PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Soul Knife Build

CyberWyld
2014-07-28, 08:15 PM
Gonna be playing a SoulKnife in an upcoming Pathfinder Campaign. Starting at lvl 7. Here’s what I have so far…I’m new to Psionics so I have plenty of questions. Forgive my ignorance. :/

With Force Screen and Inertial Armor that effectively puts my AC at +8 when in effect right?

I took Psionic Meditation to ensure I can stay focused more easily. So does that add all of my wisdom modifier (+5 currently) to my attack and damage at all times? Does this bonus also apply to my CMB and my double sliced? (As long as I'm focused and have Focused Offense active?)

Also with taking the bonus to critical hits with my mind blade, I'm not 100% sure how that works either. :( Does that lower the threat range for crits with my mind blade? if so to what?

Can I have focused Offense and Defense active at the same time? I'm not 100% sure how focused Defense works. I have to declare I'm fighting defensively in order to take advantage of it? Or do I have to have the feat Combat Expertise?

Do I still get access to the mind blade enhancements? Which if I understand would be a total of +3 at 6th lvl but -1 for using 2 light weapons. So a total of 2. So they can each have +1 enhancements on them, and can those be different?

Finally, Why did I bother with monk at all? If I plan on fighting with two mindblades and not unarmed, what did monk get me? (Or was it for the AC bonus of +5 from my Wisdom?)

I'm still learning Pathfinder...so the Psionics stuff is really confusing on top of that.

Any suggestions to the build or fixes you see I'd love to hear. Thank you mucho!

Race: Elan
Classes: Monk1/ Gifted Blade6
Hit Points: 44
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Speed: Walk 30 ft.
Languages: Celestial, Common
Stat Score Mod
STR 10 (+0)
DEX 17 (+3)
CON 10 (+0)
INT 13 (+1)
WIS 21 (+5)
CHA 7 (-2)
-------------------------- Skills --------------------------
Skill
Acrobatics 9
Appraise 8
Autohypnosis 15
Heal 5
Knowledge (Psionics) 5
Knowledge (Religion) 5
Perception 15
Ride 3
Sense Motive 5
Stealth 13
Survival 6

-------------------------- Feats ---------------------------
Combat Expertise
You can choose to take a -8 penalty on melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +8 dodge bonus to your Armor Class. You can only choose to use this feat when you declare that you are making an attack or a full-attack action with a melee weapon. The effects of this feat last until your next turn.

Double Slice
Add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon.

Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a -5 penalty.

Psionic Meditation

CMB Output

Combat Reflexes
You may make 3 additional attacks of opportunity per round. With this feat, you may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.

Stunning Fist

Total / Touch / Flat Footed
AC: 18 / 18 / 15
Initiative: +3
BAB: +6/+1
Melee tohit: +6/+1
Ranged tohit: +9/+4
Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +10
Will: +12
Unarmed attack:
to hit: +6/+1
damage: 1d6
critical: 20/x2
Flurry of Blows:
to hit: +5/+5/+0
damage: 1d6
critical: 20/x2.

Gifted Blade Spells

Level 1
Force Screen (Psychokinesis)
Saves: None DC: Casting: 1 standard action
Duration: 4 minutes Range: Personal Components: Au
SR: No Effect: Invisible disc provides +4 shield bonus to AC. Target: You
DESC: Invisible disc provides +4 shield bonus to AC.

Inertial Armor (Psychokinesis)
Saves: None DC: Casting: 1 standard action
Duration: 4 hours [D] Range: Personal Components: Vi; see text
SR: No Effect: Tangible field of force provides you with +4 armor bonus to AC. Target: You
DESC: Tangible field of force provides you with +4 armor bonus to AC.

Shinken
2014-07-28, 08:32 PM
Drop Double Slice, it sucks.
What are your blade skills?

CyberWyld
2014-07-28, 08:44 PM
Drop Double Slice, it sucks.
What are your blade skills?

Well hell I thought I included them. I'm sorry.

Focused Offense, Focused Defense, Combat Slide.

Drop Dbl Slice in exchange for? Is up the walls worth grabbing?