PDA

View Full Version : Mitigating nonlethal damage without racial abilities?

WarKitty
2014-07-30, 12:49 PM
I'm looking at words of creation. What I need is a good nonracial way to mitigate nonlethal damage. And so far all the solutions I'm finding require being of a particular race.

Bakkan
2014-07-30, 01:14 PM
The spell Favor of the Martyr will do this I believe.

WarKitty
2014-07-30, 01:19 PM
The spell Favor of the Martyr will do this I believe.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's really any good way for me to get access to that spell or an item thereof. I was hoping there was something a little cheaper, since I don't need the rest of it I just need to not pass out from nonlethal.

Segev
2014-07-30, 01:34 PM
Any healing restores both lethal and nonlethal in the same amounts, if that helps. So a wand of lesser vigor would actually heal you of 11 lethal AND 11 nonlethal if you'd suffered at least that much before the spell ended (and started with at least 1 point of each before the spell was cast).

WarKitty
2014-07-30, 01:49 PM
Any healing restores both lethal and nonlethal in the same amounts, if that helps. So a wand of lesser vigor would actually heal you of 11 lethal AND 11 nonlethal if you'd suffered at least that much before the spell ended (and started with at least 1 point of each before the spell was cast).

What I really need is a way to do this without using an action in combat. 3d4 when you don't have a huge amount of health can hurt pretty badly.