PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Combos for Arcanist Bloodline Development and School Understanding

13ones
2014-07-29, 08:44 PM
So with these two totally legit, fair, and balanced abilities you can cherry pick an arcane school and a blood line. The School gets you the first level ability x+CHA mod times per day as if you were a 1st level Wizard (spend an arcane pool point to get it equal to your level). And the Bloodline gets you not only the 1st level bloodline ability, but also the bloodline's Arcana, as if you were a first level Sorcerer (spend an arcane pool point to get it equal to your level).

There are clearly some REALLY solid combos. I'm looking at mixing the Admixture and Undead bloodlines. Admixture lets my blasts be super effective while the undead bloodline makes it so EVERY Enchantment spell, Phantasm, and Mind-Affecting spell would work on them.

So what are some crazy combos you'd come up with?

maximus25
2014-07-29, 09:41 PM
So what are some crazy combos you'd come up with?

Simple, play an Arcanist.

The whole class reads like they tried to put all the optimization options in class. No special feats or skills or combos necessary. Just play it and you're optimized out the wazoo.

13ones
2014-07-29, 09:56 PM
Well yeah, of course. But I'm just looking for combos people would want to try out. I mean it doesn't take much for the entire thing to get super over powered. With it you can be the best at any Save or Lose builds.

For example:

Pick up the Foresight Arcane School, combine with the Fey Bloodline. So you get Prescience which lets you preroll a d20 and use it to replace a roll. The Fey Arcana is a +2 to Compulsion, which are the best mind affecting spells (Confusion, Suggestion, Insanity, Feeblemind), and then throw spell perfection, spell focus, and the fact you can spend arcane pool points to bump up the DC of spells and suddenly you have a save or lose feeblemind tossed at someone.

Snowbluff
2014-07-29, 10:42 PM
IF you can use the Sorcerer Favored class options, add Kitsune to the above.