PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Devil Worship

defiantdan
2014-07-29, 01:18 PM
So I've got my wizard all built up but I'm looking for ways to cram in some more evilness into the character for optimization(caster level, durability, int bonuses). he was a young human wizard who summoned Pazuzu for an inherent bonus to int then sold his soul to a devil for two bonus feats. He later allowed a devil to possess him as an ally for a profane bonus to int. Reaching venerable age fearing the nine hells became a necropolitan performed by a Dread necromancer in a desecrated area by an evil altar(would becoming a lich be better?).

This is all I have so far.

Zanos
2014-07-29, 02:03 PM
As long as we're already off the deep end, you can also pledge yourself to an Elder Evil to get up to five bonus Vile feats, based on your number of hit dice.

Nercopolitian with the Clone spell is probably better than Lich, since Lich is both expensive and costs 4 levels.

Arbane
2014-07-29, 02:05 PM
So I've got my wizard all built up but I'm looking for ways to cram in some more evilness into the character for optimization(caster level, durability, int bonuses). he was a young human wizard who summoned Pazuzu for an inherent bonus to int then sold his soul to a devil for two bonus feats. He later allowed a devil to possess him as an ally for a profane bonus to int. Reaching venerable age fearing the nine hells became a necropolitan performed by a Dread necromancer in a desecrated area by an evil altar(would becoming a lich be better?).

This is all I have so far.

Tainted Scholar?

defiantdan
2014-07-29, 02:08 PM
Tainted Scholar?

Sadly if I go tainted scholar and I'm a necropolitan my taint score is fixed at 10 +half my cha I think.

Sith_Happens
2014-07-29, 03:57 PM
1. Open the Book of Vile Darkness to page 26.
2. ???
3. Profit.

Falcon X
2014-07-30, 01:43 AM
If you aren't already using spells from Dragon 300 and Book of Vile Darkness, you're missing out. Torture stuff. Gruesome stuff.

You could also start taking fiendish grafts onto your body and start collecting souls to trade to fiends.

If you are willing to go... THERE... You can crack open the Book of Erotic Deeds and there is a spell called "Fiendish Seed." When cast on yourself, it makes your next fun time result in a 100% pregnancy, even when protection is used, and the child is always born as a half-fiend. Use as you travel the countryside for decadence that will last many lifetimes.

You could also do this: http://s132.photobucket.com/user/Krumnaug/media/motivator9c7fb21bccd76a202edbe8382c.jpg.html

defiantdan
2014-07-30, 09:06 AM
I was thinking of grafts but I'm not sure how they interact with being undead and with the polymorph spell. As for acquiring souls it is something I definitely want to do but i'm not sure how I can get them.

Gildedragon
2014-07-30, 02:56 PM
get thianium shards, some sovereign glue, coat the former in the latter, launch object to someone, kill them

Graypairofsocks
2014-07-31, 04:25 AM
If you are willing to go... THERE... You can crack open the Book of Erotic Deeds and there is a spell called "Fiendish Seed."

There is a spell which is similar to that (in purpose at least) in Dragon #300 (which you mentioned), it is called Searing Seed.

It fires a ray which basically makes the person it hits make a fort save or be forced to give birth to half-fiend clone of them(the person the ray hits).
The clone hates its parent, but is indifferent to the caster IIRC.

Yeah, I wonder what the guys who made that were thinking.

daemonvatis
2014-08-07, 11:33 PM
I was thinking of grafts but I'm not sure how they interact with being undead and with the polymorph spell. As for acquiring souls it is something I definitely want to do but i'm not sure how I can get them.

As a DM, I have the Nine Hells sell (homebrew) soul-collection books cheap. These books are signature-based and give ownership of the soul to the devil who issued them. The devil then provides suitable compensation to the character

Alex12
2014-08-08, 12:23 AM
Sadly if I go tainted scholar and I'm a necropolitan my taint score is fixed at 10 +half my cha I think.

That's one way of reading it. The other way is that .5Cha+1 is your starting taint score, and further increases just build off of that. At that point, you're okay as long as nobody hits you with a resurrection spell. At that point you've got 24 hours to either drop your taint below the threshold for becoming an NPC or become undead or get the evil subtype.
There's also a ritual in Savage Species (page 148) that lets you gain the evil subtype, but it costs 56k gp and 2240 xp, and you need a cleric level 7 or higher with that domain.

Now for my favorite part. Magic item crafting XP. Just assume everything is from Book of Vile Darkness unless otherwise noted.
Pain Extractors let you torture creatures and extract Liquid Agony from them, which can be used for 3 crafting XP per dose. I suggest using the Iron Maiden of Preservation in conjunction with that to keep them from dying before you've extracted an amount of Liquid Agony equal to their Con score, which is the most you can get from them.
Get a thinuan dagger (special material from Complete Warrior), it traps the soul of anything that dies while touching it, and holds one soul at a time. Souls can then be spent instead of XP for things like magic item crafting, as per BoVD, at a rate of 10 craft XP per soul.
Now sacrifice the withered husk of the thing you've been torturing to the Dark Gods. You should be able to get something neat from it, ranging from dark craft gp or XP to some cool magic buffs. BoVD has more details. Use the thinuan dagger in the ritual for maximum efficiency, since you can then spend the soul itself too.

Phelix-Mu
2014-08-08, 12:40 AM
To get souls, I'd first use extract drug as often as possible for a few years, selling the proceeds cheaply enough that everyone can afford it, but dearly enough that 90% of everyone is driven into poverty by the resulting addiction. Ideally, choose one that does Wisdom damage, but I'm not sure if one exists. As a side benefit of step one, you are stinking rich (always adds to the evil aura, in my mind). Eat only roast kittens and line your coats with the skins of virgins (the ones you didn't do the other thing with before your meal).

Step two is to get a way to easily access suggestion or similar mind control. Convince addicts that are hard up for cash that they can sell you their children, their spouse, their grandmother for more drugs.

Then, once they've sold all their relatives for drugs, suggest that they sell their soul for more drugs. Work out the paperwork in advance so that the soul is really yours. Of course, give them the drugs; they've earned it at this point.

Well, mission accomplished, but since you now own the addict's family (who are all hopefully well on their way to becoming addicts themselves), use some kind of mind control to convince them all to help out with the ritual torture and sacrifice of the original addict/loved one, who has rather outlived their usefulness, and in any case is snorting ungodly amounts of coke, eating into potential profits.

Sprinkle with a bit of forced procreation with demons and fiendish creatures. Rinse. Repeat.

Note: If virtue persists after following the above regimen for more than two weeks, consult a doctor. Then get the doctor addicted to drugs and use him to corrupt/addict all of his patients.

Phelix-Mu
2014-08-08, 12:47 AM
There is a spell which is similar to that (in purpose at least) in Dragon #300 (which you mentioned), it is called Searing Seed.

It fires a ray which basically makes the person it hits make a fort save or be forced to give birth to half-fiend clone of them(the person the ray hits).
The clone hates its parent, but is indifferent to the caster IIRC.

Sounds like they just finished playing Exalted. Exalted: where evil and good are so messed up that the best guy ever is a douche, and the cosmic villains are trying to save the world(-ish).

Seriously, there are a whole bunch of charms in Exalted that sound just like this. One consumes Johnny, and replaces Johnny with a demonic lookalike. Great stuff, with a very loose definition of "great." I love the game for, among other things, it's totally subjective morality that turns every archetypal conflict into an issue of who wants to play the good guy, or who wants to play the bad guy, as the terms are basically useless in the objective sense.

Apologies for potential double-posting.

Arbane
2014-08-08, 04:13 AM

They heard about FATAL, and didn't take enough brain-bleach afterward?

defiantdan
2014-08-08, 05:58 AM
Thanks all for the recommendations. There are some truly sinister things PC's have access to hahahaha. The drug addiction is a new one that I had not seen.

Phelix-Mu
2014-08-08, 07:44 AM
LN changeling factotum or something focused on making a profit/getting rich no matter the cost did that in one of my campaigns. Basically joined the mafia and became a regional distributor. Actually derailed considerable portions of my vampire-centric plot, although he was only partly aware of it; turns out that vampires really thrive in cities full of drug-addled mortals. In the end, the vampires took over the patronage of his drug trade, and the rest of the party (which had been mostly in the dark regarding this part of the changeling's double life) caught on and ran the changeling out of town/the campaign.

It's such a low-cost spell to spam, even at fairly low op, that it makes drug production into a bit of a joke for anyone that can get together one or two spellcasters of mid-level during downtime.