PDA

View Full Version : Vow of Skyrim : The Final Fix

CyberThread
2014-07-30, 08:12 PM
Spiritual Vow
Vile Feat
Prerequisites: This is a steal
You gain "Rogue" as a gestalt class. You must still obey your vows. You may use any bonus, feat, class feature, or ability gained as a result of this feat as a means to meet the prerequisites for any prestige class, feat, ability, and so forth. You may only use the benefits of your base class, normal feats, or any other non rogue related ability, for the cause of thieving.

If you violate your Vow of Skyrim you instantly and irrevocably still have to steal everything. If you atone and restore your Vow of Skyrim who cares, you once again steal every damn thing not nailed down; even the wooden bowls

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 08:15 PM
Spiritual Vow
Vile Feat
Prerequisites: This is a steal
You gain "Rogue" as a gestalt class. You must still obey your vows. You may use any bonus, feat, class feature, or ability gained as a result of this feat as a means to meet the prerequisites for any prestige class, feat, ability, and so forth. You may only use the benefits of your base class, normal feats, or any other non rogue related ability, for the cause of thieving.

If you violate your Vow of Skyrim you instantly and irrevocably still have to steal everything. If you atone and restore your Vow of Skyrim who cares, you once again steal every damn thing not nailed down; even the wooden bowls

Cant tell if serious or making fun of the other post :smallconfused:

CyberThread
2014-07-30, 08:18 PM
Cant tell if serious or making fun of the other post :smallconfused:

Am Cyberthread, a pleasure to meet you.

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 08:20 PM
Am Cyberthread, a pleasure to meet you.

Pleasure to meet you too, i like your Beholderclause avatar :smallsmile:

Edit: just took a double take when i reread the first post xD

Zaydos
2014-07-30, 08:25 PM
And I must feel a little ashamed to admit I now want to see a seriously made feat that requires you to steal everything that's not nailed down.

elonin
2014-07-30, 08:26 PM
I also enjoy the behrolder avatar. Most people playing Skyrim don't take everything. As a matter of fact most of the junk in skyrim have horrible weight to value ratios. Also, many DND characters are kleptomaniacs in higher proportions.

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 08:27 PM
And I must feel a little ashamed to admit I now want to see a seriously made feat that requires you to steal everything that's not nailed down.

Nah make it a flaw, that way you steal a feat while your at it :smallamused:

PS: hey its the peanut dracolich guy, i love alot of your homebrew things :smallsmile:

georgie_leech
2014-07-30, 08:30 PM
I also enjoy the behrolder avatar. Most people playing Skyrim don't take everything. As a matter of fact most of the junk in skyrim have horrible weight to value ratios. Also, many DND characters are kleptomaniacs in higher proportions.

Improved Vow of Skyrim
Prerequisites: Vow of Skyrim
Benefits: Gain an NPC follower that ignores encumbrance rules and will faithfully carry anything you hand to him or her. Each round of combat, there is a 5% chance they will blunder into an attack you make or spell you cast, causing them to become hostile and forcing a reload.

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 08:38 PM
Improved Vow of Skyrim
Prerequisites: Vow of Skyrim
Benefits: Gain an NPC follower that ignores encumbrance rules and will faithfully carry anything you hand to him or her. Each round of combat, there is a 5% chance they will blunder into an attack you make or spell you cast, causing them to become hostile and forcing a reload.

Greater Vow of Skyrim
Prerequisites: Vow of Skyrim, Improved Vow of Skyrim, Leadership
Benefits: Your NPC follower is now a cohort (Read Leadership for what this entails) and has the Essential (Ex) special quality

Essential (Ex): if this character would be brought below 0 HP all damage cause to them is nonlethal, causing them to fall to their knees and be reduce to 5 foot movement speed until said nonlethal damage is cured, any effects that would kill or otherwise cause the character to be killed or otherwise lose their life instead cause them to go to their knees (If they failed a fort save vs medusa stare they would fall to their knees as if they had lost all their HP) and take 30 Nonlethal damage.

Vhaidara
2014-07-30, 08:43 PM
Greater Vow of Skyrim
Prerequisites: Vow of Skyrim, Improved Vow of Skyrim, Leadership
Benefits: Your NPC follower is now a cohort (Read Leadership for what this entails) and has the Essential (Ex) special quality

Essential (Ex): if this character would be brought below 0 HP all damage cause to them is nonlethal, causing them to fall to their knees and be reduce to 5 foot movement speed until said nonlethal damage is cured, any effects that would kill or otherwise cause the character to be killed or otherwise lose their life instead cause them to go to their knees (If they failed a fort save vs medusa stare they would fall to their knees as if they had lost all their HP) and take 30 Nonlethal damage.

Curse of Skyrim
Flaw
All NPCs you attempt to kill gain the Essential quality

Raven777
2014-07-30, 08:50 PM
Does placing a bucket on a NPC's head to block line of sight work by raw?

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-30, 08:52 PM
I also enjoy the behrolder avatar. Most people playing Skyrim don't take everything. As a matter of fact most of the junk in skyrim have horrible weight to value ratios. Also, many DND characters are kleptomaniacs in higher proportions.I exclusively and exhaustively steal and eat all the potatoes. I am roleplaying a famine, who was arrested due to racial profiling of famines.

georgie_leech
2014-07-30, 09:03 PM
Does placing a bucket on a NPC's head to block line of sight work by raw?

Sure, but unlike Bethesda's wooden NPC's, D&D NPC's are under no obligation to cooperate with putting it on, nor do they need to keep it.

Hazrond
2014-07-30, 09:05 PM
Sure, but unlike Bethesda's wooden NPC's, D&D NPC's are under no obligation to cooperate with putting it on, nor do they need to keep it.

Suggestion (Failed will save) Put this bucket on and dont take it off for anything!

CyberThread
2014-07-31, 12:02 AM
Am bucket the bard, my muscial instrument is, the echo

A Tad Insane
2014-07-31, 01:12 AM
Do kenders get this feat for free?

Socratov
2014-07-31, 06:48 AM
Am bucket the bard, my muscial instrument is, the echo

It seems we have a character idea for this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead)

ddude987
2014-07-31, 08:04 AM
Flaw: Oblivion
You know you are superior to your brethren and this complex overcomes you whenever dealing with such folk that have to do with your brethren, for example, those that took the Vow of Skyrim feat. You get a circumstance penalty to all social skills and there is a 15% chance that everyone else in the conversation has never heard of you and/or forgets your even there.

Flaw: Morrowind
You are compelled to walk north for hours. After such a venture, you transcend beyond even the powers of pun-pun.

I guess the second is more obscure, but props to anyone that gets it.

Ruethgar
2014-07-31, 08:35 AM
Flaw: Morrowind
You are compelled to walk north for hours. After such a venture, you transcend beyond even the powers of pun-pun.

I guess the second is more obscure, but props to anyone that gets it.

That mage tower in the far northeast where you could learn to jump half way across one of the largest maps in any game in a single bound, or create a spell with such a massive area of damage that you could decimate entire towns. Oh how I loved the Morrowind custom magic. It was like if Epic Spellcasting and Incantations didn't need DM approval.

Talya
2014-07-31, 08:40 AM
I was going to take this vow, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

ddude987
2014-07-31, 09:44 AM
Actually the reference was in morrowind how you could walk north for a very long time leaving the map basically, find this dev cave, imstagib the guy in the cave with a backstab and loot him. He has the best gear you can get and you can get it super quick without doing anything else.

Psyren
2014-07-31, 09:47 AM
Mission accomplished, I guess? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364572-Oh-look-an-entire-thread-devoted-to-ridiculing-me-COOL!)

I really don't see what this was in aid of.

Turion
2014-07-31, 09:51 AM
Without having read the VOP thread, I'd be inclined to guess this was in aid of snarking at Skyrim by borrowing someone's thread title.

CyberThread
2014-07-31, 10:05 AM
Without having read the VOP thread, I'd be inclined to guess this was in aid of snarking at Skyrim by borrowing someone's thread title.

We have a winner. Guess I've been away too long if folks forgot what I do already. It appopriates a post. Nothing in this even is insulting to the original creator but am glad they went on a epic rant instead of asking me what was up.

lytokk
2014-07-31, 11:19 AM
I remember my first time playing skyrim, it was the first time I ever played any of the elder scrolls series. The freedom, the fun, the thousands of brooms and buckets I had in my inventory, because I was still prey to the classic RPG way of thinking "there's no reason for it to be an item if there isn't a use for it". Ahh, fun times.

PraxisVetli
2014-07-31, 11:54 AM
Wooooooooow.
A few things.
1. This thread's hilarious.
2. I don't think he even read any of it, or would have noticed it's making fun of Skyrim and VoP, not him.
3. Seriously, guys, hilarious.

Oddman80
2014-07-31, 03:03 PM
Interesting - the retaliatory thread got closed down mega-fast.
Its a shame though. nobody even let him know that the only needed to fix VOP was a bunch of DM provieded relics :smallbiggrin:

Svata
2014-07-31, 03:12 PM
Interesting - the retaliatory thread got closed down mega-fast.
Its a shame though. nobody even let him know that the only needed to fix VOP was a bunch of DM provieded relics :smallbiggrin:

For those of you who don't get the reference, see my sig for details.

dascarletm
2014-07-31, 03:17 PM
I had forgot about that one. That post by Jade was really good too. Good times.

Coidzor
2014-07-31, 07:45 PM

Vow of Kenderity.

Dragon Greed.

Yogibear41
2014-07-31, 11:24 PM
More like Vow of Morrowind, because every random shopkeeper in the world doesn't mystically know that the item is stolen and therefore not buy it from you.

georgie_leech
2014-07-31, 11:33 PM
Seems relevant. (http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=110512)