PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a template.

Graypairofsocks
2014-07-26, 11:15 PM
I would like some help finding a template.
I don't remember the name, but I remember other things about the template:

The template was applied to undead creatures that had been trapped in an area (possibly for a long time).
The sample creature was a Vasuthant (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/83072.jpg).
The template applied a large Penalty to wisdom(or maybe int), or simply changed it to a low amount.
The template gave an ability to drain wisdom(or maybe int) to regain it.
IIRC I found it as a PDF excerpt on the WotC website.

The Viscount
2014-07-27, 05:34 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a combination of the evolved undead template and the diet dependent/inescapable craving rules?

Graypairofsocks
2014-07-27, 10:25 PM
I am sure it wasn't a combination of the Evolved undead template and something else, as it didn't grant any spells.

I think the name of the template was something like "entombed".

Vorandril
2014-07-27, 10:30 PM
The closest I can imagine you could get with the Vasuthant being an example creature would be an umbral necromental. But even then... Not really.

Ellowryn
2014-07-27, 11:53 PM
The closest i got from my handy dandy pdf of templates are:
Huecuva from FF pg94
Swordwraith FF pg174
Trap Haunt DrM321 pg32
Drowned One DrM106 pg49

None of these did everything you remember, but many do close, so i hope this helps!

Graypairofsocks
2014-07-27, 11:59 PM
Thanks for looking, but none of those are it.
The template was applied to already undead creatures.

It may have possibly been a 3rd party template, but I doubt it since the PDF looked official.

The closest I can imagine you could get with the Vasuthant being an example creature would be an umbral necromental. But even then... Not really.

The template doesn't result in the creature being turned into a Vasuthant, the Vasuthant is the sample creature on which the template was applied to.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, If I am wrong sorry about that.

Vorandril
2014-07-28, 12:26 AM
S'all good.

If the Vasuthant was the end result of applying the thing then maybe it was a thing that created them as spawn instead.

Graypairofsocks
2014-07-28, 05:08 AM
Oops, I think I may have just caused more confusion.

What I mean is there was a example of the template being applied to a creature, the creature that it was applied to in the example was a Vasuthant.
The vasuthant was not the end result of the template.

I hope this may clarify things.