PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Valendale

Cilvyn
2014-07-28, 01:26 PM
So you have been send to Valendale by the abbot of the capital of this land. Valendale is a average town controlled by a young Lord who is said to be a very dedicated worshipper of Pelor. Dark magics seem to be coming from this place though. Villages are known to still worship nature gods so this is not only a mission against evil, but you will probably also have to function as a missionary for both religious purposes and bringing civilization. Pelor is the god of this realm and even if you are not a devoted follower of Pelor, religion is something that influence daily life immensely. Your task is to find the source pf this dark evil magics and destroy it for the good of all.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/14d13t1.jpg
1 Castle of the Lord
2 Military quarters
3 The bridge
4 Town hall
5 Some sort of special place, which include a prison and more official stuff.
6 Church

It is a dark cold night. Rain poors down from the sky and dark clouds block most light from a pale full moon. Sudden lightningstrikes lighten up the sky and show the muddy path you walk on. Massive trees stands on each side of the road. With every thunder they shudder and more water falls down on you. With every lightning they cast monsterlike shadows on the road. After a while you see small houses in front of you.

This must be Valendale.

You walk over the streets through the small village. The houses are small and wooden with here and there a stone chimney.

Another lightning strike splits the sky and reveales about 4 silhouettes down the street. In the light you can see they are standing in front of a house that must be from a blacksmith. You see a big stone chimney and the furnace outside on the yard. When you come closer you hear the conversation:
"You have enough problems as it is Richard. Give her to us. You lord demands it."

No chris, and I don’t know why you follow order from that arrogant kid. He is just a shipper-snapper, and you know it. I won’t surrender my only daughter to that freak!
Carefull Richard, you know, I respect you, but words like that get you killed around here.. you know what happened to those poor Randal folks near the forest. Come on Richard. I came here personally to make sure no one would get hurt. You know I do not want to, but we got to deliver her to him.
Chris, no. Just tell her she wasn’t here.
You hear the other guards speak as wel and take their swords out.
Richard, this is your last warning, give us the girl and no one gets hurt. It won’t be that bad, realy!
You hear a scream and an grunt NOOOO, I won’t stand by and let you take my girl to that monster, over my dead body!

Another voice growls: So be it blacksmith.
You hear clatter from steel on steel and the scream of a young girl in the house as you come closer you see the guards restraining the blacksmith and going inside…….

Irish Musician
2014-07-29, 04:10 PM
Wildfire (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiIyo9NDA), Halfling Sorceress
Wildfire walked with the group on the way to Valendale....in the rain. Every now and again she would throw some fire above her head to vaporize the rain coming down on her head. But it wouldn't do much good because the rain would just never stop. "This damned rain! When the hell is it going to stop? Walking on the road, in the mud, soaked to our bones....." Wildfire was not one to get down in the dumps often, but she did tend to get grumpy fairly quickly. And a grumpy sorceress who's magic came from chaos tended not to be a good thing.

They arrived at Valendale and walk through the streets. Wildfire is desperately looking for an Inn to get out of the water when she sees some silhouettes in the dark and hears their conversation. Wildfire sees the violence being done to the blacksmith and the scream of the woman. The scream is all the reason she needs. In a flash, Wildfire runs to the blacksmith's house and bursts through the door. They see this soaking wet halfling standing there, looking like a drowned cat, hair draped in front of her eyes which are starting to glow deep red. Her hands are held out in front of her and they start to glow the same deep red, pointing to the guards and the man who seems to be in charge. She flings her hair out of her face and yells, "Alright. I don't know what the hell is going on here, but lets let the blacksmith go, and if one man here lays a hand on that daughter of his, their armor will be melted to their skin. I have been hiking through this damned storm for hours now, I am soaking wet to the bone, I'm pissed off, and by my lady Avandra if someone doesn't explain what in the nine hells is going on in here and why this innocent girl is screaming bloody murder I am going to freak out. And for someone who's power comes from Chaos.....that is a MUCH bigger deal."

Intimidate roll to make them stop what they are doing [roll0]

Teapot Salty
2014-07-29, 06:48 PM
Rogan mumbles Bloody hells, and chases after the halfling. He shares the hobbits opinion on the rain, and is in very bad spirits. Drawing his Halberd from his back, he runs into the house after the halfling and says: You guys are going to explain to me, very slowly, what in the infernal abyss of the gods of hell, is going on here!

That's still a thing right? Regardless the roll:
[roll0]

Cilvyn
2014-07-30, 03:20 PM
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/190NDJqxNd99cgrNxAndL02qhzYWgDhuFuObT5jx3IjU/edit?usp=sharing)

You enter a relativly big house. You enter the hall and the blacksmith and the guard both stand in the doorway to the living room. The gaurds still stand in the doorway, they just busted their way into the house and now wait for their captain to restrain the balcsmith. You see they are not happy with the current event but do not realy have a choice in the matter.

The Guards look surprized when the little halfling enters the house all soaked and with an angry face. Chris Has cornered the blacksmith. You can see he does not mean him real harm, but still stands threatening before him.

The Guards hesitate a little, they didn't expect a real fight and they seem unsure if the angry halfling is realy a threat.

Chris answers as a second person enters the house:
Welcome strangers to valendale. My name is Chris the captain of Lord Ferewin gaurds. My apologies you had to walk in on this. You see the lard has demanded this good man's daughter to become his third wife. I understand this might look like a cruel act, but me and my man are simply follow orders. The lord will treat her wel and she will have a good life.

Please let my men do their jobs and we can all return home safely. I will personally make sure you will have the best room at the inn.

He turns at the blacksmith.

I am realy sorry Richard, but please don't fight him on this, ro we all get in trouble.

Irish Musician
2014-07-30, 03:32 PM
Wildfire (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiIyo9NDA), Halfling Sorceress
Wildfire's eye twitches a little too much as the guard captain speaks of "it is for her own good" type talk. "Let me get this straight.....you want this poor girl to marry some corrupt Lord and become his THIRD wife....and she doesn't even get a say in the matter?" The guards and the captains notice that the rain water that is drenching Wildfire is now starting to turn into steam, and the temperature of the room starts to get significantly warmer. "I'll be damned if any innocent girl is going to get sent to be a prisoner for some Lord to ignore her and use her as he sees fit. That is called being a slave, and my Lady Avandra doesn't look too kindly on people being slaves......" Wildfire trails off and her fists seems to clench even harder than they were before, while Wildfire's state of dampness grows ever dryer. "I will give you this one chance, Chris, to take your men and leave this house never to return to bother these good people. Otherwise I am afraid I will be forced to do something I am really too tired and exhausted to do. So," she says, heat growing ever more intense coming off of her as the steams grows thicker, "What is it going to be, Captain?" Her companions know that she is actually exercising restraint at this point, and also know that her boiling over point is coming soon.

Cilvyn
2014-07-30, 03:57 PM
The face of the captain looks grim for a second and the nods at his men to leave the place.

You will hear from the lord then and he is not as gentle as I am. I try to keep the peace, but if orders are disobeyed and the reason for it is you, you will have to deal with the consequences.

A good day, miss, sir.

The guards walk outside and the captain leaves last and leaves the door open.

The blacksmith falls on his knees to get on your eye-height and takes your hands in his, his palms burn a little from your almost burning skin.

Oh thank you milady, thank you for saving my sweet daughter from this lord

His daughter is still hiding in the other room.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-30, 04:32 PM
Well that was... odd Rogan says, his adrenaline dying down. Lucky we've got you, you crazy, crazy, hobbit He says to Wildfire. He then turns to the blacksmith, whom he already holds a certain level of respect for and says: You handled yourself well, are you hurt? Are you in need of any assistance? Perhaps you would like tea? His tone is kind, but he is not entirely sure about this, seeing as the lawful ruler DID have the right to choose his wives, at least he thought so. Although marrying a little girl off to a horrible man is just plain cruel and would not be tolerated, but Rogan needed to know more about the ruler before he took any sides.

Irish Musician
2014-07-30, 08:51 PM
The guards leave and Wildfire lets out a snort of derision, staring them down as they all leave the premises. "I don't give a flying hoot who the Lord thinks he is. Forcing a girl into a marriage she doesn't want is an evil thing to do. And if he really cares for her he will leave her ALONE!" Wildfire yells at the guards and the captain as they walk away. The blacksmith drops to his knees and starts thanking her and Wildfire feels a little more than uncomfortable, but she lets him dote and does her best to stop her skin from being quite so hot, as he is touching her. "Umm, yeah, no problem." Wildfire gives the blacksmith an awkward smile, her attempt at being nice, "What is the deal, anyway? Who is this Lord and why the hell does he think he can just enslave any girl he wants?"

GPuzzle
2014-07-31, 12:10 PM
A voice comes from the door - a female one, to be exact.

"That kind of lord is no worse than most I've seen."

Dressed in a warrior's clothes, the Half-Elf leans against the doorframe, rapier sheathed at her belt.

"Even in more mystical places this sort of things happen. A lord wants a sweet little girl to become his wife, they love each other for two weeks, and one year later the lord is married again. Are you feeling this in the air? Indignation? Who's feeling that, and by what?"

Cilvyn
2014-07-31, 03:00 PM
The good man stands up and invites you to come into the living room.

Please, kind travelers, my heroes. My home is yours, please come in. Meet my daughter Arianna. He follows you to the living room. It's a cozy room with wooden furnature and pillows stuffed with hay.. There is a small fire burning at the south wall.
Come out Arianna, These good people scared the guards away, we are safe! A young girl around 14 years old shows her face from behind the couch.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131204132310/game-of-thrones-le-trone-de-fer/fr/images/9/92/Game_of_thrones_arya_stark_by_akalilu-d5j87xr.png
http://dnd.ryancarlton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/blacksmith1.jpg

Oh uh.. hello she sais shyly. then she runs at her dad and burrie sher face in his chest. It's allright sweet girl, it's alright he faces to you.

Life has been tough since her mother passed away. I work hard to make a living, but life isn't easy. Please let me make you something to eat and poor you my best wine. You must be starving from this rainy weather. My house is not much and if you don't mind sleeping on some haysacs I can offer you a place to stay as wel.
Please Aria, can you fetch the good bottles of wine from the cellar?

He shows you the diner table with some handmade iron chairs with pillows on them.

Please my heroes, please sit and let me and my daughter make you feel at home!

Teapot Salty
2014-07-31, 03:22 PM
Rogan Smiles and bows graciously I thank you for you hospitality he says. But I must ask, why does the lord want your daughter in particular? She is, by the look of her, very young, and even then, there must be hundreds of girls to choose from. Why the son of a Blacksmith? Realizing that the family could take it the wrong way he adds: I mean no offence of course, but from what I've heard, lords like to marry nobles.

Getting The Game of Thronesy feel a bit. Just something that I'm curious about:
I didn't want to mention the whole "she's way to young for that, if you know what I mean" before clearing it with you guys. And I was wondering if it is acceptable if I did, I honestly don't care, but I want to clear it with you guys before I do.

GPuzzle
2014-07-31, 03:28 PM
Oliva enters through the door, looking if they didn't forget anyone outside.

"Yeah, sure. They take anyone who they find pretty. If it's a noble, it's a bonus."

She walks towards Adrianna, kneels down, putting her hand on Adrianna's hair as she does so - and looks to the young girl's eyes.

"You remind me of my friends when I was younger. Never the stuck-up daughters of stuck-up nobles, but rather normal people. Those knew joy. Can you tell me the name of your mother?"

She's too young by our time's standards. These aren't our times.

However, we should still keep this SFW.

Irish Musician
2014-07-31, 03:30 PM
Wildfire gives the man another awkward smile and nods in thanks. She gives a genuine smile to the girl, Fourteen years old, she thinks, and this Lord is wanting to wed her?! What a perverted bastard. She sits at his table and gives him a short thanks when he serves the wine. After they are all seated they start talking, Rogan speaking up first. Wildfire nods her head and follows his questions, "Forget the nobility part of it! This little one is only 14 damn years old!! Barely a teenager, and he expects her to marry some Lord she has never met or has nothing to do with? The Abbot sent us here to clear this place of evil.....and I am pretty sure I found my first bit to get rid of....." Wildfire takes a long swig to let that sink in, then follows with, "And why is the Lord barking up your tree anyway? Why your daughter in particular?"

Ghost49X
2014-07-31, 05:15 PM
Keldvin pokes his head through the doorway "um, hello?" looking around at them all he isn't one to say much for the current situation. Comming from his village fourteen wasn't the youngest he's seen girls married though it tended to be the common average. Looking at the blacksmith offering him wine he politely declines "I'm sorry, but may I have water instead? Wine just doesn't sit well with me."

GPuzzle
2014-07-31, 09:24 PM
"Who are you, anyway? The fiery Halfling, the weak Wizard, the tough Shifter - you probably are more than that. I'm Olivia Dran. Daughter of Cordelia Dran. I came in here in search of my mother. This is the only thing I have from her - her wedding ring."

Ghost49X
2014-08-01, 12:04 AM
Keldvin looks away from Olivia's rebuke, taking the remark as a blow. "I came because my help was sought. If this doesn't please you, then you don't have to tag along..." his tone of voice reveals a wound buried deep. Looking back at the blacksmith and his daughter Keldvin forces his expression back to a more cheerful mood "So what will you do now? Those guards will be back, with more if needed"

Cilvyn
2014-08-01, 04:51 AM
I just needed a cute looking girl in a medieval/fantasy kinda setting.. so Arya was perfect..:P For the rest, My time zone is a bit different so you might notice I am offline suring your evening times, (I'm in Amsterdam/Paris timezone, so I am msotly asleep during your evenings :) )

The blacksmith comes walks to the other room that must be the kitchen. and later comes out with a plate with bread, some dried meat and fruit and vegetables. He makes the table in order so you can eat as much as you like, then turns to the fiery halfling and the shifter.

Hoestly, I don't know why he wants my Arianna. We don't see him much, this Lord Ferewin. A year back his father, our former lord, passed away and his son inherrited this village and the lands around it. But he is young and arrogant and more important forces us to believe in this god of his; Pelor. He sighs We are simple farmers and crafstman, For generations we have had our own gods. Kind gods, who don't favor anyone, but they are here when we need them. he looks up, makes a fist and kisses his thumb (some expression of faith) The lords father let us be and even did alot of things for us. In return we paid our taxes ofcourse. But now times have changed...

The young girl looks in awe at the fierce lady kneeling before her. Diana..and I don't want to marry.. I want to stay with daddy she whispers, still looking with big eyes at the adventurers in her home. Then she hurries to the cellar when her father asks her to bring the wine.

Please come in the blacksmith sais to the young wizard entering the house.and yes ofcourse, anything you want. I also have some goat milk if you prefer that, please please, make yourself at home!

The man turns sad again when Keldvin brings up what will happen when the guards come back.
Yes I am affriad they will.. I don't know what to do. I can't let him have her, and neither can I leave this village with this young girl. We will eithger starve or get robbed and killed by thugs. I will ask the gods for guidance

Arianna comes back up with a large bottle of wine in her hands. She poors you all a cup and then sits quietly while her father speaks with you. After a while she yawns since it is already dark for a while and it's getting late

Ghost49X
2014-08-01, 10:06 AM
Keldvin comes in and sits at the table, and speaks to the blacksmith in a soft tone "Water will be fine, thank you. There are other options, if you have family or friends outside this village they may be able to give you hospitality, alternatively you could send the girl off to a boarding school or covenant until this passes over. Please could you tell us more about this lordling, is your daughter the only one whom he has been after?" Keldvin takes a piece of bread and nibbles on it as he listens to their response.

Religion check to see what I know about the farmer's gods [roll0]
2nd Religion check to see if this lord is truly seems to follow Pelor's Dogma from what we've been hearing [roll1]

GPuzzle
2014-08-01, 11:20 AM
Olivia kneels down in front of Arianna once again - she doesn't know why, but it's automatic.

"You won't get married now. Not with someone you don't love.", she says, as she tries to confort the young girl.

She then turns to Keldvin, furious with his rude remark towards her.

"Well now it's not the weak but rather the rude wizard. It was a question. Not an offense. Someone as smart as you, from what it seems, should know."

She holds the cup in her hand with a slightly distinct, somewhat more refined way of holding it - but not too stuck-up - raises it over her head, lowers it below her chest, raises it to the front of her mouth and drinks half of it in a single gulp.

"Thank you for the wine and shelter, sir and let me help you. I've walked through here. There's some safer places down South. The road's a bit muddy, but I think you're good enough with a hammer that any thug that will bother you won't be a problem. After all, they weren't a problem for me, and you certainly have more pratice than I do. I'm sorry to ask, but do you know anyone named Cordelia?"

Ghost49X
2014-08-01, 01:38 PM
Keldvin scoffs at Olivia "Tell us Ms Dran, do you happen to know if any of these safer places down south could use a blacksmith? Without work, thugs will be the least of his worries as they starve."

GPuzzle
2014-08-01, 01:48 PM
"Yes, actually. A small frontier town down south has just been founded, and I think a blacksmith is something they're missing. Sure, it's not fully developed. But personally, as the fiery Halfing said, I think that freedom is something that you can risk a bit for."

Teapot Salty
2014-08-01, 02:40 PM
Rogan listens silently. Accepting his wine from the girl. This matter honestly came down to doing the right thing, or the lawful thing. He chose the right. We could try and... convince, this lord not to marry this poor girl. Be it through Intimidation, or finding him another, one more suitable to his age, and is actually looking to marry him. He is, in fact, deeply troubled by this matter. Remembering Olivia's question, he answers: My tale is most likely less riveting than any of yours, I simply heard that darkness gathered, and to protect my home and family, I chased it.

Ghost49X
2014-08-01, 02:59 PM
Looking at the blacksmith he nods towards Olivia "This small town is your best option at this point, unless something else is holding you back?"

Keldvin takes another bite from the bread and looks over at Rogan "A remarkable choice. I feel the spirit of heroes in you, I am sure we will hear great things of your exploits some day."

Cilvyn
2014-08-01, 04:54 PM
The blacksmith hears you and nods.

Aria, go and prepare the sleepingplace for our guests. Dad and these heroes need to talk. He kisses his girl goodnight and then speaks to you

Our freedom is indeed somethign I want, but I have never set a foot out of this village, I will have to leave everything I He hesitates for a moment I fear for this Pelor, people say he is a rightfull god, but if you disobey his wrath will come down upon you..It's not the first time people have felt his wrath..

He bows a little closer to you. I don't know what darkness you speak of, but if there is darkness here, it is this Pelor, although they call him the Lord of Light..

Teapot Salty
2014-08-02, 10:50 AM
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow muses Rogan. He decides not to tell the wizard of his own indecision. That said, it is never smart to defy a god, and if leaving does just that, than you shouldn't. Besides, you don't seem to want to anyway. The only path I see is to make this.... lord change his mind

Ghost49X
2014-08-02, 11:20 AM
Keldvin chuckles at Rogan's musings "Oh leaving won't draw you the ire of the the Sun Father, I can't say the same for his clergy though. There is a considerable difference between his teachings and what some of his faithful preach, more than a few of them use his power towards their own ends. It is said that the Sun Father is only wrathful towards the forces of evil. Other gods unless they wish evil on to this world do not bother him much, his clergy however gain power when ever a new believer converts to their flock and lose an equal amount when people turn away. In this regards I suspect the reason behind the zeal of his followers is entirely political. In this I see the shadow you speak of, some of his less than selfless faithful seeking to use his light to hide their own misdeeds." Keldvin thinks back to the religious texts he once studied out of curiosity, the truth and lies they contained and the meaning between the lines.

Irish Musician
2014-08-02, 03:14 PM
Wildfire sips her wine as she listens to the conversation, brain wheels turning. The blacksmith then sends his daughter away and talks frankly about the Lord and Pelor. " I am pretty sure Pelor himself is a just and good god.....at least Avandra sees him as an ally. But the followers don't always do the right thing in the name of their god, nor do they always follow his teachings, but more a misguided version of it." Wildfire finishes the rest of her wine with a gulp, "This Lord will be hearing about today's evil acts, as well as explaining himself for past wrongs. Lord or not.....you do not get to torture people for no good reason and claim it is the will of the gods. Lets see if his god will protect him from my fire." Her eyes glow red with fire for a moment, and then turn back to their normal state.

Cilvyn
2014-08-04, 11:20 AM
The blacksmith nods hearing your opinion on the matter.

maybe lord Ferewin will hear you, I don't know. he mostly is not every trusting to strangers, or actually not towards anyone he sighs and shakes his head Times have changed.. it used to be such a peacefull village.. look at it now

But please my friends, you look tired. My daughter should be done preparing the haystack. I am sorry i cannot offer you more, but at least you got a comfortable place to sleep. it's dry and warm there

He stands up when you are finnished eating and guides you to the back of the house. There is a wooded shed. It's made of strong wood and when you enter it is indeed dry and even a little warm. there are some blankets spread out so you can sleep comfortably on the hay.

Ghost49X
2014-08-04, 12:52 PM
Keldvin
The Wizard nods at the blacksmith "Thank you for your hospitality. But this Lord is unlikely to appreciate his men returning to him empty handed, all probability points to the guards returning in force before morning comes around. If you would seek to leave, I would do so now before things get rather... complicated."

Teapot Salty
2014-08-04, 07:03 PM
Indeed Rogan says. I think that I will forgo a nights sleep in favor of ensuring that we are not ambushed in the night. He does not want, as he said, to get ambushed. And the thought of sleeping on hay is slightly unfavorable.

GPuzzle
2014-08-04, 08:26 PM
"I think that you should get moving. They can't catch you if you're not here."

Ghost49X
2014-08-04, 09:16 PM
Keldvin takes a deep breath "I second that. I know it might be hard to leave your home, but you have to think of your family first."

Irish Musician
2014-08-04, 11:37 PM
"I am not one to run out on a fight, but I think the best way for you and your daughter to find peace is it get out of here. I would give you some gold to get you started, but mine is all gone at the moment. Anyone else feel like putting up some gold to help these two get out of here and start anew?"

Ghost49X
2014-08-05, 12:03 AM
Keldvin nods "I'm fine with sharing some of what I have, but they need to leave now. Ms Dran, if you can draw up a crude map to help them get to the location you mentioned I will help them pack. I also have half a mind to escort them for a day or so out of the village, besides those guards will be looking for us and we don't know anything about this village yet. It would be a good thing to let the heat boil off and sneak back in." With that, Keldvin stands up and looks at the Blacksmith "Please, it's for your own good."

Irish Musician
2014-08-05, 12:14 AM
Wildfire gets a smirk on her face and she chuckles, "Oh trust me. If they leave, I can give 'em a nice distraction so that the guards come to me, and not to them." She ends with a wink, the end of her first finger sparking alight with fire.

Ghost49X
2014-08-05, 10:35 AM
Keldvin chuckles at the halfling's offer "Yes, but we still don't know much about this town, the guards and it's Lord and what they're going to show up with when they come back. And since they know how many we are, and maybe even an idea of what some of us can do, when they do show up it will be with enough people to overpower us. If the Lord sends anything less due to his arrogance then his men are likely to desert instead..."

GPuzzle
2014-08-05, 11:32 AM
"They know about the Halfling and the Shifter. They do not know about us, uhm... Keldvin, that's it, right?"

Cilvyn
2014-08-05, 12:39 PM
The blacksmith thinks deep and hard.

If you are so certain I should make haste and pack my most precious belongings. Please come back inside. you can have my house and use my beds if you please. I just don;t want to get you in any trouble due to my and my daughters disapearence, so I understand if you rahter sleep somewhere else. He seems to think for a while and then nod and paces back to the house.

(If you choose to come with him he will take enough food for a few days, some money and items like sheets, his blacksmith tools and more things and after an hour he is ready to leave.. If you choose to stay outside or even leave, the blacksmith will come outside after an hour backed with his belongings on a small wooden cart that you can pull with your hands. he daughter is sleeping on the cart wrapped in some blankets.)

Ghost49X
2014-08-05, 12:54 PM
Keldvin nods at Olivia "They may or may not know about us, but it would be better that they don't for now." turning towards the blacksmith Keldvin tilts his head to the side "Do you happen to know of anyone else in this town that has little love for how things are currently being run? Perhaps a trustworthy neighbor, someone who could hide us for a few days? Otherwise I say we go with him, what about the rest of you?"

(Unless someone else has a plan Keldvin will help the Blacksmith and his daughter pack using prestidigitation to do so with a telekinetic touch (at least for light items))

Irish Musician
2014-08-06, 09:04 AM
"I can't leave this place knowing there is someone like that Lord in charge here. Neither can I ask someone else to hide us and put them in danger as well. We have done enough damage to this poor blacksmith without having to uproot yet another family." Wildfire checks the window to make sure no one is coming, watching for guards. "I say we get the blacksmith on his way and distract anyone who might come here. It wouldn't take much for some guards on horses to overtake these two, but if we are here giving them a distraction, they won't know where they went and won't be able to catch up with them until it is too late."

Cilvyn
2014-08-06, 02:42 PM
The blacksmith shakes of your hands and bows before the ladies, kissing the hand of wildfire. He thanks you again for your heroic rescue. then they disapear in the night. the back of the cart with the girl sleeping on it is the last thing you see before the become invisible in the dark.

The moon apears betwee nthe clouds as it has stopped raining.

Ghost49X
2014-08-06, 02:59 PM
Keldvin
When the blacksmith shakes his hand Keldvin gives him a few coins "to help you start a new life. May we meet again under better circumstances." He smiles compassionately.

(OOC: I've given him 9 gold and I'm now left with 25gp)

Teapot Salty
2014-08-06, 10:46 PM
Rogan shakes the blacksmiths hand awkwardly and mumbles his well wishes. Looking over to wildfire he says: You want to pay a visit to that lord don't you?

Irish Musician
2014-08-06, 11:23 PM
Wildfire pour another bit of wine in her glass, after saying goodbye to the blacksmith and his daughter, and a smirk comes onto her face and she chuckles. "I don't want to visit him.....but more wait for his lackies to come to us. If we can distract them here and stop them from seeing the blacksmith and his daughter, their assumption will be that he is still here. That will give them more time to escape." She takes a long drink from her wine and sets it back down. Wildfire then starts to draw all the curtains to make it look as though someone is home, and not wanting people to see into the house. She then takes a station at a window that gives her a full view of where the guards would be coming from.

Ghost49X
2014-08-06, 11:51 PM
Keldvin
The wizard looks at the halfling muttering "are you serious?" in shock before regaining his composure. "Very well, I will be inside then. Let me know if something comes up or you change your minds." he walks towards the door waving his hand at them. Once inside he takes off his cloak and shakes off the rain, adds a log or two to the hearth and then sets off for one of the rooms intending to take a nap while he still could.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-07, 12:54 PM
Rogan rolls his eyes and joins the others, drawing his halberd, frost crackling on the blade.

Cilvyn
2014-08-07, 05:17 PM
Wherever you are it remains silent. There aren't people coming at least not for the next hour. So if you are still outside you have the option to go inside and go to sleep. Or stay awake, maybe keep watch. that's up to you.

GPuzzle
2014-08-07, 05:40 PM
Olivia takes her boots off, carefully guards her rapier somewhere safe, makes a short prayer and goes to sleep.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-07, 07:43 PM
I offered to guard and so I will Rogan says to the room at large. Get some sleep

Cilvyn
2014-08-09, 12:52 PM
After several hours the sun rises and you hear birds wake and start to sing. Then after a while you hear hard knocking on the door.

You here the same voice as the captain of last night. Open the door in the name of Lord Fereswin. Step out without your weapons, murderders! Come out now and you will have a fair trail, refuse and die here!

Irish Musician
2014-08-09, 12:56 PM
Wildfire bolts up, awake, at the knock of the door. "Who the hell are you, and what do you mean murderers? I'll open up after you answer my questions!" Wildfire gets out her dagger and holds it at the ready, and starts moving the table in front of the door, as well as anything that is in the immediate area nearby.

Ghost49X
2014-08-09, 01:02 PM
Keldvin looks up from his spell book he was reading at the kitchen table. Without a word he closes his book, drops it into his bag then stands up and walks over to those still sleeping gently shaking them awake, whispering "Guards are here" if anyone doesn't clue in. Afterwards he helps Rogan equip his armor, him being the only one with anything heavier than leather.

Cilvyn
2014-08-09, 01:20 PM
The blacksmith and his daughter. You murdered them and made the mistake of staying a night too long, But we found your cart with the stolen good from the blacksmith. It's a good thing you are stupid enough to stay here so we can have justice! he bangs again at the door Come outside and answer for your crimes!

GPuzzle
2014-08-09, 01:22 PM
"Leave it to me. Wildfire, get everyone out of here. Keldvin, the guards do not know about you. I'll guard my rapier, and try to look like I'm a person from nearby. I've got a plan."

Irish Musician
2014-08-09, 02:42 PM
Wildfire smirks, "Doesn't sound to me like they are wanting to 'talk it out' with anyone. I suspect that anyone in this house will be branded a murderer." She looks over at Olivia, "And I don't tend to run away from fights. Chances are they killed them both and now are blaming it on us. If this is the case, they are corrupt and need to be taken out anyway. Avandra doesn't look too kindly on people who want to throws others in jail on false pretenses........or for murdering them in cold blood." As Wildfire talks the room starts to grow much warmer and her hands starts to glow with fire. "The Captain is not going to like what is about to come hurdling his way....because I don't think I can keep it contained any longer......." Wildfire starts to shake some, indicative that both her emotions and her powers are starting to boil over. "Might as well aim them at someone who deserves it." Wildfire pokes her head and hand out of the door, "Come and get us you lying, murderous bastards!! They were innocents and you killed them to spite us?! You and your Lord shall BURN!!!!" Her hand then explodes with fire that goes hurdling towards the Captain. She then pokes her head back into the house and shrugs at the others, "Run if you want to, but I am not leaving until these *******s pay for the innocent blood that they have split."

Actions
Standard - Explosive Pyre on the Captain vs Ref
Damage - [roll2d8+8 24, fire damage +2 Crit Damage. Until the start of your next turn, any enemy that enters a square adjacent to the target or starts its turn there takes [roll1] fire damage. An enemy can take this damage only once per turn.

Initiative [roll2]

Cilvyn
2014-08-09, 04:50 PM
Here is the Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1laYpfqNUWUSn0tPDteE5EAbmtP3OU_8br-9d7BZQg1M/edit#gid=0) for this encounter

You can roll for initiative, or take a surprize round. I leave the option for you after Wildfire did her action you still have the moment of surprize. Please put yourself on the map where you are. (IF you want combat ofcourse. Again everything is up to you, I won;t railroad you into anything)

Arrgg!!! The captain gets burned pretty badly in his face We killed them? Are you crazy? You realy think we would kill our own civilians? The lord wanted to marry this girl not rip her body apart and burn her father to ash! He groans trying to ease the pain of his burns.

Irish Musician
2014-08-09, 10:22 PM
Wildfire yells back, "Well we sure as hell didn't kill them, we wanted them to get away from that corrupt Lord of yours! Last we saw them they were alive and well, with their thanks to us and our gold in their pocket! And by Avandra I'll be dead before you take my freedom for not only something we didn't do, but trying to help people who were being oppressed!!!"

Cilvyn
2014-08-10, 11:48 AM
hrr.. Alright. So if You didn't kill her and incinerated her father. Then how do you explain their deaths? you hear him mumble to the other guards Stand down, maybe this is nto what we think it is
Don;t you think it is a bit suspicious you use fire and the fact is that fire is the cause of death of the blacksmith? Plus you act rather agressivly for someone who is innocent.

He waits a bit and then continue.

Okay, let's make a deal. I know we started off pretty bad yesterday. I am just a man following orders. I am not saying I enjoy what I do. The blacksmith was a friend of mine.

He comes closer to the door and knocks again. the other guards back off a bit.

Let's make a deal. Please come outside and take a walk to the place where it happened. If you are truly innocent you can maybe help me find whoever did it?

The captain seems friendly and really willing to talk and sort this out in a diplomatic way.

GPuzzle
2014-08-10, 12:24 PM
"Let me deal with it, I don't want us all to end up in jail."

Olivia opens the door, seeing if there's anyone else looking at the blacksmith's cabin besides the guards, and speak to the Captain:

"I'm sorry, the Halfling is pretty insane. So, they were found dead... Seems like here's a lot more than what meets the eye here. We did not do it, at least not me, and I'm pretty sure the Mage here didn't do it too, he seems a bit cold to me."

Irish Musician
2014-08-10, 12:29 PM
Wildfire calls after Olivia, "Oh trust me, we would not go to jail."

She listens to Olivia talk to the Captain and stands right behind her, "Plus, the only people in this place that know I use fire are you and your men you had last night. No one else knows me here!" And under her breath to Olivia, "Call me insane again and we shall have a problem...."

Insight Check on the Captain, to see if he is being truthful [roll0]

Teapot Salty
2014-08-10, 08:07 PM
Rogan stands in the corner of the entryway, listening to this as it is going on, and swearing loudly as the apparently nuts halfing lights a guards face on fire. Here's the plan, half-breed Rogan says to the half elf. Open the door, than get behind me. His reasoning being that it is better to be behind a wolfish man covered with metal who can walk someone over the head with a big wood and metal stick, and not need to be, than to need to be, and not be.

GPuzzle
2014-08-10, 09:38 PM
"I want to still be alive by the end of the week, thank you very much. Keldvin, help me search for an exit. You seem to the sanest one around here."

Ghost49X
2014-08-10, 11:16 PM
Keldvin nods at Olivia, whispers "I'll check the back" and moves towards the rear windows. He checks the window, hoping for some way to open them without smashing anything.

[OOC: I also want to know if this building has thatch roofing as it was a fairly common roofing material back then]

Cilvyn
2014-08-12, 05:41 PM
Okay, I don't know you, but I want to find out who did this, and if you can help me solve this mystery I am willing to give you a chance.

Please come out, I will have my guards stand down and I will take you personally to the crime scene.

GPuzzle
2014-08-12, 05:53 PM
Olivia walks out, gloves visible from one pocket, rapier sheated - a symbol of peace from the lands she grew up, but that may not apply in here.

"Very well. Let's figure out what, exactly, happened, and why did it happen."

Irish Musician
2014-08-12, 06:07 PM
Wildfire gives the Captain a weary look, but steps out into the open. She puts her dagger away and the heat that followed her outside dies down and she seems to calm. "Sorry about the fire to the face and all. I don't have the best experience with guards and lawmen, so I am on the overly defensive side when it comes to you all." Wildfire's hands are the last to go out, smoking a little, "But we will find out who killed them, they were good people and didn't deserve this...let's go."

Teapot Salty
2014-08-12, 10:19 PM
Aye Rogan says Let's go

Cilvyn
2014-08-13, 08:28 AM
When you come outside you see the captain with his weapon lowered making known he has no intention of making trouble. The other guards stand a bit back behind the captain.

Please. Let's try to not make a fuzz. Come with me. It is in the south of the village near the forest. I'm sure you folks have much more knowledge about these kind of things. I have never seen something like this, it must be some kind of demon or angry spirit

He walks with you over the bridge past the church to the forest. You can see the 'crime scene' from a distance. The cart is demolished and you see crates shattered in about 10 feet radius around the cart. Then you see the body of the girl. she is barely recognizable. HEr body is ripped open and her limbs are torn off and lay alongside her. The blacksmith is not more than a blackened skeleton. the grass around it is burned. if you wouldn't know any better it looks like wildfire threw one of her most horrible fireballs at the poor man. You start to understand the suspicion of the guard captain.

Look at the poor bastards.. We are a realy quiet town but since a while strange things have been going on.. Luckily our lord lord protects us with the light of Pelor. otherwise we would be all dead already. The spirits are angry... I have no other explanation

He hesitates a bit when you approach the cart and he let you come closer first. making a fist and kissing his thumb Good lord, help us

Irish Musician
2014-08-13, 09:26 AM
Wildfire walk up onto the scene and her stomach turns. Growing up on the streets she has seen her fair share of awful scenes....but this one is by far the worst looking thing she has ever seen. Her rage starts to grow inside her and she walks past the scene as the temperature of the area starts to grow significantly. She squats and clasps her head, saying a prayer to Avandra that her aunt taught her to calm herself down. Once calm, she walks back over to the scene, wiping tears from her eyes and putting on her tough face again. "This is one of the worst killings I have ever seen, and I grew up where murder was a daily occurrence and not out of the norm...I swear to my goddess that I will find whoever did this and do to them tenfold what they did to these poor people." She then whispers, "We should have gone with them..." Wildfire holds her hands over the scene, open palmed, and starts to chant in elven. Her hands glow a deep red, not the same red as when she is in attack mode, as she continues to chant.

Arcana check to see if there are any remnants of magic or a demonic/evil presence [roll0]

Her Arcana isn't the best, due to her being a sorceress, but every little bit helps I guess!

Cilvyn
2014-08-15, 02:39 PM
So, if you didn't do this.. who or maybe I should say what did?

Irish Musician
2014-08-15, 02:59 PM
Wildfire's eyes shoot open at the Captain's question, "I sense otherworldly magics here......demon magic. There is something very dark around here." Wildfire looks around them, into the distance, hands at the ready.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-16, 12:24 AM
What would demons want with a blacksmith and his daughter? Rogan asks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like there is a lot more than meets the eye going on here.

Ghost49X
2014-08-16, 01:36 PM
As Keldvin walks around silently taking in the scene, a single tear falls down his cheek. Keldvin mutters to himself "This is only the beginning, I fear this will get much worst as the time passes..." looking up at the Captain "If demons were running around on their own, there would be much more than just this. I agree there must be much more going on."

Arcana check to see if I can learn anything more about the magic. [roll0]
Angels are opposed by devils, if this magic is similar to angles than we might be dealing with devils instead of demons (Devils come from the nine hells), where as demons are from the elemental chaos (in a region called the abyss) two different planes so if I roll high enough I might be able to see the difference. Devils are evil while demons are chaotic evil, unless our GM calls homebrew over all of this.

Religion check to see if I can identify any cult related clues. [roll1]

GPuzzle
2014-08-18, 06:01 PM
"So now it appears that one door closed, two windows opened: we've gone from "Who killed them" to "What killed them" and "Why would something so powerful kill them". Round up the usual suspects, we're doing an interrogation."

Cilvyn
2014-08-19, 06:13 AM
So there is something dark and sinister going on here...

Could you maybe come with us to the Lord and explain your vision on the matter? I am sure you can be of great help. Why are you here actually if I may ask?

The captain seems to trust you now, he signs the guards to go back to town and the captain himself acts really friendly. He doesn't wield a weapon anymore and seems to rely on your expertise here

GPuzzle
2014-08-19, 11:46 AM
"I am the daughter of Cordelia Dran. I came in here in search of my mother. I saw the confusion and I decided to help. Who am I kidding, I can't even help myself."

Irish Musician
2014-08-19, 11:56 AM
The Captain's relaxed posture seems to calm Wildfire a bit, and lets her walk around a little more at ease. "The Abbot sent some of us here to check out what has been going on around in this town. There have been stories of evil things going on.....and it seems they are well founded from the looks of things." Wildfire takes out a scroll given to her by the Abbot and hands it over to the Captain. "Here is out missive given to us by the Abbot. We are here on official business for the Capitol."

Teapot Salty
2014-08-19, 11:59 AM
And I myself Rogan begins Am simply traveling to where the shadows seem darkest

I can't believe we haven't cleared this yet, but does the party know each other?

Cilvyn
2014-08-23, 04:28 PM
Then you definatly have to see our Lord. If you come frmo the capitol. Why didn't tell us this from the start. Please mylords, Miladies Let me escort you to our lord.

The captain makes a slight bow and gesture you to come with him.

That's al up to you :)

GPuzzle
2014-08-23, 05:07 PM
"Yes, Captain.", says Olivia, performing a short salute.

She then whispers to Wildfire:

"Great, more nobles. At least I know how to deal with them."

Irish Musician
2014-08-23, 06:21 PM
"We didn't say anything because we were kind of busy....." Wildfire trails off but lets it go, "take us to your Lord. Maybe we can sort this whole thing out and get to the bottom of why all this bad stuff is happening around here."

Wildfire smirks at her companions comments and whispers back, "Heh, I know how to deal with them too. But let's try your way first. Sugar, not vinegar, and all that."

GPuzzle
2014-08-23, 06:37 PM
"I believe it's honey and gall, actually. Sorry if I'm being a smartass, I remember my teachers repeating that to me every single day. Annoying as hell, I tell ya."

Irish Musician
2014-08-23, 06:58 PM
A smirk grows on Wildfire's face, "Whichever it is, you better do the talking. My talking tends to end with things being burned down." She winks at Olivia and starts to walk with the others following the Captain.

Cilvyn
2014-08-24, 05:20 PM
The captain takes you to the church you just passed by. It is a modest buidling but clearly renovated and now clearly dedicated to Pelor. Sun symbols are carved in the walls and even though it is day there are torches everywhere

The captain puts his finger aginst his lips letting you know to be quiet when he as silently a spossible opens the main door and steps in. He gestures you to follow him inside. There are benches on each side of the churxh so you can walk in between towards the altar. There dressed in a shining golden yellow outfit you see a fragile, small and not very friendly looking man. He must be in his mid twenties with a pointy face. He is lost in thought and seems to be praying.

The captain makes a couching sound to let the lord know he is there. You see the lord frown annoyed with his eyes closed. For a moment you think you see the fire in the touches burn higher, btu then the lord opens his eyes, stands up and comes walking towards you with open arms. A friendly smile on his face makes the man you just saw like an illusion.

Welcome, welcome. First of all my apologies for recent events. Please mourn with me the death of my betrothed and her father, poor souls
The lords eyes look sad and maked a fist and kisses his thumb. That Pelor may welcome them in his eternal light.

GPuzzle
2014-08-24, 06:23 PM
"As a member of the Fae Citadel of Drannyr, I welcome you, lord... I don't think I caught your name. Care to say it?", says Olivia, slightly bowing and readying up her hand for a handshake.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-24, 08:32 PM
Rogan stands still, behind the rest of the group, hoping to go unnoticed until he can make a decision on where he stands.

Irish Musician
2014-08-24, 11:26 PM
Wildfire stands behind Olivia and thinks to herself, Ha, betrothed. More like girl he picked out to be his slave. She does not say anything, knowing that if she did she might piss off the Lord.

Cilvyn
2014-08-25, 05:47 AM
My name is Ferewin Crowen, son of Forodin and lord of Valandale and it's surrounding lands. He bows a little and looks at all of you for a brief moment of introduction.

The captain steps foreward and whispers something in the lord's ear.

I hear you come from the capitol to spread the light of Pelor. That is wonderful news. There are dark things going on here in this village. Please meet me at my castle in one hour. There is so much to tell.

The lord walks out and the captain salutes.

(You can do whatever you want for the next hour, or longer if you decline his invitation)

Teapot Salty
2014-08-26, 02:48 PM
Alright everyone, move in for a second Rogan says, motioning with his hands for the group to huddle so he can speak to them.