PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Manor

Landaro
2007-03-03, 04:03 PM
OOC:
1. In case that this will ever happen, I want to retain the right to restart the thread, so that I will be able to edit the new first post.
2. Just like the entry under town-characters (see sig) I will be updating this first post now and then, so keep an eye upon it.
3. A new map was added
4. Doubleposts might happen now and than, as this is a home-thread!

~ Dragon Manor ~

“The day shall come that a young elf will enter this world. He will roam the land for some time, but his destiny will find him. His soul carries the seed of our kindred. Look out for the one who bears the mark of ancient honour. He will not know his heritage, but you will feel it. Guide him on his way, wherever you will find him, until the day he acknowledges his past, his present and his future. That day we will celebrate for he will then forth walk in two worlds and tie them together. He will serve our cause and thus we will serve his for together we will stand. Alas, the day shall come!”

- a saying among dragons

http://landaro.de/Bilder/stuff/dm_sign.gif

This is the home of Landaro Amlugsereg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2043735#post2043735), the reincarnation of a once powerful elven prince with a draconic heritage. Everyone who enters with peaceful intentions will receive a warm welcome and, given the right point of time, a warm and delicious meal. People with strong links either to the elven or the draconic culture are especially welcome, just like all those with a close affinity to nature.

[Description]
in Daylight
Outside
Those who approach Dragon Manor from the streets of Town Hills Apartments, will come to an estate that differs from the rest of the houses of Town Hills. It is situated on a corner of the district and the area is separated from the street by a hedge of evergreens, about waist high to humans. In the middle of the hedge there are a gate and a pole, both elaborately carved from dark wood. A brass plate dangles from the pole, saying “Dragon Manor” ((see above)). From the gate a small cobblestone path leads up to the entrance of the house while a second path forks from the first and runs around the left side of the building, where the stable doors are. The square building, 75 feet along the baseline, is two stories high, with a tower at the far left corner that rises another one and a half stories above the rooftop. The ground floor walls are crafted from sturdy granite with tall, slender windows every five feet. The glass panes are framed in finely wrought cast-iron. In contrast to this the first floor is build from shining alabaster and the window frames are made of the same elegant dark wood as the entrance gate. The part of the roof which runs from the tower to the front is flat with three crystalline cupolas in a row that reflect the sunlight and scatter it everywhere. The rest is covered by a slanting red tiled roof.
Three small stairs climb up to a two-winged door which is carved from oakwood. The carvings show the slender forms of elves and dragons that are entangled in an intricate pattern. The scene appears like a dance frozen in mid-motion, but when you look close enough the wooden figures seem to move, very, very slowly. The words “Assantil, Fallorien!” are written above the door and their meaning is something like “Enter, my Friend!” in an old elven tongue.
If you come across the rolling grassland that stretches from the manor to the distant woods, you can see the porch and the balcony above on the rear of the building. Meanwhile, you pass through a grove and by a small pond that is located somewhere near the edge of the estate (which is not marked on the rear side like it is at the front.
Inside
The two wings open into the main hall but your view is obscured by a heavy red velvet curtain. The door to your left leads into the stable. When you turn right through a wall opening that is partly covered by another dark red curtain you enter the huge parlour. The room runs across two stories and takes up more than a quarter of the whole building. A gallery runs along the east and south wall on the first floor. You can reach this balustrade with spiral staircase in the south-west corner of the room. The fire is out and the room is filled with sunlight that falls through the numerous windows. The guest rooms can easily accommodate two guests of the house, and if there should be the need of additional lodging, the landlord freely offers his parlour as a warm and dry place to lay down a blanket and rest. Landaro occupies the complete first floor and the rooms in the basement, where his library is located

at Night
Outside
When it gets dark outside, the landlord has placed a few simple torches around the estate. Two flank the main door, and three illuminate the cobblestone path. On the porch and on the balcony there is one each as well as one on the outermost corner of the tower.
Inside
For the beginning, Landaro has also placed a few torches in the hallways and in the parlour, where a small fire under the mantle piece emanates a comfortable heat. When Landaro is not occupied with equipping his new home, he can be found humming old sad tunes in front of the fire.

[Note on the door]
There is a note on the door saying the following: ((IC-Info about the Characters' whereabouts))
Landaro is currently out. He may be found at the OmniShop. Beware of the Dragon!

Feel free to leave a message if you like.
[Maps]
Blueprint of the House:
Go to this link (http://landaro.de/Bilder/stuff/Dragon_Manor_all_normal.jpg) or ...
http://landaro.de/Bilder/stuff/Dragon_Manor_all_normal.jpgBirdseye view on the estate:
you'll find it here (http://www.landaro.de/Bilder/stuff/DM_birdeye_cl.jpg)

[Resident Characters PC / NPC]
Landaro:
Proprietor of Dragon Manor.

Landaro
2007-03-03, 04:09 PM
(( The note is now included in the entry post, see above ))

Sophistemon
2007-03-04, 07:18 PM
Norban walks up to the gate and waits for Landaro to unlock it.

Landaro
2007-03-04, 07:27 PM
An ancient elven word which Landaro mutters under his breath, makes the gate swing open. In passing, Landaro takes a short look in his post box, but when he finds nothing, he starts to walk up the path that leads to the main entrance.

The stable is not yet ready, so Onyx remains on the front lawn, while Landaro and Norban enter the empty building.

Landaro leads the carpenter into the parlour and to a makeshift table that is loaded with sketches, blue-prints and other notes. Among the papers, there is a detailed and labled map of the interior ((see above)).

The items he bought are lowered in a corner beside the staircase.

Sophistemon
2007-03-04, 07:30 PM
Norban remains standing and looks around. "Ah... nice place. What is it that you were looking for in terms of furniture?"

Landaro
2007-03-04, 07:46 PM
Landaro leans over the table and he starts to point with his hand at the several rooms on the map.

You might have seen that there's practically nothing around.
Well, lets start with the basement. The library needs several book shelves, a few chairs and a small table to sit at and read. You could decorate them with carved leaves or vines or something like that but the other rooms down there need more sturdy than elaborate equipment. The strongrooms will do with a few chests and the celler needs cupboards to store food and certainly a wine rack in this separated part of the room.

He looks up to see, whether Norban got all of this ...

You are certainly free to walk around, the doors are all open. For the nice pieces I would like you to use a dark wood, like that on the window frames. For the practical ones you can use oak or whatever suits best.

Sophistemon
2007-03-04, 07:50 PM
Norban nods and starts exploring, taking notes on a pad.

Landaro
2007-03-04, 08:10 PM
In the beginning Landaro walks along to point out a few more details he would appreciate and to offer his plans on the rest of the house.

In the parlour I would like to have a large table with fitting chairs to dine. It should accomodate at least ten, no twelve persons. Then there should be a cosy area around the fireplace and in that corner you can erect a dais like a small stage. Those two bedrooms will each get a double bed, a wardrobe, a desk and two chairs, while the drawing room will be equipped to accomodate a party of three persons in cushioned chairs at a tea table. The pantry and the kitchen should be clear as well.

Mhm .. That's all for the ground floor I think.

On the first floor, the office needs a desk, three chairs and some book shelves. The wardrobe-room should be clear again and for the bathrooms I will hire someone else to do the stoneworks. For the bedroom up there I want a kingsize four-poster bed and a table with two cushioned chairs.
Now, see the lab there? I will need four long rows of sturdy tables in there and a few on the walls as well. A few feet of the south end should stay clear, though, and the summoning chamber won't need any furnishings.

As far as I can see now that ought to be all.

Quite a lot, huh?

Landaro is apparently agitated, that something is happening at last.

Sophistemon
2007-03-04, 08:15 PM
Norban continues to take notes. "Mmhmm. How do you feel about a light leather to contrast with the dark wood? For chairs, I mean. And couches, and love seats, and so on."

Landaro
2007-03-04, 08:19 PM
Hmm.. sounds great I would say!

I think I will retire to the lab upstairs, to store my purchase and get a little work done. If there is anything important you can just come up and ask me, but I think I can leave the details to your judgement. You certainly have the necessary expertise.

With that Landaro turns around to head for the spiral staircase.

((I'm off for tonight. Not much left of sleeping time :( Let us continue this tomorrow, ok? ))

Landaro
2007-03-05, 05:42 PM
As Landaro ascends to the ballustrade on the first floor, the magic items and the boxes with the seeds and plants rise into the air with him, staying at the same level as the elf himself.

Shorodar had awakened when Landaro and Norban were inspecting the interiour for the furniture and is now circling the parlour with incredible speed, following sharp bending trajectories and performing brakeneck manoeuvres. The ocasional flap of his wings breaks the silence, as Norban hasn't started with the actual work yet. Nonetheless the dragon appears to be at his ease.
Ignoring Shorodar for now, Landaro enters the huge greenery in the eastern part of the building. He is pleased with the prospect, although the room is still empty as all the others. Especially the three glass domes in the ceiling speak of fine craftmanship and expertise. Looking at the right angle, Landaro squints to see a beautiful circular rainbow appear before his eyes.

He walks to the south end of the room and deposits the items at the wall, while placing the two wooden boxes in front of him. Then he squats down and starts to examine the contents of the seed box before turning to the one with the plants in it. On a sheet of paper that he takes out from his sleeve he makes notes on his findings, complete with small pictures and diagrams.

He wants to give nature its share of his living place as soon as possible, so why not start right now.

((That's all for today, I need to get back some sleep and the board is horribly slow since yesterday. Don't no whether its the server or my connection which should be at 2k downstream minimum ... Anyway waiting 10 Minutes for a refresh takes the fun out of it. Hope it gets better. Bye. ))

Sophistemon
2007-03-06, 05:12 PM
Norban finishes his notes and returns to the OmniShop.

A half-hour later he comes back, carrying a large Crate of Holding, out of which he removes tools and supplies. He begins constructing the furniture.

Landaro
2007-03-06, 05:32 PM
Sometime during his research, sounds from the parlour reach Landaro's ear. He decides to make a brake and leaves the room.

He steps on the gallery and looks down to see that Norban is engaged in his work. The man might need a brake as well in a few hours. Landaro, who wants to be a good host, walks down in the corridor. He leaves the house, and takes a quick ride to the OmniShop, to get the ingredients for a couple of tasty sandwiches.
Returning with a small brown paperbag he enters the parlour again.

Another makeshift table serves him as a kitchen desk to prepare the snack.

When he is ready with his snack he walks over to Norban with a small tin-plate in his hand.

Hey Norban, I've got a vegetarian one or one with bacon and beef. Which do you like?

He offers the plate to Norban.

Sophistemon
2007-03-06, 05:54 PM
Norban finishes working on the tables and begins on the bookshelves.

EDIT

Norban takes the bacon and beef.

((Isn't this exciting?))

Landaro
2007-03-06, 06:00 PM
((Scry ... Sarcasm? We can fastforward if you like ... ))

Landaro gulps down the vegetarian sandwich and looks at the works, Norban has already finished.

So, Norban, how are you getting on?

Sophistemon
2007-03-06, 06:23 PM
((Don't take me too seriously today. I'm sick and rather irritable.))

Norban smiles as he hammers a tack into place. "Doing fine. Yourself?"

Landaro
2007-03-06, 06:33 PM
Just the same, ya know. I can't do a lot until everything is in place, but a small headstart is still possible. I think I will start with a small project I spent some thought on in due course.

He thoughtfully contemplates his sandwich.

I always wondered about how you could get all the stuff you acquire, especially on adventures, home easily. And yesterday a thought crossed my mind. Something like a mixture of a Bag of Holding and a modified Gate, to redirect the bags target area. Maybe I can get them to reach my strongrooms, oneway, of course.

((Never mind, but I am off already. Most time I can spend on weekends. Good night to you.))

Sophistemon
2007-03-06, 06:35 PM
Norban continues to work.

EDIT

Norban has finished the majority of the furniture, needing only to add leather to the seats and carvings to the armrests and table edges. He begins, going slowly to ensure a good job.

Landaro
2007-03-07, 07:23 PM
Not really getting ahead with his project of portable strongrooms, Landaro lays that piece of work to rest and returns to the parlour. Seeing that Norban has achieved a lot in the meantime, Landaro begins to Levitate those pieces of work that are already finished to their designated places. Every now and then he stops to look over Norbans shoulder. He is still impressed and pleased with the work the carpenter is doing.

The OmniShop certainly gained a new regular customer these days.

Sophistemon
2007-03-07, 09:52 PM
Norban finishes carving a leaf-and-vine pattern onto the armrest of a chair. He applies the proper oils and waxes, and stands. He smiles as he wipes his hands on his pants. "Not bad," he says.

Landaro
2007-03-09, 04:34 PM
((Shall we percieve Norbans work as finished?))

That one is really a nice chair. You are a true artisan, I see that now. May I ask you a question? What are you doing in your sparetime, when you are not building such beautiful, custom-made furniture for the customers of the OmniShop?

Shorodar finishes one of his countless flights around the room and settles on landaro's shoulder. Giving of a high pitched, joyful shriek, he bends his head down to Landaro's ear. On second thought he decides to use his telepathy instead of his voice.

It looks nice, at least. You resort to your old style - in a way ...

And by what token do you know, what I liked in the ... in the other world - he struggles to pronounce this idea - when that knowledge still escapes my own grasp?

I have a deeper insight into every aspect of your being than you might appreciate. Shorodar is speaking out loud too now.

Let me show you ...

Suddenly Landaro's eyes unfocus, staring into infinity, while swirls of colour appear before his inner eye that slowly form into the interior of a room. A room that much resembles his new parlour, but a lot older and more venerable. Other pictures float into his head, but they pass by too quickly to get a clear view.
He doubles over and falls back into one of his new chairs, looking ill.

Sophistemon
2007-03-09, 10:52 PM
((We may, if you wish.))

"I don't have much spare time. The Distinguished Gentleman is a fair employer, and he pays well, but he works us hard. We fairly earn our hefty salaries. I get off one day a week to myself, and I usually spend it resting or puttering around my workshop."

He pauses and sees Landaro collapse into the seat.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Landaro
2007-03-10, 08:32 AM
((Ok, then we're finished with that part ... but I don't mind if you stay around for a while ^^ )

After a while, the stream of images becomes clearer and Landaro has the vision of flying across a vast expanse of woodland, enclosed by snowcapped mountains. A smaller set of mountains is also situated at the center of the forest. He is heading that way. When he gets closer he can see a long stair that leads up to lake, the excess water tumbling down the rocky face in a glittering waterfall. He passes the lake, low above the surface and on the other shore a city is rising out of the slope of the mountain. Brilliant white domes and spires, interset with bridges and stairs that are suspended by nothing but the clean mountain air.
Landaro lands on a huge plaza in front of a palace-like structure. For the first time he looks down his body and sees four mighty, clawed paws; the body is covered in green to violet scales. Then a tingle runs through his body and he is engulfed in swirls of colour. Afterwards he feels more like himself again. He walks to the palace, on elven legs, but the vision is gone ...

Meanwhile, Norban can see Landaro's eyes scan the surrounding but they appear to look at a different place. He blinks a few times and his irises seem to be vertical slits instead of circles, more lizard-like than elvish.

Shorodar sits on the high back of the chair and appears to be in some trance or something.

Then both awake again ...
Landaro's eyes focus again and settle on Norban.

What ... what happend?

Sophistemon
2007-03-10, 10:26 AM
"Dunno. But maybe you should see a cleric if that isn't the first time that's happened."

Landaro
2007-03-10, 12:43 PM
Feeling better soon, he gets up out of the chair and shakes off the dizziness.

Maybe I should do that, but I'm not sure ... Everything seemed so .. familiar.

Because you have seen it before. Comes the statement from Shorodar. You remember, step by step and for every shred of memory, you regain knowledge. Can you not feel the draconic powers hidden in your veins?

Shaking his head in disbelief he turns to Norban again. Maybe I just need to get some fresh air. What do you think? We cold go back to the OmniShop, and I will get the things to make a welcome party ... You and your master are certainly invited!

Waiting for an answer, he starts to levitate more furnishings to their target rooms.

Sophistemon
2007-03-10, 01:14 PM
Norban shrugs. "Sure. Though he's my employer, not my master. Slavery is illegal in Town, you know. Even Warforged are free people."

Landaro
2007-03-10, 01:23 PM
Sorry, I didn't want to imply that ... It appears that phrases from my ... my past do not fit in that well around here.

Landaro puts down a chair in one corner, takes up his cloak from another and slowly walks to the door.

Sophistemon
2007-03-10, 01:42 PM
Norban follows.

Landaro
2007-03-10, 03:13 PM
When both have left, Landaro locks the door behind him. Shorodar flies up to the roof and settles down there.

I'll give you a warning if anything unusual happens. I mean unusual besides the everyday weirdness around here.

I'll be fine with that, if you want to.

The elf and the carpenter leave the estate and head for the OmniShop.

It's a nice day, ain't it?

((directly this time :smallwink: ))

Landaro
2007-03-11, 04:02 PM
Sensing that something is happening with Landaro through the voids of mind, Shorodar decides to drop by and watch. He sets up an alarmspell to notice him of any unwanted visitors and flies in the direction of the OmniShop.

((the entrypost has been updated!))

Landaro
2007-05-02, 01:20 PM
Several weeks later ...

After Landaro and Shilea were freed from the severe area of deadtime they returned to Dragon Manor a few days ago. The small sapplings which Landaro had planted around the house have already grown into small bushes and miniatures of the trees they are going to be one day. Shilea moved into one of the rooms on the lower floor and started to make the manor kitchen her empire. By now there are three tiny to small fire elementals that see to the necessary heat in the oven. She has also two Unseen Servants under her command, one is doing the dishes while the other accompanies her on the shopping trips to fetch important ingredients and stock up the pantry and cellar.
Meanwhile, Landaro has bought a few books and scripts on different topics to fill the first boards in his library and a lot of new plants, seeds and sapplings. Some of those He collected from the woods, like Vassla flowers, Silverdew weed and a Kruunak bush. He also brought a Bluetop Toad, but the mushroom escaped him and set up a small colony in the dark corners of Landaro's greenery.

The sun stands loww on the horizon and Landaro leans on the rail of the balcony. Fondly, he looks down on the young groove behind the house, where the first trees are claiming their ground. The tranquil pool in its middle can still be seen through the sparse canopy and the water looks pure and clean. His eyes then move further out into the country until he can see the dark green perimeter of the woods and the vast range of mountains to its side.

Shorodar sits on the rail to one side, his tail slung around the cast-iron bars and doses in the late afternoon sun. The whole atmosphere around the manor is peaceful and quiet.

Landaro enjoys those moments, when he can become one with the spirit of nature, the spirit of his patron. Through the door behind him he can hear Shileas lively and youthful voice. I am out to do some shopping, I'll be back later! She shouts. The front door falls shut and it is quiet again.

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 01:42 PM
Baeleck wanders up to the gates of Dragon Manor from round the side of the Town Hills Apartments, and looks through the railings, before venturing into the complex and searching around for Shilea.

Landaro
2007-05-02, 01:48 PM
Landaro hears the footsteps on the gravel path in his front yard. Turning away from the beautiful scenery he enters the house. Shilea wouldn't be back that quickly, so there is a visitor to be welcomed. Without haste he steps down the stairs to the main hall and opens the front door to see who is there.

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 01:52 PM
Baeleck grins broadly as Landaro's form comes into view. He raises his hand in greetings to him as he steps up to the door.
"Good day, Landaro. You wouldn't happen to know where Shilea is?" he enquires.

Landaro
2007-05-02, 01:57 PM
Good Evening, Baeleck! Landaro exclaims in surprise. An open smile runs across his features. Would you mind coming in, or has the quest for you loved one first prority? He remarks with a twinkle in his eye.

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 02:01 PM
"I could stop by for a short while, maybe..." he says.
He is rather eager to find Shilea again, but he doesn't want to be rude and vanish off straight away. Besides, there are a couple of thins he would like to discuss with Landaro. He steps inside with a smile, and looks around the property. At the same time, Shal and Ethrai also appear next to him, and wait expectantly for orders.

Landaro
2007-05-02, 02:23 PM
Landaro moves aside and guides the way into the parlour. A small fire is dancing under the mantlepiece and the area around it with sofas and a low table appeares cosy in spite of the huge two-story room. A pot of tea sits on a small stove on the table with several delicate cups. Do you like tea, Baeleck?

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 02:45 PM
Baeleck nods.
"I've grown to appreciate it recently. I didn't use to drink it, but I do like a good cup of tea nowadays."
He turns to the two mephits.
{Auran} "Shal, do you mind going and fetching Elune for me?" he asks.
Shal replies with an indignant grunt and is gone in a twink.
{Auran} "Ethrai, see if you can find Shilea, but tell her to wait for me, wherever she is. I'll let you know when a portal for myself is needed."
{Auran} "Right away."

Landaro
2007-05-02, 02:52 PM
Landaro sits down beside the fire and motions to a cushioned seat for Baeleck. He then pours two cups of tea and a bittersweat aroma rises into the air. Sit down if you like. He carefully sips from his cup of tea, which is still rather hot.

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 02:54 PM
Baeleck does so, taking his cup and blowing it lightly before taking a sip.
"Thank you. How have you been in our absence?" he asks Landaro.

Landaro
2007-05-02, 03:05 PM
Oh, I've been fine. Shilea and I got along rather well since she moved under my roof, but she kept talking of you all the day. This didn't stop us in turning this place comfortable, though. He takes another sip from his tea. She's not home right now, as you might've guessed. I think she would have turned up like a whirling avalanche, if she would be. He smiles fondly. But what about you? How was your journey to Tirganach?

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 03:11 PM
Baeleck smiles.
"It was a good trip. Lots of worshiping and ceremonies that Elune especially was envolved in, but still time to celebrate our festival of Kalhachi." he explains.
At that point, Elune steps into the place through the portal, grinning at Landaro and Baeleck. Her smile holds no warmth though.
"Ah, here she is."
"Hey Bae."
She takes a seat by Landaro.
{Elven} "And under the light moon, I greet you, good Landaro."

Landaro
2007-05-02, 03:28 PM
Landaro rises to beckon to Elune.

{Elven} Be welcomed under my roof, friend Elune. Have a seat and join us.

When he sits again he settles on common again. Baeleck just started to tell me about your journey. He pours her a cup of tea without asking and places it infront of her.

Baeleck
2007-05-02, 03:34 PM
Baeleck leans forward a little as Elune sits, and Elune pours herself a cup of tea.
"Yes, it was a good trip, albeit strenuous at points." she comments, taking the tea and instantly cooling it to a temperature she likes.
"Why am I here? To discuss something?"
Baeleck takes the small box from his pocket and opens the top to reveal the beautiful and rather expensive-looking ruby ring he has.
"Wedding arrangements." they say in unison.
"I thought you hadn't proposed yet?"
"I haven't. But I want everything ready."
"Well then, me and Umbras have a treat for you..." she says, grinning.

((That colour should be slightly different. It doesn't look it, though =P.))

Landaro
2007-05-02, 03:39 PM
Landaro thinks for a moment after this proposal. It appears .. hmm .. that I will need someone else to see to my kitchen .. hm? He looks back and forth between Baeleck and Elune. But I think she will be pleased, as far as I can tell.

((I am off for now, see you tomorrow.))

Baeleck
2007-05-03, 10:31 AM
((Yeah, I kind of vanished anyway. My dad turned off the computer manually because he got angry with me :smallfrown:))

"Oh, I should hope it will only be for a short while. Who am I to deprive you of such a wonderful cook?" Baeleck replies, chuckling to himself and then sipping some more tea. Elune nods a little, finishing her mouthful and smiling.
"I'm sure you'll both like it. You don't have to worry about a thing, Bae. We'll sort everything for you."
Baeleck appreciates Elune's generosity, but wants to be in control.
"What, I don't get a say in it at all?" he asks.
"Nope. I want it to be a suprise. Trust me, you won't regret it. Go, find Shilea."
Baeleck pauses momentarily, and then does so, calling for a portal from Ethrai and entering it.

Landaro
2007-05-05, 10:52 AM
((I have to apologize for missing two days without saying. We'll continue at Trogs when we are both online; I'll wait for you here))

Landaro listens silently to the discussion of the two and nods to Baeleck when he leaves.

He then looks to Elune: Do you want to keep the actual procedings from me as well, or am I allowed to add something to the ceremony on my own? I would be pleased when I could be of any help.

Waiting for Elune to respond he fills up his noe empty cup. The gifted observer might notice that Landaro already poured tea out of that pot more than it could probably hold (i. e. a pot of endless tea, free choice of leaf).

Baeleck
2007-05-05, 12:01 PM
Elune smiles, sipping a bit more tea and then refilling her cup.
"Oh no, of course not. You can help out; I just wanted to make it a surprise for the two of them. Me and Umbras have a great idea that I'm sure they'd both like. If you would like, I could elaborate?"

Landaro
2007-05-06, 06:51 AM
((I will be only the whole day today, with a few afk-periods of one hour each in between. Just to let you know what to expect. I hope we can continue the plot now. ))

Landaro nods and smiles: Of course I would appreciate it. What is it that you have on mind? By the way, would you like to see the estate? I think you will like it.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 07:02 AM
((Ok, sure))

Elune grins.
"Well, me and Umbras are going to make a chapel up atop the mountain, made of ice but heated with fire. We thought it would be symbolistic of them coming together, and afterwards we can make it into a temple for followers of Aryn. I'm sure Bae and Lycande would both like that."
Elune then finishes off her tea quickly.
"I'd love a tour around the estate. Please, lead on." she says, standing.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 10:09 AM
Landaro finishes with his cup of tea and stands as well.

A heated chapel, crafted from ice? I take it that you have something in store to keep it from melting, hmm ... ?

He walks over to the spiral staircase in one corner of the parlour and climbs upwards to the gallery.

Come, there is something up here that you will really appreciate ...

((I'll revive Shilea now as well .. ))

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 10:19 AM
Elune quickly follows him.
"Have no worries, my powers can surely stop the ice from emlting away. It just requires that little bit more concentration." she says, stepping up the staircase.
"What are we going to look at?" she asks.

Vhaidara
2007-05-06, 10:31 AM
A man and two children, both about 10 years old, approach the door. When they reach it, the man knocks.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 10:32 AM
He waits on the second floor walkway for Elune to catch up before he continues to speak.

Do you remember the day we walked in the woods to collect weeds, plants and so forth? I will show you what I have done with those samples.

He slowly walks along the wooden floor boards and heads for the door directly across.

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 10:36 AM
*a man rings the door bell, he Is nicely dressed but has a sword in a sheet on his belt*

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 10:38 AM
((Ok, what's with all the people suddenly rushing here? We're busy with a plot at the moment, if you haden't noticed...))

Elune grins excitedly as she follows Landaro to the door.

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 10:43 AM
Hello. my name us Tereal Barkinson. I am the Chamberlain at Silver thorn castle. I was wondering if You lord would like to come to the castle for a night. we like to be nice and good manner with fellow nobles.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 10:47 AM
((Nobody's even answered the door yet. Different door. A door to a room, not outside. Also, I suggest not waisting your time and leaving now. I don't like to be harsh, but you seem to be getting on everyone's nerves, Nightwing.))

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 10:53 AM
((OK, don't see how but as you wish))

*Tereal leaves*

Vhaidara
2007-05-06, 10:55 AM
*The man and children leave, but leave a note on the door.* It reads:
Meet me at the Silverthorn Tower as soon as possible.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 10:56 AM
((Thank you))

Elune glances back downstairs as she hears the knock (Bookboy) at the door.
"You hear that?" she asks.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 11:01 AM
((Ok, I don't want it to get messy within my walls. I suggest that we assume that no one answers the door (the landlord is busy) and that you, Nightwing, left a note as well, saying would you just spoke out, ok?))

Landaro is agitated and curious about what Elune will think of his research, so he doesn't get the knock.

I beg your pardon, I didn't hear anything ...

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 11:05 AM
Elune shrugs.
"Probably just me then."
She continues to the door and waits for him to present what is behind it.

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 11:07 AM
((ok. if you say so.))

Landaro
2007-05-06, 11:14 AM
Slowly Landaro unlocks the door and opens up, allowing Elune to enter first. After you, if you please. He bows slightly. When Elune is going to enter, she will have the sensation of walk into a dense forest. Only on very few occasions she will spot a corner of a table or the grey stones of the wall. Even the floor is covered with leaf litter and a layer of earth. The only aspect indicating that they are still within a building are the tall windows on the far wall and the glass cupolas above, which allow rays of sunlight to slant across the room at odd angles.

Welcome into my empire. Landaro is grinning broadly. The greenery!

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 11:17 AM
Elune is in sudden awe of the place, spinning around slowly to take in the whole room.
"It... it's amazing!" she gasps breathlessly.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 11:22 AM
((Here we go again with a replenished stomach .. ;) ))

Landaro is pleased that Elune likes is working place. Most of the plants she will see in the greenery are from this world but she might spot a few that she probably has never seen before.

You like it? He asks as he slowly walks along rows which look like grown asiles. In case that Elune wants to look down she might see the small bluetop they collected earlier hiding behind the trunk of a young tree. The Vassla flowers in full yellow blossom are standing on a sideboard that appears to grow right out of a different tree.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 01:22 PM
"Why it's absolutely wonderfull..." she replies, still looking upwards to the furthest corners of the room. There are a few strange plants over in one corner that she does indeed not recognise.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 01:49 PM
Landaro follows her line of sight and notices the small bramble of vines growing in one corner of the room.

I knew you would like it. Plants have always fascinated me. Especially those which you can persuade to accomplish specific tasks for you.

He points in the direction they are both looking.

Those for example are one of my favorits. Tallasnian Tangle Vines. When you work near them, they can easily offer you a third or fourth hand to help you, but back then, in that past that always seems to come back to me, I think I used them as a defense mechanism in my realm to keep unwanted intruders from my borders.

He remembers the incident Elune had with a sort of rather violent vines and quickly adds:

They are not lethal of course, but they can be quite powerful when they are fully grown.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 01:53 PM
Elune weakly smiles, looking back at Landaro again.
"This place has such a wide array of plants in. Naturally, you'd never find so many in the same place..."
She pauses for a moment to look around even more.
"Yet, it looks so natural... like all these plants could be found together."

Landaro
2007-05-06, 02:20 PM
That's what I had in mind all the time. Those, which you might not know, are mostly recreations of plants that grew in Sîl'varás. I am using the shards of my former knowledge to bring them back to life.

He walks over to a tree that already looks quite prominent.

Here, for example.

He gently lays down his hand on the bark of the tree and seconds later, the air around him appears to glow faintly green and a low melody drifts along. There are words that Elune might remind of the Sylvan tongue, but they are still different and beyond grasp.

This continues for a while until the tree starts to move. It is only a rustling of his crown inspite of the total absence of wind at first, but then a large branch bends down, takes hold of Landaro's chest and heaves him up, so that he can harvest a small nut growing beneath the uppermost leaves.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 02:25 PM
Elune gazes at the tree in curiosity. Curiosity about the tree itself, the melodic sound, and what this former knowledge of Landaro's might be.
"I don't think I've ever heard of Sîl'varás..."

Landaro
2007-05-06, 02:43 PM
When the tree has set down Landaro on the ground he returns to Elune, the nut still in his hand.

That is because it lies in a totally different world. In principal, I shouldn't be able to be in this world at all, I think.

He becomes slightly dreamy. I still can't figure out what happend, seventy or so years ago. But I am here, apparently.

His eyes gain focus again and he shows the nut to Elune.

A tree like that will grow from it. They are the most extrodinary beings I have ever encountered. You can ask them to grow into practically any shape that you might desire, and even change at a later date. We grew whole treehouse villages out of those back then.

This one will go into the garden, the first to grow outdoors in this world. I hope that it will adapt to this climate.

They walk another few steps.

Come with me, there's more to see.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 02:46 PM
Elune is fascinated by Landaro, the aura of mysteriousness now being partially explained.
"So you come from a different world... you are a very interesting person indeed." she comments, following him further.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 02:53 PM
((please excuse me for half an hour, I have to write a mail to the university. I'll return afterwards. :smallwink: ))

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 03:01 PM
((Ok, I need to take a break for something also.))

Landaro
2007-05-06, 04:23 PM
Landaro leads Elune through a door hidden behind several branches and leafs of differnet shapes and colours to reach a square room. The room is rather high and gloomy, due to the lack of windows. In the far right corner, there is another spiral staircase that leads all the way up to the ceiling, where it vanishes through a hole that shows a clear patch of sky.

A tiny ball flickers into existence above Landaro's outstretched palm and sheds a soft yellow light into the darkness. The light reveals a pentacle inscribed within a circle on the floor, right at the center of the room.

Not all spirits like to be summoned between bushes and trees, you know? He says to Elune with a twinkle in the eye.

The globe of light hovers a bit upwards to better illuminate the room but the high ceiling stays dark.

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 04:28 PM
Elune is a little uneasy in this room.
"Spirits? Wait, what are we..." she queries, trailing off mid sentence.

Landaro
2007-05-06, 04:36 PM
((Nice cliff hanger :smallcool: I have to get some sleep. See you tomorrow, I suppose. Good night.))

Baeleck
2007-05-06, 04:39 PM
((G'night))

Landaro
2007-05-07, 09:06 AM
Landaro turns to her and eyes her questioningly. He never had any intention of scaring her, but she looks a little afraid, Landaro guesses.

What is it, Elune?

Baeleck
2007-05-07, 01:34 PM
Elune is frowning slightly.
"You said about summoning spirits... I'm not all to happy about that. I've had bad experiences..."

Landaro
2007-05-07, 01:49 PM
Ohh, that you mean. His smile is assuring. I am a field researcher as well as a scholar, but I know where I ought to keep out. So don't worry. Nothings going to jump you from the shadows. To emphasize this he channels more arcane energy into the glowing orb which pushs the shadows further once more. This is a secure haven and anchor for my travels to other planes as well.

After a moment he adds:

Besides, I take precautions. In case you have not yet noticed it. With the exception of this room and the parlour, this house bars teleportation and similiar extradimensional travel, in and out. There are keys, though ... The last one appears more like a mental note than a statement, but Elune might still get it.

Baeleck
2007-05-07, 01:54 PM
"Ok..." Elune says quietly, a little comforted.
It may appear that she might be hiding something. Something that has been hidden for a long time, but she daren't bring to the surface.

Landaro
2007-05-09, 03:37 AM
Landaros eyes wander between Elune and the staicase, which spirals upwards about three stories before it breakes the ceiling.

Do you dare to take that climb, or would you like to leave the room instantly? You appear a little uneasy.

Baeleck
2007-05-09, 10:15 AM
Elune looks up at the staircase, shaking slightly. She knows she doesn't like heights, but the combination of wanting to get out of the room they were currently in and curiosity about what was up there drove her on.
"You lead up, Landaro..." she says, taking swifter steps towards the staircase.
As she moves nearer, the air around her grows cold, or at least, colder than it normally is. She closes her eyes slightly, trying to block something out of her mind.

Landaro
2007-05-10, 08:00 AM
The staircase looks sturdy enough and has a reliable handle, so that the average person could climb it without fear of falling. Going vertigo because of the height itself is somehting else, though.
Landaro leads the way and together they start to climb.

After they have passed about one storey of height, the room widens a little to the west and gives way to a small ledge with some bookcases and a table upon it. There is also a door in the wall opposite of the stairs. A small wooden walkway leads onto the ledge, but Landaro continous upwards. The walkway and the ledge have no railing, so Elune wouldn't be to comfortable anyway.

They walk on, two stories of height are yet waiting for them. At least the blue in the opening above promises a clear afternoon sky.

Everything still ok? He asks her.

Baeleck
2007-05-10, 11:19 AM
Elune keeps her head up and nods just a little to Landaro, daring not to look down. She stops after a few more steps, once again closing her eyes and now also putting the hand that isn't grasping the rail to her temple.
"Go away..." she mutters under her breath, as if there were some other presence near her.
The fact is, there is.

Landaro
2007-05-11, 08:42 AM
(( I'll assume, that Landaro might sense that there is somthing else in his own summoning chamber ... If not, please say so and ignore this post.))

Landaro's sensitive ears catch the words that Elune spoke under her breath ... go away ... and suddenly that eerie feeling in his gut ever since they entered the room forms into the recognition of ... something or someone. It was here, close, but he couldn't put a finger upon it. But it didn't belong here, that at least was a certainity.

What is it, Elune? Somethings wrong, I feel it! Worry is carved into his features when he turns around on the stairs to face her.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 10:53 AM
Elune looks up at Landaro. Her skin has gone from its usual power blue to a far lighter colour.
"Can you feel his presence?" she replies to him, looking distant, "He's here... and... and I've betrayed him!"
Her voice is suddenly raised and echoes around the place. Landaro may wonder who 'he' is.

Landaro
2007-05-11, 11:41 AM
He indeed wonders who 'he' might be. He cannot spot any corporal creature in the room, so he decides on something else. He closes his eyes, and starts to shift his sight to his inner eye. In an unknown place, he would have taken care of a stable seat, but here he is used to the way this room appears under a totally different perception.

Elune will see him close his eyelids followed by a faint green glow that emanates from his body. Behind the eyelids, the light appears more dense as he looks around the room.

The picture Landaro recieves will be composed of different colours. Anything like stones and dead, soulless material will appear in different shades of grey, the features barely distinguishable (That is why this is not a good means to navigate in unknown terrain). Wood is a little brighter than stone and he recognises the shadow that represents the the stair beneath him. Corporal beings with a soul, and might it be a small animal or bug will flare in bright color, ranging from red to green, depending on their corporal health, while those appearing more pale carry some illness in their soul.
Then there are intricate weaves of yellow lines that range through space, some more intense then others. They show the flow of arcane energy as well as nodes to tap for more power.
And ultimately, there are those wavering violet forms of beings that exist without a body. Their willpower alone dictates the intensity of the shape.

The flood of information is usually overwhelming and it takes the caster some time to adjust, but Landaro is within his domain and discards the usual details rather quickly.

Slowly he scans the room for things that shouldn't be there.

((You could give me a colourcoded description, if anything should appear ;) ))

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 11:52 AM
The room would appear normal bar one thing - the vivid violet outline of someone, standing next to Elune. Apparently, he is aware that he is visible, and the form turns to Landaro, his form becoming much clearer. It shows and Elven male of average height, with long hair, wearing an intricate robe and with a strange marking on his face:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/Lemming111/The%20Town/Hokan.png

Without the aid of colour, that's about all that can be interpreted. The form moves towards him, quickly but not at all threateningly.

((That image is of him in colour. Man, I love my new avatar skills!))

Landaro
2007-05-11, 12:23 PM
{Elven} Hold!

Landaro's voice is projected into the minds of every creature with at least a minimal amount of intelligence within the room. His line of sight indicates, whom he is addressing.

{Elven} You entered uninvited, explain yourself!

In case that Elune can only feel and not see the form, she might be a little disturbed, that Landaro is staring at a fixed point in space while his voice originates from everywhere at once.

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 12:32 PM
Elune can in fact see the form perfectly, in colour.
The form stops instantly on Landaro's command.
{Elven} I'm sorry, am I trespassing? I'm afraid I am with your friend here. he replies in a neutral tone, pointing at Elune.
{Elven} Hokan, get out of here...
{Elven} Don't you dare tell me what to do, you treasonous bitch... the figure mentally growls.

Landaro
2007-05-11, 01:04 PM
{Elven} Stop it, both of you!

There is a note of anger in his voice and it is obvious that he doesn't welcome the notion of a foreign dispute carried on his grounds.

{Elven} First of all, Hokan, right? Yes, you are trespassing! I suppose you came with Elune, but that wouldn't keep you from introducing yourself. This is private property, after all.

He then turns to Elune, allthough this doesn't change the direction his voice is coming from.

{Elven} And now to you, Elune. You are always welcome under my roof, but I ask you to inform me, if your portals enable beings to enter unnoticed.

This spoken, his anger appears to settle a little.

{Elven} So would anyone of you be so kind as to tell me what by the Nameless this is all about?

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 01:24 PM
Elune looks down at her feet.
{Elven} "I apologise, Landaro. I am aware that he might have been able to get in here, but I do not have control over it."
After a short pause, she continues.
{Elven} Yes, this is Hokan. He is my... former mate."
{Elven} Former. Right, because I died. That doesn't change ANYTHING Elune. I am still your mate, and what do I find? You having a relationship with some teenage human. You go against all our traditions, and what's more, you're a Chosen! People back home would be most ashamed. I know I am."
There is a stunned silence, Elune holding back her emotions.

Landaro
2007-05-11, 01:31 PM
((This one is going to be the last one tonight; friends are waiting ;) ))

Landaro has the sudden, awkward sensation of being drawn into soemthing very personal. The fact, that they are standing in a summoning chamber, on a staircase roughly two stories above the floor makes it only more weird and uncomfortable.

His voice, certainly, is more cautious.

{Elven} If I am allowed to intrude into this, I would like to comment. My notion of our kin might be different from the local custom but I belief I have some distance and neutrality.

He waits for them to respond ((and for his player to return)).

Baeleck
2007-05-11, 02:50 PM
Elune shifts slightly on the stairway.
{Elven} I'd appreciate it if we could get out into the open. I'm not all too comfortable here...
Hokan nods, although this is probably barely noticeable to Landaro.
{Elven} If you so wish, Elune. he replies, swooping upwards and pausing by the top of the stairs for them to come up.
{Elven} Then, maybe I could have the pleasure of being introduced to Landaro here...
If Landaro were to dismiss his inner sight, he would see that Hokan has materialised himself into reality.

Landaro
2007-05-12, 05:36 PM
When Landaro percieves the violet form turning to a shade rapidly shifting between red and green, he decides to drop the exhausting spell and returns to normal sight. He first turns to Elune before heading up the last steps.

{Elven} Come follow me. It isn't far anymore.

When Landaro sees that Elune continues to climb he quickly moves up to the exit at the top, there waiting for his guest.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 03:34 AM
Elune takes slow and rather shaky steps up to the top. As she reaches them, she continues up and out into the sunshine, finally feeling more comfortable. Hokan moves up with her, sticking close by her side. They both wait, in silence, for Landaro to follow.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 07:50 AM
When they exit the room together they step on a platform built from sturdy granite. A chest-high battlement runs along the edge of the rectangular area. The manor sits on a gentle hill and the tower, upon which they are standing climbs a full four stories from the ground. As a result this lofty place enables a spectacular view on the surrounding landscape. In one direction lies the town, with the docks, the silver line of the beach and the peacful waves of the ocean beyond. Looking in a different direction, one can percieve the wide grassland and the dark outline of the mountains in the distance. Besides them streches the dark green canopy of the woods.

When the two take a closer look at the stone, they might see scar like marks from claws or some similiar instruments.

Landaro streches his arms and slowly turns around his own axis.

Welcome to Dragon Manor, once again.

He then points to a bench running along one corner of the area, which might seat up to six people.

Let as sit, bevor we try to solve this ... complicated situation.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 10:46 AM
Elune walks over to the bench and quickly takes a seat, but Hokan, having the ability to float straight through things, would find sitting on the bench either impossible or a lot less comfortable than standing where he is.
{Elven} "Ok, Hokan... what do you want me to do? Make a decision between him and you?"
Hokan frowns just a little.
{Elven} "I'm afraid I've already spoken to Umbras," he replies to her, "Being able to control various forms of myself has its advantages. We came to an agreement that, so long as news of you and him does not reach Tirganach, I will leave you."
{Elven} "So... you're willing to let me go that easily?"
{Elven} "It was only due to our traditions that I did not want him with you. If it were my choice in the first place, I would have left you as soon as you got into that relationship."
Elune looks rather awkward. The feeling that she has betrayed the one she used to love builds up inside her.
{Elven} "I apologise, Hokan. You must understand that I have been lonely these past years..."
{Elven} "I understand. And I am also sorry. I hope that you find yourself happy with Umbras."
As he says this, his whole form fades away, and leaves Elune and Landaro where they are.

((I have plans for a big plot soon, so this probably won't be the last time you see Hokan :smallwink:. Also, don't forget about Bae and Shilea in Sneaks...))

Landaro
2007-05-13, 12:34 PM
Landaro slowly moves to the seated Elune. He is not sure about what to think of the dialog that just passed between Elune and Hokan. Instead of sitting he stands beside her and leans on the battlement, his eyes wandering of in the directon of the woods.

{Elven} I guess that you would like to keep this incident private?

His voice is thoughtful and he begins to hum a sad but beautiful melody, while small clouds drift across the face of the sun. The shadows are playing on his face and give it an even stronger mysterious touch. A light wind picks up and moves his long black hair.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 12:38 PM
{Elven} "It... it would be appreciated. I'm sorry that you had to endure all that. Maybe we can get back to what we were doing." she replies, standing.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 12:59 PM
The last notes of his tune fade away, when he turns to her.

{Elven} If I remember right, I wanted to show you the prospect up here. It's amazing how far you can see.

He walks over to the other side of the towertop and looks down on the peaceful district of Town Hills, and the rest of the manor below his feet. When Elune will join him, she is going to see the three crystalline domes of the greenery and the red tiled roof to their left.

The air is clear and his voice gets a dreamy touch.

{Draconic} You know, whenever I am standing up here, looking across the land, I get a strange feeling. It is as if just had step onto the battlement and lift into the air. I seem to remember ... flying ... That's weird, ain't it?

He doesn't appear to realize that he just switched to a different language.

((have you already seen the birds-eye picture of the estate? The link is in the opening post.))

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 01:01 PM
Elune gets up and walks over to him. She recognises the language from elsewhere...
{Elven} "Was that Draconic?" she asks him, unsure of why he switched to that tongue.

((Yep, I've seen it. I know to what you are referring with those domes. Also, brb, I have to eat))

Landaro
2007-05-13, 01:16 PM
((ok, see you then))

{Elven} Draconic?

His brow climbs questioningly, but then he suddenly realizes.

{Elven} Oh my, I guess that ancient memory got hold of me again. It happens at times.

He starts to walk along the edge while he talks.

{Elven} I have to confess that I have not yet worked out what this old memory actually is ...

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 01:26 PM
{Elven} "It may not be that old, if you remember flying off this place. But then again, it may be very old indeed."
She is unsure of what to suggest to Landaro.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 01:54 PM
They are now again above the backside of the house. Landaro looks down the wall and points to the little grove growing in his backyard. A small pond can be seen beneath the canopy.

{Elven} Those trees are still young, but one day they will develop their own aura of peace. It's a shrine for my patron.

The last he remarks with noticeable fondness. In case that Elune looks the way Landaro is pointing, she might feel a slight nausea because of the height.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 01:57 PM
{Elven} "May I ask, what deity you worship, Landaro? Sorry if I'm being a bit curious..." she queries, looking down at the ground.
She does feel just a little disorientated, but she feels safe because of the thick battlements she would have to get over to fall.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 02:04 PM
{Elven} You certainly may ask, it is no secret.

He muses and looks at her.

{Elven} My soul belongs to Miylanarith, the Lady of the Woods. I am told that their is a sanctuary somwhere out there, but I didn't have the opportunity to search it, yet. Something I need to do soon. I feel her calling out for me.

His voice is melodic and beautiful when he refers to his deity, and it is easy to see that he really worships her.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 02:11 PM
{Elven} "Good luck with that." she says.
She feels a slight urgency to get back home... Umbras would surely be growing impatient.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 02:21 PM
Landaro feels that Elune is getting impatient a little and looks towards the stairs.

{Elven} That's all one can see form here, I suppose.

His eyes scan the horizon for a last time and he takes a deep breath of the pleasant late afternoon air, before walking to the wooden rail that indicates the top of the staircase.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 02:23 PM
Elune wanders over to the stairs.
{Elven} "Thank you for showing me around, Landaro. I think I will get going now, though. Umbras will be eager to see me, no doubt."
She totters down the stairs, a little faster than going up and with more confidence, now she is going back to a lower level.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 02:27 PM
{Elven} I think he is.

Landaros voice is cheerful and pleasant. He follows her down and overtakes her to open the door they have not yet used. It leads into a corridor with several doors and a broad stairway going down. From the left, soft orange sunlight falls in through the glasspanes of the balconydoor.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 02:32 PM
Elune looks down the corridor.
{Elven} "What's this place, then?"

Landaro
2007-05-13, 02:43 PM
{Elven} We've reached my private quarters. There to the left is the balcony you might've seen from above, and to the right there's the parlour gallery. We could also use the stairs and would end up in the main hall.

He points in the relevant directions he is speaking about.

{Elven} If you want to make a gate, though, we need to go to the parlour.

With that he begins to move to the right.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 02:47 PM
Elune nods slightly and follows without question.

Landaro
2007-05-13, 02:53 PM
Landaro opens the door at the end of the corridor and together they step onto the gallery.

{Elven} Here we are. I hope you still enjoyed the small trip.

It is obvious that his 'still' refers to the incident with Hokan.

Baeleck
2007-05-13, 02:58 PM
Elune walks in, looking around the gallery with interest.

((last post for tonight))

Landaro
2007-05-13, 03:01 PM
((Ok, I am off too, then. See you soon.:smallwink: ))

Vhaidara
2007-05-14, 08:35 PM
(It's been a while, and since I can see your done with the plot we came by in, I just thought I'd remind you that Nightwing and I both left notes on the door which can basicly be sumurised in "Meet me at Silverthorn Tower." yes, his said that to. I checked with him. Just a reminder since it was a while ago.)

Landaro
2007-05-15, 07:56 AM
((Don't worry, bookboy, I didn't forget those notes. The point is, that our plot is almost over. I'll refer to the notes as soon as I've shown Elune to the door (or whichever way of departure she is going to chose). SO just have a little more patience :smallwink: ))

{Elven} You can teleport from here if you like, or you can follow me to the door. It's up to you.

With that he moves along the south arm of the gallery, towards the staircase they climbed at the beginning of their small detour, to descend onto the main parlour floor.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 09:24 AM
{Elven} "I think I may make a more hasty departure, Landaro. There are a few things that need my attendance."
Elune summons Ethrai to the room, his characteristic blue portal opening beside them. He looks a little weary, with a large dark burn mark down his face, and a bruised gut.
"Hey..." he says to them, weakly.
"What happened to you Ethrai!?!?" Elune exclaims, looking him over.
"Long story, and you have no time to listen. I believe you have a couple of weddings to plan."
"A couple?"
"Yes. Karaki also pro-"
"Oh!" Elune interrupts, a little surprised,"Oh, I see..."
Ethrai gives a slight grin and a nod.
"Well, I had better get moving. Under the moon, farewell, and may Aryn's blessings be upon you."
With a smile and a slight bowing gesture, Elune carefully steps her way through the portal, leaving Landaro where he is.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 10:06 AM
Landaro carefully eyes the mephit up and down, wondering what caused the bruise.

{Elven} Fare you well then, friend Elune. We will surely meet again. Go with the blessings of this house and my patron. Good bye.

Silently he watches the portal wink shut. His thoughts drift back to the event on the tower but he dismisses the eerie feeling at the small of his back.

When he reaches the fireplace and starts to put the used cups aside, he remembers the knocking which Elune appeared to have heared. He sets down the dishes and opens the front door to find two notes lying there.

Hello. My name is Tereal Barkinson. I am the Chamberlain at Silver thorn castle. I was wondering if You lord would like to come to the castle for a night. We like to be nice and good manner with fellow nobles.

Tereal Barkinson he muses, never heard of him. He then picks up the second piece of paper.

Meet me at the Silverthorn Tower as soon as possible.

No name on this one, hmm? The hand writing is different and Landaro gets curious now.

I wonder what they could have in mind? He asks himself and is surprised to get an answer.

I don't know their intentions, but you should be careful. especially the second one doesn't please me to much.

Landaro looks up and spots Shorodar perched on the framework in front of a parlour window.

{Draconic} Would you stop reading my mind?

Landaro sounds a little annoyed but Shorodar only gives the mental equivalent of a shrug.

{Draconic} Ok, ok. I'll be careful. In case you intend to accompany me, I would like you to be a nice dragon, if you know what I mean.

{Draconic} Don't fret over that. I am not going to cause you inconveniences deliberately.

Landaro shakes his head and enters the manor, but turns left directly to get to the stables. The notes he tucks away in a coat pocket and then he saddles Onyx, who is waiting patiently.

{Sylvan} Time for a little ride.

He whispers into Onyx's ear before mounting.

When they leave the estate in an easy canter towards the streets, Shorodar settles on Landaro's shoulder and eyes any passers-by suspiciously.