PDA

View Full Version : Will Hinjo die in the Siege? (spoiler?)

yenober
2007-03-03, 02:47 PM
With Azure City under siege I think that Hinjo is under equal threat as the city. Will he die? How? I vote # 2.

Not try to be a spoiler. I just think that is funny that he is in more danger from the city than from the army outside it's gate. I'm here for the funny. I'm sure that there are some very good takes on the situation out there that I would enjoy hearing.

Be gentile, it's my first poll.....

Tilian
2007-03-03, 02:49 PM
Well he won't now!

(just kidding, but you should probably throw a spoiler tag on the title and just have "During the siege, will Hinjo....")

Setra
2007-03-03, 03:05 PM
I don't think Hinjo will die, but that doesn't mean he won't.

Oxymoron
2007-03-03, 05:58 PM
Unless Azure city is brought down i ruin, i don`t think Hinjo will die. Who will replace him, those other corrupt leaders?

Demented
2007-03-03, 06:24 PM
How is Hinjo supposed to weep the loss of his city if he's dead? Nay, I say!

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 06:25 PM
Nah He won't die.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-04, 01:05 AM
Thog likes puppies. Failing that, Roy'll save him!

The Wanderer
2007-03-04, 02:00 AM
I give Hinjo 50/50 odds. The main ways I imagine his story working out is that either he dies heroically in the battle, (at which point the city's defenses collapse and the Order has to do a frantic escape), or that Azure City falls but Hinjo leads a group of its defenders out and at some point after Xykon is beaten they return to reclaim and rebuild the city.

The Extinguisher
2007-03-04, 02:03 AM
I doubt it.

If he was supposed to die during the siege, he would have taken over sooner.

Balathustrius
2007-03-04, 07:18 AM
If my analysis of the story is correct, there is little room for him to live. Xykon is likely going to Girard's gate at some point, if I understand the prophecy. This means that Azure City is somehow rendered insufficient for the purpose of his plans - likely razed to the ground, with the gate destroyed in the battle. Hinjo can't really join the OotS, I don't think, as his oath prevents him from journeying to the other gates (?) and he would be something of a superfluous addition besides. Therefor, he must die.

But I think he will die heroically. Maybe Miko will kill him. Ooh, or Belkar. :smallamused:

Oxymoron
2007-03-04, 12:15 PM
The gate will be destroyed like last time and Xykon will abandon the city to steal a ship to the western continent (hopefully the ship with all the corrupt aristocrats). Hinjo will survive to rebuild his city, since there really isn`t someone to take his place anyway.

Green Bean
2007-03-04, 02:07 PM
Hinjo die? Don't be silly. Just because he's been manouvered to the point where he's close to the main characters but not irreplacable to the plot doesn't mean...

he's going to die, isn't he?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-04, 05:58 PM
Kinda hope so. He's too damn smug for me.

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-04, 06:19 PM
Hmm. I don't see any reason for him to die. I don't see how it would advance the plot in any way, sorry. Could you explain why you think he'll die?