PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help with making the Ghost of Christmas Future

Tanngrisnir
2014-07-28, 12:44 AM
For the last few years my friends and I have taken part in one-off Christmas themed adventures where we all play Christmas/winter/holiday themed characters attempting to save Christmas in one way or another. This year we are going to be setting it at level 15 and using gestalt characters. I'm thinking about making the Ghost of Christmas Future, who has joined the team to ensure that future Christmases take place, thus giving him purpose.

I've decided to make one side of the gestalt a telepath psion, as that plays into the whole future aspect, and to use the Savage Progression ghost template, found here

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

However, I can't really decide what class to put on the other side, and was wondering if anyone here had any ideas? We don't take the games seriously, obviously, and it's just for a one day thing so long term viability isn't a concern.

Last year I made the Adaman-TIN Soldier, a large sized Warforged juggernaut dungeoncrasher, so I'm trying to stick more to a casting approach this time, but really any ideas will be appreciated. Only note is I'm not interested in Factotum, and the ToB classes are out.

I would appreciate any ideas any of you may have?
Thanks.

Edit: This is for 3.5.

Urpriest
2014-07-28, 12:48 AM
What does the Ghost of Christmas Future actually do? AFAIK he just hangs around looking ominous.

Tanngrisnir
2014-07-28, 12:52 AM
What does the Ghost of Christmas Future actually do? AFAIK he just hangs around looking ominous.

Yeah, pretty much. He just shows Scrooge what will happen once he dies, how people think of him etc. and scares him into being a better person. That's why I've decided on telepath psion, with things like recall death, crisis of life, modify memory etc. Things that use the future or fears of the subject against them.

Just can't for the life of me decide what to pair it with. Not really too fussed about keeping a concrete theme, the psion handles everything I want for that.

singera
2014-07-28, 01:10 AM
psychic warrior perhaps for a little more power?

Bullet06320
2014-07-28, 01:12 AM
anyone playing the Grinch? that would be interesting

Tanngrisnir
2014-07-28, 01:20 AM
psychic warrior perhaps for a little more power?

I was thinking about that, do you know what happens with the power points from each class? Do the merge into one pool, or remain separate?

anyone playing the Grinch? that would be interesting

The Grinch was a player character last year. We fought our way through Santa's mine, where they were mining the Element of Surprise so that he could take his revenge on the people who stopped his evil plans the year before. Eventually we managed to to defeat and reform Santa, and the Grinch then waited for the other PCs to leave the throne room whereupon he promptly betrayed the party and stole the Surprise Element, allowing him to then pull of stealing Christmas for himself this year.

So he's actually our Big Bad to defeat this time around.

Bullet06320
2014-07-28, 01:29 AM
Nice, lol, I like it

Tanngrisnir
2014-07-28, 01:41 AM
Nice, lol, I like it

It's really fun, I must say.

malonkey1
2014-07-28, 10:13 AM
I'd go with an Imperious Command lockdown build, which I think fits the "Looking Ominous" bit.

Urpriest
2014-07-28, 02:19 PM
I'd go with an Imperious Command lockdown build, which I think fits the "Looking Ominous" bit.

I'd second this. I don't know how much Psion can contribute to fear-stacking, but there are plenty of directions you could take the other side in that vein.

Tanngrisnir
2014-07-28, 10:20 PM

I'd second this. I don't know how much Psion can contribute to fear-stacking, but there are plenty of directions you could take the other side in that vein.

That actually sounds great, I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice.