're looking for is the Chameleon, from Races of Destiny. You can switch out your class focus from one day to the next. Be a spellcaster? A weaponmaster? A sneak? Good with animals? Swap it out. Want to gain Evasion? Rage? Smite? You can have that.

It's a class that stuffs a lot of features into a single package. And it's straightforward enough to get into that you can precede it with levels of Ranger (for Favored Enemy) or Barbarian (for Rage) or both, or neither, as you like.

EDIT: Alternatively, you want the Champion of Gwynharwyf, from Book of Exalted Deeds. It's basically a Barbarian Paladin. CG, rage, some spellcasting, big beefcake. Can fit easily onto a Ranger chassis as well.

PraxisVetli
2014-07-25, 08:14 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met Factotem?

Red Fel
2014-07-25, 08:25 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met Factotem?

Ironically, this might be one of the few times Factotum is not ideal. The OP asked for some pretty specific class features, and Factotum can't replicate those (e.g. Favored Enemy, Rage, etc.)

Factotum is an amazing all-in-one class; it's got good BAB progression, and a variety of useful class features, including arcane casting and Turn Undead, extra actions taken during a turn, and Int to basically everything. But Rage and/or Favored Enemy are tricks this pony can't perform.

Vhaidara
2014-07-25, 08:29 PM
Ironically, this might be one of the few times Factotum is not ideal. The OP asked for some pretty specific class features, and Factotum can't replicate those (e.g. Favored Enemy, Rage, etc.)

Factotum is an amazing all-in-one class; it's got good BAB progression, and a variety of useful class features, including arcane casting and Turn Undead, extra actions taken during a turn, and Int to basically everything. But Rage and/or Favored Enemy are tricks this pony can't perform.

Well, not until level 19, when you get to jack class features from whoever you want.