PDA

View Full Version : Mean Old Cranky Pants[PrC]

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 12:24 PM
Mean Old Cranky Pants

Hit Die: d6
Requirements:
Skills: Perform (oratory) 8 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Knowledge(local) 5 ranks
Feats: Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
Special:Must be of the old or venerable age category. Must have been mean and/or cranky (DM's discretion) to at least ten people, one of which must have been a commoner and one of which must have been younger than 14. Must have worn a pair of pants.

Class Skills: Bluff(Cha), Listen(Wis), Perform(oratory) (Cha), Knowledge(local) (Int), Intimidate(Cha), Spot(Wis), and Profesion (wis)
Skill Points at Each Level: 2+Int modifier.

MEAN OLD CRANKY PANTS
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Cane Thwack +2, Intimidating Rant

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3| Stop throwing things at my house!

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+3|
+3|Cane Thwack +3, Biting Sarcasm

4th|
+2|
+1|
+4|
+4|Tough Old Bird

5th|
+2|
+1|
+4|
+4|Cane Thwack +4

6th|
+3|
+2|
+5|
+5|Angy Lecture

7th|
+3|
+2|
+5|
+5|Cane Thwack +5, You hooligans go home!

8th|
+4|
+2|
+6|
+6|Rage

9th|
+4|
+3|
+6|
+6|Cane Thwack +6

10th|
+5|
+3|
+7|
+7|Mean and Cranky people never die.[/table]

Cane Thwack(Ex): The cranky pants is known for wacking those who cross him with his walking stick. He gains a +2 competence bonus on all attack rolls made with a quarterstaff. The bonus increases by +1 every other level.

Intimidating Rant(Ex): The mean old cranky pants' angry voice can shake even the toughest of foes. Once per day for every class level he possesses, he may add his ranks in Perform(oratory) to an Intimidate check.

Stop throwing things at my house!(Ex): The mean old cranky pants is accustomed to having things thrown at him. He gains a +5 competence bonus to AC whenever he is attacked with thrown or ranged weapons.

Biting Sarcasm(Su): The cranky pants' sarcastic rmearks can actually harm the target. Wice a day per 2 class levels, the mean old cranky pants can make a Bluff check (DC 10+ 1/2 half target's level) against an opponent to deliver a biting sarcastic remark. The target must make a will save (DC 10+Bluff modifier) or suffer 1d6 points of damage per every three character levels possessed by the cranky pants . Mindless creatures are unaffected.

Tough Old Bird(Ex): The mean old cranky pants is tough both mentally and physically. He gains natural armor +3 and the benifits of the Iron Will feat. (This stacks with the feat, should he also have it.)

Angry Lecture(Ex): 3 times per day, a mean old cranky pants may make a special lecture check. The target of the lecture must be at least one age category younger than the cranky pants. The cranky pants adds his class level and his ranks in Perform(oratory) to the lecture check, The lecture has different affactes, depending on the success of the check.
{table=head]Roll|Effect|
1-9| Nothing
10-14| Target is shaken for 1d4 rounds.
15-20| Target is shaken and dazed for 1d8 rounds
21-25| Target acts as though under the effects of a fear spell cast by a spellcaster of the cranky pants' level.
26+|DM's Dicretion[/table]

You hooligan's go home!(Ex): Once per day, a mean old cranky pants may make a DC 25 Perform(oratory) check in order to start a rant causing the targets to go home. This affects 3 targets per level. The targets must fail a Dc 14+ Cha modifier Will save to be driven home. Outsiders are banished to their native planes.

Rage(Ex): Once per day a mean old cranky pants may rage as a barbarian of one fourth his level.

Mean and Cranky people never die.(Ex): As longas the cranky pants remains truly mean, old, and cranky (DM's discretion), he is incapable of dieing of old age. He can still die of any other cause.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 12:25 PM
Finished. Please give me your imput.

NullAshton
2007-03-03, 12:36 PM
Is "Get off my lawn!" a class ability?

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 12:39 PM
Is "Get off my lawn!" a class ability?

I was going to call, "You hooligans go home!" get off my lawn. I decided against it.

Neek
2007-03-03, 02:50 PM
That is, without a doubt, awesome. I'd just go back and proofread it for typos. There are a couple.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-03-03, 03:02 PM
I'd make it Get Off My Lawn.
Other'n that, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 03:27 PM
I'd make it Get Off My Lawn.
Other'n that, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But they don't have to be on his lawn. They only have to be not at home. That's why I didn't call it Get Off My Lawn.

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-03, 04:24 PM
Leaving class features up to the DM's discretion is never a good idea.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 04:35 PM
Why is it not a good idea?

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-03, 05:14 PM
Not all DMs are actually good DMs.

Mewtarthio
2007-03-03, 07:29 PM
Leaving class features up to the DM's discretion is never a good idea.

You mean like... determining when someone has shifted alignment? The Paladin Code?

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-04, 01:09 PM
The class features left to the DM's discretion will stay that way.

The_Snark
2007-03-04, 03:55 PM
You might want to provide some examples as to what sort of effect they might have, though, just as a guideline.

It seems like Intimidate could be a class skill.

The capstone is great. Makes me want to be a mean, cranky old person when I get that old.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-04, 03:59 PM
You might want to provide some examples as to what sort of effect they might have, though, just as a guideline.

It seems like Intimidate could be a class skill.

The capstone is great. Makes me want to be a mean, cranky old person when I get that old.

Intimidate is a class skill.

The_Snark
2007-03-04, 07:13 PM
Oh... right. The non-alphabetization confused me when I went up to check the class skills. My bad.

Nahal
2007-03-05, 11:46 AM
No caster progression? I'd figured this would be a class for wizards

Neek
2007-03-06, 01:02 PM
I can't really think why this would be. Surely, were I a wizard, I'd take at least a one-level dip into this, but this is more of a motif than any wizard could (and plus, the Wizard'd have some awesome spells to ensure no hoodlums are on his lawn).

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-06, 05:05 PM
I really don't have any idea why a wizard would take the class. Mean old cranky pants don't cast spells. Hence, no spellcasting.

TempusCCK
2007-03-06, 05:19 PM
First Prestige Class that I'd ever consider using, but just on NPCs, after about a dozen levels of commoner.

Eleven
2007-03-07, 07:44 PM
YOU ARE MY IDOL! This is so cool.

Tussy the Druid
2007-03-07, 08:21 PM
That gave me a good chuckle.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-07, 09:20 PM
Would anyone here mind playtesting this for me?

jjpickar
2007-03-07, 10:34 PM
OOh! Now if only there was a race of intelligent monkeys we could make kranky kong. :smallbiggrin:

knightsaline
2007-03-08, 12:24 AM
there is an intelligent race of monkeys. they are called humans

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-08, 05:56 AM
there is an intelligent race of monkeys. they are called humans

Humans are apes. Not monkeys. While apes and monkeys are both groups of primates, they are not synonyms.

Although the Kongs are apes, too..

Timberwolf
2007-03-08, 06:16 AM
You've done it now, watch out for the Librarian !!

Seriously, I love this idea, it's great, sounds exactly like my old next door neighbour

KazilDarkeye
2007-03-08, 05:47 PM
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Man, this is so funny I fell off my chair; "Stop throwing things at my house!" - priceless, timeless, whateverelseless...

ExHunterEmerald
2007-03-08, 06:22 PM
Although the Kongs are apes, too..
King or Donkey?

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-10, 11:42 AM
King or Donkey?

Both are apes. But why would someone name a gorilla Donkey? :smallconfused:
EDIT: OH! DONKEY KONG!