PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled comic vs Discussion Thread: witch updated first?

With a box
2014-07-28, 06:26 AM
What giant do first: uploads new comic, or makes a Discussion Thread about it?

Dissection
2014-07-28, 08:19 AM
"New comic is up"
"is up"

Probably the comic

With a box
2014-07-28, 08:41 AM
I feel stupid that I don't notice the word....

ChristianSt
2014-07-28, 10:38 AM
I would guess that the comic comes before the thread, too.

If the thread is first, then there is a time where there is a thread about a comic not yet available, which could easily lead to posts like "where is it? :smallconfused:".

Since I haven't noticed such posts, I think it is done in the other order.

137beth
2014-07-28, 08:22 PM
I would guess that the comic comes before the thread, too.

If the thread is first, then there is a time where there is a thread about a comic not yet available, which could easily lead to posts like "where is it? :smallconfused:".

Since I haven't noticed such posts, I think it is done in the other order.

Then again, there also aren't any posts saying "where is the new discussion thread?!?"
Maybe he loads a new comic in one tab and the new thread in another tab so the updates happen almost simultaneously, so there are no such posts. That would also mean they might not always happen in the same order.

DaggerPen
2014-07-28, 10:38 PM
The comic goes up before the discussion thread does. I once managed to catch the comic just as it went up, went over to the forum, and found that the discussion thread still hadn't been posted. There's not usually a long enough delay to get people wondering where the discussion thread went, though.

ChristianSt
2014-07-29, 05:08 AM
Then again, there also aren't any posts saying "where is the new discussion thread?!?"
Maybe he loads a new comic in one tab and the new thread in another tab so the updates happen almost simultaneously, so there are no such posts. That would also mean they might not always happen in the same order.

The comic doesn't mention that there should be a discussion thread, so nobody has really anything to complain (other than there normally is one) :smallwink:.

Although I can at least show there is a thread with the OP question "Has one [=discussion thread #885] been started yet?" here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?281428-OOTS-885-Discussion-Thread). Though to be fair there were special circumstances and the Giant declared (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?281428-OOTS-885-Discussion-Thread&p=15158607#post15158607) it to be the official later. :smalltongue:

[Also I can't imagine that Rich puts any work in putting these up simultaneously.]

Rogar Demonblud
2014-08-01, 09:57 AM
I'd guess the sequence is:

1. Comic
2. Twitter
3. Forum

martianmister
2014-08-12, 05:39 PM
It depends on RB's mood.