PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How many levels and which ones for a Dracolich?

Balor01
2014-07-28, 03:31 AM
So I have a dracolich, ex. adult red dragon that turned himself into a dracolich. For his entire life he has been a paranoid, power-greedy monster, so he too advanced in certain classes. I guess 200 year (adult dragon) is enough to get those 20 levels in anything it wants. Now, question is, what would that be?

Take in concideration this guy wants to be completely unfettered. So no druid or cleric (demands alignment, code of conduct ... ) and no obscure classes, concider the fact that for some classes, he would need someone to teach him. Lets say that Core classes are most common and splatbooks each less and less. Since magic is 3.5 pinnacle of power I was actually thinking sorcerer(also its DM frendly to play). But playground may have some nice ideas too.

This will be an NPC so please take into account I do not desire something overly complicated.

If you add feats a dragon would take along your picked classess, that would be great too.

thanks

ace rooster
2014-07-28, 06:44 AM
Sorc is solid, particularly as he gets access to cleric spells anyway. A single level of barbarian to qualify for eldritch knight would not be much of a loss though. I don't know if it meets your criteria, but an ur-priest/mystic thurge gives him tons of magic that he steals, so could be flavorful. If he has some way of getting allies (summons for example) then rogue might be fun. Also worth a look are the classes for dragons in the draconomican.

As a curiosity, why is he a dracolich so young?

Balor01
2014-07-28, 06:58 AM
As a curiosity, why is he a dracolich so young?

Well, module stated that. But its a good question. Still an ability to be completely destroyed and come back instantly in another reptiloid body is pretty cool option.

Also, fluff-wise, perhaps can pool boost just undead?