PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Adventure Two

jedipotter
2014-07-28, 03:29 PM
The current year is 1313 Dale Reckoning. The Year of the Shattered Oak.

It is Elient, and the Vast are in the midst of Autumn. The Autumn Equinox is nearly upon us, after which Faerun will see the winter. The climate is currently normal for this season - dry and cool during the day, damp and cold at night. Light rainfall mixed with flurries on the colder days.

The village of Dark Hollow is currently getting ready for the Autumn Equinox festival, and have just finished a successful harvest. The village is bustling with life on this, Market Day.

You can proceed and place your character somewhere in the vicinity of Dark Hollow. Remember to include as much information and background as you can.

(Jormengand), Fintos, Gen13 Sib1 Fighterson, Benedict, and Sarth this is your thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364335-Bizarre-Adventure-Two%28OOC%29&p=17849466#post17849466

Tetraplex
2014-07-28, 03:59 PM
Staresoffintospacesometimesitellyouthatboy'Sgoingt okillusallsomedayohyouknoweriks'Son sighs and rubs his eyes blearily. The book he had purchased from the nearby town yesterday had promised insight into the spellcraft of Aballister Bonaduce, infamous for his Chaos Curse. Of course, it had been foolish to believe anything of true import could have been found in such a hamlet, despite its promising location for forbidden secrets to be kept. Snuffing out the small candle on the table, the gnome stretches slightly and turns the latch on the door, exiting the abandoned cabin. A walk through the woods will be needed, I think. Clear mind, then full stomach later, those are priority, he said to no one in particular as he strolled off, contemplating whether to pass through the town on his way.

Am I doing it right? This is my first pbp.

Sartharina
2014-07-28, 05:52 PM
Sarth was walking down the path to the village, her step as light as her spirit and voice as she sang out happily in the language of the pixies, nymphs, dryads and satyrs, her song carrying up through the canopy of the forest. The woman was an absolutely beautiful hybrid of human and feline features, with soft, lightly-spotted fur covering her body and protecting her from the sun, heat, chill, and other discomforts nature liked to stick on others, and a slender, athletic body almost as lovely as a nymphs - yet much easier and less lethal on the eyes than those fickle creatures. In fact, given her unclad figure, it could be considered enrapturing. She was clearly at least half-Tabaxi, but her rich, lightly-spotted fur was much thinner, and instead of the fierce, inhuman visage of an animal, her face was more delicate and humanlike. She was as naked as the day she was born, and seemed to be about as carefree, looking around and singing her song, with a gentle leap in her stride. However, a glimpse of her only piece of equipment should have been enough to warn anyone off of trying to take advantage of her or underestimate her - She carried a massive, reinforced shield in one hand, with six spears strapped to its back, most of them Javelins weighted for throwing.

On the road ahead, the cheerful, naked half-tabaxigirl spotted a short little gnome on the road, and she called out to him, "Hello little man! Are you going to the village too?" she asked him, skipping up behind him and letting her song die off.

(And if he does turn around to look at her - DC 13 will save to avoid being Fascinated by her bou- Err.. beauty!)

Vhaidara
2014-07-28, 07:21 PM
Gen13 Sib1 Fighterson appears in a clap of thunder in front of the nekkid catgirl.

Shouldn't we also have an OoC thread? Also, I'm going to edit in a bit more once he fails his save. At least, I hope he fails his save. That reaction is more conducive towards party formation than if he is actually free to do as he pleases.

And I just realized that, in a stroke of irony that make perfect sense for the paragon of humanity, he's completely naked as well.

Will Save: [roll0]

The emaciated, hideously ugly, and completely naked man stares at Sarth, drooling. Clearly interested in her "beauty"

dextercorvia
2014-07-28, 11:39 PM
A cart rolls down the dirt road, pulled by a single mule. The cart is laden with barrels of festive lubricant, and on the top of the heap is a jolly fat man. Benedict has the top of his head shaved, like all of his brothers -- although there was stubble starting to show on his pate. He has a big red nose, and bushy brown hair, just over his ears and around the back. More bushy brown hair perches on the prodigious ridge he calls a brow. He wears a simple brown robe, tied at the waist with a belt. A crossbow rides on the seat next to him. You can never be too careful with the brew.

Brother Benedict was on his way to the festival of the equinox. He knew that his cargo, the finest ale he had yet made, would be met with more cheers than the old man with fireworks he had passed a day ago. That old fool would probably be late for the festival. Still, it would not do to be too prideful. Pride carries one before Orcus, after all. The monk makes a sign against evil.

Lost in thought, he came near to an odd collection of travelers, without bidding them hello. Quickly, the monk remedied that lapse. Oi! I see nekkid ones and short ones, are you part of an acting troupe come for the fair? I'm Brother Benedict.

Jormengand
2014-07-29, 07:56 AM
is sitting on a nearby tree stump, sighing to herself as she watches this go down. She sneaks a look at the naked catgirl...

[roll0] DC 13

...and blushes profusely, unable to tear her eyes from the beautiful girl. has seen a lot of naked girls in her time, but none quite so beautiful as this. She finally manages to tear her eyes away, hoping against hope that the catgirl is too busy being offended or at least unnerved by the gawping fighter to take notice of .

dextercorvia
2014-07-29, 09:22 AM
I didn't realize there was something to save against -- I don't memorize the other party characters. Will Save[roll0]

Sartharina
2014-07-29, 09:52 AM
Finding herself the center of attention, Sarth seemed... unusually NOT put-off by the suddenly-appearing naked... was that a man? He was so small it took her a moment to conclude one way or the other. Sure, she was repulsed by how awful-looking he was at first, but then her better nature took over and she realized it wasn't his fault nature seemed to curse him to be the ugliest and least masculine guy in the world.

"We're going to the festival, I think, but we're not a travelling troupe... yet, at least!" Sarth answered the entranced monk on the cart, jumping up and down and waving to him. I'm Sarth, a bard trained by the nymphs and satyrs of the forest themselves!" she introduced herself, and invites herself onto the monk's cart, climbing up onto it, sitting beside the man, and draping an arm around his shoulders.

dextercorvia
2014-07-29, 04:45 PM
Benedict stares dumbfounded as the furry lass sits on the crossbow. Unfortunately, since he is facinated, the monk is unable to take any action to prevent it.

jedipotter
2014-07-29, 05:01 PM
Dark Hollow is a small village and named for the valley it is in, which was shaded by many trees.

To your left, you see a simple wooden watchtower. It is about 40 feet tall, with four wooden legs, and a small hut at the top. An old, worn rope ladder lays on the ground, and looks like at one time it was leading up to an open trapdoor in the floor of the tower. At this time there is no obvious way into the tower except to scale the legs of it. But it appears to be unoccupied. To the right of your location you can see what is obvously a campsite that sees occasionaly use. A large fire pit is in the middle, with a sizeable stack of wood. It doesn't appear that this site is used often, perhaps a few times a year at best, but you can tell that it has seen use within the past couple of months.

Jormengand
2014-07-30, 07:11 AM
As the catgirl wraps her arm around the monk, and the others do generally stupid things, it falls upon , the only one of any intellect, to state the obvious.

"This is so stupid."

She sighs, and sits on the edge of the cart, contemplating how to get herself out of this mess.

dextercorvia
2014-07-30, 11:14 AM
The monk sits fascinated -- still unable to perform any action, or even notice the scenery.

I think Sarth figured out a pretty good way to disrupt a campaign. Benedict can't even drive the cart that everyone seems keen on sitting on.

Vhaidara
2014-07-30, 11:18 AM
The Paragon of Humanity stands in the road in front of the cart, still resplendent and drooling.

Sartharina
2014-07-30, 12:28 PM
Actually, Sarth managed to avoid sitting on the crossbow, and her touch shook the monk of of his entranced reverie. "Oh, sorry about that. I kinda tend to have that effect on people," she giggled, and noticed... everyone else was ALSO staring at her. That wouldn't do. So, she draws one of her javelins, and hoists it up as though she were going to throw it at the mysterious other woman, then the weird guy standing in front of them.

Jormengand
2014-07-30, 12:56 PM
takes out her morningstar, and whistles a dry tune. "Surely you wouldn't be considering throwing that at anyone, would you? It would be such a shame if I had to wipe you from the face of the universe."

dextercorvia
2014-07-30, 02:06 PM
When the cat drew a javelin, Benedict suddenly remembered his manners. Here, let me move that bow. He set it under the seat. Anyone who'd like a ride, hop in. That emaciated fellow looks like he's gonna fall over any moment. Oh, please lassies, put your weapons away. I doubt there will be any trouble this close to town.

Vhaidara
2014-07-30, 02:13 PM
Sib1 keeps drooling and staring.

You think that a javelin, wielded by a woman is going to threaten him? Or that he'd be smart enough to realize that?

Jormengand
2014-07-30, 03:33 PM
sighs, and waves her morningstar at Fighterson. "All in favour of me whacking the dork round the face with this, say aye."

dextercorvia
2014-07-30, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't. I didn't place it at first, but that gaunt hideous figure, that complete lack of thought or willpower... I think that is one of the Fighterson clan. The greatest human warriors, according to legend, and virile. Don't look at the lad directly, women have gotten impregnated for less. The last bit is chanted, as Benedict is quoting from a bard song that some of his brothers had set to a high chant.

Vhaidara
2014-07-30, 09:25 PM
The morningstar seems to snap him out of it, though he tries to pass it off as the knowledge of his ancestry
Good. Know Fightersons. Me Gen13 Sib1. Which first?
He looks at the two women when he asks the question.

jedipotter
2014-07-30, 10:38 PM
A loud thump comes from down the road, as five large bright pink reptiles approch. Each is about twenty feet long, about half of that long neck and tail. Each has a pair of large wings. Each has a saddle and tackings, and is being ridden buy a gnome also dressed in bright pink clothing.

"Pardon us, but come see us at the fair!" says the one gnome in front and they move past down the road.

dextercorvia
2014-07-30, 11:07 PM
Oi, I thought you lot would be the oddest sight of the day. Hop up here Gen and you too, gnome. Let's have your name. Mine is Benedict. When everyone gets situated, he clucks at the mule, and gives the reins a shake to get him started.

Sartharina
2014-07-31, 03:57 PM
OOC: Whatever happened to Tetraplex?

Sarth listened to the monk's warning about the Fighterson clan, and seemed visibly disappointed that the person in front of them failed to live up to their purported legend. Ehhm... you wouldn't happen to have any better-looking brothers, would you?" she asked nervously to the naked man, trying not to be too impolite about his repulsive appearance.

As the gnomes approached on lizardback, the catgirl stood up and turned around to face them, waving and greeting them cheerfully. "I hope too!" she called out to them. "I'll be there too, singing and dancing!"

Vhaidara
2014-07-31, 04:03 PM
Fighterson farts. It almost knocks him flat onto his face.
Gen13 Sib1 best human. You first?

Jormengand
2014-07-31, 04:08 PM
"I re-iterate my earlier question about whacking the dork in the face. Unless anyone else would like to do the honours?"

has no time for stupid fighters. She wonders idly whether the females of the Fighterson clan are actually better fighters than the males, and it is just the fact that they are constantly multiply pregnant that prevents them from proving it.

Sartharina
2014-07-31, 08:02 PM
"Didn't you just talk about how you can remove him from existence? I think that might be a more merciful option for him..." Sarth said to .

Vhaidara
2014-07-31, 08:05 PM
Fighterson shuffles towards the cart.
Fine. Both same time.

dextercorvia
2014-07-31, 09:43 PM
Not in my cart! You could ruin my brew! You lot wait till we stop and do your fighting and tussling under a tree like regular folks.

Jormengand
2014-08-01, 05:52 AM
"Rest assured, brother, that I had no intention of doing any such tussling, whether under a tree or in a cart. Though, this whole wiping him from the face of the universe thing is becoming more and more tempting by the second."

smirks. "Hey, Fighterson! You want to know who's first? Try your own hand, 'cause that's all you're getting to keep you company."

jedipotter
2014-08-01, 09:30 PM
The Dark Hollow Fall Fair is in full swing as you approch the village. Folks from all over have come to see the fair. Of note, you see lots of Fey creatures, pixies, sprites, and such. Even a heard of centaurs. There are plenty of people selling food, and all sorts of items. A large grassy area is roped off for the cow plop and lots of people are already making bets.

Sartharina
2014-08-02, 03:12 PM
Sarth is absolutely ecstatic about the fair... until she remembers humans like money, and she doesn't have any yet.

However... before she goes too far, she decides to stick around with Brother Benedict, offering to help him set his goods up and get situated with the fair in repayment of giving her the lift. "If you don't have other arrangements with the community, should we try setting up our own show?"" she offered and requested. If he accepted, Sarth would spend the early part of the fair bringing attention to Benedict's wares and services, and using his cart/booth to get her performance as an attraction worth tipping, instead of merely being another summer-addled fey caught up in the passion and excitement of the festival. She'd also take the time to try to get to know Benedict and better (Nobody cares about Fighterson, whom she'll try to lead off somewhere he won't be traumatizing to others trying to enjoy the fair, and leave him alone and confused).

After a while, though, she'd go to enjoy the fair herself, possibly taking with her if she was interested, leaving her shield and javelins entrusted with Benedict. She intended to visit the troupe they met on the road, excited to see what spectacular exhibition the fabulously-dressed gnomes and color-coordinated lizards would display. She'd also mingle with and mooch off of attractive and affluent patrons of the fair, possibly gaining treats, favors, and tokens of appreciation for the pleasure of her company. While her appearance and demeanor are certainly exciting, passionate, and forward, she avoids being crass, lewd, or otherwise socially indecent, and ensures she earns the trust and approval of both members of any couple she approached. Sarth also kept an eye out for Satyr revelers among the fey. With luck, she could form a troupe with other artists, and put on an absolutely dazzling performance by the evening.

dextercorvia
2014-08-02, 04:46 PM
Benedict was a practical sort, so he was more than happy to accept Sarth's help unloading his cart, and later unloading his ale, one mug at a time. I think with someone as persuasive as you filling the mugs, we can charge a gold each. Would 20% of the take seem reasonable for your assistance? Benedict was happy to offer that amount, knowing that he would still make close to double his usual amount.

Once he sold out, he wandered the fair to see the sights.

I have 10 gallons of ale, it is 8 mugs to the gallon per the PHB, is it reasonable to assume I sell all 80 mugs worth with time to enjoy some of the sights?

jedipotter
2014-08-02, 11:59 PM
Benedict has no problem selling out his stock.

dextercorvia
2014-08-03, 01:43 AM
With the last drop of ale gone, Benedict counts out 16 gold coins for Sarth, and pockets the rest. Thanks again, for your help. Plenty of time left for some fun. I'm off to find the singers. The monk loads the empty barrels back on his cart, checks to make sure his mule has enough feed, and heads off into the fair.

jedipotter
2014-08-05, 04:15 AM
At the far end of the fairgrounds is a small wooden booth with a single gnome sitting in side. The sign says ''help me save the town, but the word town has an X through it. The next to that the word Vast has an X through it. And finally it is written world.

All of the fair folk seem to be ignoring the gnome....

dextercorvia
2014-08-05, 09:39 PM
Benedict approached the gnome's booth. Friend gnome, I can't help but notice that your sign has seen better days. I have some scribing experience. For a small fee I would be happy to recopy it so you could attract more interest.

jedipotter
2014-08-08, 06:59 PM
"Oh, well met! Um, the sign? Eh, I'm a bit short on coin. What I really, really, really need is some help....to, er, save the world. Um, you would not want to help save the world would you?" Says the gnome.

Vhaidara
2014-08-08, 07:11 PM
Fighterson waddles over.
Save world. Best Fighter.

jedipotter
2014-08-08, 07:43 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle "Yes, yes, save the world....from a dragon! I'm Glinbus Grindspindle. I'm glad someone finaly wants to help.

So, there is this green dragon, Beccariipoicephalus, and she is asleep. Long, long ago in the before time, she was a great destroier of cities and people and such. But the elves defeated her. They tricked her into going into a cave and then put her into a magic sleep. Where she has been for many years. Well, I kinda found the cave by accident while digging for gems. Though I did not know what I found at the time. It was all trapped so I got together a group of gnomes. We got through the traps, and then I was betrayed. Donkwick Wobblespanner, my ex-pal, stole the magic wind chime that kept the dragon asleep. So without the wind chime, the dragon is slowly waking up. We gotta get the wind chime back and quick....before the dragon wakes up." "

Vhaidara
2014-08-08, 07:46 PM
Fighterson looks slack jawed at the gnome.
No chime. Kill dragon.

jedipotter
2014-08-08, 08:11 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle Er, um, yes..you got it! I need all the help I can get! sure hope some other people show up though."

Vhaidara
2014-08-08, 08:13 PM
Where dragon? Kill dragon.

jedipotter
2014-08-08, 08:21 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle "You really got a one bowl mind, eh? Well, um, heel. And wait like a good human."

Vhaidara
2014-08-08, 08:26 PM
Fighterson raises his katena shakily.
Not dog. Fighterson. Kill rude.

dextercorvia
2014-08-09, 10:23 AM
"Settle yourself down there, Fighterson. Fightersons are the greatest fighters. Don't waste all that on this gnome." He turns to the gnome, "I'll come with you just for a chance to see a famous Fighterson in action. I'm not much of an adventurer myself, but I make a good stout. That will be useful for the party after you all save the world. I tell you what, I'll fix your sign for nothing. That will be my contribution."

The monk pulls a quill and ink out of his scrollcase, flips the little man's sign over, and uses his monastic skill to make a polished calligraphic sign. When he is finished, it looks something like this.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-save-the-world-82.png

jedipotter
2014-08-09, 01:43 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle "Wow, nice sign. Glad you can help me save the world. I can sure use all the help I can get."

Jormengand
2014-08-09, 01:47 PM
looks at the finished sign. "Interesting, but... I think we have enough people here anyhow. I for one would very much like to see Mr Fighterson get eaten by the dragon, and I'm sure I can be of some assistance in finding, or at least reaching, this object required to return it to sleep after eating."

She shrugs. "For a price, anyhow."

Sartharina
2014-08-09, 01:48 PM
Sarth eventually came over to the gnome, after enjoying the fair a great deal, and probably making a number of friends and new acquaintances. "World-saving? I can help with that!" She offered cheerfully.

jedipotter
2014-08-09, 06:50 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle looks over to the Sarth 'MeWow! Foxy Lady! Hey lets forget this whole quest. How about I show you my special potion mixer rod? And we mix up a little Love Potion Number Nine?

Ba dant, ba dant, but, but, but, da Dat, darter Dat dat

dextercorvia
2014-08-10, 03:27 PM
Benedict loses his train of thought when Sarth comes back over, but then he feels threatened by the gnome's innuendo, and snaps out of it. Glad I could help. Hey, there you all are! I need to buy some hops and barley before we leave, so I can get the next batch fermenting on the way to this world saving.

jedipotter
2014-08-12, 01:24 AM
Glinbus Grindspindle looks over at Sarth wide eyed and waits for an answer.

Sartharina
2014-08-12, 01:59 AM
Sarth pulled a hand up to her mouth to suppress a chuckle at the gnome's advances. She tended to have this effect on people. Turning around, she giggled a bit, before looking back at him. Cat, not fox... besides, the hero only gets the girl AFTER the quest is over and the day is saved. If you're the hero," she answered, not immediately rejecting him out-of-hand. She probably could have done a better job keeping her tail down, though.

jedipotter
2014-08-12, 04:13 AM
Glinbus Grindspindle "Oh...to be a hero and get the girl! Of course! That is the way it is in lots of the fireside tales! Well, we should not waste any more time...lets get this quest going!"

dextercorvia
2014-08-12, 08:32 PM
Let me get my cart.

Benedict will pick up a sack of grain and hops if possible, and hitch up his cart.

jedipotter
2014-08-13, 10:05 PM
It is easy to find cheap trade goods at the fair. Your loaded up in just a half hour.

Stand ard cost for anything you want to buy

dextercorvia
2014-08-14, 03:38 PM
Benedict, flush with his take at the fair, buys more ingredients than usual. He gets it loaded, and wheels back over to his odd companions. I can leave whenever you're ready. If someone else wouldn't mind driving for a bit, I need to get some of this set up.

The monk works diligently in the back of his cart pouring various grains into barrels with different amounts of water, then closing them up to ferment.

I bought enough supplies to make 200 gallons of beer. So long as he can take 10 on his craft(beer) checks, Ben should be able to make 10 gallons of beer per day. I figure he will handle his actual brewing responsibilities (most of which is waiting) while we rest, but I will RP it as an ongoing thing.

jedipotter
2014-08-14, 07:34 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle]"I'll drive!" As he hops up into the wagon seat "Let's go, all aboard!""

Ah, ok, sounds good

Jormengand
2014-08-16, 05:55 PM
hops up onto the cart. "All right, let's... well, save the world, I guess."

jedipotter
2014-08-17, 07:57 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle turns from driving the wagon in the drivers seat and looks in the back "I'm Glinbus Grindspindle, um, who all is back there anyway?

Jormengand
2014-08-18, 07:08 AM
decides to save time by answering for everyone. "I don't have a name, and am generally referred to by putting a gap in one's sentence for vague comedic effect. The dork goes by the name of Gen13 Sib1 Fighterson, a naming tradition which stands testament to the longevity, or lack thereof, of the Fightersons.

The monk is Brother Benedict, and the flirtatious lass with whom all are so taken is called Sarth."

jedipotter
2014-08-18, 02:21 PM
Glinbus Grindspindle "Well welcome onboard, er, Nameless One. Welcome on board all. So does everyone know about and understand the problem we need to fix to save the world? Any questions?"

dextercorvia
2014-08-18, 02:56 PM
Benedict looks up from his work. Thank you, er, you, for the introduction. The monk mops some sweat from his brow with his prodigious sleeve, then plops down onto a newly filled barrel.

We need to recover a magical wind chime and return it to the lair of a not quite sleeping dragon. Hopefully before it wakes up and eats everyone. Any idea where we can find the chime? I assume so, since you are driving this cart like it has rails.

Benedict checks on Fighterson to make sure the greatest human swordsman is not about to fall out of the cart again.

This quest reminds me of the tale of the famed Priest of Milil Seamus McGuffin. Perhaps a bit of that story would help to pass the time. I believe he is credited with crafting a wind chime, but I don't know that story. I will tell you the tale of his Magic Flute.

Sartharina
2014-08-20, 12:05 AM
Sarth purred and stretched out as she was introduced, gratuitously flaunting herself and basking in any attention given to her. "So - the goal is to get the dragon to go back to sleep, right? Can you tell me any more about it?" she asked, putting her arms and tits down as she finished. "Do we really even know if she's a she?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-20, 12:08 AM
Fighterson kill dragon.

dextercorvia
2014-08-20, 06:57 PM
I'm sure you have, son, I'm sure you have. We can't all be the greatest swordsmen, and I'm thinking being too close to a waking dragon might be harmful to my longterm ability to enjoy a brew.