PDA

View Full Version : Lost soldier

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-28, 06:50 PM
Jace finds Tsubaki shouting at him, "No wai-" before he activates his anklets. He finds the magic go haywire and he finds himself being thrown into a stream of magic. Thrashing about as his location is being found out and as he gets thrown out of the stream of magic he finds himself landing with a thud inside a room, a small human child, no more than 12 years old is busy stringing a bow. He turns to see you and panic rises in his eyes. He shouts out, "Intruder!" and points his unstrung bow at your direction. The room is fairly comfortable with several chairs and a couch strewn about the room as well as two practice dummies in a corner and a table in the middle of the room. The room is 15 by 15.

Pretty much instantaneously before you have a chance to reply you see another human burst into the room. Black hair with a large tome in his hand he turns and glares at you, Who are you? How did you get here?

You hear the sound of rushing footsteps coming nearby.

Road_Runner
2014-07-28, 07:10 PM
Jace steadies himself, still dizzy from the teleport. "Uh...I accidentally teleported from an underground magic prison ruled by an evil all-powerful mind stealer. Where am I?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-28, 07:15 PM
The black haired man stairs at you intently, Inside an underwater magical prison ruled by an all powerful mad mage. More importantly to the question are you hostile or not. His tome seems to pulsate with energy.

Tsuabki telepathically whispers to you, I don't think the residents know the of mind stealer. He doesn't seem the type to announce his presence. When I was hear I still thought Halastar ruled the place as well. Still I think we might want to mention that we mean no harm.

Road_Runner
2014-07-28, 07:23 PM
"Look, we mean no harm. The mind stealer a caster as well? Good to know I guess, unless that's just the lie he told you. How did you guys get such a nice room? 4 chairs and a couch?

Also knowledge arcana to figure out what kind of magic user this guy is:

[roll0]

5 bucks says its that tome homebrew class

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-28, 07:37 PM
The mage keeps his glare at you as the small child continues to futility try to string his bow. I have no idea what a "Mind stealer" is though I can guess by your rambling that it already has stolen a bit from you. And to answer your ramblings I created them, I am a wizard and thus have that kind of power I would suggest not playing coy or doing anything stupid while in my presence.

As the mage talks a door to the east slams open. Three figures show up, a Swordsman with Blue hair wielding a great sword and is wearing full plate armor slams open the door shouting, Hey are you guys alright? . Flanking him are two figures, one a orange haired man wearing white robes and a red haired woman wearing a golden breastplate while wielding a long halberd.

The mage sighs, It seems our resident mad mage has caused a teleporter to undergo some mental difficulties. He seems non hostile to us at least and has some of his cognitive facilities intact. I don't think he shall pose a threat Chrom.

Images of the individuals

Black haired mage: http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/meh366/Fire%20Emblem/fepict19.jpg
Small Child: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080204200318/fireemblem/images/2/2b/Fepr-rolf.jpg
Blue Haired Swordsman http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/71/ea/a271eac64a74ad1b749c234a0954da5e.jpg
Orange Haired Man: http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5092-1825733281.jpg
Red Haired Woman: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628121751/fireemblem/images/thumb/2/20/Titania.jpeg/300px-Titania.jpeg

Road_Runner
2014-07-28, 07:44 PM
Jace sighs. "I'm not stupid, just joking around. I know what fabricate is; I can cast it myself. So you must all be prisoners? How did you get here and how long have you been here?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-28, 09:20 PM
The mage seems to lose his cool for a moment, Well, you probably shouldn't be treating this like a joking matter!

The swordsman, seemingly called Chrom, raises his hand to try to calm everyone, Peace Soren. If he isn't here to fight us he can stay here as long as we want. We have enough supplies for him after all. We don't really have any place for you to sleep though. What is your name friend? Mine's Chrom, the Wizard is our tactician so forgive him for being a bit paranoid, his name is Soren, the man in the white robes behind me is Ryhs and the woman with the halberd is Titania and the child over there is Rolf. Chrom reaches a hand out towards Jace to lift him off from the floor.

Road_Runner
2014-07-28, 11:36 PM
Jace takes his hand. "My name is Jace. Nice to meet you all. A place you stay would be great. I'm sure I can also contribute by fabricating supplies. I was actually separated from my friends in a battle with some taint elementals -- in the heat of battle I accidentally teleported, and appeared here. I was with a druid, a shaman, a powerful warrior and my friend Tsubaki here." he says, holding out his sword. "This is Tsubaki. In her spare time she enjoys crossword puzzles, drinking blood, and turning into a talking sword!"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-29, 01:36 AM
Tsubaki demorphs herself, Tsuabki speaks a bit flustered, You don't need to embarrass me Jace. I generally don't like showing myself these days due to my condition and all. Pleased to meet all of you. Could you tell us which floor we are on? We came from the 2nd floor, the swamp floor when we teleported here. We would appreciate it if you could help us if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Chrom seems to think before sitting in one of the chairs, Ah you guys are newcomers. I thought Jace's earlier comments were just a bit small talk. Let me fill you guys in a bit on the situation then.

Soren intercedes, Chrom I really think a quick divination or two might make sure this isn't a trap. but Chrom continues, Thanks for the concern but I trust my gut on this one. Okay you guys got "Lucky" in teleporting you managed to bypass a good portion of the floors of test and didn't find yourself face first into a trap or further below into some of the floors passed Elysium. So, assuming you guys know about as much as the standard newbies let me try to fill you guys in. Take a seat this might take a bit, Rhys can you heal Jace's wounds? Titania I would like you to go assist Mia in guard duty. I doubt Halastar sent Jace but he might send something else as "Payment". Keep your eye's peeled. Soren stay here with me if you will and Rolf go get our guests some food.

Chrom's orders are followed and pretty much everyone follows them without hesitation it seems. Rhys seems to mutter a song of some sort and Jace feels and sees his wounds close rapidly.

Now where were we. So as you guys probably know you are in the Tower of Halastar, or just the tower as inhabitants call it in here. We don't really see ourselves as "prisoners" so to say Jace though it is accurate. Halastar is a mad and insane tyrant who messes with out lives at an annoyingly regular bases but at least he is somewhat honorable. He rarely breaks his own "rules" that he sets out for us.

But yes lets get to informing you guys. You two have bypassed floors 2-4, commonly referred to by inhabitants as the "Floors of test" simply because they tend to be fairly brutal and chaotic teaming with terrible monsters everywhere. The 5th floor is the "sanctuary floor" as its a floor where Halastar will not mess with the everyday life of the inhabitants. Most individuals who managed to luck their ways through the floors of test stay there and live out the remainder of their life. But its a fairly terrible place to live. Magic there causes a never ending hunger and exhaustion. Structures need to be continuously rebuilt as magic tears them apart over time. No fighting of any kind can take place there but thievery is rampant and trust is hard to build. Its a very depressing life. Those who train and try to forsake that life can try to take the "Challenge" of reaching another safe point, "Elysium" on the 10th floor. We generally call these people "Challengers" for obvious reasons. Thats what our little band is attempting to do. Elysium is a similar place to Sancturary except it has the makings of a rather nice living space and those who reach there are generally quite happy with their life. Getting to there you would think would be easier but its rather more difficult than the floors of test. Or at least more complicated. Halastar has placed less monsters in the way of the paths to the lower floors but he has placed cunning and sadistic traps.

As well, he has decreed that if anyone conquers the floors between Sancturary and Elysium they will be given control over Elysium and able to decree whatever they want in the city. And thus people have been warring and fighting and deciding alliances all to try to take over the floors. Right now there have been three main factions fighting, the Drow, currently stationed on the 6th floor. The floor we currently are on. They have control of pretty much the entire place except for a few pockets like this one and a couple areas with particularly dangerous traps. They are lead by a monstrous creature who maybe was once a Drow but got cursed with a unique form. We don't know his name but he fires arrows the size of spears and is a deadly warrior. The next faction is a mystery. We aren't sure if they are Halastar's monsters or something he brought in or a creation of a challenger or what. Its a race of red crystal like insectiod beings. They swarm, have some kind of hive mind and are reproducing rather rapidly it seems though it is hard to tell. They have complete control over the 7th floor and have corrupted and transformed the floor entirely to suit them. Below them is a floor filled to the brim with Naga and other such aquatic creatures. Information is a bit sparse on them as well but they seem to be working with the Drow to crush the infested hordes. Though how long that alliance will last is hard to tell. Below that is the 9th floor which isn't controlled by anyone it seems. The Naga used to hold it but they got pushed out by what appeared to be a swarm of plants and undead. Probably controlled by Halastar.

Below THAT is Elysium, the city I mentioned. You can try to go below that and "earn your freedom from the tower" but that is a rare task and many don't try to complete it and instead live out happily in Elysium. Now I will let Soren tell you some basic do's and don't of the tower.

Soren straightens himself up and begins speaking in a lecturing but serious tone. I shall mostly just preform a list of things and there reasons why not to do them. Don't teleport, it will bring you to a random location into the tower which will probably cause your death. Don't teleport out of the tower. It will fail and will definitely result in your death. If you find a magic item or an unguarded chest behind a secret door don't touch it. It is a trap that will kill you. If you find a guarded item or chest behind a secret door it is a trap that will probably kill you. If you find an empty hallway with no markings it is a trap that will kill you. If you find a way to get down more than one floors at once without teleporting don't try it. It is a trap that will kill you. If you find a small child approach you crying kill the child. It is a trap that will kill you. If you find a ghostly wizard trying to tell you the way out of the tower run away. It is a trap that will kill you. If you find a source of liquid don't drink it. It will either be a blessing such as a potion or instant death. Don't attempt to read monster's minds to find the way out of the tower. They all have mental barriers which will result in great pain probably causing the monster to be able to kill you. If there is a large empty room don't go into it. It is a trap that will kill you. If you think of an easy way to beat a creature do not mention this to any of your allies aloud. Halastar will adjust the creature so that the technique won't work anymore. Any questions?

Road_Runner
2014-07-29, 01:50 AM
Jace nods. "Ok, so everything will kill you, and almost all the floors are really dangerous. Got it. When were you guys planning on attempting this descent? Also, how long does it generally take for someone to travel through the 2nd-4th floors?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-29, 01:55 AM
Soren smirks to himself, Pretty much. I am not sure how you have the cognitive abilities to cast a 5th circle spell but that is pretty much accurate. It can vary for the descent. I could imagine a group of 9th circle casters could clear their way out of the place and reach Elysium in a day or two. We are spending our time trying to map out our path first. We were very lucky we managed to find this fortification unused. I have been using divinations to map out our descent and we have been here for two weeks so far. We probably were going to spend a week or so more before trying to descend further. We need to completely get through the 7th floor in one push and would prefer to have a safe house planned out when we reach the 9th.

Road_Runner
2014-07-29, 02:06 AM
"Hmm, well my friends are somewhat competent. Hopefully they can make it up here in a week, and join us. Just politely wondering, but what "circle level" or equivalent in your respective professions are you guys capable of?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-29, 02:19 AM
Soren looks hesitant to answer that when Chrom speaks up, Soren here is able to cast 7th circle spells. None of the rest of us are spell casters but we are about that competent. Rhys made a particular bond with Teron Gorefiend and is a quite capable healer of regular wounds. But sacrificed some of the abilities clerics are normally able to have. Rolf is a bit younger and weaker but he still is pretty good with his bow.

Road_Runner
2014-07-29, 02:29 AM
Jace nods, "Cool, so you guys are pretty strong then. I mean, overall,"he says, glancing at Rolf with his unstrung bow. He remembers being threatened by it and casually wonders what his int score is. "Anyways, so I'm just a little unclear about what exactly you plan to be doing for the next week or so. Also, just to make it official, you won't mind us joining you guys on your descent?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-29, 02:34 AM
Hey the more help we have the better. And Soren is going to continue to use divinations while the rest of us are going to guard the base and maybe clear out some obstacles if we find the need to and if it will help our descent.

Road_Runner
2014-07-29, 06:15 PM
Btw what time of day is it?

"Ok. I'd be happy to help clear out some obstacles, or guard the base."

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-29, 11:10 PM
While introductions are still being made Tsubaki is going to speak up, Also, I hate to be unwelcome and to intrude any more than we have to but I do have my vampirisim to be concerned about. When we were outside of the tower I simply fed on animals and the like but that wasn't really an option in the first floor and we rested. I must admit the hunger for blood is coming over me now. Is there any potential that you Rhys would be able to restore the damage done by a vampires bite? The hunger is quite powerful and its hard to resist. She shifts around a bit uncomfortably.

Rhys shakes his head, I am sorry no I am unable to restore more than the bite wounds. The vitality and spirit lost is something I am unable to recover with my current strength I am sorry. As for animals, there shouldn't be any on this floor. I believe there might be some creatures of animal intelligence on the 7th floor. But frankly I wouldn't suggest draining blood from them as it could lead to some… ramifications that might be unpleasant. Also the creatures seem to be imbued with a corrupt for of positive energy. So that might also not work well for you.

Soren looks somewhat displeased by this news. You feel its less of a displeasure of having to deal with undead and more of he sees Tsubaki as a risk factor. I must request that you absolutely need to sate your addiction every night, I am not risking your mental fortitude being strong enough to withstand the withdrawal symptoms. Don't engage the Drow but you might be able to find some other creatures in traps or others wandering about to feed on. Try to capture them alive obviously so you can feed on them for multiple days. If they aren't part of a faction we can store them in our facilities here. We won't be able to assist you in your hunts though.

Chrom seems to listen to Soren for most of the part but seems to object to the last part regarding there refusal to help, Soren I think we will be able to help in the hunt. I am sure we need to knock out some of the traps in our way and those probably have some kind of flesh and blood monsters she can hunt... but Soren continues, No and as I still have some limited authority as our tactician I refuse it. The only traps in the way are either the Altar or the chained Golothama. Neither of which are feasible targets for her to feed. Beyond that we simply need to break through the exit to the 7th floor. As if we exit our fortress for too many "hunting missions" we risk making the Drow think we are hunting for treasure and they may try to break into our fortress here. Their belief that we are regular challengers that simply want to break through is the main reason they don't want to expend effort dragging us out. Exposing ourselves every night is incredibly risky and foolhardy. And I won't do it to protect someone who I have never met. My task and job is to make sure each of us gets to Elysium. I won't take foolhardy risks!

Chrom sighs at Soren's outrage, Look Soren I know its hard but we can't just..

Yes! Yes we can just let them. We are providing for them a safe place to rest and recover already. That is a ludicrous luxury. We can't extend every favor for them thats possible even at our own risk! As our tactician my decision is final and you are well aware that our band needs its hierarchy for a reason. You are a good man Chrom but you need to face reality. If you help someone you harm someone else, that is almost a universal constant. Let them fend for themselves.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 12:23 AM
"Hmm.. well I guess if hunting is such a problem, I could give Tsubaki some blood. I have a wand of lesser restoration, so that can take care of the harm to my constitution. As for the soul-draining effect, I can prepare a greater resistance spell to reduce the chance of permanently suffering a loss to a very small chance (aka 5%), and I can also prepare an alter fortune spell to reduce that chance even further. Even so, it would be very convenient if we can find a hunting opportunity."

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 01:07 AM
Its not so much hunting thats the problem. Its US hunting thats the problem. The Drow know we are in this stronghold but they don't know where you are from. If you wander the halls get a monster patrol and bring it back here there won't be a problem. If you try to capture a Drow Soldier than the Drow will try and find them and using divinations probably will track them back here. Hence why I don't want you to hunt for Drow. If they see our whole group wandering around they may assume that our group is attempting to search for powerful items on this floor instead of just waiting to see the best plan downward. Then they might think that it would be more cost efficient to pry us out of these fortification rather than us steal any items on this floor that they might of otherwise gotten. So you can hunt as you like, or donate blood, whatever suits you. But I just request that if she is staying here she must feed once a day.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 01:13 AM
"Ok, that makes sense. What are you guys's plans for the rest of the day? If you guys are going to clear some obstacles, I would like to help. Otherwise, I might go hunting for a bit and see if I can find something. And just be clear about items... if they are behind a door or in a chest, they are probably traps. However, if I find an item in a random spot or on a creature that isn't drow, would it be bad to take it?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 01:24 AM
You arrived on a divination day. I have only divinations and other scouting spells prepared today so we aren't going to clear out anything today. You can do as you wish, Chrom and Titania were simply sparing before you showed up. And as for items. Halastar has a rather… odd view of cleverness. If you try to get something for nothing that something is going to end up hurting you or backfiring. But if you get something by earning it he will usually give it to you. So if you survive a trap where a magic scythe nearly cuts you in half. You can probably take the scythe with no ramifications. If you find an unguarded chest and try to take it you will probably die.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 01:31 AM
"Ok, well I'm going to see if I kind find anything. I don't have the greatest spell selection at the moment though, so I'll be cautious and avoid things that seem too challenging."

Unless they have anything else to say, Jace is going to cast his second charge of heroism on himself with his wand, and use his his gloves of darkness to create a continous blacklight effect around himself and Tsubaki. Then he will head out and try to find something to hunt.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 03:44 AM
Well Okay then, I will go back to training, Rhys head with me I want to try some new moves and I might need you there. Soren help Jace and Tsubaki if they need anything else. Also Rhys go into the store room and get them the extra bedroll.

Of course Chrom. Chrom leaves the room with Rhys and Rolf goes to go get the extra supplies. Well if you need anything else I will be in the study. Soren then leaves you alone in the room as he enters his study.

Assuming Jace then goes out to hunt Titania and a purple haired girl looking to be no more than 17 is standing guard with her. The gate is solid and has two arrow slits for firing upon attackers but its only blocking a 20ft wide entryway into the hallway. They unbar the door and then let you out. You find yourself in a 5ft wide hallway. You can go west or east. East is a longer path about 200ft down before it encounter a wall and turns off north and south. Another path that way is about 150ft down that direction but you can't see whats in it obviously. West enters a seemingly empty cavern about 70ft down the path.

What does Jace do?

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 10:04 PM
Jace is going to walk down the west pathway until he can see the entirety or almost the entirety of the cavern, but not enter it.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 10:21 PM
The cavern is decently large and is about 20ft wide by 25ft tall, the walls are much more rugged and "natural" for a cave system than the rest of the floor so far, there is a small pool of water in a corner of the cave with no life in it. You spot no creatures in the room and there is one exit to the cavern, a 10ft wide iron door. There is some writing on the door but it is too far away to make out the writing.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 10:23 PM
"Hmm. 10 bucks says that writing says 'This is a trap,' and then the whole room collapses. Let's try the other passageway first..." Jace says to Tsubaki. Jace then heads down the east path.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 10:28 PM
As you are walking to the other path cautiously several spears shoot out from the seemingly normal wall impaling you.

6 Spears connect dealing 12,8,9,13,9,10 damage respectively. You can see that they shot out from a trap in the wall that was covered with an illusion.

Jace has 57 health right now and is about 10ft from the path that extends to the south and is about 30ft from the paths that split to the north and south beyond that.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 10:34 PM
"Owww." says Jace, pulling spears out of his body. He walks back to Chrom's base, and looks to see if the healer (Rhys I believe) is there. "Hey, could you possibly heal these wounds? I ran into a trap right outside the base. Also, how many traps are there? I mean I literally ran into one right outside this fortification. At that rate I'd make it not even a quarter mile."

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 10:45 PM
As you pull out the spears you notice that they aren't quite held together like you would expect spears to be, far too flimsy. As you pull the second one out all the spears fall apart and dissolve into a dust like mist which scatters on non existent winds. You also find that the holes that the spears shot out from are non longer there, instead it seems like its just a solid wall.

Heading back to Chrom's Place Mia and Titania great you. They fetch Rhys who heals you up.

Ooh ya traps are nasty here. Soren didn't explain that to you? The traps here are "randomly assorted and spread out to maximize viability and confusion" as Soren would say. With the amount of Challengers coming through here traps would get marked out and everyone would just avoid them. Traps appear and disappear almost at random except for some of the most solid ones. Usually they won't appear if you have just searched the are a minute ago. And we are just going to have Rhys heal you through this opening. We have to go through standard procedure which takes a bit to let you in here its just easier this way.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 10:48 PM
"Hmm... I'm definitely going to prepare myself better tomorrow. However, I just need to find one animals or something out there. Are the traps all magical then? Would detect magic help me find them?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 10:52 PM
Ah ya thats a good idea. Preparedness always helps in this abyssal hell. I don't know much about magic to be honest but Soren has a hard time finding things out with his divinations and from what I know he is an expert at divinations. A cantrip like that probably won't help much. And ya all the traps are pretty much magical. Or they are formed with magic and shoots out things like arrows or spears or poison.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 11:05 PM
"Well... darn. That kind of sucks. I might try tentatively one more time, but if it ends up being too hard I might just go tomorrow. I mean I just have to find one animal..."

Unless she has anything else to say, Jace will head out in the same direction again.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 11:12 PM
You follow along the eastern path and reach the first offshoot to the south. It only goes for about 20ft before a door appears. A large iron door blocks the path.

The spear trap either has not reset or has moved to ambush another unlikely opponent.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 11:17 PM
Jace is going to take 20 to search for traps around the door. If there are no traps, he's going to try and open the door, and continue if there is nothing significant behind it.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-30, 11:21 PM
You find no traps on the door and tentatively push it open. You see a room that narrows down into a 5ft path and twists around continuing on for an unseen distance.

Road_Runner
2014-07-30, 11:22 PM
Jace keeps walking, but he'll do normal checking for traps (so I guess a round per square). Note that his modifier is +12 with heroism.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-31, 06:05 PM
Jace battles the helmed horror that stands before him but frankly he finds that it is an enduring foe and a tenacious one and figures he has a better chance of winning if he prepares for tomorrow and decides to donate blood for Tsubaki tonight.

He then asks to scribe a spell from Soren who is reluctant at first but Tsubaki manages to convince him otherwise.

Soren's Spell list:
Spell List:
1: Combat Readiness, True Strike, True Casting, Instant Search, Karmic Aura, Protection from Evil, Grease, Wall of Smoke, Instant Search, Locate City, Comprehend Language, Scholar’s Touch
2; Insidious Insight, Detect Thoughts, Spymaster’s Coin, Chain of Eyes, Arcane Turmoil, Gust of Wind, See Invisbility, Herosim,
3; Unluck, Alter Fortune, Battle Magic Peception, Anticipate Teleport, Great Thunderclap, Wind Wall, Haste, Halt, Slow, Stinking Cloud, Tounges
4: Assay Spell Resistance, Identify Transgessor, Scrying, Dispelling Screen, Dimensional Anchor, Elwind (See Below), Stone Shape, Perfect Summons, Heart of Earth
5: Prying Eyes, Telepathic Bond, Spelltheft, Private Sanctum, Mass Fire Shield, Flesh to Ice, Draconic Flight, Wall of Stone, Teleport
6: Eyes of The Oracle, True Seeing, Eyes of Stone, Contigency, Freezing Glance, Mental Pinnicale, Scry Location
7: Brain Spider, Rexcaliber (See Below), Elemental Body, Summon Monster VII, Glass Strike

Elwind:
Evocation 4th
Target: One Creature
Range: Medium
Description: Launch a blast of torrential wind at an opponent dealing 1d4 damage per caster level (Max 15d4). You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit. If the target is hit it must make a reflex save or be entangled for one round
SR: No

Rexcaliber:
Evocation 7th
Descrption: Same as Elwind except it deals 1d8 damage per caster level (Max 20d8) and if the subject fails the reflex save they are pinned for 1 round per 2 caster level as the winds grapple the subject. In addition this spell has dispelling properties and any subject hit by this spell is subject to a dispel magic (Max cl bonus is +15).

Road_Runner
2014-08-01, 09:01 PM
Jace is going to copy the Elwind spell after he feeds Tsubaki and cures the ability damage. Then I guess he will practice sparring with the remaining time if there is nothing else to do.

Next morning, (if nothing happens), he is going to ask the group what their plans are for the day.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-04, 01:42 AM
The group gathers in the study which has a large table obviously meant for such purposes as Soren and Chrom discuss the days plan.

Chrom begins the strategy talk, commanding attention with a strong booming voice, Okay, we are going to begin clearing out obstacles for our descent. We are going to first start with the Altar room as discussed previously. Jace and Tsubaki as you are new here I will inform you a bit of the situation then let Soren elaborate. In order to reach the entrance to the 7th floor we can go through two paths really, one is a hidden path that Soren manage to find with his divinations, the other is a a straight shot but it has a Golthama guarding the path. And if you aren't familiar with the creature it is more than likely able to kill at least one of us and the terrain obviously favors it. The secret chamber is found in the room we dub the "Altar" there are several creatures in there and they normally are not harmful, but for whatever reason they refuse to let any creature through the secret chamber and will attack anyone who attempts to go through it so we need to fight them in order to get through. So then I will let Soren give the exact details.

Soren stands and begins with a stern lecturing tone, Yes, we stand with enough information to be able to start acting as Chrom had mentioned. The altar room seems to have no none recently disabled traps in the area and there are only approximately 7-8 creatures inside the area at once. For power level it is hard to determine exactly but I did witness another challenger group attempting to fight them and discerned a decent amount of their strategy from that fight. There are two main creatures at the altar with their followers. They are casters and mostly use area of effect spells that harm enemies and heal and support their allies. I do not know many of the spells they use but dodging them seems difficult. Their followers engage in melee and have a devastating touch despite them appearing to be weak. They also seem quite enduring and all the creatures present there have some kind of quickened healing type ability and one of the casters is able to daze other creatures in a wide area while also healing allies in a wide area. Our intel on their exact abilities and weaknesses is low admittedly. But we have an advantage, they won't attack us until we attack them. Allowing us to maintain positioning on their group is thus crucial to the fight. We won't take them by surprise, unfortunately they don't seem to need to sleep or eat and they seem able to detect hostile intent somehow, but they will not engage until we have or at least right before we are about to. Thus having Chrom, Titania and Mia engage the casters is an optimal strategy. We can use Jace and Tsubaki to defend Rhys, Rolf and I as we engage from a situational choke point and prevent them from using their area effects on our entire team as a result. I predict a fairly high total victory chance and a low chance of death for any of us. They don't seem to use any particular restriction or crowd control abilities other than the one's ability to daze opponents. I shall leave wards on the wall allowing us to enter easily if one of us needs to make a hasty retreat into the stronghold. It is doubtful anyone will come and take our fortification while we are gone but I shall still leave a divination in place to alert us if anyone tries. Any questions?

Road_Runner
2014-08-08, 09:41 PM
Jace jumps in with a few questions. "Yeah, could you elaborate on this 'devastating touch' these creatures have? And just to clarify, they have a spell that dazes enemies in an area while also healing allies at the same time, or are they two different abilities? Did you see these casters attempt to dispel magic on the challengers you saw before? Also, does anyone need enhancement to a certain physical or mental attribute? I can prepare that type of spell pretty easily."

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-09, 05:50 PM
Jace jumps in with a few questions. "Yeah, could you elaborate on this 'devastating touch' these creatures have? And just to clarify, they have a spell that dazes enemies in an area while also healing allies at the same time, or are they two different abilities? Did you see these casters attempt to dispel magic on the challengers you saw before? Also, does anyone need enhancement to a certain physical or mental attribute? I can prepare that type of spell pretty easily."

Soren responds with a professional tone, seemingly lacking his normal condesencion when dealing with you, The touch's effects were hard to determine. It seemed to cause intense pain and suffering though but the pain did not appear debilitating enough to prevent combat and other abilities. I would still suggest not getting hit with it multiple times though if possible.

Their ability to daze enemies and heal is a singular ability. It is not a spell, or if it is they have the ability to modify their spells with the still and silent metamagic feats as they don't use verbal or somatic components. Since Psionics tends to have a limited healing potential especially with positive energy I suspect it is either a supernatural or spell like ability.

I saw no dispelling attempts made but it could be possible that they have them.

I do not need any such buffs. Does anyone else need any?

Rolf would like a strength buff, Mia a Con Buff and Rhys a Con Buff. Everyone else is good.

Road_Runner
2014-08-09, 08:13 PM
"Sounds good. I'll get right on that then." Jace meditates for a bit, preparing his spells. He'll take extra spell(Insidious Suggestion) for his bonus feat.

He'll use his wand of heroism and primal instinct, and offer the extra charge of primal instinct and heroism to whoever wants it.

"Ok guys, I'm ready whenever you guys are."

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-11, 03:14 AM
Soren nods and the rest of the group prepares their last minute preparations.

Buffs received from Soren: Chained Combat Readiness Extended (28 Minutes +4 insight to init).

The group moves out, you can sense that the group is quite well trained and has a decent amount of professionalism with it as it marches forward. Marching order is Chrom, Titania, Soren, Rolf, Rhys, Mia, Jace, with you covering the back for ambushes.

The group moves incredibly slowly though as Soren meticulously searches the hallways for traps. To his credit he does find around 99% of the traps and your group disarms the 24 traps you find in your 15 minute march through the eerily silent halls, only the occasional blast of fire or poison dart springing from the trap making any noise.

You enter a large cavern and Soren calls for a halt as he searches the entire area with his eyes and finds nothing, Be careful everyone, this room was trapped about 5 days ago when some other challengers enter in here and disabled it. It could be reset now. . Your group marches forward and doesn't find anything though despite your best efforts.

Nearing the exit of the cavern however blue mist springs into existence obscuring almost all sight except for what is directly in front of you. Jace identifies it as an obscuring mist like effect. As well two distinct moaning wails vibrate the halls forcing everyone to make a will save and a fort save (One from each effect). Jace recognizes the noise while shielding his ears as coming from two Shadowcloak Elders. (Note below)

Soren shouts out from the front of the group, Its a wall of force! We are cut of from you guys!

Dungenering Roll:
[roll0] (Tell me if you need more to this roll)

Init:
Jace[roll1]
Mia:[roll2]
Rhys:[roll3]
Rolf:[roll4]
Shadowcloak Elders: [roll5]

Soren, Titania and Chrom have no way of bypassing the wall of force and will be pretty much out of the combat

Link to new roll20 for this campaign: https://app.roll20.net/join/488238/sGuR0g

Shadowcloak Elder Lore:

Deep underground, cloakers build citylike nests of swooping shadows and crawling darkness. The secret rulers of these dark cities lurk behind the perceived leaders—the shadowcloak elders, cloakers of great size and power, tainted with the substance of shadow and skilled in dark sorcery. Sinister and inscrutable, shadowcloak elders occasionally emerge from secrecy to lead their lesser fellows in raids and patrols of the nearby territory, in search of slaves and food.
An average shadowcloak elder has a wingspan of 12 feet and weighs 400 pounds. Shadowcloak elders speak Undercommon.

Shadowcloak elders are clever and resourceful opponents with numerous strange abilities. They coordinate the efforts of their cloaker followers, so that some clockers constantly moan while others attack the weakened and disoriented prey. A shadowcloak elder hovers out of melee range to attack enemy spell casters with its own spells while its minions do their grisly work
counting on its shadow blend power to stay out of sight.

If confronted by a dangerous spellcaster, a shadow- cloak elder might swoop in and en- gulf the enemy, hoping to smoth- er the offending caster with one bold stroke.

Notable abilities of a Shadowcloak Elder
Casting as a Sorcerer (Level 8): Spells vary based on the elder
Moan: Unleashing a subsonic moan that can create one of four effects (Unnerving (-2 on all d20 rolls and after 6 rounds they can't take actions to defend themselves), Fear (As the spell for 2 rounds), Nasueation (1d4+1 rounds), Stupor (A single creature gets held as hold monster for 5 rounds).

Shadowcloakers can engulf enemies in a grapple. This particular grapple is hard to break out of and attacks targeting the cloaked holding an enemy this way often hurt the grappled victim.

Shadowcloakers can blend into shadows and gain total concealment in any light condition other than full daylight. A daylight spell negates this concealment.

They have no notable damage reduction (5/Magic) and have SR 24

SLA's are silent image, blur and mirror image.

Road_Runner
2014-08-11, 03:46 AM
Jace is going to inspire the fort save:

Fort: [roll0]
Will: [roll1]

Road_Runner
2014-08-11, 03:52 AM
"Damnit, I don't have a good way to reveal them." says Jace. He readies an action to cast kelpstrand if either one appears. "Let me know if you guys see them!"

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-12, 01:12 AM
Rhys appears to be nauseated and Rolf begins screaming clearly terrified by their moan. Mia manages to shake off both effects though. Mia calls back to Rolf, Rolf go back towards Soren!, Then she turns towards Jace, I can't see anything through this cursed fog! Do you have any way of removing it Jace? And are there creatures here or is it just a trap?

Mia will spend the turn recovering maneuvers and readying an action.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-12, 01:18 AM
One Shadowcloak elder will continue his moan while the other casts Slow on all of you. Everyone needs to make a will save or be slowed. Mia, Rolf and Rhys fails the will saving throw. Rolf fails the nauseation moan and Mia passes.

It is Jace's turn. Tsubaki whispers into your mind, This isn't working they will just sit back and debuff us until we no longer pose a threat to them. Jace do you have any way of removing the fog or removing the wall of force trapping us?

Road_Runner
2014-08-12, 02:53 AM
Dweomer vortex is up, which counters the slow spell

Jace telepathically replies to Tsubaki. ""I mainly just prepared spells for the fight I expected... no gust of wind, and I don't quite have disintigrate yet. I might have an idea though."

Obviously this isn't RAW, but it makes sense. If you rule it doesn't work I will do something else.

Jace is going to draconic polymorph into a Quetzalcoatlus (aka huge pterodactyl - MM2 p 72). His space becomes 10 ft long and 35 ft wide. As a move action, he will flap his wings vigorously (flight speed is 100 ft, so I guess as many flaps as would be taken in that move action or so). He will use his wings, which are each the size of small ship's sail, to blow away the conjured fog.

If successful, he will let out a prehistoric screech of triumph. "KRAAKAAAAAAAAWWW!!!!!!!!!"

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-12, 01:48 PM
Jace takes the form of the Quetzalcoatlus and vigorously flaps his wings. He can't quite clear out all of the obscuring mist but he reduces it to concealment allowing everyone full vision of the room. The Elder Shadowcloakers are still blended into the shadows but Mia shouts out, Found one!

She 5ft steps towards what seems to be empty air and unleashes a volley of slashes at what seems to be the air, within seconds though a horrible monster's scream radiates from the hall though and Jace can see a purplish blood dripping on the floor with some coating Mia's blade.

Mia hit twice out of five attacks and ends her turn.

The Elder Cloakers continue to moan with Mia still managing to shake off the nauseation. Jace needs to make a fort save against the effect.

The darkness around Mia seems to reach around and try to grab her. Mia unleashes a flurry of blows against the cloaker but still ends up grabbed by the cloaker. She hits 3 times and crits once against the cloaker before being grappled and swallowed by darkness. You still her her struggles though.

Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-08-12, 05:54 PM
Jace will use another move action to flap his wings vigorously, dispelling the rest of the fog. "Hmmm... I think I need to switch back; I can't cast spells in this form and physically attacking the Elder Cloaker while Mia is grappled probably isn't the best idea." Jace will then de-polymorph back into human form.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-13, 03:01 PM
Jace's fort save as you didn't make it.

[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-13, 03:03 PM
Jace easily resists the nauseation and deshifts.

Mia fails to break out the creatures grapple who begins to moan again.

Jace needs to make a will and a fort save.

Road_Runner
2014-08-13, 03:05 PM
Fort: [roll0]
Will: [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-13, 04:03 PM
Both pass. Also Mia finally succumbs to a will save and begins cowering because she can't flee. She drops her sword in her panic.

Road_Runner
2014-08-13, 04:59 PM
Jace sighs as Mia drops her weapon. "Come on guys, stay strong!" he yells. Jace casts mass resurgence on Mia, Rolf, and Rhys.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-13, 05:05 PM
As Jace is casting his spell he gets hit by the tail slap of the other elder Shadowcloaker that apparently moved within range last turn. Jace is hit and takes 20 points of damage and needs a concentration check DC 30 or he loses concentration on the spell.

Road_Runner
2014-08-13, 05:08 PM
Inspired Concentration:

[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-13, 05:15 PM
Saves against Nasueation
Rolf: [roll0]
Rhys: [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-21, 12:54 AM
Rhys manages to stand to his feat (Boots of swift standing) and sends a vibrating wave of energy which radiates between both Mia and Jace healing them to full hit points, Thanks!, I won't be able to shake off the nausea on Mia but I will not succumb to it again! I shall be able to keep both of you alive though.

The elder cloaker which attacked Jace finally stops moaning and casts slow on the group. The other one switches his moaning to the nauseation tone.

Everyone must make a will and a fort save.

Mia passes the fort but fails the will and is now no longer nauseated but slowed.

Rhys passes both.

Rolf fails the will but passes the fort. He is still nauseated though for another round.

Jace's turn

Whoops thought it was your turn to post

Road_Runner
2014-08-21, 09:36 PM
Jace mutters quickly and a long ghostly red whip appears in his hand (casting mystic lash defensively). He then swings the whip at the cloaker's square.

Attack (touch): [roll0]

Concealment: [roll1] (1 hits).

Damage(electric): [roll2]

If it hits, the cloaker must make a fort save or be stunned for 1 round.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-22, 01:29 AM
Jace's fort: [roll0]

Jace's Will: [roll1]

Road_Runner
2014-08-22, 01:50 PM
Awesome rolls, gj

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-23, 06:28 AM
Awesome rolls, gj

I KNOW right? That was like hilariously bad

Jace is slowed for 11 rounds and Nauseated for [roll0] rounds

Jace has to redo his turn as he can no longer caster mystic lash (He is nauseated). He only has a move action left.

Road_Runner
2014-08-23, 04:44 PM
Jace just 5 ft steps toward Rhys.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-23, 06:38 PM
Mia is no longer nauseated and uses Shadow Jaunt to teleport away from the cloaker.

Rhys finds himself engulfed in black shadows as the other elder cloaker clearly attempts to engulf him.

The other cloaker to engulf Mia again. Mia interrupts his action with Vantage allowing her to full attack despite being slowed.

Jace spots Mia making a flurry of blows and then hears a sound of a thud as the cloaker falls lifeless to the floor. The leathery figure becomes visible and its green blood floods the floor.

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-26, 09:16 PM
Rhys mends Mia's wounds despite being slowed and grappled he seems surprisingly unconcerned as he is slowly being crushed. I would flee beast… the Benevolent One won't let me die like this.

Wether the cloaker takes his words into account or realizes that he is horribly screwed Jace sees Rhys drop to the floor and a leathery flap of wings as it ascends to the ceiling.

Mia shouts out as she runs below it, Benevolent one damn it. It escaped through a hole in the ceiling it probably has a lair somewhere around here.

Stay put Mia it more than likely fled. Lets wait for this wall of force to fade before regrouping and moving onward.

Assuming Jace has no objects to that the wall of force fades after 2 minutes and the group begins their march to the altar again.

Does Jace have anything he wishes to do before they arrive at the altar?

Road_Runner
2014-08-28, 11:38 AM
Does Jace have anything he wishes to do before they arrive at the altar?

:smallamused:

Jace cracks his knuckles.

"Ok guys, before we walk into that alter I have some spells to cast, so hopefully we can have as much as an advantage as possible in this fight.

Unless anyone has any objections or other preparations to make (since this should be the last thing we do before we enter the fight), Jace is going to start weaving a flurry of magic over the group. Casting (in order):

Bull's Strength on Rolf
Bear's Endurance x 3 on Jace, Mia, and Rhys
Cat's Grace (self)
Dweomer Vortex (self)
Heroism(self and some person)
Favor of Illmater x 2 (self and Chrom probably)
Ray of Hope x 4 (on everyone except person who got heroism)

Battle Hymm(everyone)
Elation (everyone)
Haste (everyone)

(so all buffs should be at 9+ rounds when the fight starts)

Previous Buffs:
Primal Instinct (self + someone else... don't remember who)
Alter Self
Resistance, Greater (self)

Summary of Bonuses (everyone):
+2 morale on attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks
+4 morale on saving throws
+2 morale to Strength and Dexterity
+35 speed
+1 attack, +1 dodge to AC, +1 reflex

and then plus whatever individual bonuses people have.

Jace might also draconic polymorph and cast heroics as well, but I haven't decided (will decide at session).

Road_Runner
2014-09-02, 02:17 PM
Jace will also draconic polymorph into a sun giant.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-02, 06:33 PM
Soren nods and accepts the buffs as well as the rest of the party and Jace proceeds with the buffs.

Soren casts, Extended Haste, Extended Mass Fire Shield, Extended Eyes of the Oracle and Extended Freezing Glance.

Get into position everyone, we will have to enter the room completely I don't want us separated like the last encounter. The doors might close or walls of force may spring up again. Once everyone is position I will give the signal and we shall engage. Focus on the casters.

The group enters the room and Jace and Tsubaki see the altar for the first time. The room is incredibly large about 100ft across. There are columns reaching the ceiling across the room and there is a raised section of the floor 10ft off the ground. On top of it are the two casters Soren spoke of, One is a humanoid figure clad in white feathered wings and a breastplate wielding a warhammer of some sort while the other is a blond humanoid with blue eyes wearing a white robe. Surrounding them are about 12 child like winged angels. They all seem to be in meditation but both casters open their eyes when your group enters the room.

Chrom, Titania and Mia move into position and Soren cries out, Engage!

Roll for init
Chrom: 19
Titania: 24
Mia: 16
Rolf: 13
Rhys: 17
Soren: 11
Canas (Feathered Humanoid): 32
Lucius (White Robed Humanoid): 36
Holy Children: 12

Road_Runner
2014-09-02, 09:10 PM
Jace init(nerveskitter ofc): [roll0]
EDIT: oops init is +24, not +22, so 30 (not that it matters...)

For my ease of reference:

AC = (+11 nat, +2 deflect, +5 armor, + 5 dex, -2 size, +1 haste) =
32 regular, 16 touch

Ability scores: Dex = 20, Con = 31, Str = 51

HP: 156 (+4 con)

(dex +4 cg, +2 elation), = 32

Saves:
Fort: (6 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 3) = 27
Will: (3 + 4 + 8 + 4 + 3) = 22
Reflex: (6 + 5 + 4 + 3) = 18

Attack(katana): (11 + 4 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 2) = 33
Damage: 3d6+26

What knowledge(s) would I roll here?

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-02, 11:15 PM
Roll20 Map is updated.

Knowledge Planes is appropriate for anything relevant. Knowledge Local for Lucius's Knowledge Devotion. Knowledge Planes for Canas.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-03, 01:29 AM
The doors behind Soren and Jace slams shut as the half celestial human jumps immediately up with no hesitation and launches a crystal ball of light into the midst of Jace, Soren, Rolf and Rhys. The ball of light explodes with a brilliant burst and you feel as if shards of light were embedded into your very soul. Make a will save versus 4 "soul shards" effectively negative levels except they are positive energy and aren't negated by soul fire and the like. It is a shame you can seek inner peace like we do. We must all wait patiently for our salvation. Temptations like what lie beyond are too much for you to handle. We shall send you to the benevolent one ourselves. My name is Canas the Repentant, I hope you do not hold a grudge for what I must do

In addition he forms a wall of solid force between Him, Chrom and Mia. Jace recognizes the spell as Dark Way.

Lucius also acts with surprising agility and launches a similar blast of light at Jace's group. Everyone must make a reflex save and a will save. The group takes 22 points of damage. Reflex save halves and will save is to prevent being dazed for one round from the blast.

It is now Jace's Turn

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-03, 01:36 AM
Rolf takes several shards to the soul as well as Soren but Rhys manages to shake off the effect.

Rolf dodges the blast of light from Lucius as he tumbles around but Soren and Rhys aren't nearly as nimble. However they do manage to avoid being dazed.

Road_Runner
2014-09-03, 06:45 PM
Knowledge(planes): [roll0]
Knowledge(local): [roll1]

Will saves:

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Reflex:
[roll6]

Road_Runner
2014-09-03, 06:48 PM
Rerolling last save will save using Battle Hymm (don't forget everyone in the party can do this 1/round):

[roll0](inspiring)

Road_Runner
2014-09-03, 06:58 PM
Jace flexes his super magically enhanced muscles and is going to murder (aka full attack) the holy child.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Road_Runner
2014-09-03, 06:59 PM
Confirming crit: [roll0]

EDIT: Also so what was the radius on their aoe abilities? Trying to decide if I should 5 ft step down.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-04, 09:42 PM
Jace's flurry crushes one of the floating angels into the ground with a devastating combo as his fourth hit confirms but the Angel's tiny body is still technically together as the angel's body spasms on the floor dying.

Titania calls out, Chrom! Lets go! and delays until after Chrom.

Chrom leaps over the barrier from a standing jump using the sudden Jump maneuver but can't quite make it to Lucius so he unleashes a flurry of blows on the nearest holy child which he slams with the last attack into the dark wall behind him and slays the child.

Titania similarly leaps over the wall by grasping the top edge and vaulting over it. Her full plate restrains her though and she doesn't have martial training with jumping so she then spends a move action to get next to Chrom. She then uses white raven tactics on Chrom whose initiate now becomes 17.

Chrom then 5ft steps and holds nothing back against Lucius activates the Time Stands Still maneuver. Lucius turns into a being of pure light and shifts his position back 30ft. Chrom then activates his belt of battle mid full attack (You can 5ft step during a full attack which is a free action and a swift action is a type of free so it seems logical to work) and jumps off the suspended altar at Lucius.

Chrom then continues his ludicrously devastating attack combination. Chrom misses with his first two attacks but manages to plunge his sword deep into Lucius for the 3rd attack confirming a critical which causes him to take an extra attack exploiting the opening which connects. His next two attacks miss but his next attack critically hits which provokes another attack which misses and then he follows up with 2 more attacks which both connect. Lucius is barely standing after the onslaught and with the final attack Chrom launches Lucius into the wall for an additional blow. Knocking Lucius into unconsciousness.

Rhys heals Soren, himself and Jace to full with his healing as he patches everyone up.

Mia swings her blade at the injured angelic baby that Jace pummeled and launches a blast of wind at it connecting and killing the child. She then tumbles around the babies and tries to get closer to Lucius's body but can't get close enough to finish him off.

Rolf's, Soren's, Lucius's and Canas's turn's once I get time.

Road_Runner
2014-09-04, 10:28 PM
Nooooo I never get a soul servant T.T Mia ks'ed me. However, I didn't roll ravenous damage with the initial post since I didn't know how many attacks hit. Also did you roll the crit damage already, and the con damage?

extra ravenous damage: [roll0]
con damage: [roll1]
negative level (5 damage)
(I assume you already rolled the 3d6+31 extra crit damage)

If any of those things finish of the child I get a soul servant.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 12:35 AM
Then Mia simply will tumble away and get off a single shot at Lucius by using her wind blade. The attack gets deflected however.

Rolf is unable to see or target Lucius or Canas and will launch a volley of arrows at a child three attacks hitting one a confirmed critical and one miss. Badly injuring one of the holy children.

The Holy Children fly nimbly around and swarm around their targets inflicting numerous serious injuries with their touch. Four out of five connect with Jace and Jace feels their touch flooding the touched area with searing hot holy fire leaving horrible scars behind. All four combined dealt 118 damage to Jace.

Two swarm Mia and she dodges one of the attacks but the other connects. Similarly one rushes after Rolf and it also connects.

The two next to Chrom and Titania attack and one hits Titania but Chrom's misses.

The holy children singe themselves when touching Soren's flame shields but they push through the pain.

Soren sighs, These things are a lot more durable than I would of thought for children. Still they have the meager strength of children so lets use that to our advantage.

Soren casts SMVII to summon two Equinals, celestial horse guardinals. Both of which cast Wall of Stone creating a gray wall of stone as drawn on the map all the way up to the ceiling. The wall of stone is quite shallow though. Soren himself then turns and glares at one of the babies which falls paralyzed to the ground.

As Soren finishes casting his spell a door appears in the eastern part of the room. Emerging from the room is a helmed horror, you suspect the same one that you fought last time. It is flanked by two fang golems which burst into the room beside him. He levels his sword at Jace at charges.

Both of the Fang Golems concentrate and create a large wall of thorns as shown on the map. Jace quite clearly knows that Fang Golems can't actually do that. He suspects that like the Helmed Horror they are enhanced as Sacred Guardians. Most likely to the plant domain which grants them Wall of Thorns 3/Day and the ability to rebuke and control Plant Creatures.

The holy children try to touch the Golem as it charges by but their touch seems to have no effect on the golem. The golem ignores them and charges directly at Jace but fails to connect a solid blow.

Jace notes that its sword looks to be a different type than it was before. This one seems to have a red demonic glow about it that Jace can't quite place.

Lucius's fast healing brings him back into positives. He casts Blinding Spittle at Chrom and flies away to the location on the Map.

Canas shoots a blast of white light at Chrom which connects and seems to weaken him somehow but Jace can't tell how. He can't recognize the ability that Canas is using.

Canas then casts a quickened Ray of Enfeeblment that hits Titania and vastly diminishing her strength.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-05, 02:27 AM
"Hmm, good idea Soren." Jace raises his hands (casting defensively) as a fluid layer of stone rises and surrounds the squares containing the two holy children and the helmed horror, as marked on the map (surrounding them on all four sides and also covering their square with a stone ceiling. As marked on roll 20, one holy child will be trapped in a 5ft x 5ft cube, while the helmed horror and other holy child will be together in a 10 ft x 5 ft cube. This wall will also be connected by 2 ft segments on the floor to another 10 ft high 40 ft wide vertical wall that blocks off the two golems. The wall will be 2 inches thick.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 02:37 AM
The Helmed Horror reacts too slowly, focused on only Jace he fails to react quick enough to jump out before the walls of stone surround him and the other angels inside a stone prison.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 03:33 AM
Jace switches then to Spiked Chain form with Tsubaki after trapping the Golem.

In the southern area of the battle Titania charges past her current opponents to try and finish off Lucius. The Angel nearby attempts to reach out and grab her but she knocks it away with a Manticore parry and knocks the child to the ground and creates a gash across its chest. Though the wound still lacks the devastation it would have if she was at full strength.

Similarly her charge is quick and powerful but Lucius manages to nimbly step side her trip attempt.

Rhys focuses all of his attention on Jace and heals him 43 hit points.

Chrom frustatingly tries to wipe his eyes but finally with a surge of willpower and energy sends a visible burst of power which knocks the venom off with his Iron heart surge Technique.

Chrom flashes his hand over his belt and burns it for a standard action and uses a maneuver which Jace has never seen before. Chrom hits one and knocks the Child into the ceiling, as it falls down Chrom then slams it into the floor with his full force behind each swing. Smashing the child into paste on the floor. Chrom appears to be much healthier after that combination.

Mia slashes at one of the holy children surrounding her hitting 3 times and dealing a significant amount of damage.

The Helmed Horror simply bashes down the wall of stone. Jace notices as it stands behind the crumbled wall that its sword is now composed entirely of force. Something it decidedly was not 5 seconds ago. It levels its blade at Jace and begins swinging.

The first attack misses but he adopts an odd stance on the next attack catching Jace unaware. The strike doesn't hit with any lethal force but does touch Jace's exposed arm. Jace feels a surge of corrupt energy surge within him and must make a will save.

I assume you are inspiring.
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-05, 04:17 AM
Jace passes the will save which he feels was almost like a curse.

Rolf shoots like a master archer ignoring the massive cover Jace is granting the Helmed Horror and hitting with 2 arrows. Unfortunately the Helmed Horror's armor is much to thick for that and the arrows deal no damage.

The holy children swarm out of the hole that the Helmed Horror made and attack Jace twice more upon realizing that they can't hurt the Helmed Horror. One connects and one is deflected by Tsubaki. The one that connects deals 31 points of damage.

The two around Mia attack her but she activates vantage on the injured one and kills it with a flurry of blows. And the other one she simply dodges.

The holy child near Titania tries to reach her but she simply swats it out of the air and knocks it to the floor.

Soren casts Assay Spell Resistance and then casts Glass Strike on the Helmed Horror which simply fails to affect the construct all together. Soren mutters in a deadpan tone, Well one of the Construct's immune spells is glass strike. Thats good to know at least

He then glares and paralyzes another of the holy children and has his Equinal Slow several of the Holy Children.

One Fang Golem launches spines at Jace, Rolf, Rhys, Soren and the holy Children.

The spines deal 16 damage and cause one of the holy children to be freed from the paralysis.

The other one seems to ready an action.

Lucius waves his hand and creates a large pillar of ice to block of Chrom from advancing and at the same time unleashes a swift holy nova around himself blasting Titania and healing himself. Titania manages to resist the daze effect but takes the full brunt of the energy.

Canas hits Chrom with another quickened Ray of Enfeeblemnt but it simply fails to effect him due to his soul fire armor.

Canas flies down above the pillar of ice and blasts Titania with another ray of light similar to what he hit Chrom with.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-05, 11:31 PM
Jace immediate action switches to katana form before his turn and then full attacks one of the injured non-paralyzed holy children.

EDIT: And then 2d6 * (number of attacks that hit - 1)

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-06, 07:03 AM
Jace manages to drop one of the Angels into negative hit points with his flurry of blows but he doesn't kill the angel.

Titania, realizing she is in a bad spot right now retreats to the corner of the map and readies an action.

Rhys once again focuses on Jace but also burns a charge of his necklace allowing him to share the healing with both Rhys himself and Rolf.

Chrom steadies himself and seems to channel a vast amount of his spirit into his blade which causes it to glow a golden color and light surrounding Chrom continuously is flowing into the blade. He moves below the pillar of ice and ends turn.

Mia on her turn once again whirls her blade upon the Angel and seems to find her rhythm as she critical hits the angel twice cutting deep wounds into it but failing to kill it.

The Helmed Horror's turn and he brings his blade down upon Jace. The force effect of his blade stops as the blade condenses into metal again. Right before the first swing is made Jace feels a strange telekinetic pull on his legs and he falls to the ground tripped. Jace recognizes the effect as a telekinesis effect but he is unsure of what caused it.

The Helmed Horror's sword glows a dangerous black flame as he starts to swing against Jace. The first attack hits dealing 48 points of damage. Jace is also struck with horrible pain and needs to make a fort save versus death and a will save versus bestow curse (Bestow Curse save first then the death save). Soren's eyes flash briefly and he burns his eyes of the oracle buff to cast Wall of Stone trapping the Helmed Horror in further. The horror slams against the wall but doesn't manage to break it this round without his force damage and power attack. Okay new plan. We need to stop the golem's melee capabilities. The wall won't hold him for long.

Rolf pincushions the nearly dead angel and manages to kill the creature. He then readies an action.

The holy children swarm again the one non paralyzed one near Jace attacks Jace but he fails due to Tsuabki's tendrils.

Two of the Angels swarm on the last Equinal and kill it while the last one seems to try to swarm Mia while the one near Mia withdraws.

The one near Titania attempts to engage but triggers Titania's readied action and provokes an AOO and gets slammed to the floor.

The rest of the turn will happen when I am awake again. :smalltongue:

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-07, 06:09 PM
Soren paralyzes the last of the holy children on the eastern side and casts quickened stone shape demolishing his stone wall to the west and using its mass to layer on the wall surrounding the helmed horror, Quick before the golem gets through the stone wall.

He then moves out and casts stinking cloud on the group of celestial angels.

Two of the children pass the save the other two fail.

The fang golems launch spines but fail to hit anyone except Rhys who takes 25 points of damage.

Lucius delays until after Canas.

Canas casts Rexcalibur at Titania, dealing 42 points of damage, stripping every buff she has on her and entangling her due to her failed reflex save.

Canas then launches another explosive shell of positive energy which explodes hitting Titania and Chrom.

Titania fails and takes 30 damage and three soul shards while Chrom passes and is unaffected.

Lucius then sends another holy nova at Titania and Chrom, Titania fails both saving throws while Chrom passes both.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 06:09 PM
(Inspiring)
Will: [roll0]
Fort: [roll1]

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 06:29 PM
Jace nimbly backflips on his feet (immediate action-- back on your feet skill trick). He tries to finish off the nauseated holy child below him before it can recover

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 06:34 PM
Each slash cuts deeper into the holy child:

[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-08, 07:12 PM
Titania is dazed and entangled by the fierce winds holding her.

Rhys moves away from the wall of stone and heals Jace 27. He shouts out Jace lets move! That wall won't hold the construct forever lets keep it moving

Below Chrom calls out to Mia, Mia! Get Titania out of there! and delays.

Mia activates her eternal wand of benign transposition in her sword hilt and switches place with Titania. Chrom then shouts out, NOW MOVE! and Mia ducks out of the way below Chrom

Chrom then raises his sword into the air and slams it down unleashing a golden blast of radiant energy absolutely devastating everything in its path as he screams out, EXCALIBUR in a voice that seems to be about 20 times higher pitched than his normal voice.

The blast slams into the chains and the platform and shatters them both causing rubble and debris to fall to the ground. Canas Lucius and the Angel can't even dodge in time and get blasted with the divine radiance of the blast. The fang golems on the other side of the room also get blindsided and utterly demolished by the blast.

Lucius and the angel die but Canas is actually still alive thanks to all the life leaching he did before.

You can hear thumping on the wall of stone and it looks to be almost shattered but the wall holds for the golem.

Rolf fires his bow and with two incredibly well shot arrows kills the two injured holy children.

One holy child charges towards rolf provoking an AOO from Jace.

The charge attack hits and Rolf coughs up blood from the pain and almost collapses.

Soren casts another wall of stone in front of the construct solidifying the wall even further.

Thats my last wall of stone Jace. Get out of there! Lets regroup with the others.

He gazes at the Child right next to him now which is promptly paralyzed. (The children have not been rolling well on that save…)

Canas flees backwards into the air and casts heal on himself.

It is now Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 07:25 PM
Attack of Opportunity:

[roll0]

Road_Runner
2014-09-08, 07:33 PM
"Here Tsubaki let's get you some more blood." Jace coup de graces the paralyzed child.

Damage: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-08, 10:39 PM
Titania is still entangled and can't break free from the effect.

Rhys heals both Jace and Rolf once for 25 and 29 respectively.

Mia unleashes a series of long range blast of air at the last remaining holy child, slaying it.

Chrom double moves but can't quite reach Canas.

The Helmed Horror bursts out of the wall, he 5ft steps forward and again Jace feels the telekinetic force trip him again. The helmed horror's sword is once again a glowing blade of force. He steps and attacks Jace twice. Both attacks hitting.

The first one is deflected by Tsuabki and the second for 90 damage.

Jace needs to make a will save versus bestow curse.

Jace falls to -2. (He has no immediate actions as he used his immediate to stand up).

Rolf full runs south seeing Jace fall.

Soren sighs, I told that moron to move… He then casts slow. It fails to effect the golem and Canas is immune. Soren then moves south away from the golem.

Canas Launches a holy blast at Soren which hits for four soul shards. Canas than launches a blast of holy light which hits Jace, Rhys and Soren. Rhys and Soren pass their saving throws and Jace needs to make the will save or die.

Road_Runner
2014-09-09, 12:58 AM
Inspired will save: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2014-09-09, 01:43 AM
Jace shoots out jets of thick green kelp from his hands, entangling the helmed horror (defensively casting kelpstrand).

(5 strands all shot at him)

Attack(touch): [roll0]
Attack(touch): [roll1]
Attack(touch): [roll2]
Attack(touch): [roll3]
Attack(touch): [roll4]

Grapple: [roll5] (+2 for each additional strand I believe?)

EDIT: and then if he's grappled jace will stand up.

EDIT: Wait actually I'm not sure I did this right. I just checked the rules compendium for multiple grapplers and it seems like you actually make a grapple check for each one? Might as well confirm before I roll the rest.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-09, 02:24 AM
As Jace attempts to cast he feels a telekinetic force attempt to bull rush him. Make a bull rush check

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-09, 02:28 AM
Bull Rush Check
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-09, 02:31 AM
Jace tumbles across the floor by the telekinetic force passed the Helmed Horror's threatened area provoking an AOO.

This AOO hits for 73 points of damage which completely disrupts Jace's spell casting.

Soren calls out, Chrom! We need help, engage the golem! Mia and Jace engage Canas stay out of the golem's melee range! Rolf help Titania get out of the entanglement

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-12, 07:19 PM
Jace apparently does nothing further with his turn.

Titania is still entangled and can't do anything,

Soren calls out, Rhys get out of there! Mia, swap Chrom and Jace!

Rhys full runs south and Mia uses Benign transposition to swap Chrom and Jace's positions. Jace is still prone.

Chrom uses time stands still and full attacks the Construct almost crushing it completely after numerous slashes and five consecutive slams against the wall Chrom sends the construct flying back 30ft into the corner. Soren! Finish it off.

The construct instead raises it's hand menacingly and a wall of stone surrounds him. The stone looks decently thick as well.

Rolf swiftly moves away from the stinking cloud blocking his line of sight and readies his action.

Soren noticing Rolf readying his action likewise readies an action and calls out, I am out of spells that can break through the stone barrier he has erected. Break through it first! He may be able to recover.

Canas then launches another blast of light at Jace which triggers Soren's readied action. Soren then casts dispelling screen directly in front of Canas blocking the effect completely.

Canas then flies south and detonates another holy nova between Rolf and Titania which triggers Rolf's readied action and he launches a many shot at Canas. Pincushioning him with three arrows including one critical hit for 123 damage completely disrupting Canas's spell.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-09-15, 11:08 PM
Jace stands, and then raises his hands and shoots out thick strands of kelp at Canas.

Attack(touch): [roll0]
Attack(touch): [roll1]
Attack(touch): [roll2]
Attack(touch): [roll3]
Attack(touch): [roll4]

Grapple: [roll5]
Grapple: [roll6]
Grapple: [roll7]
Grapple: [roll8]
Grapple: [roll9]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-17, 02:01 AM
Canas has freedom of movement active and the kelp strands fail to grapple him.

Mia and Rolf launch a flurry of ranged wind blasts and arrows at Canas and his broken corpse falls to the ground.

Chrom is going to use Sudden Jump to move next to the stone wall and starts bashing it down on his 4th attack he shatters through the wall and causes a large section to crumble. However that was his last attack and he ends his turn.

The helmed horror turns towards Chrom raises his sword menacingly and simply vanishes from sight.

The remaining combatants are slain and Rhys heals everyone to full.

Once Rhys heals us I want us ready to move out as soon as possible. Chrom dump all the corpses inside a portable hole. We can't afford to waste time here. That construct might return with additional reinforcements. Lets head back to base for now.

Ludicrious XP time! Jace levels.

Road_Runner
2014-09-30, 01:35 AM
Note: Tsubaki is going to coup de grace any remaining enemies. I believe I got at least 2 shadows during the fight, but I'm not sure what my total is.

Jace returns to the base, slumped with exhaustion. "Good work guys," he says. If Soren doesn't mind, he will take some time to copy fire shield, mass from his spellbook.

Assuming they have nothing else to say, the next morning Jace will wake up and prepare spells. "So what's the plan, guys?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-04, 06:38 AM
Total is 2 unseen servants. The enemies all had fast healing 15. If they weren't killed they constantly got back up

Your group makes it back with limited trouble. You trigger six deadly traps but with Rhys' healing they are nearly painful inconveniences.

Your group collapses exhausted and each individual goes to wind down, Soren to the Study, Mia and Chrom spar Rhys and Titania discuss plans as they stand watch and Rolf is stringing his bow. While Jace joins Soren in the study and copies the spell.

Small conversation emerges throughout the day but nothing of importance. The group goes to sleep early and Jace wakes up in the morning to find Soren, Titania and Chrom sitting in the main room discussing something. The room feels oddly chilly and humid. Almost as if a frozen fog is all around you.

Chrom turns as Jace asks his question, Ah we were just discussing that. Originally we were going to go clear another trap which would leave us an essentially free path to the gate that leads to the 7th floor. But a rather concerning development occurred…

Soren interrupts Chrom, Indeed. The hallway outside of our little fort here is completely coated in a thick layer of ice and a heavy amount of fog has set in. From where I have no idea. Rhys noted while on watch that he saw a strange spectral figure cloaked in a heavy garb in the middle of the fog but he got a rather poor look at it. The ice outside the hallway isn't thick enough that we can't leave but still I don't quite trust this creature to not immediately ambush us when we step into the fog. We may even encounter that strange construct that we ran into last time. I was suggesting we just stay put for a day. We left a buffer time before we have to leave for this exact reason. What do you think Jace?

Soren at least seems to be thinking of Jace better now after Jace showed himself capable in the last fight.

Road_Runner
2014-10-05, 10:55 PM
Jace sighs, glancing down at his non-existent watch. "I mean, I guess I could cancel my appointments for tomorrow... might as well wait. Besides, on the small chance my allies are still alive and near our location, they might actually run into us."

Jace thinks Soren is pretty ok himself.

Also, if nothing happens the next day Jace is going to copy contingency from Soren.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-07, 03:28 AM
Soren nods, Agreed, I shall use divination to try and pinpoint the source of this "Storm", hopefully it is just a wandering trap. I shall put Rhys, Mia and Titania on elevated guard duty. That should be good enough. Chrom it looks like you might have to train by yourself today.

Chrom smiles, I think I got it covered. He picks up Rolf and with one hand essentially heaves him up and almost drags him to the back sparring room. Rolf was doing a lot better when I last saw him. Not quite good enough to defend himself when an enemy gets close but we can work on that. Rolf while being dragged by the collar of his shirt seems to have a mix of apprehension, pride and utter terror as he gets dragged off to spar.

Soren then retires into his study where you hear the chanting of numerous divinations for the next couple hours.

Later in the night it seems the fog and ice still hasn't faded and Soren emerges from his study.

Hm, it seems as if Chrom is still sparring with Rolf. I hope the boy isn't too sore for tomorrow. Anyway, I finished my divinations. The creatures seems to be pacing the hallways and is becoming increasingly erratic. Slamming ice and water into walls as well as screaming incoherently. It appears to be a spectral undead creature of some sort but of which kind I have no idea. I was never an expert of undead so I couldn't identify the creature exactly. Though I will note something, the creature probably won't move away anytime soon. While I was observing its erratic screams and movements it occasionally went lucid. While it did so it turned in the direction of our door seemingly unable to register it as existing. Also it occasionally screamed lines like, "I know you are here I can sense the remnants of betrayal!", and "Assassins and betrayers will be staked as I pierce every organ of your despicable allies of soon to be rotting flesh." to name some of the more colorful ones

Soren pauses, Now, I normally wouldn't be THAT suspicious. But since Tsuabki is the only vampire that I know of, this creature seems to be hovering near our fort I figured I should ask if you happened to piss off any ghosts or creatures recently.

Tsubaki deforms and shakes her head, I would of told you if I know someone was chasing me. I have no idea who this is sorry. Jace do you have any ideas?

Road_Runner
2014-10-09, 02:59 PM
Jace furrows his brow. "Ice and water you say? I can't think of anyone except... but no... that's impossible. There's Kyngos, but she would have died in the ritual, and vampires can't come back to life." He looks at Tsubaki for reassurance. "I mean, right?"

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-10, 02:19 PM
Tsubaki shakes her head slightly confused, I don't really know, becoming a vampire doesn't really give you a good idea of all that we are capable of. I just get the general understanding of my abilities. I don't think that she should be able to come back. Wether she died is debatable since she was in gaseous form where vampires are indestructible and she wasn't there when we came to on the first floor and her glass container was shattered. It is possible she lived but she would of died immediately after.

Soren looks inquisitively, Undead can't be resurrected without consent of the undead and the undead creature returns to life not unlike. This creature is incorporeal and looks similar to a ghost. Who is Kyngos?

Tsubaki responds, She was a vampire who controlled water and ice. We fought and captured her before we entered the tower and she got sent in with us. When we woke up her glass prison was already shattered. But she was already in gaseous form and thus we didn't worry about her.

Road_Runner
2014-10-12, 05:29 PM
"Right, but even in gaseous form, there's no way she would have been able to make it to her coffin in 24 hours. Those gas clouds move slowly, and it was halfway around the world. It's probably just some crazy spirit. However, either way we need to avoid it or kill it. I'm not especially prepared to fight undead right now.. do your divinations give any insight on its abilities?" Jace inquires.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-12, 09:26 PM
Not particularly, it seems to have some hydrokinetic manipulation but it could just be simple telekinesis. It is hard to tell exactly what it can do. I think we may just have to break through it in the morning.

Road_Runner
2014-10-12, 10:03 PM
"Ok, sounds good." Jace will rest and prepare spells, waking up the next morning.

Road_Runner
2014-10-12, 10:38 PM
Jace Casts the following buffs:

Ray of Hope on three allies
Heroism on himself and another ally
Bull's Strength on Mia
Bear's Endurance on Mia and Rhys and himself
Ghost Touch Weapon on himself, Mia, and Tatiana,
Primal Instinct on himself and whoever else wants it (chrom maybe)
Elation on everyone
Resistance greater on self
Favored of Ilmater on self
Sheltered vitality on self
Divine Power on self
Recitation on everyone
Conviction, Mass on everyone
Haste on everyone
Battle Hymm on everyone
Magic Circle against evil on self
Heart of Water on self and one other person who wants it
Heart of Earth on self
Polymorph self into sun giant

Summary of Stat Bonuses:

Me
Polymorphed
+4 con
+5 init
+3 resistance bonus to saves
+3 BAB
+6 enhancement to strength
+8 to bull rush, overrun, trip
+42 temp hp
freedom of movement

Everyone:
+2 morale on attack and skill checks
+2 morale to strength and dex and +5 speed
+2 luck to attack rolls and saving throws
+4 morale bonus to saving throws
+1 to attack, AC and reflex saves
+30 ft to movespeed
+1 extra attack
roll will saves twice

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-14, 05:59 PM
The battle with the spectral Kyngos rages on and Chrom jumps to his feat picks up his blade and ends turn (So effective!)

Rhys heals Jace 45 HP

Titania stands from prone picks up her weapon and 5ft steps towards Kyngos putting Kyngos in her threatened area with thicket of blades.

Kyngos's turn.

Once again the magical leech like aura strips a the Bear's Endurance buff on Jace, (Haste, Battle Hymn, and now Bear's endurance have been removed).

Kyngos gathers a large amount of water from the walls and floor and forms it into two large pillars of water which she sends towards Soren, the water seemingly multiplying its volume as Kyngos didn't gather nearly enough water into the pillars for their size.

STOP INTERFERING WITH MY VENGEANCE!

The pillars of water and ice slam into the avorals and Soren and smash them against the back frozen wall of ice freezing over them. The blast of the water was enough already to kill the avorals so only Soren is stuck frozen in a thick block of ice.

Then she floats through the wall to the north and glares at Rhys, I know you! You are the halfling! The healer who shoots fire! I won't lose focus of you again! I see it now you have all disguised yourselves to fool me! IT WON'T WORK!

Titania gets an AOO but misses on the attack. Kyngos spins and shoots another blast of spiked ice which lodges into her should dealing 23 points of damage.

Soren has no actions he can take.

Mia charges and attempts to break the ice surrounding Soren with her blade. She chips at the ice but doesn't shatter it.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-10-19, 10:00 PM
Haste never got removed, it was conviction (I just checked the chat log)

Jace sighs, "That's not Tuglinok, Kyngos. Really, just because he has healing? You've really gone off the deep end, haven't you."

Jace raises his hand towards the ice encasing Soren. "Allow me," he says, casting melt defensively (because why not) on the ice surrounding Soren.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-20, 09:02 AM
Soren stands from the frozen water, Thanks, I have few spells that will hurt her though. Focus on damaging her rather than rescuing me in the future.

Mia snorts and responds with a chuckle, You know Soren you could stop thinking purely in terms of tactical combat for once. It might even get you to lighten up a bit. I am having trouble with hitting her too but you don't hear me whining.

Soren ignores her and manifests Mental Pinnacle.

Ike moves across the frozen difficult terrain to his current location. He activates his Steel Skin boost giving him +10 DR.

Rhys, really not liking his position moves back and heals Jace 29.

Titania moves there and uses white Raven Tactics on Chrom.

Chrom then uses white Raven tactics on Jace and activates Time Stands still and attacks Kyngos. The first attack hits, the second attack misses and Kyngos uses the opportunity to roll away from the attack. This movement provokes from Titania but she misses and Kygnos exploits an opening to also move away from the attack further.

Chrom 5ft steps forward and again attacks but misses again, hits then misses again and Kyngos is too far away again as Kyngos keeps dodging and moving around.

Still the attacks which connected seem to have dealt significant damage to Kygnos.

It is currently Jace's turn.

Kygnos disorientated rants continue, Cleary I… it becomes clear I see it. The metal one is you the giant is the the warrior who wields tsubaki. But no… where is the Druid? He has to be here. Are the two females summons? Cloaked by a deceitful illusion? No the caster summoned angels…could they be illusions too? The layers… the layers… the deceit only delays the inevitable you fools!

Road_Runner
2014-10-21, 01:26 AM
Jace sighs sarcastically. "No Kyngos, they're all me. I cloned my body and mind several times, and then surgically altered the clones to look like different people. All the clones have specialized differently, but they're all me. You better start killing all of me quickly, before the Tuglinok clones show up. You think just one of him is obnoxious, wait till you meet ten."

Jace raises his hands. "But hopefully this will be over before then." He moves and defensively casts Elwind at Kyngos.

incorporeal chance: [roll0] (1 hits)

Ranged touch(inspired): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

DC 24 reflex save or be entangled

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-21, 02:15 AM
Kyngos's face contorts in fury as she sends a spiral of water towards Jace, Jace notes that his magical form is shrinking and finds that his polymorph is dispelled due to the aura.

The wave crashes into Chrom, Titania and Jace all of whom need to make bull rush checks vs DC 35 or be knocked prone and take [roll0] points of damage and need to make reflex saves or be incased in ice as the wave freezes over.

Chrom fails the bull rush and is knocked south by the rushing water but passes the reflex. Titania fails both and is trapped beneath a frozen wave incasing her.

Regardless of the results of the wave for Jace Kyngos surrounds herself in a shell of ice and multiple thinners walls and hardens the ice around her adding more and more ice to the fortress.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-22, 03:13 AM
Jace fails the bull rush check but passes on the reflex save to avoid being buried, he tumbles on top of the now forming ice and lies prone on the frozen wave.

Soren readies an action

Mia tumbles across the wet floor and launches a blast of force wind at the first outer layer shattering it. (The gray line is the shattered area).

Rhys heals Soren and Jace 24 and 26 respectively.

Titania fails to break free from the ice.

Chrom stands up, uses his swift jump maneuver and smashes a good portion of the ice wall to shards of ice which glitter down.

It is Jace's turn.

Road_Runner
2014-10-22, 11:35 PM
Jace stands from prone and defensively casts melt to melt away the remainder of the ice shielding Kyngos.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-23, 04:18 AM
Soren's readied action goes off with an ego whip which Kyngos resists (She still takes half cha damage).

On Kyngos's turn her magic draining aura drains recitation from Jace and the others within range.

She floats backwards with her 5ft step and controls the now liquid water surrounding her into three 15ft wide pillars which slam into Chrom and Mia. The pillars freezing behind covering the gaps in the frozen wall once again.

Chrom manages to dodge one of the pillars and in fact raises his sword to cut another one directly in half (Counter: Gives total cover) but he gets hit with the remaining one taking, 48 damage and getting slammed back into a wall. Kyngos swirls her arms and freezes the water pouring onto Chrom into a frozen sphere stuck to the side of the wall and Chrom fails to escape in time.

Mia dodges two and dodges to her left but still takes 46 points of damage from the third one that connects.

Kyngos then spends her remaining action forming as much ice on top of Chrom as possible. He is now surrounded by a 15ft radius of ice, it doesn't look particularly hard but there is still a miniature pyramid surrounding him.

Kyngos is still looking around desperately, Took out the mechanical one but where is the Druid. Last fight I lost because I didn't pay attention to the druid I must not repeat… must not repeat…

Soren looks annoyed at the wall of ice but Mia calls out to the rest of the party, [color=blue]We aren't getting anywhere like this. Jace! Can you melt the wall again? I think I might be able to take her out if you can. Rhys! Top me off I very well might die from this.

Rhys looks concerned but does so and heals her for 55 hit points.

Soren readies his action again and Chrom and Titania are stuck. It is Jace's turn. Mia is delaying until Jace melts the wall or breaks it somehow.

Road_Runner
2014-10-23, 04:11 PM
"Ok, here goes nothing!" yells Jace. He casts melt again at the wall.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-23, 06:36 PM
Mia smirks, Lets see what you got Ice Bitch! Mia quickly dashes towards Kyngos as a swift action then activates furious fury letting her full attacks get an additional attack rising tide which lets her deal bonus damage for each attack made this round and rising strike which lets her gain a bonus to hit for each attack made this round.

She then full attacks

The first attack hits and deals 26 points of damage

The second attack misses and Kyngos sends a bolt of ice towards Mia.

Mia then uses Vantage which lets her take a full attack as an immediate action in response to an attack against her.

Her first attack misses and Kyngos sends another bolt of ice into Mia for 20 damage.

Her second attack hits for 18 damage

Her third attack misses and she takes 24 damage

Her fourth attack would connect but Kyngos deflects it and she takes 19 damage

Her fifth attack misses and she takes 36 damage from Kyngos's bolt of ice as it slams into her. The bolt of ice Kyngos would of sent in before this AOO hits for 16 damage.

Mia drops to -4 and Rhys uses his close wounds esque ability to mend her to 3 HP

Mia then steadies herself and deals a finishing blow (Natural 20) scattering Kyngos's spectral body into floating piles of goo. Kyngos rages and screams as her body breaks into a floating ectoplasmic gaseous form.

Jace still has his swift action remaining if he has any way of stopping Kyngos from fleeing.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-23, 08:47 PM
Kyngos screams and howls as she phases through a wall and darts away with alarming speed (At least 60ft move speed). Her voice slowly diminishes as she sprints away from you.

Soren stands up brushing himself off briefly. Okay Rhys stabilize Mia a bit more before she passes out from blood loss. Mia and Jace break out Titania then Chrom. After that we are clearing out the last obstacle before the Drow gate to the 7th floor. I don't think we can afford to stay here and encounter Kyngos again. Especially if she excepts us next time. The next trap room isn't too particularly deadly from my divinations. Rhys once you patch up Mia a bit get Rolf and seal up the base. Then we head out immediately

Road_Runner
2014-10-23, 09:54 PM
Jace nods and starts attacking the ice with Tsubaki. He doesn't have anything else to do before they head out again.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-24, 12:54 AM
You manage to break them out with minimal effort. Rhys patches everyone up while they work.

(You received 1260 XP from the Kyngos encounter)

Soren uses presdigation to warm up Chrom and Titania and your group quickly heads out to engage the next path.

Your group manages to either bypass or simply endure the traps in your way (Iron heart surge for poisons or enduring traps Rhys for everything else) and pass through the altar room to find yourself in front of a large door.

Soren begins the discussion of the next room, This next room is only slightly tricky. It is somewhat of a "Horror" room so make sure you maintain your composure. Essentially the room contains a number of "Portals" to a pocket dimension that unleash tentacles and horrid mouths at you. The room doesn't appear to have an exit and if you stay too long it looks like the mouths and tentacles will just keep spawning into you leave. After about a minute or two of waiting though two to four psionic aberrations form from the portals and you have to kill them for the exit to appear. Cast any buffs now we want all the advantages we can get.

It has been 16 minutes since the last encounter

Road_Runner
2014-10-27, 11:55 PM
Jace nods. "Sounds like an... interesting... fight. Unfortunately I casted most of buffs to prepare that fight because I was worried about how strong Kyngos is. You said we will have to wait for a minute or two for the fight to start though, correct? I have haste, but since it doesn't last very long I think I will cast it while we wait for the abberations to appear."

Jace casts draconic polymorph (sun giant) and favored of ilmater.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-28, 07:17 PM
Your group enters into the room as Chrom pushes the door open and your group moves into position.

The room is filled with and the walls lined with an almost flesh like substance. The room feels like you are inside something stomach, scattered throughout the walls floor and ceiling are miniature mouths ranging from 3ft in radius to 10ft in radius. The mouths are lined with horrible gnashing teeth with a strange blood red drool like substance leaking from their mandibles.

Its fairly easy to avoid the mouths as you move by them and wait. Though Jace notes that even if he doesn't move directly onto the mouth's square they still reach out and lash out at him if he is within 5ft of one but only about 50% of the time.

Rhys however can out heal them while they lash out at Jace.

After 5 minutes the aberrations rise out of some of the mouths, three of them each dressed in fine suits and fashionable gear to attempt to draw attention away from their featureless face and writhing tentacles around them.

Init:
Jace[roll0]
Abberation1: 18
Abberation2: 29
Abberation3: 16
Chrom: 28
Titania: 14
Mia: 9
Rolf: 21
Soren: 22
Rhys: 20

OOC: Place Jace on the map and then I shall reveal the locations of the aberrations and have them take their turn.

Road_Runner
2014-10-30, 03:13 PM
Jace positions himself so Soren and Rolf are in the reach of his massive spiked chain in case they are engaged, while still not being that far titania and chrom. (OOC: he's been placed).

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-30, 04:00 PM
The aberrations rise up from the portals and engage. Luckily since your group was on guard for them only the fastest reacting of the aberrations was able to catch you off guard.

He concentrates and sends out a wave of five bolts of cold energy which slam into Soren, Rolf, Rhys, Mia and Jace. Each missile deals 72 damage to each individual.

Soren and Rolf fail the save for half damage and Mia and Rhys pass with Mia using moment of perfect body.

In addition, Jace has his mind seemingly assaulted from an unknown telepathic attack and must make a will save or take 2d4 charisma damage and be dazed for one round (Will save halves the damage).

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-31, 12:40 AM
*Roll20*

You gain 900 XP from the aberration encounter.

As the last aberration crumples to the ground the mouths and flesh like walls writhe in pain and dissolve into a gas as it slowly dissolves from the room. Soon your group is now in a clean stone room.

Soren slumps against a fleshy wall after the fight looking traumatized, Dammit… DAMMIT! This is my fault. I rushed us I should of kept to the stalling plan and kept us moving forward at a constant steady pace. Now I there the entire mission in risk

Everyone else pretty much is hanging around in quite silence until the door to the next path opens.

Suddenly the floor ripples as a golem emerges as it floats through the ground. It looks eerily similar to the previous golem you kept on encountering except it seems to have gotten an upgrade. It's sword is still the spiked fiendish looking blade from the last encounter, its armor is thicker though and it's movements are quicker and sharper. It appears to have been upgraded into a Battle Horror from a Helmed Horror (Similar abilities except just overall better stats and attack routine etc).

Its blade slams into the ground as a it steps up onto the floor gazing empty hatred towards your group. Chrom and Titania ready the weaponry as Mia jumps into position.

It however doesn't advance, within seconds an illusionary screen appears. It shows a horrible torture room with a series of limbs dangling from chains. An aberration is standing over a table, this hideous humanoid creature has the lower torso of an octopus and the upper torso of a female human. Two long tentacles protrude from each side of the creature's body, just beneath its arms. Its head, while vaguely human, is hairless and features an elongated skull. Black ichor is crossing along its arms up and down moving as it has a will of its own.

Upon his appearance you feel an intense fear and horror come over Tsubaki.

It claps some of its tentacles together and speaks, Glad to see that you are receiving this message Jace and Tsubaki. I am Alastor the Breaker and it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to join the nemesis program! Nobu himself offered you guys for it. And as a side note good to see you again Tsubaki. I know you may have self esteem issues from being a failure but I learned things from your failure and I don't hold any grudges against you! I almost have a perfect weapon that doesn't siphon away from the user it just increases the user power! It's great progress!

But still the nemesis program. To further increase the terror you guys are experiencing while going through this dungeon and to provide exquisitely unique experiences we are making the dungeon a bit more difficult. We noticed you were having difficulty with this construct so we rebuilt him! He is now tougher and stronger than ever before! He shall be deemed your "Nemisis" he will stalk you down all the way the floors. We will cheat and give him the location of where you are resting and you won't see him coming. Luckily for you today is just terror day! We will not unleash him on you just yet. Give us a day or so. And to the rest of you! You are marked as well, if you try to remove Jace and Tsubaki we will just send another nemesis against you guys! Lucky you guys right!?

The image fades and the golem sinks through the floor again leaving the rest of you in a more awkward silence.

Road_Runner
2014-10-31, 01:24 AM
Jace doesn't say anything for a bit. "So this bad situation.... just got worse." He pauses, thinking carefully as he stares off into space. Finally he seems to shake out of it, as if seemingly noticing the situation and his dead comrades around him for the first time. Looking down, he says, "Wow, Rolfy's eye socket really got blasted in. I think some of his brains are leaking out." He winces. "Sorry, that was insensitive. I think I've taken some charisma damage." He pulls out his wand of lesser restoration and starts using it on himself, and then offering to to anyone else who's taking charisma damage (there are 6 charges total). "I also have some limited healing ability. Let me help you guys." (Jace has 7 uses of opportunistic piety. He will use 2 on himself and distribute the rest to everyone else, based on how much they feel they need. Each charge heals 20 hp.) "Ok, we need to regroup and rest up. I can potentially resurrect Rhys and Rolf, but I bet its hard to acquire diamond dust in here. Let's bring their bodies, and the bodies of the psions as well. Soren, any ideas for where we should rest?"

Lesser restoration (as needed, assuming at least 3 rolls are needed)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-31, 02:51 AM
Soren barely even reacts to the discussion once the golem is gone. You probably can't. Not sure if you know but the tower traps the souls of those who die in its walls. Normal resurrection spells don't work. A druid managed to work out a spell that works but I don't know it and obviously couldn't cast it either.

Chrom takes control of the group though, Well regardless we need to get back. Titania carry both Rhys and Rolf. Nothing changes about what we need to do it just is harder now. Soren lets go. Beat yourself up after you have slept for a night. I will go in front, the traps can barely hurt me and I can probably walk back without worry if we just head back. Jace keep up any healing you can pull of then especially if I get badly poisoned. Tsubaki and Mia I want you two pulling range duty to cut and or break all the traps we encounter that reset.

With a bit of difficulty (About 80 damage worth to Chrom) you guys manage to make it back to the fortress still coated in a decent layer of ice. Your group wearily makes it way back into the fortress and the rest of the group sulks briefly in the main room until Chrom begins to speak.

Nothing changes. This has literally changed nothing. We fight our way down to Elysium and we can get them better. Don't think of them as gone. They are only gone if we give up right now. We will get through this and see them soon.

He walks over to Soren who still seems a bit out of it and smacks him with a plated gauntlet, Soren falls over on the ground clearly reeling and bleeding from the strike of the blow. What the hell?!

I am not as smart as you and you know this. But even I can see that this wasn't your fault stop blaming yourself for this.

I could of planned around this, I made a tactical error not trying to trap one and letting them have free reign over the battlefield. If I had protected Rhys and Rolf better they wouldn't be dead. I shouldn't be making this kinds of mistakes… I

Chrom slaps him again sending him tumbling off his chair, Well you're making another mistake right now. So why don't you fix what you can! They are gone! Gone forever unless we can get to Elysium. Which we WILL! Crazy ghost ladies, a construct we already nearly killed before and any other worthless traps can't stop us. But in order to do that we need our tactician! So get up and think about what we need and how we are going to get it!

Soren seems to be pulling himself back together after that, You're right… you're right Chrom. Okay. We will need a new source of healing and preferably a way of getting around traps that don't drain our resources. We don't have the resources necessary to pull off an attack on the Drow to steal whatever resources we need but we might be able to pull of a stealth mission. We are leaving this floor tomorrow now so it doesn't matter if it pisses off the Drow. We can get passed the traps by having us simply stay in an extra dimensional space and have Tsubaki turn gaseous and simply avoid most of the traps. His vitality seems to be recovering more as he solidifies a plan. Yes that should work, we should rest and regain spells. Perhaps Mia, Tsubaki Jace and I would go on the stealth mission. Chrom you and Titania make too much noise.

Tsubaki interrupts, I will go alone and I will go tonight. Tell me approximately where they are and I will get them for you. I refuse to put this team in risk any further without pulling my weight better than simply being an enchanted piece of metal. I am trained in stealth and in assassination I will be able to pull this off better alone than with anyone else.

Very well, if no one objects I will go over what I have found out about the Drow with Tsubaki. The rest of you use what remains of our first aid to treat your wounds. Hopefully we will have magic in the morning to finish the treatment. Does anyone else have any comments Titania simply calmly shakes her head and Mia seemingly pumped up a bit from Chrom's speech shakes her head.

Road_Runner
2014-11-29, 01:52 AM
Sorry, I know I've been realllllllllyyy lame. :P I'm a terrible person. I've altered Jace spell list a little bit just to let you know.

Jace watches Chrome and Soren's interaction with a serious expression, his normal joking demeaner gone. "We knew something like this was bound to happen. Hell, we've gotten lucky to get to this point without someone dying before. The best we can do is try to avoid making mistakes, and don't look back until we make it to Elysium. Speaking of which," Jace looks at Tsubaki. "If you want to go alone, that's fine. However, I hope you're not going alone because you feel bad, but because you think it would be best. We can't afford to lose anyone else over something as silly as pride."
"Losing Rhys is unfortunate, as now our healing is a limited resource. I can prepare some vigor spells to help out. Between that, my healing wand, and my divine (nonspell) healing powers, we should be ok as long as we keep the injuries to a minimum."
"One more thing," says Jace, looking at the corpses of the psions. "We just lost two party members. The fights on the way to Elysium will only get harder. We'll probably die trying. However, to make our chances better we need every advantage we can get. I believe I can animate these psions into dread warriors, which should be very useful in combat. Does anybody have any moral qualms about animating undead?" Jace asks, his face hard. "If you do, please keep your mouth shut. We can't afford to miss any opportunity to make ourselves stronger." Jace pauses, exhaling. "Ok, well I'm going to get some rest. If you have any spell requests, please see me in the morning, but otherwise assume it will be a mix of the usual buffs, some healing, and the spells necessary to animate these two psions."