PDA

View Full Version : Optimization That small dragon.

Yael
2014-07-27, 01:49 AM
So, about this thingy here, is this overpowered?

I'm talking about the Magic-Blooded, Dragonborn of Bahamut, White Dragonspawn (applied in that order) Dessert Kobold who has taken the Greater Rite of Draconic Passage, and using the Loredrake variant, ending in a level 8th character (LA+2, plus 6HD as class levels, say: Sorcerer.) As I see, here we are spellcasting as a character 4 levels ahead (as level 8th sorcerer?) with an HD better than Battle Sorcerer, potentially two breath weapons, and the dragon type (for those cheesy age abuses.)

So, THIS right here, aside from "Allowed" is possible? As far as I know, the errata from Dragons of Krynn, a dragonspawn is subject to a LA+1 if still under their chromatic dragon's orders, LA+2 if they don't (if still under their orders, the sum above would result in a 9th-level spellcasting sorcerer) but now it gives the Dragon type (before it gave the Monstrous Humanoid, what?) I don't own the book, but I've read that quite a few times, so, as they say:

There's no way to prove it.
So we'll have to believe it!

Aside from that, is this correct? Like not the sum, but that, in a 6th level party you would have access to more powerful spells, even outclassing the wizard (at low levels) and other prepared casters not for versatility, but for spell level (one-to-two levels ahead? omg~)

How STRONG and LEGIT is this?

thethird
2014-07-27, 04:50 AM
It is rather unlegit because you don't have dragonwrougth in there :smalltongue: Loredrake isn't accessible without being a dragon, and as is you are not a dragon. In addition the HD doesn't really change, you are gaining levels of sorcerer, not of dragon. Note that dragons of Krynn is third party and adds a whole different level of stuff, if you are using dragons of Krynn, the bestiary of krynn lists the dragonspawn abomination, which is LA +1 (added to a dragonspawn) and can add an extra spellcasting lvl.

If you have the option to buy out LA you could be a white dragonspawn, and at third level buy off the LA, and decide to leave your order (gaining another LA +1) buying it off, and then as punishment for leaving turn into a dragonspawn abomination. Again buying it off. That would put you 9000 exp behind the party, but it isn't a big deal as you are casting way above your party level.

Yael
2014-07-27, 05:54 AM
It is rather unlegit because you don't have dragonwrougth in there :smalltongue: Loredrake isn't accessible without being a dragon, and as is you are not a dragon. In addition the HD doesn't really change, you are gaining levels of sorcerer, not of dragon. Note that dragons of Krynn is third party and adds a whole different level of stuff, if you are using dragons of Krynn, the bestiary of krynn lists the dragonspawn abomination, which is LA +1 (added to a dragonspawn) and can add an extra spellcasting lvl.

If you have the option to buy out LA you could be a white dragonspawn, and at third level buy off the LA, and decide to leave your order (gaining another LA +1) buying it off, and then as punishment for leaving turn into a dragonspawn abomination. Again buying it off. That would put you 9000 exp behind the party, but it isn't a big deal as you are casting way above your party level.

Well, puting it that way, works for me. I thought that Loredrake would rise the sorceror's HD size from d4 to d10, seems fair that it doesn't. Also, how does Abomination work? It just adds to the spawn, -4 int +4 wis (or viceversa, AFB) and you get to chose from those juicy abomunation aspects (caster level up yummi!)?