PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Ways to cheat death as a 4th level artificer?

RPGaddict28
2014-07-30, 03:28 AM
I'm currently bringing in a 4th level artificer in a 3.P game, and this artificer use to be my wizard that got killed, and revived for free, but I had to use a different build. He was explicitly told me this is the last time, IC and OOC. I can't trust my party, because when my wizard died, they realized they could rez him, I had the gold on me, yet still they did nothing.

The actual mechanical plan was a way to have my body be covered in quintessence, and have my homoculus use a scroll of last breath on me, and I am aware that requires me to be 5th at earliest, but I can't think of a way to cover myself in quintessence in a round. I also have a familiar, a blue hedgehog that grants initiative bonuses, and come level 5, I'll have Craft Magical Arms and Armors, and Craft Construct.

Sith_Happens
2014-07-30, 03:31 AM
If you can boost your caster level by one you'll be able to craft items based on Delay Death.

ryu
2014-07-30, 03:34 AM
At this point you should be able to gain access to decent mid level summoning spells thanks to artificers getting access to things before they normally come online. Binding is a big one. I believe it was the nightmare that would you cheap access to astral projection?

RPGaddict28
2014-07-30, 03:52 PM
At this point you should be able to gain access to decent mid level summoning spells thanks to artificers getting access to things before they normally come online. Binding is a big one. I believe it was the nightmare that would you cheap access to astral projection?

I'm not familiar with what spells that might be. What book?

ryu
2014-07-30, 04:10 PM
I'm not familiar with what spells that might be. What book?

Specificically planar binding? Both that and astral projection are core. The nightmare is a creature.