PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me find this Obscure book?

LeVaughnster
2014-07-27, 03:31 AM
Hello once again! I have been wracking my brain trying to think of the title of a particular book. It was entirely dedicated to beholders. They even have a player race that was completely covered in eyes. They had a class where you could kind of become a beholder yourself.

A friend in my group has been looking for it and no one can seem to remember!

eggynack
2014-07-27, 03:47 AM
I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but lords of madness has lots of stuff on aberrations, including beholders.

VariSami
2014-07-27, 04:22 AM
I really have no idea; it must be a 3rd party supplement. However, therein lies a problem: Beholders are not a part of the open gaming license. Thus, were such a supplement to exist and not have been published by Wizards of the Coast, it would be illegal from a copyright perspective. Thus, it would probably have to be from a very minor publisher and probably only exist in pdf form. Maybe this will help you locate it? I suppose checking sites like Enworld and RPGNow would be the first step because they contain such minor indie supplements.

Diarmuid
2014-07-27, 09:51 AM
There was a 2nd edition book called "I, Tyrant" that was devoted to beholders and their various sub races and things.

Thurbane
2014-07-27, 10:09 AM
Interesting point about Beholders no being OGL. The 3rd party 3.0 book "Bastards and Bloodlines" (Green Ronin) actually has a Half-Beholder template. I wonder if they got the rights from Wizards, or if it was in breach of the OGL?

...but my searching turned up this: The Complete Guide to Beholders (http://www.goodman-games.com/3004preview.html), which I'd never heard of before. From the free preview, the race "Eyekin" seem to be what the OP is referring to.

Bullet06320
2014-07-27, 06:40 PM
...but my searching turned up this: The Complete Guide to Beholders (http://www.goodman-games.com/3004preview.html), which I'd never heard of before. From the free preview, the race "Eyekin" seem to be what the OP is referring to.

that's the book, I just flipped through it, eyekin is what he's looking for

Thurbane
2014-08-17, 08:40 PM
From the preview, looks like an interesting book, but suffers a little from the poor quality inherent to some 3rd party material.

I am working on a d20 sourcebook myself which I hope to have for download within the next 12-18 months, and I'm doing my best to make sure the quality os a high as achievable by my means. My g/f is a talented artist, and will be doing the illustrations. :smallsmile: