PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Shadowmasters Guild - Thieves guild

Wacky89
2014-07-26, 08:37 AM
Hey can any1 tell me if there is a book where I can read about this guild?
Telflammar Shadowlord prestige class writes that you can get the shadow-walker template for 2k gp if you are a member in good standing.
Otherwise if any1 has any ideas to make some quests for this guild so my player can get in good standing. It sounds like it is all about sneaking around, murdering people or spying.
I could really use some input on this, as I'm not the most creative person!

Wacky89
2014-07-26, 09:57 AM
I could really use ideas on quests for this guild to earn reputation with the guild

Chambers
2014-07-26, 10:49 AM
Lore for the Shadowmaster of Telfamm can be found in Unapproachable East. In brief, the Shadowmaster's are the power behind the merchant princes in Telfamm, effectively ruling that city. They have many smaller guilds and bands in other cities in the region. In addition to the normal thieving activities of the branch guilds they also act as an information network for the main guild in Telfamm, keeping the leaders very well informed of what's happening in the region.

Some ideas for rep within the guild:

The PC's have returned from a dungeon with valuable relics/magic items and the Shadowmaster guild decides they want them for themselves. If the PC's are interested in joining the Shadowmaster's this could be a fairly non-violent encounter with the Shadowmasters basically extorting the PC's, which the PC's could use as a foot in the door with the guild.
The PC's could be offered a job from a Shadowmaster in a cover identity, either to find out some information about a merchant or retrieve something that the guild wants. If the job goes well the PC's could be offered an entry level position within the guild as an associate of the guild or 'friend'. Doing more (increasingly dangerous) jobs could lead to actual induction into the guild.
The PC's could be tasked by a Good organization or the Law to investigate or act against a suspected Shadowmaster enterprise. The PC's could purposefully botch the operation or outright sell out their employer to the Shadowmasters in return for rep.

Wacky89
2014-07-26, 12:22 PM
Lore for the Shadowmaster of Telfamm can be found in Unapproachable East. In brief, the Shadowmaster's are the power behind the merchant princes in Telfamm, effectively ruling that city. They have many smaller guilds and bands in other cities in the region. In addition to the normal thieving activities of the branch guilds they also act as an information network for the main guild in Telfamm, keeping the leaders very well informed of what's happening in the region.

Some ideas for rep within the guild:

The PC's have returned from a dungeon with valuable relics/magic items and the Shadowmaster guild decides they want them for themselves. If the PC's are interested in joining the Shadowmaster's this could be a fairly non-violent encounter with the Shadowmasters basically extorting the PC's, which the PC's could use as a foot in the door with the guild.
The PC's could be offered a job from a Shadowmaster in a cover identity, either to find out some information about a merchant or retrieve something that the guild wants. If the job goes well the PC's could be offered an entry level position within the guild as an associate of the guild or 'friend'. Doing more (increasingly dangerous) jobs could lead to actual induction into the guild.
The PC's could be tasked by a Good organization or the Law to investigate or act against a suspected Shadowmaster enterprise. The PC's could purposefully botch the operation or outright sell out their employer to the Shadowmasters in return for rep.

Thanks appreciate it!
If you get any more ideas go ahead and post them :)

Wacky89
2014-07-27, 05:48 AM
Bump it up to the top

Wacky89
2014-07-28, 03:55 PM
Bump bump bump it up