PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Last 5 levels.

Tvtyrant
2014-07-28, 02:05 PM
My current Chameleon build I have been working on is broken down in the spoiler. Pretty normal, uses floating feat on the days off for extra spell (arcane magic) and item crafting. Healing himself with tomb tainted soul between fights, persists buffs on himself during combat days and uses long term buffs (Greater Luminous Armor for instance.)

Race: Illumian (Naenhoon, floating divine metamagic 2/day starting at level 2)
Level 1: Cleric 1: Able Learner feat, Planning and Undeath Domains (Spell compendium.) +4 turn attempts
Level 2: Factotum 1
Level 3: Factotum 2, Extra Turning feat (+4 turn attempts.)
Level 4: Factotum 3 (Int to everything.)
Level 5: Dread Necromancer 1 (+4 turn attempts.)
Level 6: Chameleon 1 (Access to 1st and 2nd arcane and divine spells, however not at the same time.) Tomb Tainted Soul feat.
Level 7: Chameleon 2 (Floating bonus feat, additional second level spell.)
Level 8: Chameleon 3 (3rd level spells, mimic class feature (+1 turn undead.)
Level 9: Chameleon 4 (+2 floating bonus to ability score, Persistent Spell metamagic feat.)
Level 10: Chameleon 5 (4th level spells.)
Level 11: Chameleon 6 (Mimic Class Feature 2/day.)
Level 12: Chameleon 7 (Double Aptitude, Ability Boon +4, 5th level spells, feat slot)
Level 13: Chameleon 8 (Rapid Refocus)
Level 14: Chameleon 9 (Mimic Class Feature 3/day, 6th level spells.)
Level 15: Chameleon 10 (Ability boon +6, aptitude focus 3/day at +4.)

This leaves me with 5 levels that I am not sure what to do with. Practiced Manifester Ardent came to mind, but that would only get me to 5th level powers at level 20. Ur-Priest is out, and has the same issue of not adding much to the character anyway.

I am looking for a 5 level dip, preferably in a prestige class that would add to my abilities as a jack of all trades. Worst case scenario I go Wildshape Ranger 5 for the wildshape, but I am hoping for a better option.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-28, 02:07 PM
Five more Factotum levels will get you to 8th in that and an extra standard action per round.

Tvtyrant
2014-07-28, 02:15 PM
And the obvious answer as always was right in front of me... Thanks Biffoniacus_Furiou.

There are also a few feats that I don't know what to do with. Extra turn undead attempts?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-28, 02:54 PM
Font of Inspiration (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606) is a good choice if you can get it at least three times.

You shouldn't need Extra Turning more than once, since you can put Craft Rod on your floating feat and make Night Sticks. Be sure you're using the Rebuke Dragons ACF in Dragon Magic for Cleric, since it can power divine feats. That plus Rebuke Undead from Dread Necro and Turn Undead from Factotum gives you three pools of turn uses, each of which will benefit from Extra Turning and Night Sticks.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-28, 03:06 PM
I think Biffoniacus_Furiou is giving you good advice about going factotum but you could also use heroics to qualify for Mot9 and grab a ton of maneuvers at decent IL...

Tvtyrant
2014-07-28, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure how that works. Wouldn't you lose access when the spell wore off?

Ellowryn
2014-07-28, 09:04 PM
Thats the point, you would persist multiple heroics to qualify every day while you level, and then once you get enough maneuvers to self qualify you can spend your turn attempts somewhere else. Cheesy, but mostly works by RAW.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-28, 09:23 PM
ToB lacks the clause that you lose class features from prestige classes that you no longer qualify for so you just need to have the Heroics active when you get into the prestige class.

bekeleven
2014-07-28, 09:29 PM
Also consider a marshal dip, or 3 levels in swashbuckler if going Int SAD. Although it's hard to argue with factotum.

For feats, consider Academic Priest from LotT for Int-based bonus spells on chameleon's divine casting, and Keen Intellect for int to will saves, heal, sense motive, spot, and survival (instead of wis).