PDA

View Full Version : Optimization How do i capitalize on two-handed bludgeoning?

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-29, 04:45 PM
Pathfinder two-handed fighter archetype has some cool things. Are there other classes that would do this better? What feat combos would be best. And how can i make bludgeoning attacks better? (slashing has slashing fury feats and keen stuff, what can i do with bludgeoning?)

Skills and fluff are negligible, I'm looking for best and most damage.

Vaz
2014-07-29, 04:50 PM
Cornugon Smash and Dire Flail Smash are the two that spring to mind (the latter 3.5 content grandfathered in).

Arbane
2014-07-29, 05:26 PM
Power Attack and Furious Focus, of course.

If you want to scare people, Bludgeoner and Enforcer is a nice combo.

Darkweave31
2014-07-29, 09:43 PM
If it's at the beginning of a sentence? On two-handed bludgeoning. If it's a title? Depending on the writing style it could be "On Two-Handed Bludgeoning" or "On Two-handed Bludgeoning"

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-29, 09:47 PM
If you can use things from 3.5, there's the Three Mountains feat in CW and the Greater Mighty Wallop spell in RotD. Plus the Greathorn Minotaur Greathammer in MMIV that has a natural 19-20/x4.

Snowbluff
2014-07-29, 11:04 PM
Power Attack and Furious Focus, of course.

Furious Focus is pretty much trash.

I prefer Cornugan Smash.

In 3.5 , the Three Mountains feat would shut down the people who survived your full attack.

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-30, 05:38 AM
I probably should have pointed this out, but 3.5 IS allowed, so we're not just limited to PF

Cornugan Smash is cool pretty cool, but the character isn't going to have a high CHA or intimidate so i don't know how useful the feat would ultimately be.

If you can use things from 3.5, there's the Three Mountains feat in CW and the Greater Mighty Wallop spell in RotD. Plus the Greathorn Minotaur Greathammer in MMIV that has a natural 19-20/x4.
That hammer is exactly the kind of weapon i've been looking for. And GM Wallop is what i plan to use to make my DM cry!

If it's at the beginning of a sentence? On two-handed bludgeoning. If it's a title? Depending on the writing style it could be "On Two-Handed Bludgeoning" or "On Two-handed Bludgeoning"
Thanks, it was the first title one i wanted. I wasn't totally sure if "on" should've be capitalized. Thanks everyone, you can go home now.

So STR is very good. War hulk is out of the question (the character is small) and i might dip into Dragons Disciple to get STR bonuses. Any other suggestions?

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 05:41 AM
So STR is very good. War hulk is out of the question (the character is small) and i might dip into Dragons Disciple to get STR bonuses. Any other suggestions?

Well War Hulk isnt NECESSARILY out of the question, if you go Stoneblessed (Goliath) and then take Goliath Racial Sub level 1 for barbarian you grow to large size when you rage (I imagine it would look like eating one of the mushrooms from mario) :smallbiggrin:

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-30, 06:00 AM
Well War Hulk isnt NECESSARILY out of the question, if you go Stoneblessed (Goliath) and then take Goliath Racial Sub level 1 for barbarian you grow to large size when you rage (I imagine it would look like eating one of the mushrooms from mario) :smallbiggrin:
That special requirement is a problem, though. It, literally, will not fit into the time-frame of the character's back-story.

Also, just so everyone is aware, this character is an artificer's homunculus, that has enhanced HD, owner has Imp. homunculus feat, advanced creature template, and is advancing with class levels (2 racial HD and 12 class levels). The DM ok'd this. Basically the sidekick/muscle to my artificer/mastermaker. Taking advantage of having no con would be cool.

Vaz
2014-07-30, 06:43 AM
Undead (maybe all?) creatures with no Con score (Con -) use Charisma for abilities which use Constitution in 3.5. Not sure if that applies in pathfinder? If so, amplifying Cha, and using debuffs will improve the parties abilities, without feeling like you are soloing the encounter