PDA

View Full Version : The Fey Gestalt, Completely OP Game IC.

zingbobco000
2014-07-26, 07:52 AM
The seelies and the unseelies have been at war for hundreds of thousands of generations (and don't forget, they are fey). But everything changed when the fire nation giants (and to a lesser extent orcs) attacked. The had been enemies for some time but they eventually declared war on both courts. Both courts, having war declared upon them made an unlikely (and disliked ) alliance. They called on allies far and wide to join them in the war. The problem was, these allies had a loyalty to only one court, and didn't listen to the plans of the other. It eventually became very problematic until the allies called on by the courts began fighting with each other instead of the enemy and giants, (not caring about their petty troubles) just utterly destroyed them. So, in response to this miscalculation a group was formed of which it contained an equal number of fey from both courts. The name of this group was "The Union." You, great, and famous heroes of both courts have formed a party at the request of the union. You are an elite strike force, whose goal is to stop key parts of the giants war production, training, supply, and some key bases themselves. This war is so great, that even some members of non-giant and non-fey races have joined in the conflict (dragons, orcs, humans [whenever there's a fight why do they seem to be in it?], etc...). The war is at it's climax, and will hopefully die down soon, but for now... It rages on...

Now the unseelies send you on a mission of diplomacy (which is kinda wierd but dire times call for dire animals measures)... You must find the human city of Elken and negotiate with it to make it join your side of the war before the giants either destroy them or [B]somehow create an alliance between them. This is only supposed to be a diplomatic mission, but the council knows that if the enemy appears they have to be dealt with... Which is why they chose you!

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 09:35 AM
Rose had been tending her garden, high in the mountains, as she usually did, making sure that all the flowers were happy, and so were the trees, birds, and everything else in the small valley. The stream burbled happily as it flowed down the mountain, and she hadn't had any visitors in a while, which was sad, but her garden was happy, so it was ok. Everything was fine in her world, and she was quite happy, although she was starting to feel a bit abandoned, so she was considering going out to see the world once more. It had been really, really fun the first time, and there was bound to be all sorts of fun new things she could find!
Fortunately for her, a messenger arrived, one that, alas, didn't want to see her garden(A truly terrible thing), as he felt that he didn't have enough time to spare. The fey council needed her help, and all she had to do was be nice! It was just the thing she was looking for, and after asking Sivath to look after her garden while she was away, she set out immediately(After, of course, saying goodbye to the Bluebells, and her flowers, and the rabbits, and elk, and everyone else), only getting lost three times before reaching the meeting point. Somehow. Seeing that she was the first one there, she immediately set about planting some flowers, so everyone would be happier.

Illven
2014-07-26, 02:17 PM
Mia would have refused the calling. Really should have refused it. The fey did nothing to save her, and now needed her help to save themselves. It would be karmic to refuse.

But her human friends were allied with the fey, and she did owe them. And Sir William himself had asked her to help the fey, and he had been in the vanguard of the group of paladins that had saved her.

And so she went. Her first interaction with fey for years. She was second to the meeting place, and saw a tiny little fey, planting flowers.

What are you doing? Mia asked disdainfully.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 02:27 PM
When the voice sounds from nowhere, Rose jumps, and rapidly flies around a nearby tree, quite clearly startled. Soon enough, you spot her head peering around the tree, rapidly followed by the rest of her. Smiling cheerfully, Rose flies up to Mia.
"Hi! I'm Rose! I haven't met you before, and you startled me! I was planting flowers so everyone could be happy when they got here! You like them, don't you?"
Rose seems to pause for a moment, looking at Mia hopefully.

Illven
2014-07-26, 02:38 PM
Mia just taps her left foot impatiently as Rose hides. Crossing her arms, she raises a eyebrow.

Proper protocol would be a exchanging of handshakes now, but I worry I would crush yours. She states with a smirk.

Regardless my name is Mia. She states looking at the flowers she continues And the flowers are nice, I suppose.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 03:03 PM
"Handshakes? But those are silly! Hugs are much better!"
True to her words, she flies up, and hugs Mia on the face. It is rather... odd. Then she flies back a bit, still smiling cheerfully.(About three inches back)
"See? Much more fun! And it's nice to meet you, Mia! You should come and see my garden! There are lots of flowers, and they're really happy, and really nice! It's really nice there! Everyone always loves it! But I don't leave much, which is sad. But you're from somewhere else! What's it like there!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 03:50 PM
Mia sputters as Rose hugs her face, as Rose stops, she'd see Mia blush.

Umm. Forgive me, I'm not used to that much affection. She says rubbing the back of her head.

She chuckles at Rose's questions.

Where I'm from, things are much more practical, their are very few flowers.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 03:54 PM
When Mia explains that there are very few flowers, Rose looks horrified.
"Not many flowers? How could anyone live like that? Flowers are really nice!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 04:15 PM
Mia chuckles.

Flowers take up space, and aren't effective fortification.When your life depends on it, you learn to live without flowers. She admits.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 04:20 PM
Rose continues to look horrified. Prioritizing defense over beauty seems to be alien to her.
"But... if you have flowers, no one wants to hurt you! They just want to look at the flowers!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 04:41 PM
That's not how the drow act. Mia replied with a bit of a glare.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 04:43 PM
Rose looks like she thinks for a moment, before answering.
"Drow? Aren't they the elves that live underground? Elves always love flowers! Don't they have any? Maybe we could being them some!"
Rose's voice is full of conviction.

Illven
2014-07-26, 05:11 PM
That.... won't work. Mia says shaking her head

Drow, tend to dislike flowers. She explains.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 05:15 PM
Rose looks at her, looking confused.
"But... they're elves! Elves always love flowers and moonlight and dancing and singing!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 05:35 PM
You haven't met much drow have you. Mia remarked, sitting down on a nearby rock.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 05:39 PM
Rose follows Mia, continuing to hover at around the level of her face.
"No, but it'd be really fun! We could have a party, and there would be dancing and singing and flowers and fun!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 06:04 PM
Mia takes two fingers and pats Rose on the shoulder.

You.... should probably never interact with drow. She advises.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 06:07 PM
Rose looks quite sad to hear this, and her voice is similar to a child protesting a parents command.
"But I haven't met any Drow! They'll have amazing stories that I've never heard, and there will be new things to learn!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 06:30 PM
I could tell you those stories. Mia pointed out, raising a index finger.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 06:37 PM
Rose smiles, clearly very happy to hear that.
"Yay! I like stories! They're always fun! And amazing! And fun! Can you tell me one? Pleeaaase?"

Illven
2014-07-26, 07:05 PM
About the drow? Mia asked, patting her lap.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 07:18 PM
Rose lands on Mia's knee, looking eagerly up at her.
"Yay!"
She claps, smiling happily.

zingbobco000
2014-07-26, 07:31 PM
I am currently rolling on the floor laughing over this conversation... :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Illven
2014-07-26, 07:49 PM
Well the first thing to remember about the drow, is that the women have all the power in society. It's a very matriarchal society. The same is true of their clerics. Only women are accepted into their priesthood. Mia replied with a smile.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 07:51 PM
Rose smiles and nods.
"Of course! Men never do seem to understand life. They try, but it doesn't work as well. Poor things."
She seems to regret the male lack of understanding.

Illven
2014-07-26, 08:08 PM
Some of the people who saved me, were men. Mia replied with an amused look.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 08:14 PM
Rose looks at Mia oddly, and then shakes her head, trying to explain herself a bit better.
"They never seem to be as good with flowers. They just don't quite get it, and it's really sad! I try explaining, but they never really understand it. But they try! At least, the nice ones do!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 09:12 PM
Mia chuckles

I'd doubt I'd be any good with flowers. Never really practiced before. She replied with a hand wave.

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 09:26 PM
"Of course you will be! Come on! I'll show you!"
Distracted from the promise of a story, Rose leaps into the air once more, attempting to guide Mia to a spot on the ground, near the edge of the clearing.

"This is a good spot!"
She produces a rose from somewhere(Which is quite odd to see, as the plant is bigger than she is)
"All you need to do is plant her!"

Rose looks at Mia imploringly.
"Please?"

Illven
2014-07-26, 09:46 PM
Mia eventually relents, and follows Rose, as she pulls her her namesake.

Is it really me doing gardening, if you've conjured it already? She askes Rose

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 09:47 PM
Rose looks at Mia, horrified.
"I would never conjure a flower! They hate that! But of course it's gardening! You just need to give the poor rose a chance to shine!"

Illven
2014-07-26, 11:17 PM
"So what, just plant it in the sunlight, and I'm done? Mia asked, rubbing the back of her head in confusion?

Archmage1
2014-07-26, 11:21 PM
Rose nods, happy that Mia figured it out.
"Yes! This is a good spot, there's water, and sun, and nice earth! She'll do well here. But you know that already."

Illven
2014-07-27, 12:03 AM
Was kinda just a guess. Mia admits muttering to herself, as she attempts to plant the flower.

Archmage1
2014-07-27, 03:11 PM
Rose looks very, very happy as Mia plants the flower, first carefully digging a hole in the damp earth, before carefully placing the rose in the hole, and replacing the dirt. Once she finishes, the rose almost seems to sigh, and it blooms.
"See! She likes you! And she's a lovely rose, happy, and cheerful! You're good at this!"

Neely
2014-07-29, 12:35 PM
As a follower of Mielikki, and a devout member of her church with spellcasting abilities, it was only a matter of time before Detritus was sent to aid the growing war between fey and giants. As he traveled to the location where he would meet with the small adventuring party he would be aiding, he glanced next to him where the hawk that only he could see was flying alongside.
"I wonder if the halfing I was before hated giants like I'm told they do. It's fitting that I'm going up against my common race's enemy." The hawk nods.
Detritus finds himself in a garden, surrounded in flowers and he finds two fey there. One quite small, and the other slightly larger than him. He adjusts his gaucho hat, making sure the illusion place on it is keeping him looking like a normal halfling. He slows to a stop and takes the pipe out of his mouth to speak, as the mist that leaks from his body starts to gather around him.
"Planting flowers? I knew I'd be out of place among typical fey, but I didn't realize how much."

Archmage1
2014-07-29, 12:41 PM
Once more engrossed in her work, Rose doesn't notice the new stranger coming up, and, once more, she's startled by his appearance, although, this time, she darts behind Mia before looking at the newcomer, her head poking out from above Mia's shoulder, smiling cheerfully almost as soon as she sees him.
"Hi! Do you like them? I thought everyone'd be happier with flowers, so I was planting them, and then Mia came, and she helped too!"

Neely
2014-07-29, 12:48 PM
He smiles. "Flowers are nice while they're still alive. You look like you're good at keeping them that way." He drifts closer, he doesn't seem to be walking, but the trench coat he wears touches the ground.
"I am Detritus, The Unbound of Mielikki. It's a pleasure to meet you both. It seems as though we will be working together quite a bit for the next little while."

Archmage1
2014-07-29, 02:00 PM
Rose rises up a bit, and stands on Mia's shoulder, her butterfly like wings fanned out behind her(And tickling Mia's ear). She is, of course, smiling cheerfully.
"I'm Rose! It's nice to meet you, Detritus! But why did Mielikki bind you? Was it mean of her?"

Neely
2014-07-29, 02:07 PM
"Mielikki is the one who unbound me, my grammar is not excellent I'm sorry. I've only learned common recently, I'm far more proficient in sylvan. I was bound by a disease that stole my soul and my sanity. A miracle of her's saved me, so she was quite nice in fact."
He takes a puff of his pipe and looks down at the bed of roses.
"So Rose is good at tending roses?"

Archmage1
2014-07-29, 02:15 PM
[Sylvan]
"Sylvan? That's this one, right? It's a fun language! I just made it up, but everyone agrees with me! It's wonderful! And really fun! It must have been terrible to be sick! Everyone always says that it's sad, but I couldn't ever get sick, so I couldn't find out what it felt like."
She seems downcast as she says that she couldn't get sick.
"But it was really nice of her to help you! I don't tend roses, I just help them, and they're much happier with some help! I couldn't just leave them without any help, because that would be mean! But Sivath said that he'd look after my garden for me, so I came here, so I could help everyone be nice! But I'll be happy when I can go back home too. Maybe you could come some time, and say hello? Everyone always likes it!"
Rose seems quit emotional, and is quite animated as she talks, smiling, gesturing, and generally looking quite excited.

Illven
2014-07-29, 03:02 PM
Mia seems a bit nervous when Rose settles on her shoulder, and tickles her ear. Trying to put it out of her mind she extends a hand to Detritus

Hello, Detritus. My name is Mia. She states.

Archmage1
2014-07-29, 03:04 PM
Rose leans over, and whispers in Mia's ear.
"No, silly, say hello properly!"

Illven
2014-07-29, 03:23 PM
At the little shoulder devil's fey's urging, Mia instead grabbed Detritus's hand, and pulled him over and up into a awkward hug.

Archmage1
2014-07-29, 03:25 PM
Hopping out of the way, Rose smiles broadly once more.
"See? Isn't a hug a much nicer way to say hello? It's much more fun! But you should enjoy it, not be stiff!"

Man on Fire
2014-07-30, 05:43 PM
With amazing speed for her size, Rain flies towards the meeting point and group of other feys she sees there.
"M-my apologies for being late. I passed a beehive on my way and did some studying. Bees are so smart creatures, you know? I always wanted to test some theories with them and kinda I lost my sense of time." She says very quickly. She looks around and notices Rose, immiediatelly flying towards her and giving her a warm welcome hug.
Rose! How nice to see you again. You remember me, right? I've visited your garden once. I need to do this again, by the way, that place is really wonderfull.
She then turns towards the others [rolor="Purple""]"Hello everyone, I'm Rain, nice to meet you!"[/color] She flies to two strangers and gives each a nice hug, for her small size that is.

Archmage1
2014-07-30, 08:57 PM
Rose, distracted by the hugging advice, doesn't notice Rain until she's almost there, and she happily hugs the larger pixie.
"Rain! You're here! I haven't seen you in forever! It's wonderful! And of course you can come and visit! The flowers love it when other people admire them! They're always so much happier after someone visits, and I get to hear stories! Bees are fun too, and they're really good at finding flowers, but they have honey, and it's amazing! But they don't like to share much."
You get the sense that Rose really likes honey, as she is almost melancholy when she reveals that bees don't like sharing.

Illven
2014-07-30, 09:42 PM
Mia merely thinks to herself.

This group's going to be huggers isn't it. She mused.

Neely
2014-08-01, 01:58 PM
Detritus accepts his hugs with an awkward stiffness, leaving small wisps of mist on their clothing as they pull away. He was definitely out of place among the... cuter of his fey brethren. Though at least Mia looks vaguely as uncomfortable as himself. He takes a puff of his pipe to regain his composure.
"So, shall we set off to Elken? It seems as though this is our whole party."

Man on Fire, it's worthy of note that Mia and Detritus are about the same size, both small creatures. So it would be an exceptionally nice hug. :smallbiggrin:

Archmage1
2014-08-01, 02:02 PM
Just as Detritus thought he was done, Rose flies in, and hugs him as well, grinning cheerfully.
"Ok! We can tell stories as we go!"

Neely
2014-08-01, 02:54 PM
The foot-tall fairy hugs him and he smiles at first. It is like being hugged by a small halfling child. It makes him... hungry, mostly. He pulls away and ends the hug there, slightly disgusted with himself. He'd hoped the ring of sustenance would help with the cravings more than it does.
"Sounds good. I bet you have nicer stories than the rest of us, so how about you start Rose?"

Man on Fire
2014-08-01, 05:32 PM
Stories? Colossal grin shows on Rain's face. I love stories!

Archmage1
2014-08-01, 06:39 PM
Rose smiles happily.
"Ok! But we take turns, so everyone can tell their stories! Can I pick which way to go? We can take the scenic route, and see if there are any new flowers around!"

Illven
2014-08-01, 10:37 PM
Mia actually stomps her foot.

No we're taking the direct route. This is a war. She states harshly.

Neely
2014-08-02, 05:07 AM
Detritus' eyes widen at the outburst and he chuckles a little.

"Alright you guys, you heard mom. Direct route, we'll be doing plenty of travelling anyway." He motions for everyone to start moving as he floats towards the town, before pointing at Rose.

"So, story?"

Archmage1
2014-08-02, 07:38 AM
Rose looks sad as Mia refuses to take the scenic route(Although she doesn't even know which way the city is).
"Aw... but what if we miss a flower? It'll be terrible!"
As she is rebuffed again, she continues to look sad, but as Detritus requests a story, she cheers up again, fluttering along with the group.
"Ok!"
She starts to tell a tale, one with great acts of might, and great acts of courage(Or silliness), a tale that's a grand tale only in her telling. She was tending her garden, fluttering from flower to flower as she does, when she spotted a beehive, just waiting there, with no bees nearby. Now, she loves honey(She goes on for a few minutes about how amazing honey is), so she flies over there, and looks for the bees, meaning to ask them if they mind if she takes some honey. Sadly, there were no bees, so she takes some of the honey(She smiles blissfully as she goes over how yummy it was). After she recovered, she heard it. The buzzing of the bees, and nearby. The hive wasn't abandoned, it had been attacked. Being curious, she followed it, swiftly finding the bees attacking a small bear, almost a cub. Her eyes wide with horror, she tries to persuade the bees to leave the poor cub alone, and they refuse. She keeps trying, and, eventually, the bees relent, flying away, leaving her alone with the bear cub, who seemed to be quite sad. She comforts him, and he eventually tells her his tale, as he had gotten lost, and was really hungry, and he didn't know where his parents were. Feeling sad for him, she helps him, and then tries to find his parents(A mighty quest), but she fails, and, in the end, she returns, and raises the poor cub.
All in all, the tale takes a couple of hours to tell, and you suspect that if it weren't for Rose's innocent idealism, it would have been a fairly tepid story, but the way Rose tells it just leaves you in suspense, wondering what insane thing she'll be trying next.

zingbobco000
2014-08-02, 09:12 AM
Suddenly an important looking fey teleports into this garden and looks slightly disorientated with all the flowers, but quickly regains his bearings. He then says: "Hello, I am Lord Hjyin (I don't care how you pronounce it) I'm sorry about being a bit late the rest of the council was being a bit hectic, but anyway... Where to begin, ah. You have been tasked by the council as our elite strike force. Your job is to do the things that our armies couldn't. Your first mission: Make sure that the city of Elken does not get controlled by the giants. This is a diplomatic mission, so try not to get into fights, unless it is your only option..." With that he leaves with a flourish of his hand.

Do you continue to Elken?

Archmage1
2014-08-02, 09:22 AM
Rose smiles at the newcomer, and speaks as soon as he finishes speaking.
"Hi Hjyin! I'm Rose! Are you coming too?"
Alas, before she even finishes, he vanishes once more, and consequently, she looks sad, but she tells her story cheerfully as they move towards Elken.

Man on Fire
2014-08-03, 01:10 PM
"Elken?" Wait, let me think. Rain starts flying upwards, looking around and pondering wheat she remembers from old maps, while at the same time thinking how suprisingly straightfoward this request was.
Unless they moved, which isn't as uncommon for cities as you might think, Elken should be that way." She points in direction she concludes city is.

[spoiler]If it's necessary Knowledge Geography roll [roll0][/cpoiler]

Archmage1
2014-08-05, 07:15 AM
Rose starts flying that way, but she pauses as she realizes that no one else is coming.
"Come on, sillies! This way, we can all tell stories!"

Illven
2014-08-05, 12:14 PM
Mia calls out

We need to take a ground route, I can't fly. She points out.

Archmage1
2014-08-05, 12:59 PM
Rose smiles at Mia.
"Of course! All the fun stuff is on the ground! If we just flew, we would miss all the good things!"

zingbobco000
2014-08-06, 11:00 PM
You travel for around 1 day and nothing of interest happens (though there are some broken trees from lightning storms and other interesting points of non-interest). When you eventually make it to a tree that has fallen upon the road. Along with several (6) bandits of some sort in black clothing with their faces covered. Give us all of your possessions, or else suffer the consequences you hear a gruff but distinguishable human voice from the one who seems to be in charge.

Sorry for late post guys. :smallwink:

Illven
2014-08-06, 11:44 PM
Mia chuckles.

I'd suggest you turn away from your life of crime. Or it will end very, very soon. She says drawing her blade.

Archmage1
2014-08-07, 07:17 AM
After Rose finishes telling her story, she badgers others into telling their own stories. She seems to have an almost inexhaustible love of them, and she always seems to get emotionally caught up in the tales, always wanting them to have a good ending.

When Rose sees the newcomers, even though she's tired from a long day's travel, she smiles cheerfully, and waves.
"Hi! I'm Rose! Who are you? It's nice to meet you! We haven't seen anyone else, and there hasn't even been any nice flowers! Just trees, and stones, and grass! They can be nice, but they're not flowers. See? I can make garlands for everyone, and they're nice!"
She extends her hands, which are clasped around a garland of dandelions, which just happened to be in the speaker's size, smiling beatifically at the nice people who wanted to share her flowers.

[roll0] diplo

She doesn't seem to notice Mia drawing a weapon, and she seems totally unarmed, and her only armor appears to be a dress made from flowers.

Neely
2014-08-07, 12:19 PM
"See this is why you should look into the whole flying thing. We could just hop over these guys and be on our way," Detritus jokingly says to Mia.

He then turns his attention to the group of humans. "Yes boys, I understand that sometimes people feel the need to bad things to get by, but perhps think of your own consequences. If I were you I would accept the flowers and move on."

Man on Fire
2014-08-07, 06:40 PM
"You boys look like you've been very naughty. Attacking innocent travelers like us is very, very bad. I recommend you go away and rething your lives" Rain says in reprimending voice. However, she does not underestimate the threat, preparing spell to protect her friends in case of an attack.

Casting Mass Shield Of Faith in case bandits attack any of the group

zingbobco000
2014-08-07, 08:44 PM
One of the bandits says: "Well, well, one of the little midgets seems to be like are mummy, are you my mummy midget?" He snickers and laughs and the rest of the gang joins in.

He then stops laughing suddenly then speaks sternly: "Though, if you're not willin' to give us your possesions.. Well... CHARGE!!!"

Everyone gets the Shield of Faith from readied action, roll initiative.

Archmage1
2014-08-07, 08:53 PM
Rose looks quite distressed as they taunt her.
"But... I was just trying to be nice, and give you my flowers! They're important, and everyone should have some! Your mothers would be ashamed of you!"
You can see tears in her eyes, and she's almost sobbing, clearly hurt by their insults.
[roll0] init

zingbobco000
2014-08-07, 08:56 PM
Almost forgot, choose anywhere on the path within rows 15 - 18 for your character to be.

zingbobco000
2014-08-09, 10:54 AM
Bandit 03: Moves to F10, hides, everyone make spot checks.

Illven
2014-08-09, 04:16 PM
Mia moves to K13, spinning her chain in a manner reminiscent of an exotic dance, daring the bandits to come closer to her.

She speaks a few words of power, as she moves gracefully. Forma Lupum. She shouts out.

Entering Thicket of blades stance.

Rolling for maneuvers. [roll0] [roll1]

Casting Bite of the werewolf.

And then my maneuver for end of turn 1. [roll2]

zingbobco000
2014-08-09, 07:05 PM
A howl erupts from your lips as your face contorts and expands into a wolf-like form.

Mia runs forward and a strange almost un-human like howl emits from her lips as her beautiful nymph-like form contorts, twists, and turns as her face and body turn into a wolf-like form.

The bandit leader's face now turns from a smug to more of a normal face.

He still charges his enemy (K12) and engages it in melee.

Vs. AC: 52 (crit)
Confirm: 39
DMG: 12 (24) DMG

He then holds his sword a bit more defensively as if to make it easier to dodge your attacks.

Group initiative turn!

Archmage1
2014-08-09, 07:23 PM
Rose looks sadly at the attacking bandits.
"Couldn't you have been nice? It would have been much better! Please be nice? And then everyone can have flowers!"
She throws an acorn at B6, bouncing it off of his head, hoping to distract him. Of course, the impact is far more stunning than would be expected. Seeing him overreact to her acorn, and deciding that he had decided to be nice, she throws her second one at the one with the glowing stick(B4)

Both attacks are non-lethal
[roll0] EB(Touch Attack)
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] SA(Target is flat footed)

(VS B4)
[roll3] EB(Touch Attack)
[roll4] Damage
[roll5] SA(Target is flat footed)

She flies off behind a tree(P18, moving to S15), and hides, vanishing from the sight of all but the very alert.

Move to P18, then move to S15, and hide along the way.
[roll6] hide(-5 penalty included)
[roll7] move silently(-5 penalty included)
Child of Shadow triggers, and she now has 20% concealment

zingbobco000
2014-08-09, 07:28 PM
The first acorn which hits the head of the bandit with the staff surprises him by hitting him over the head and the force of it is so much that he goes flying through the air and hits a tree. Randomly though, for some strange reason you can still hear his faint shallow breaths. The second acorn flies and hits the other wizard, who is also hit over the head, falls down, unconscious, but yet not dying.

Neely
2014-08-09, 08:11 PM
"Gentlemen, yous started this fight by attacking us, six against one. You may be loosing men quickly, but allow me to even out our numbers slightly."
Detritus smiles with a small amount of menace in his face, chants for a moment, waving his hands. Suddenly three lions pop into existence, each charging a separate target.
"Oh shucks, I only meant to summon two of those!" Detritus puts his hands on his hips and shakes his head, then points to the closest one as it tries to grapple with it's target continuing to shake his head. "No! Down!"

Detritus uses his Summon Nature's Ally IV with the rapid metamagic feat applied, powered up by the Ring of the Beast. This allows him to summon as though he was casting SNA V as a full-round action.
He also uses wild empathy to stop it from grappling the opponent that Mia is fighting: [roll0]

He uses the full round action to summon three lions (rolled in the OOC thread) which appear in squares I-J 9-10(lion 1), K-L 8-9(lion 2), and K-L 10-11(lion 3).

Lion 1 attacks Bandit 1 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
claw 2
attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]
bite
attack: [roll5]
damage: [roll6]
If the bit hits, improved grab lets it attempt a grapple.
grapple: [roll7]

Lion 2 attacks Bandit 2 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll8]
damage: [roll9]
claw 2
attack: [roll10]
damage: [roll11]
bite
attack: [roll12]
damage: [roll13]
grapple: [roll14]

Lion 3 attacks Bandit 5 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll15]
damage: [roll16]
claw 2
attack: [roll17]
damage: [roll18]
bite
attack: [roll19]
damage: [roll20]
grapple: [roll21]

Neely
2014-08-09, 08:15 PM
Rolled a crit, rolling to confirm:
[roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-08-10, 12:25 AM
AoO, courtesy of Mia.

As the bandit leader walked in close to Mia, she swung her spiked chain around in a circle, aiming for the bandit. Mia barely missed as the attack was deflected by the bandit's shield.

Lions:

Lion 1: The first lion after being summoned is a bit confused but still attacks the bandit with both of its massive claws and tries to bite him. One claw and the bite miss but the other claw strikes it home. Hitting the bandit smack on the face.

Lion 2: This bandit is a bit more heavily armored than #1 and all of its attacks are rendered useless compared to its armor.

Lion 3: The leader, who is currently being flanked (+2 to hit BTW neely) still manages to deflect all of the lions attacks. Bashing its head in the process (no dmg don't worry, just fluff)

Man on Fire's turn.

zingbobco000
2014-08-18, 11:51 PM
Rain goes up into the air to get a better vantage point of the situation then grips towards Bandit 01 in a Darth Vader choke grasp. The bandit struggles while being immobile, which is quite hard, but it is of no use.

Bandit 01: Struggles some more, but only makes it worse still unable to move at all.

Bandit: 02: Chants mysteriously summoning 3 dark creatures resembling large dogs.

Each shadow dog lets out a frightening howl, make a will save. They then begin to bite their targets.

Bite vs. Lion: 16
DMG: 6

Bite vs. Mia: 13
DMG: 8

Bite vs. Detr: 19
DMG: 6

Illven
2014-08-19, 01:31 PM
Mia dodges the wolfs clumsy bite, and swings her chain at SM 3

Spiked chain

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
If threat [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
If threat [roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

zingbobco000
2014-08-23, 11:26 PM
The wolf seems now to be heavily injured, but not enough that it is dying.

Bandit 3 (we skipped him) does something that you can't see...

Anyone with a spot check of 37 or higher can notice him.

Bandit 5: Attacks Mia,

To hit: 24, it misses

Second Attack: 25, also misses

Third Attack: 21 once again misses, (I'm rolling really low BTW)

Detrius' turn.

Archmage1
2014-08-24, 12:01 AM
Rose, taking another chance, throws a small rock at B02, before she flies over to R8, and hides again, reappearing to throw another acorn at B02, before she hides again, this time after moving to P6.

All attacks are non-lethal
[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Damage 1.
Make a dc 22 fort save, or be blind for one round.
[roll2] Hide at R8
[roll3] MS at R8

[roll4] Attack 2
[roll5] Damage 2.
[roll6] SA 2
Make a dc 22 fort save, or be blind for one round.(If the first succeeds, DC 20 will or be shaken for 1 min)
[roll7] Hide at P6
[roll8] MS at P6
She maintains a 20% concealment

zingbobco000
2014-08-24, 11:45 AM
The first attack hits but it does not blind the bandit while the second attack hits him extremely hard in the stomach, the bandit hunches over in pain.

Neely
2014-08-26, 02:11 PM
Detritus flinches slightly at being hit by the dog, but then simply backs up. "More combatants? I suppose I started it." He mutters something under his breath, then points at two of the remaining bandits. A bolt of electricity jumps between the two of them. He moves back towards the dog that just attacked him. Getting right back in it's face. "And I'm fine with ending it."

The lions continue their assault.

So the 6 damage taken last round was reduced by 5 from DR, and then the rest heals from regen. Detritus is at full health.
Detritus has concealment from the mist around him, so the enemies suffer a 20% miss chance.

Using flyby attack, he backs up casts a spell, then moves back forward again to the same spot. He provokes an AoO doing this.

He casts Arc of Lightning on bandits 1 and 2.
Damage: [roll0], reflex save DC 21 for half damage.

Will save: [roll1] (gets +2 to fear saves)
If it's a spell-like ability, he has SR 20.

Lion 1 attacks Bandit 1 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]
claw 2
attack: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]
bite
attack: [roll6]
damage: [roll7]
grapple: [roll8]

Lion 2 attacks Bandit 2 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll9]
damage: [roll10]
claw 2
attack: [roll11]
damage: [roll12]
bite
attack: [roll13]
damage: [roll14]
grapple: [roll15]

Lion 3 attacks Bandit 5 as a full round action.
claw 1
attack: [roll16]
damage: [roll17]
claw 2
attack: [roll18]
damage: [roll19]
bite
attack: [roll20]
damage: [roll21]
grapple: [roll22]

zingbobco000
2014-08-26, 05:10 PM
As Detri shoots the lightning bolt from his hand the fighter bandit instinctively twists to somewhat avoid the blow and only is slightly scorched while the priest who is not ready for the spell turns only for the lightning to hit him in the face.

All three lions miss on all attacks.

The priest is now on the verge of death while the fighter is only wounded.

Going to wait a day to see if Man on Fire is active, i not, I will go for Rain.

Man on Fire
2014-08-28, 05:11 AM
Hey, you guys need some help? Here
Rain flies to be in the middle of her group, lions included, and sings loudly few short lines.
"I am the power, who blacks the night
I am the anger, for all your fights
I am the power, who parts the seas
I am the savoir, for all your needs"

I'm back, guys!
Casting Righteous Wrath of the Faithful. I don't know if I should roll for temporary hp for everyone affected once or once per person so I'll do first, GM - roll for me if it's latter, I might have Internet but it's a crappy one.
[roll0]

Also, you can now imagine Firewind's "I am the Anger" done by a a little girl that sounds like Alvin & the Chimpmunks character. You're welcome.

zingbobco000
2014-09-03, 10:47 AM
Sorry for the late post but here I am:

Bandit 01: Swings at the Lion at I9.

Attack 1: 21, hit 11 damage
Attack 2: 27, hit 14 damage
Attack 3: 10, miss

Bandit: 02: Moves back and the lion takes a swipe at him but misses then takes his holy symbol and the lions begin to disappear... slipping away back to their home plane...

All lions are now banished.

Bandit 03: Moves up and flourishes a wand and stabs Detrius with his two short swords.

You are flat footed so your AC is 24
Attack 1 with non-off hand weapon: 27, hit 36 damage
Attack 1 with off hand weapon: 22 miss
Attack 2 with non-off hand weapon: 22 miss
Attack 2 with off hand weapon: 16 miss

zingbobco000
2014-09-03, 12:45 PM
Almost forgot, shadow mastiffs.

All Shadow Mastiffs miss Mia

Mia cannot do anything as she is stunned.

Bandit 05: Attacks Mia with his sword:

Attack 1: 34, miss
Attack 2: 32, miss
Attack 3: 21, miss

Detrius cannot go because he is stunned

Rose cannot go because she is both Stunned and Paralyzed

Rain's turn.

Illven
2014-09-03, 02:22 PM
Okay Mia will attack the Shadow Mastiff

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If the Shadow mastiff is dead, then I will eat the AoO's and move to N9. (Still threatening because reach, and I have mage slayer)

If it's still alive, Mia will stay where she is and switch to attacking Bandit 5

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

and bite
[roll6]
[roll7]

end turn so roll for maneuver [roll8]

zingbobco000
2014-09-03, 02:40 PM
The strike against the mastiff lets out a howl from him and he turns back into shadow and retreats to the shadowfell. Mia then moves back getting attacked by the other shadow mastiffs and the Bandit Leader.

Bandit Leader: 33, miss
Shadow Mastiff 2: 23, miss
Shadow Mastiff 3: 21, miss

Man on Fire
2014-09-05, 11:22 AM
"Nice trick. And clever. I wonder if you can do this again after I do this." Rain says, turning toward bandit who banished the lions and casts her own spell, calling for different kind of predator - an especially nasty kind of wolf. If only one answers, she sends it to attack the bandit who can banish creatures. If more show up, she sends additional ones to attack the leader.

[roll0] x Dire Wolf

zingbobco000
2014-09-06, 09:54 AM
That provokes an attack of opprotunity from the mastiff, but you're flying... So it can't attack you. The two dire wolves come where? (on the grid)

Man on Fire
2014-09-07, 06:31 AM
As close to the first target as possible

zingbobco000
2014-09-10, 07:19 PM
I'm posting now, once again I continuously delay and I apologize.

Anyway, the Bandit 02 falls down on the ground and says: "Please, please, sir, spare me!"

Bandit 01: Yells at the cowering bandit: "Get up fool, we've been paid to take them, we can do this!" And runs at DW2 to L11, and attacks:

29, hit 11 damage.

Bandit 03 sneak attacks Detrius:

20, miss
25, hit 31 damage.

Illven
2014-09-11, 08:24 PM
Mia glares at Bandit 2.

It's ma'am. She insists.

Would a guy have these.... She says pointing to her sizable chest, before trailing off and blushing.

My parents would be so proud,that I still have a little Nymph vanity. She thought to herself, as she swung around with a flourish. And Rose probably saw all of that, and will have some comment. She realized mentally face-palming.

The man's comment made her angrier then she would have thought, and she needed someone to take it out on.

Mia 5 foot steps to M10, and uses Defensive rebuke as a swift action. This maneuver means if I hit, and they attack anyone but her, she gets an AoO on them.

She'll also smite both of them.

Bandit 5
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Bandit 1
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

I also get White raven tactics, as it's my only readied maneuver left.

zingbobco000
2014-09-12, 10:10 PM
The bandit looks down and stares for a moment until realizing his mistake, "I'm sorry ma'am I only thought because of how only men are worthy of..." He trails off realizing his quick mistake. Mia also then hits with both attacks.

zingbobco000
2014-09-13, 09:18 AM
The bandit leader, swings his sword at the dire wolf. "Idiot! Attack them, this is what we were paid to do!"

Rolls: Attack 1: 27, hit 14 damage
Attack 2: 18, hit 14 damage
Attack 3: 20 hit 11 damage

He hits all three times and slays the dire wolf.

Illven
2014-09-13, 09:25 AM
Mia counter-attacks the bandit with all of her rage.

AoO 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
AoO 2
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
AoO3
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

zingbobco000
2014-09-13, 09:36 AM
Illven hits with 2/3 attacks but he is still hit. Hit for 28 damage.

zingbobco000
2014-09-20, 10:03 AM
Bump, for Detrius/Neely.

zingbobco000
2014-09-24, 10:40 AM
Ok, continuing on w/out him.

Bandit 1 attacks Mia.

Attack 1:Crit, crit confirm: 25, no crit
Damage: 9

Attack 2: 20, miss

Attack 3: 18, miss

Bandit 2 is still cowering.

Bandit 3 retreats back to the tree line.

Withdraw to E17, then hide spot check of 36 to attack.

Illven
2014-09-24, 12:04 PM
Mia attempts to strike at the bandit leader. If he dies, pass the attacks to bandit 5.

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Crit confirm
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Attack 2
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
Crit confirm
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Mia then white raven tactics herself. Which will be up in the following post.

Since Mia's turn is over, and she has no more maneuvers to grant. Roll for maneuvers.

[roll12]
[roll13]

zingbobco000
2014-09-24, 01:37 PM
(acting before Mia)

The bandit leader engages Detrius (AoO from Mia) and attacks him:

Attack 1: 37, hit
12 damage

Attack 2: 20, miss

Attack 3: 15, miss

Illven
2014-09-24, 02:01 PM
Okay AoO

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Mia's eyes flash, and although she doesn't physically change she now seems the most beautiful person these bandits have ever seen.

Activating blinding beauty as a free action. Any humanoid within 30 feet must make a DC 25 fort save or be blinded until cured,

She then swings her chain at bandit 1, as though she were dancing.

Using Defensive rebuke.
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Crit confirm
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Attack 2
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
Crit confirm
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

zingbobco000
2014-09-24, 05:26 PM
The bandit leader stares at Mia for a quick second then holds his hands up to his eyes and yells out in pain as you see searing light coming out of them. (Bandit 5 is blinded) The other bandit fighter also cries out as he to is blinded. The priest just whimpers and doesn't even look at Mia (nat 20 on the one guy who wouldn't even do anything, great.). Detrius turn again, let's see if he'll post this time.

zingbobco000
2014-10-05, 05:53 PM
Detrius: Detrius yells in the air, and suddenly a orb around him comes down as he says: "I'm sorry friends..."

All the happens next is Detrius suddenly begins to babble incoherently, the bandit leader yells: "The chickens are after me!!!" And runs and smacks into the tree blocking the road falling down unconcious. The other bandit just repeatedly says: "I want my papaya, I want my papaya..." Over and over again.

That's actually it...

Rain gets 18000 exp (btw, I think you meant 29000 not 2900)

Mia gets 11250 exp

and Rose gets 14513.

Good job guys!, That was actually supposed to be an unbeatable encounter for people of your level, but you're fey and gestalt so... screw the rules http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/sithlord7/pun.jpg

Anyway, yeah, everyone recovers from their paralysis.

Illven
2014-10-05, 06:01 PM
Mia helps the bandit cleric to his feet.

So you're going to travel with us for awhile, okay? She asks.

zingbobco000
2014-10-05, 06:09 PM
"Uhhh... Uh... But... Hextor, he gives me strength! Everyone who disobeys him gets punished, do you not know this? He will send his angels of destruction after me, his is probably doing that already!" The priest says, clearly scared and clutching on to his holy symbol like it's a lifeline.

Illven
2014-10-05, 06:16 PM
Mia puts a hand on the man's shoulder.

You already failed. So you're safer with us. She replies.

zingbobco000
2014-10-05, 06:16 PM
Make a diplomacy check.

Illven
2014-10-05, 06:25 PM
Taking ten for a 35.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 06:25 PM
Waking up in the bushes near the tree, Rose looks quite sad as she flies back into the open.
"That was a really mean spell! I couldn't even think!"

She soon spots the cleric, and Mia, and she flies over to them, smiling cheerfully.
"Hi! Are you going to help us now? You can be nice, instead of mean! It's much more fun! Really!"
[roll0] diplo

zingbobco000
2014-10-05, 06:46 PM
... The priest is suddenly charmed by Rose's, well, charm. And suddenly says: "Are.. Those... Flowers?..." He says as he suddenly gets up and says: "Of course, flower's I'll follow the little people."

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 06:52 PM
Rose smiles happily, very glad to hear the priest's change of heart.
"Yay! You'll be nice! You won't regret it!"
She flies up and hugs him. After she finishes, she flies back a bit, and smiling, starts to introduce everyone.
"I'm Rose, and this is Mia! She's really nice!"
She flies over to Mia, before she sets off for Rain.
"And this is Rain! She's nice too!"
Finally, she flies over to Detritus.
"And he's Detrius, and he's nice as well! We're all nice!"

Sadly, her introductions are soon ended, when she spots something shiny on one of the fallen.
"Ooh! It's sparkly!"

She proceeds to search the fallen enemies, being careful to move the unconscious ones so their heads are some something softish, looking for sparkly things, and fun things. After all, meanies don't deserve fun things!

(Taking 10 on search, for a 30, and she has identify at will, so she probably identifies everything as well)

Illven
2014-10-05, 06:55 PM
Mia taps her hips a bit annoyed in spite of herself that Rose has commanded the attention.

Anything useful you have on you? She asks the bandit cleric.

Man on Fire
2014-10-07, 09:28 AM
"When, that wasn't very nice." Rain says, as she shakes of the paralysis.
"You're very nasty man. Don't do that again or I'll ger really angry at you." She flies towards remaining bandit and lectures him, waving her finger angrily.
"One of you said you were hired to stop us. Now, could you tell me who was it?" She asks. "I mean who hired you, not who said that." She adds quickly.

zingbobco000
2014-10-16, 03:54 PM
She flies up and hugs him. After she finishes, she flies back a bit, and smiling, starts to introduce everyone.

Sadly, her introductions are soon ended, when she spots something shiny on one of the fallen.
"Ooh! It's sparkly!"

She proceeds to search the fallen enemies, being careful to move the unconscious ones so their heads are some something softish, looking for sparkly things, and fun things. After all, meanies don't deserve fun things!

(Taking 10 on search, for a 30, and she has identify at will, so she probably identifies everything as well)

The bandit respons in a daze: "I don't... So... Nice... Flowers... You guys are nice, yay!"

"When, that wasn't very nice." Rain says, as she shakes of the paralysis.
"You're very nasty man. Don't do that again or I'll ger really angry at you." She flies towards remaining bandit and lectures him, waving her finger angrily.
"One of you said you were hired to stop us. Now, could you tell me who was it?" She asks. "I mean who hired you, not who said that." She adds quickly.

"Ok, I won't hurt you, don't worry, as for who hired me, oh that was just the All - Father. He's told us that there would be people disturbing his plans, but you aren't those people, you are n..." He then suddenly begins to grab his neck in pain and rolls around on the floor, falling limp.

Illven
2014-10-16, 03:58 PM
Mia rushes over and starts to help him. First by checking for a pulse.

Heal check [roll0]

She'll then place her hands over his chest and starts chanting.

Cure light wounds [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-10-16, 08:13 PM

"Ooh! It's sparkly!"

He died, and from the heal check it seemed his heart just... Stopped.

Illven
2014-10-16, 08:30 PM
Mia pounds the man's chest as she starts to tear up.

Damn. May be a spellcaster around. She warns the other two, shifting back into her true beauty form for a moment.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 08:36 PM
Finished searching the last of the unconscious enemies for shiny things just in time to hear Mia call out. Worried, Rose flies over to her.
"Is he ok?"
As she gets closer, she notes the unnatural stillness of his chest, her expression shifting from curiosity to extreme concern.
"Oh no! What happened! He was going to be nice!"

Illven
2014-10-16, 08:58 PM
I don't know. Mia admits pulling Rose into a tight hug.

The humans that saved me, mentioned that humans sometimes have something like this, but that it could also be a result of magic.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 09:01 PM
Rose returns the hug(Of course), feeling quite sad that her new friend was gone.
"Magic? But... he was nice! Why would someone use magic to hurt him!"
(She also looks at the body with arcane sight)

zingbobco000
2014-10-16, 10:50 PM
Archmage/Rose: You sense a overpowering aura of magic which just came and left a couple seconds ago.

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 09:01 AM
When she sees the aura, Rose's eyes go quite wide.
"He's really sparkly now! Someone used really, really powerful magic on him!"

Illven
2014-10-17, 09:54 AM
Lovely. Mia replied with a sniff.

Scan the treeline for magical auras. She ordered raising her hand to the treeline.

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 10:00 AM
Rose looks around, seeing if there are any other sparkles in the area.

zingbobco000
2014-10-18, 09:43 AM
Rose looks around, seeing if there are any other sparkles in the area.

No magical auras are to be found, except for some auras on the bodies.

Anyway, as for the searching, 4000 gp, 1000 gp, and 200 pp, some Amber (100 gp) a Bloodstone (20 gp), Carnelian (30), Jasper (50), and Moonstone (60). As well as Amethyst (60), Coral (120), and Tourmaline (100), finally in the leader's pockets there is a Fire Opal (900).

Art: Sapphire Pendant on a Gold Chain (1800 gp), Cloth of Gold Vestments (90), Ivory Statue (20), Gold Dragon Comb with Red Garnet Eye (1100), Gold Music Box (3000).

Magical Things: Scroll of Hold Portal and Rage, Scroll of Grease, Scroll of Identify, Wonderous Item, Scroll of Detect Magic and Animate Rope, Wand of False Life (47 charges), Potion of Magic Fang, +1 Full Plate, and a Strange Stone which Rose can see Magic on.

Illven
2014-10-18, 09:46 AM
Mia kicks the armor. Damn, nothing we can really use. She mutters.

Archmage1
2014-10-18, 09:46 AM
Rose shakes her head sadly.
"No more sparkles. But there were lots of sparklies, see!"

Neatly piled where they were easily visible, all of the many sparkly things Rose had found waited, glimmering in the sunlight.

zingbobco000
2014-10-18, 09:52 AM
The stone seems quite magical. But it's unidentified.

Archmage1
2014-10-18, 09:53 AM
Rose focuses on it, trying to get it to tell her its secrets, as Sivath had shown her.
(Using identify)

Man on Fire
2014-10-19, 08:32 AM
"Mia, do you think that whoever sent the bandits have killed one of their own?" Rain asks, while flying above the boots and trying to recognize their magic. "That's horrible. I mean, during my travels I've seen my share of really nasty and mean things done by various creatures. Humans, Orcs, Giants, even Drows*. But even when evil, they usually cared for each other, you know? Only most vile would kill their own friends because they stopped being useful." She flies over and looks at Mia, concerned look on her face. "I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

Rain tries to use her magic knowledge to identify what kind of Wondrous Item it is. Whichever roll is relevant, taking 10 because I can with Skillmastery:
Knowledge Arcana 10+25 = 35
Spellcraft 10+23 = 33
She shares whatever she finds out with the group.

* - Assuming we have ones in this setting.

Archmage1
2014-10-28, 01:51 PM
Rose's eyes go wide as she realizes what the stone is.
"It's really lucky!"
She flies around the group, delighted by her discovery.

Illven
2014-10-28, 01:58 PM
"Mia, do you think that whoever sent the bandits have killed one of their own?" Rain asks, while flying above the boots and trying to recognize their magic. "That's horrible. I mean, during my travels I've seen my share of really nasty and mean things done by various creatures. Humans, Orcs, Giants, even Drows*. But even when evil, they usually cared for each other, you know? Only most vile would kill their own friends because they stopped being useful." She flies over and looks at Mia, concerned look on her face. "I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

It's possible, it's really not uncommon either. Mia muses.

Drow for instance in fight all the time. She replies wincing.

Man on Fire
2014-10-29, 10:54 AM
"Really?" Rain asks. "It's really scary to think there are so many so nasty, evil people in the world."
"Maybe I've run into less nasty Drows. The ones I've meet weren't that bad. Oh sure, they were evil and they were jerks and tried to kill a lot of nice people, but... but they always treated their own good. At least not worse than Orcs. But Orcs have better songs. They always sing about their great warlords and warriors and getting drunk with their buddies. And for evil guys, their songs are very happy. Drows just sing about how they want to kill Elves and stab you with poisoned dagger. They're like that."

Archmage1
2014-10-29, 10:57 AM
After her excitement at her find wears off, Rose flies back to Mia and Rain, not having heard their conversation.
"Ok, I think we're out of interesting things here! Can we go somewhere else?"
She seems to be cheerful again, despite her earlier sadness.

Man on Fire
2014-10-29, 09:00 PM
"Sure, lets go." Rain nods to Rose. "By the way, do you know any songs sung by other races? We were talking about what the Orcs like to sing."

Archmage1
2014-10-30, 05:53 AM
Rose nods, although she doesn't seem to like the thought.
"I do, but it hurts my throat to sing them. They're too low!"

Man on Fire
2014-10-30, 10:01 AM
"We can always try to humm them!" Rain suggests hopefully. "Or we can sing something else. Do you know any Halfling songs? Or maybe Kobold?"

Archmage1
2014-10-30, 10:07 AM
Rose looks much happier at the idea.
"I know halfling songs! I've never heard a kobold song, but halfling songs are fun! They're always so cheery and excited!"

Rose starts singing in halfling, her voice cheerful, and the music fast, more appropriate to dancing than walking. While her voice is lovely, it doesn't sound like she's had any training in song.

The song is about a farmer discovering pipeweed, and sharing it with the town, which prompts a town wide celebration(And many shenanigans)

Illven
2014-10-30, 11:18 AM
Mia puts a cloak over the dead man.

She seems to ignore the song, lost in her thoughts.

Archmage1
2014-10-30, 11:40 AM
Seeing Mia ignoring her song, and taking a guess as to why, Rose flies over to her, stopping singing along the way.
"It's all right, Mia, he'll wake up somewhere else, and be fine!"

Illven
2014-10-30, 02:05 PM
Yeah, sure. Mia said reflexively. Almost like one would tell a child something nice when their thoughts were elsewhere.

Archmage1
2014-10-30, 02:07 PM
Tulip flies down and catches one of Mia's hands, pulling on it gently.
"Come on then, silly! He'll be ok!"

Illven
2014-11-04, 03:09 PM
Sure. We do have things to do. Mia replied squeezing Rose's hand gently.

Archmage1
2014-11-04, 03:15 PM
Rose smiles happily as she lets go of Mia.
"Yay! I don't like it here, and we can go!"
She zooms off(And later changes direction to the way the group was going)

Archmage1
2014-11-16, 06:58 PM
Happy that everyone was ready, Rose leads the way(Once she figures out which way to go), frequently stopping to look at things she encounters(Like rocks, animals, birds, nice trees, flowers...), but always managing to keep up. The group travels through second growth forest, weaving their way adroitly through the woods, the plants somehow not snagging on their clothing.

zingbobco000
2014-11-17, 11:50 AM
You guys travel for a bit and eventually reach a large opening to a town which says "Elken" in big letters.

Archmage1
2014-11-17, 11:52 AM
Rose is quite excited when she sees the sign.
"Ooh! A town! Those are always fun! I wonder what's there!"
Smiling happily, she flies ahead, hoping to get a better look at the town.

Man on Fire
2014-11-20, 01:04 AM
"It's the city we were supposed to visit!" Rain eproclaims happily. "We should find the people who are in charge here and ask them nicely to not let giants control them."

Archmage1
2014-11-20, 06:49 AM
Rose smiles happily, always glad when she can ask people to be nice.
"Yay! It's always nicer when people are nice! Let's go!"