PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [Pathfinder] Help with odd Char concept

aethel27
2014-07-28, 07:43 PM
I am trying to create a dwarven wizard that wanders around with his own little personal army of constructs, at low levels I plan for that to be light ballista and at lvl 11 I'll create my own little personal guard of rune guardians of wrath with the magic missle spell...

Looking for recomendations on what spells would be beneficial (unlimited ammo and reloading hands are already on my list of to get) and fun ideas for constructs arcane cannon spell might be a possibility.

Might use empyereal dwarven sorceror as base instead for a starting caster ability score of 19

All suggestions welcome, I'll post some possible builds to get critiqued later on.

deuxhero
2014-07-28, 08:31 PM
Char concept? I'd advise against it, Construct Armor is pretty bad. Instead of being a wizard with a construct pet, you spend a large chunk of gold to be a construct (which has costs typically mean is underpowered for what you'll be facing) with an intelligence score.

aethel27
2014-07-28, 08:49 PM
Never Mentioned Construct Armor, Char as in Character.

deuxhero
2014-07-28, 09:15 PM
It was a joke.

I don't think Rune Guardians would be that effective with magic missile, they only their SLAs at CL3, so it's merely 130 feet which is fine on a tactical level but is horrible on a strategic one, and 2d4+2 is an average 7 damage, you can do WAY better for 7000 gold each. Note that's just barely in the second increment for a composite longbow before feats and absolutely dwarfed after them)

grarrrg
2014-07-28, 09:44 PM
Never Mentioned Construct Armor, Char as in Character.

Not sure myself, but I'm thinking it's probably a Gundam reference.

aethel27
2014-07-28, 09:47 PM
good point probably going to try something more along the line of a construct catapult with an ex ability to fly, unlimited ammo soucre reloading hand and the ammo being a item shrunk down to 90 lbs so when released it increases in size and damage.
Or create a portable hole of light ballista manned by undead with high dex scores and points in engineering, then put it on a shield of our fighter and let them shoot through that...

Stone guadrians or terracotta soldiers and probably also simulacra of more powerfull beings for a personal guard? Might do a simulacron of a adamantine golem for giggles....

ALso I'll be specializing in creating these myself along with traits to decrease the cost so preferably anything made of stone or metal for the constructs so I can have the cost drop by 10%

EDIT might use vials of alchemical fire that weigh 90 pounds to launch from the catapult along with unlimited ammo... now to check if there is a material component max...