PDA

View Full Version : Triple 9s made easy - Where to go from here?

Aliek
2014-07-26, 06:58 PM
A while ago I was brainstorming a bit, and thought about triple 9s, which albeit not as much of an upgrade as some class features(ahem, metamagic effect), should be interesting to play in its own right, but obviously not in all campaigns.

The rough build is as simple as it gets,
Elan is our race of choice(Medium-sized, aberration type)
Then Ardent 3/Archivist 7/Psychic Theurge 10 is enough for dual 9s(Practiced manifester and all)
And for the wizard spells, Polymorph Any Object(Trickery domain, so archivist spell!) into a Black Ethergaunt, who casts as a 17th level wizard.

But how to get past that pesky 15 HD limitation?
Reserves of strength of course, even going with the conservative reading(You can only exceed the max caster level by 1/2/3)!

By 20, you'll manifest as a 17th level Ardent, cast as a 17th level archivist and 17th level wizard. And with 31 base int to boot!

I do, however, think there's a lot of room for improvement, and where else could one plant the seeds of an idea if not on the Playground?! :smallbiggrin:

Nilehus
2014-07-26, 07:29 PM
Elan is our race of choice(Medium-sized, aberration type)

:elan:

Well, that's rude. :smalltongue:

Interesting idea, though. I don't see any ways to improve on it, but I'm pretty sure that someone here would be able to.

thethird
2014-07-26, 07:32 PM
Why not just go psion 10 / Thrallherd 10 having one of the thralls be a magic mantle spell to power erudite and the other a warlock?

The warlock can create scrolls of any "spell" in the game (note that all divine spells can be arcane spells via hexer, and that other things that count as arcane spells could be scrolled, such as mysteries) then he casts it and the power erudite learns it and psychic chirurges it into you.

With time you would have all powers, all divine spells, all arcane spells, and all mysteries. If you want more power, you could grant yourself temporary feats and then use dark chaos shuffle to access other things. You could do that to gain access to as many soulmelds as you want to shape. Then use the power to unlock the chakras and bind them. And use Incarnum Apotheosis to get them to be filled at maximum.

The only thing you wouldn't be accessing are high level initiator maneuvers and vestiges. You could potentially gain most of truenaming via feats if you wanted to do so.

Vaz
2014-07-26, 08:43 PM
Be a Hatchling Phaerimm and ignore any disputes between Spellcasting gained via Shapechange.