PDA

View Full Version : Height and weight increase from medium to large

Yaitanos
2014-07-28, 10:48 AM
So when you apply a template, say half-ogre, to a human which moves them to large size, I'm not seeing the rules to affect height and weight in there. I'm guessing the weight is multiplied by 8, seen something similar somewhere, but I have no clue bout height.

Svata
2014-07-28, 11:49 AM
Multiplying mass by 8 means height doubles. Square-Cube law, and all that.

Vogonjeltz
2014-07-28, 04:11 PM
So when you apply a template, say half-ogre, to a human which moves them to large size, I'm not seeing the rules to affect height and weight in there. I'm guessing the weight is multiplied by 8, seen something similar somewhere, but I have no clue bout height.

The x8 is specific to the spell enlarge person which doubles the creatures height and multiplies its weight by 8. This is similar to reduce person which halves the height , length, and width, and divides the weight by 8.

According to the Races of Destiny description, they're smaller than, but close to, Ogres. So I would just take the Ogre height/weight stats and walk them back a teeny bit (like a foot shorter, and maybe 50-100 lbs lighter, on average.

Rijan_Sai
2014-07-28, 04:20 PM
Races of Destiny, pg 110: Age, Height, Weight.

Edit: I see you said "template," in which case...*checks*...normally I would direct you to Monster Manual I pg 291 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#increasingHitDice), but it seems that this does not say anything about it...

As such, I would probably just use the RoD chart, or Volgonjeltz's suggestion.

Yaitanos
2014-07-29, 12:41 AM
Yeah the template I'm referencing is the Dragon magazine one. I'll take a look at the RoD chart and see if it makes sense.