View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me make an assassin!

Mygicmeen
2014-07-27, 03:10 PM
Hi guys, so I am having trouble making an assassin. The rules are a little homebrew, so for the moment lets ignore the evil requirement (not that I'm going to be a good assassin.)

I went Iron Man rolls, so my stats are
STR 11
DEX 15
CON 15
INT 16
WIS 12
CHA 14

I can only work with the Pathfinder CRB and APG (And UE for items)=(

I've started work on a classic Rogue entry to the Assassin, but I might not be able to take knife master. Which kinda messes with the idea I had. So basically, I am looking for alternative ways to enter the class. I would really like to work a Ranger in then assassin, but that feels inefficient. I've looked at inquisitor but again, I am kinda stumped on how to work the character. Do you guys have an ideas? I'm not attached to the trapfinding or trapsense or the uncanny dodges. I would be open to an oracle or witch.

Because I went with knifemaster/scout I decided to go the spring attack line. It seemed the best, I took weapon finesse improved init, crit, and iron will from 7 - 11.
Is there a way better to maximize my assassin as a rogue?
1: Weapon finesse 1: Blank (Improved init? Weapon proficiency? Kukri?)
2:RT Honeyed Words (I wont be that effective in combat for a while, better keep em talking)
3:Dodge
4:RT Fast Stealth
5:Mobility
6:RTDelay entry into Assassin for Surprise attack and an extra D6 sneak. Should I just wait until I get 8 and enter assassin at 9 at this point? I think I wouldn't lose any bab that way.
7: Improved Init? Iron Will?
9: Spring Attack
11: Weapon Focus?
13:I was thinking Two weapon fighting at this point, but I really think that is probably a waste...lemme know

My skill ranks have been going into Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Perception, Stealth, UMD, and a homebrew skill called investigate (Sherlock style at higher levels. Lets just call it deduction)

JusticeZero
2014-07-27, 05:14 PM
Well, why do you need your assassin to be an Assassin, specifically? What's the actual concept here that you're working from?

Mygicmeen
2014-07-27, 05:39 PM
Well technically he doesn't. But we are doing this more non-formal kind of campaign. Not everyone can show up all the time, and it will be heavy in solo sessions and such. Other people will come and go, and you set the things you are doing when you aren't playing. (Each day is supposedly going to pass for every day...) and I am not restricted by alignment. This may be my only chance to play an assassin and not ruin everyone's fun.

I have kind of been on a Prestige class kick lately (I know they aren't the best) and I've always wanted to play the assassin prestige since I saw it.

As for character concept? I kind of usually build it around the class and extend from there, why do I have the ability to do x, y, and z. I have been tossing around the thought of playing some kind of sociopath that doesnt have feelings or empathy, but understands what those emotions are. Though that seems kinda cliche, I was also just tossing around a hard knock kind of life, and I find I am good at killing, and it pays well. Nothing personal kind of attitude towards it..But these are real rough draft kind of ideas, I usually let these kind of things stew while I crunch the numbers.

I mean when I think assassin, I think sneaky, deadly, and rough around the edges. Someone versed in the seedy part of life. That doesn't mean I couldn't get used to the idea of being a holy assassin in the form of a inquisitor. I mean I think you still end up with like 7d6 of dmg with bane if you can sneak attack. I just don't see a way to crunch the numbers well for it?

Dr.Gara
2014-07-27, 06:28 PM
Play a Ninja. Seriously. They make better assassins then the Assassin class, hands down.

Oh wait. You're limited in books. Why is that? The SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) is free.

caimbuel
2014-07-27, 06:47 PM
Mix in evangilist of a god that fits fluff for good skills, and ability to snag ninja/rogue or some such

Mygicmeen
2014-07-27, 06:57 PM
I couldn't tell you the workins of DM's. They are mysterious =( Evangilist looks like its from an inner sea guide, and ninja is UC.

Snowbluff
2014-07-27, 06:58 PM
So, should I suggest Beastmorph Vivisectionist for the second assassin thread in a row? You'll kick butt.

Dr.Gara
2014-07-27, 07:01 PM
So, should I suggest Beastmorph Vivisectionist for the second assassin thread in a row? You'll kick butt.
Beastmorph is Ultimate Combat, Vivisectionist is Ultimate Magic.

Mygicmeen
2014-07-27, 07:04 PM
Pick up natural attacks from ranger? =/

Snowbluff
2014-07-27, 07:12 PM
Pick up natural attacks from ranger? =/

The Feral Mutagen Discovery will give you 2 claws and a bite. Add on Undead Anatomy for some slams if your DM will allow it.

Mygicmeen
2014-07-27, 07:23 PM
Yeah misread that, neither are a go...

Frosty
2014-07-27, 08:20 PM
The Feral Mutagen Discovery will give you 2 claws and a bite. Add on Undead Anatomy for some slams if your DM will allow it.
Feral gives 3 natural attacks. Will the alchemist be able to get more by mixing in weapon attacks?