PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Increasing accuracy

Anlashok
2014-07-27, 09:55 PM
Friend is running a build that relies on TWF with non-light weapons (I don't know why, but he's adamant about it) and for obvious reasons is having a great deal of trouble hitting, especially with his later iteratives.

Any good ways to boost accuracy over a full set of actions or long term?

grarrrg
2014-07-27, 11:51 PM
Friend is running a build that relies on TWF with non-light weapons (I don't know why, but he's adamant about it) and for obvious reasons is having a great deal of trouble hitting, especially with his later iteratives.

Any good ways to boost accuracy over a full set of actions or long term?

Slap some sense into him.

But seriously...slap some sense into him.

Game-wise the only thing that comes to mind is 11+ level of the Two-Weapon Warrior (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/two-weapon-warrior) Fighter archetype.

Sayt
2014-07-28, 12:01 AM
In Pathfinder? Not many. Ask the GM if they can have Oversize TWF from 3.5. On a fighter, Gloves of Dueling substitute a +2 to hit.

But generally, it's really not a viable strategy.

Alternatively, Sawtooth Sabres are an Exotic One-handed weapon that count as light weapons for TWF if you have the exotic weapon proficiency.

If he wants axes or hammers, he's out of luck. If he'll make do with swords, he can get by, just use the rules for the Sawtooth Sabre and say that they are curiously straight and smoothbladed sawtooth sabres, them being mechanically identical.

(I once ruled similarly for a character who wanted to flurry with a longsword: A curiously longsword like Temple Sword)

Barstro
2014-07-28, 08:00 AM
This is a great example of real life; if you continue to do something that doesn't work, you (and possibly those relying on you) will be penalized. Can you imagine a knight trying to use two battle axes at the same time? Anyone with skill can avoid the attacks and bypass any of his defenses.

If the DM actually wants to get rid of penalties; let the PC blow a feat to treat a specific weapon as light for the purposes of TWF. If that isn't enough, let those weapons benefit from Power Attack. I'd forbid heavy armor, since it would limit his movements too much to effectively wield two heavy weapons.

I'd also give him penalties on Disarm CMD and keep having enemies make those attempts.

In the end, roleplaying is just a contract between the players and the GM. If everyone agrees to the terms, then any creative rules are fair.

magwaaf
2014-07-28, 04:52 PM
i play an oversized twf dragon shaman (homebrew version) and one aura gives me attack bonus equal to it which has made it great. right now its +6 aura (with an item) and really balances everything out