PDA

View Full Version : Strange Tails [IC]

BrotherLeonidas
2014-07-30, 08:24 PM
The Tale began with.....

Did the travelers hear the horn or the river first? A bellow split the air, heralding the change. Where once stone or wood or grass graced the dragons mother, now her rippling waters roared.

Cold and dry becomes cold and wet for the nestling woman. The breath of Daana'd consumes all in its path, human and building submerged then swept forth. Syveris surges upward in search for air, snatching at wooden constructs to keep afloat. The Bajas youngest tumbles by in the newly formed tributary. Rushed forward by terrifying current, the remnants are deposited into deep waters.

Silence permeates the cold air as the travellers slumber on matted grass. A thousand stars twinkle in the night sky above Odu Gobege. A trumpeting sound pierces the calm, the two roused awake. Heavy blankets are shed in twin panics, and bodies rise in response. Both dash their way separately in the direction of the call. Both with eyes amazed find a large pond past the ridge, populated with a washed away yurt.

Few slept through the din of celebration in Nuir Marmot. The caravan from Nexus had arrived that morning, its merchant prince bringing exotic drinks to trade for the red wool. Bottles lay uncorked, Marukans, travelers and mercenaries alike embide. Silk sashes and jade obols trade hands while laughter and storytelling spar. The cry is barely heard, puzzled eyes before ears search the doors.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-30, 08:51 PM
As Marik hears a cry ring through the tavern, he feels his heartstrings pull. He hated when people wept, people should want to do good to their fellow man, not cause harm to others and when people cried out, it was almost always because someone else was bringing harm to them. He gives Senri and Slip a look and stands up from the crude table they had been sitting at and looks to see if he can tell who had made the cry.

Wits (4)+ Awareness (0): [roll0]
Sorry it's a short post, I promise as more becomes info available I'll have more to say

Kell_tamer
2014-07-30, 09:07 PM
"21, 22, 23, 24..." An obol lifted from earlier jumps up and down as the plucky dragon blood passes it from limb to limb. Slip was keeping it up pretty nicely all things considered. As it balances on her nose she glances at Marik.

"So what's da plan?" She bobs her head back sending the obol up and down catching it with a quick snap of her hand. "I means dis is kind of a smorgasbord fer me an I'm gettin boad"

Suddenly her ears prick up as the sound is heard. "Or maybe I fink da fun found us!"

7 dice + 1 if trouble is available., 3 motes personal spent to add possibly 4 dice 3 definitely. depends if specialty is viable. 10 dice here
[roll0]

if specialty viable [roll1]

stunt if applicable
[roll2]

BrotherLeonidas
2014-07-30, 11:25 PM
Slips ears catch the ephemeral sound from outdoors, a woman's scream for sure she thinks to herself.

GenericMook
2014-07-31, 02:20 AM
Senri leaned back in her creaky chair as she watched Slip play with the newly-lifted obol. She didn't necessarily approve, but hey, the thief actually was richer than she was, so complaints were in order.

Senri grabs her daiklave, which had been leaning against the table, somewhere in the second or two of silence between Slip's mention of trouble and Marik standing up.

"I think I heard something too. Should we take a look?'
Wits+Awareness

[roll0]

The rest of the post is pending the number of successes I get.

souffle_girl
2014-07-31, 02:35 AM
Syv barely managed to draw a breath before the tide washed over her. She cursed silently in her head, thinking that she definitely needs to pick up a water-breathing shape, and tried to swim upwards in the swirling current, desperate for air.

Stamina 3 + Resistance 1.
[roll0]
Whoops. It added them all up - what's the formatting for leaving them separate?

dancrilis
2014-07-31, 04:08 AM
Arana

She had enjoyed the stars before she fell asleep, remained her of nights out in camps standing guard - but that was someone else's job tonight - not that she had been caught of guard in a while now sleeping or not, a somewhat disconcerting thought in and of itself.

The abrupt break in the silence roused her immediately - grabbing her backpack as she dashed out, stalling could be hazardous.

She stopped to look at the scene, thoughts went through her mind: broken dam, enemy action, angry god etc.

Ultimately she couldn't be sure but part of her trip to the area had been for potential strategic importance and history - she tried to recall any stories regarding sudden appearances of lakes before, particularly in the region. If this was a more widespread issue it was possible that her home in Ehloze was also at risk.

Int+Lore[roll0]
Stunt (if applicable): [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-07-31, 07:43 AM
Marik sees that his two companions seem to have figured out where the cry came from and says,"First we should at least go to where it is coming from and see what's going on. Then we can help whichever party is in need of help."

He begins to walk towards where he thinks he heard the sound, although he realized Senri or Slip probably has a better idea of where its origin is. Nevertheless he continues to walk forward, determined to help end whatever suffering is taking place here. At the same time he is considering the incantations and rituals for a few sorceries that could work depending on what is the issue. If someone is being attacked... well Senri, Slip, and he would ensure the attacker would think twice before assaulting another human being. If someone had been injured, either by animal, disease, or just pure misfortune, he could help patch them up and help make them comfortable while they healed up.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-07-31, 07:48 AM
Syveris fights to breach the surface of the cold water, ever searching for signs of the child. Eyes blurred by water she comprehends her surroundings, where the Nemegun was narrow and shallow it is now wide and deep. Debris floats in the lake, hiding the location of other survivors.

Arana looks down from on high, her mind searches for mention of a lake but comes up empty. The Nemegun only had one tail in the maps, cutting around the Odu Gobege, never depositing in front of it.

dancrilis
2014-07-31, 08:14 AM
Arana

Nothing immediately significant came to mind - not that this surprised her, her studies had not been focused on areas.

She let out a sigh the important thing now was whether she should try to assist anyone caught in the water, if there was need to warn other areas with haste, if it was enemy action or if ultimately it was just one of those things to ignore.

She focused on the scene before her. She let her eyes note if the water was still expanding, and her ears to listen for sounds of victims or enemies -now would be a good time to attack the town. If this was some invasion plot of the dead in the south she tried to pickup anything of smell - but that was a long shot to be sure. Still basic training - trust your senses, unless you have direct cause not too.

Assuming you are happy for me to roll for this - if not please disregard.
Perception+Awareness:[roll0]
Possible Stunt: [roll1]

Kell_tamer
2014-07-31, 01:01 PM
Slip is already making her way through, and occasionaly over and under the crowd, out to where its happening. "Padron me, scuse me, Nice 'at! Down below biggie!" Her body flows and weaves amidst gaps and the cracks in the crowd.

When she manages to breach the door she scrambles out and clambers up the signpost of the establsihment into a perch. Slip gazes out into the crowd to see where its coming from. "Oi! Wut's 'appenin'?"

Her keen eyes look for where the sound was coming from, much like an eagle as she scanned the crowd.

Perception + Awareness + specialty 7 dice
[roll0]
stunt if any
(IN OOC)

souffle_girl
2014-07-31, 02:02 PM
Finally reaching more shallow waters, Syv stands up coughing and spluttering, then takes a look around. She'd heard of the floods of the Nemegun river, but she didn't expect them to be so sudden at all. Is the River God upset?

She recalls a young child that was washed away by the tide with her, but she can't see him now. Fearing the worst, she calls out loud for help, then frantically begins to search for the kid.

Perception 4 + Awareness 3
[roll0]

BrotherLeonidas
2014-07-31, 05:43 PM
Arana glares at the destruction below with eyes and ears, and first hears the young woman clinging to wooden frames. Soaked and bewildered she appears to be calling for another. The victims head bobs under the water, but quickly resurfaces, a beautiful girl perhaps and Arana feels her face warm.

Amidst the calming, lapping waves the finely dressed lady frantically looks about. To no avail, wood and rug is all that her sight can find. The water weighs heavy on shoulders and legs, threatening to drag below. But the will of a Moonsilver Child can move mountains, and she broke the shifting barrier a second time.

In the clamor of town the young Slip darted to view from on high. And what her glassy orbs gleaned amazed, the Nemegun was not one but two. Splitting through the town the second tail tore through building and roads, creating holes where they should not be. The source of the wailing was clear to the young girl, a woman, most certainly a mother, lay on her knees before her eviscerated home.

dancrilis
2014-07-31, 06:06 PM
Arana

Taking in the scene somewhat impassively she saw the victim - a woman clinging to wooden frames, and she stopped and did a second take - the figure was beautiful there was no question about that, but that didn't mean dangerous. Attractive water spirits seeking to drown people were not uncommon in stories after all.

Still better to try to help - or kill as needed, than allow a potential innocent to drown or a capricious spirit to drown others.

Fastening one of her javelins securely to her leg - in case the worst needed to occur or beasts were in the water, she left her bag at the edge of the new found lake and moved to save the drowning person. If anyone stole her bag she would be fairly annoyed - but the design meant getting to the bottom if it might be handy enough.

Slowly at first to get used to the temperature she than dove in and swam under the waves to the figure - her eyes held open for danger and to see the trashing.

I assume this is is Dexterity + Athletics rather than Stamina + Resistance for endurance (temperature etc). The dice pool is one less if I am wrong.
Dexterity + Athletics: [roll0]
Potential Stunt Dice: [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-07-31, 06:28 PM
Marik watches as the river cuts through the town and cannot stand idly by while it occurs. Quickly drawing up the plans in his head, he rushes towards the mouth of this new tail and begins his work. To the surprise of any mortal watching, he works at surprisingly quick speed and with such eloquence others would later say it was as if a god of crafting himself was at the scene.

"I must do this, otherwise innocent people may die and I will NOT let that happen." he keeps saying as he works, repeating the phrase as if it was his own personal mantra, his statement to the world. As he works, it almost looks like the elements were created solely for this precise purpose.

After some work, Marik stands up and washes his hands, confident that he had done a good job. Where he had toiled now stood a dam capable of holding back the torrent of water which had threatened the town.

activating Craftsman-Needs-No-Tools+Second Crafting Excellency+channeling Virtue (Compassion) -13m, 2wp (-7m,1wp from CNNT, -6m from Excellecy, -1wp from channeling virtue) 6/19 Personal Essence 7/9wp
Crafting (Dex(2)+Craft(5)+Compassion (5)): [roll0]+3sux

Kell_tamer
2014-07-31, 09:26 PM
Slip didn't even think. Darting with effortless grace she leaps from the pole and make a dash toward the new river, feet touching atop heads and shoulders as she made her speedy tracks. The water aspect moved and flowed toward the woman as the water crashed down. "'ang on lady! your ouse' aint worf yer life! Grab on an lets get outta 'ere!" The water that is dragging things away becomes footing for her. She leaps down and grabs the lady springing back onto the now crashing water from a swell.

GenericMook
2014-08-01, 09:04 AM
Senri was barely behind Marik as he began to work. The moment he began moving debris to build the improvised dam, she began hauling larger pieces to put into place for him. Marik was an excellent craftsman and designing a dam on the fly probably wasn't too hard for him, but the manual labor required was a different story.

Senri moved everything large that she could find. The remnants of pillars, smashed by the current, would serve as braces, while larger pieces, broken off from the sides of various residences, would be uses as part of the dam itself.

Instead of Craft here, I suppose Senri's contribution is going to come from actual manual labor. I'll be rolling Strength + Athletics to determine how many successes Senri adds to the effort. I'll be adding 4 dice through First Strength Excellency and using one of my Solar Bond dice to assist Marik:

(Strength + Athletics): [roll0]

Stunt Dice: [roll1]

Personal Essence: 15/19
Solar Bond Dice: 3/4

ManOfSand
2014-08-01, 04:19 PM
Having lost her flock along the way Delilah sees nowhere to go other than the yurt, she slowly wades through the pond frightful of who or what lies within. The sound that awakened her frightened her a great deal, but her curiosity got the best of her as usual and so she ventured on. To calm her nerves, she begins to sing an old Marukani rhyme her mentor had taught her, though she gets many of the words wrong, "brightest eyes on brightest skies the winds and rocks guide me tonight, never alone please guide me home to the place where the flocks do freely roam."

Intelligence+Lore:(3d10)[2][1][1](4)
Charisma+Performance:(5d10)[7][6][3][8][7](31)

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-01, 05:56 PM
Whispers ripple outward from the main street. The heroics of few becoming quick gossip, onlookers marveling at the spectacle that halted the rivers flow, and of those who snatched innocents from its aqueous grasp. Marik built it of little more than wood or dirt, summoning it to act at his divine command. The haste but sound construction held firm, truncating the branch of the normally docile Nemegun to a slow trickle. Senri knelt exhausted and panting while her mate accepted acknowledgements. As Slip reintroduced the saved woman to the townspeople the horns of Ura men blew once, then twice, and finally thrice.

Far from town Syveris scrambled about, eventually hearing the rustling of another in the lake. A lean, muscled woman tossed aside debri as she swam. Her eyes looked up at Syveris, a quick smile appearing. A song sang just short by and caught both pairs of delicate ears.

Of one thing Delilah was certain, she could not recall this particular lake. Her goats would relish a drink from the deep lake she contemplated, continuing her tune. And then with her most beautiful of eyes she spied a youngling. A little ugly it was, but wasn't everything thrown in the light of Luna's Daughter?

ChaosArchon
2014-08-01, 08:03 PM
As the townspeople begin to lay adoration and thanks upon Marik, he warmly smiles back at them and says,"Thank you for your kind words, all of you. But I only did what I thought was right, and I couldn't have done it alone either. Thank my friends as well, for they are even more worthy of your gratitude."

As he says this, he looks upon the dam he just built and, finding it pleasing, goes to fetch Senri some water to quench the thirst she must have built up while moving the debris and earth while she helped him. When he returns, he looks at both Slip and Senri and says,"We did good today, I'm glad we were able to help these people."

Marik then seeks out the woman who had lost her home and says,"Miss if you require a room to stay, you are more than welcome to take my room for the night, I am more comfortable sleeping outside anyway. Also if I can find the sufficient materials, I would be more than happy to rebuild your house. Although my work would never be able to compete with the sentimental worth of your original home of course, but nevertheless it would be my honor to restore your home."

ManOfSand
2014-08-01, 10:21 PM
"Come here, don't worry!" Delilah calls out to the youngling as she slowly wades toward it. Once at the shore she finds herself drenched from the waters and looks for a dry and safe place to camp and start a fire. Staring upon the young animal, a sense of joy overtakes her that she may not be completely lonely for a while now. "You and I, we're not so different at all, just a couple wild animals lost in the wilderness. I'm just a lot prettier, but don't worry, you've got time to grow."

She hangs her clothing up to dry a safe distance from the flames and peers into the sky, hoping to survey the clouds for an accurate evaluation of the coming weather. Her eyes then descend to the lake before her, seeking out any other stray younglings or better yet, someone to give her conversation.

Building a fire in a suitable spot:
Intelligence+Survival(6d10) [1] [6] [2] [5] [9] [3] (26)
Potential Stunt Dice: (3d10) [8] [7] [1] (16)

Observing the skies to predict the weather:
Perception+Survival(6d10) [5] [10] [6] [4] [6] [6] (37)
Potential Stunt Dice: (3d10) [9] [1] [5] (15)

Trying to spot other significant signs of life:
Perception+Awareness(6d10) [10] [4] [2] [9] [5] [4] (34)
Potential Stunt Dice: (3d10) [1] [5] [8] (14)

dancrilis
2014-08-02, 05:55 AM
Arana

Reaching the other person was some comfort - finding her way in the dart and with the waves from shore could easily have went poorly - swimming to the her.

"I'm getting you to shore - don't panic or struggle as you might drown us both. I won't allow that" her voice calm "hold onto the driftwood - it should make this easier", with that she unceremoniously took hold of the back collar of the other woman and began to do a one armed backstroke mostly kicking with her legs for direction, and regulating her breathing in the event that she needed to offer any words to her 'cargo'.

I suspect that with the other person this is more resistance swimming:
Stamina+Resistance: [roll0]
Stunts: [roll1]

GenericMook
2014-08-02, 08:21 AM
Senri nods and accepts the water from Marik with a brief smile. After taking her drink, Senri stood back up, walking over and standing beside Marik, as he began speaking to the woman that Slip had just saved.

Senri smiles at the gathered crowd for a moment, before turning back and looking at the improvised dam that the two of them had built. It wasn't much, but it would probably hold, simply by virtue of being made by Marik. Still, this bothered her.

This wasn't really supposed to happen. She wasn't a native, but she was pretty sure that people wouldn't build a town in the same area where the Nemegun could flood. Even back in the West, in Senri's now-destroyed hometown, the only thing that would be near the coast were the docks for the various fishing and trading boats.

There was definitely something fishy about this situation. She'd have to ask Marik about it, but she could do that when he was fixing the house.

souffle_girl
2014-08-02, 08:51 AM
Syveris let the other woman come close and grab her, breathing deeply of the air. She had started to panic, but now she felt safer. By the time they were close to the shore, Syv tried to contribute to staying afloat, at least.

Strength + Athletics
see OOC

"Thank you," she said, crawling awkwardy on solid ground, legs still shaking, "but there was someone else with me in the water, a young..."

Her words trailed off when she lifted her eyes to her saviour. The young woman in front of her might as well have been the most beautiful being in the whole Creation, because Syv felt herself flush with embarrassment, unable to tear her eyes off her.

It's her, she thought, Luna's Light, it has to be her! Had she finally met the one she was destined to?

dancrilis
2014-08-02, 11:38 AM
Arana

Once the water was shallow enough to stand she let the other woman go unceremoniously and made her way to the shore with her back turned - if this was going to be an ambush she would expect her training to allow her to notice it, calling over her shoulder "you should be able to walk from here".

Once fully on dry land she began to squeeze the water from her clothes, not a perfect solution but should be sufficient.

She shrugged at the mention of someone else - "can't help who I can't find - only noticed you", her eyes met the other woman's and than noted the hair - silver. She didn't particularly like silver - it reminded her of losing the life she had and the rabbit woman. But that wasn't the fault of the woman in front of her.

"Suppose I should introduce myself: Arana - Former Chuzei of the First Field Force, Lookshy" she paused for a second "currently on extended authorised leave" it was a sore spot for her.

"So with that out of the way, who are you and what brought you here instead of inside Nuir Marmot?", it was a blunt question, which a hint of suspicion.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-02, 12:09 PM
Slip revels a bit in the attention. Recognition of Awesomeness was always a welcome thing for her. "Yep a'hm exalted, yep, water, yep, uh huh, yep. " She very much enjoys not being chased. The booze was a nice perk too as people started buying her drinks. She never thought she'd have to turn some down to not pass out. "Yousee! Fing bout bein Zalted is you jus start doin fings wifout finkin!" She explains in her drunken fashion to the even younger kids. No one seemed at all against giving the water aspect alcohol given what she was. "Sum powerz come all naturullike! like me an walkin on water! ovvers you gotta learn!" She blinks as they ask questions about her more mundane things. "yea Zalted still gotta work out, abs like dese don't just come wif it!" The girl rambles on and on and on.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-02, 02:33 PM
The distraught woman thanks the kind Marik with tearful eyes but refuses his first offer, explaining that she has family to live with. "The debt of gratitude i already owe you is burden enough, i insist on paying you in some manner for your skills". Her brow furrows as she thinks, "my father was a collector, surely he would thank you from Lethe for what you have done here this morning. He has many grave trinkets that were found in the hills of these lands. Perhaps one would be payment enough?"

Word travels quickly on flat land, and soon the chatter swings from jubilation back to worry. Six more tails of the Nemegun have seen sighted by shepherds and Bortu scouts. Townspeople begin to disseminate, scuttling away to homes and kin. Only five brave (or drunk) souls remain in the streets. Three of them Exalted, one devastated by her loss, and last looking curiously on from the doors of the Nuir Marmot.

Delilah locates two more survivors making their way out of the lake in tandem and what should become a a warm sunny day. The silly fools had swam to the other side, and the young child whimpered on and on. A speck of red caught the shepherds eye, no doubt one of her goats. It ambled awkwardly in the morning glow, picking at this and that, inspecting nails in the washed up wood.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-03, 01:52 AM
Marik smiles at the woman,"If it would not trouble you so, I would be more than happy to accept one of the trinkets your late father found. It seems I may have to deal with the other tails of the river, but I promise soon I will return and rebuild your house."

Marik then turns to Slip and says,"Aren't you a tad young to be drinking, my friend?" grinning slightly as he said it but he then turns to Senri, and the smile on his face vanishes as he whispers,"I don't think this was a natural flood, do you?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-03, 05:41 AM
Snapping out of her reverie, Syv started to squeez herself dry too, wondering what that "extended authorised leave" meant. If she really was her Solar Mate, it made sense she would have been driven away from the Legion. She desperately needed to find out if her instinct was right.

"Oh, yes. Excuse my manners; I am Syveris, but people around here also know me as the White Fox," Syv said, stepping out of the water. "What I do is... complicated. I'm an explorer and student of the old times. This area is filled with ruins from the First Age. I was making my way back to the town, but the sunset caught me still in the wilderness. The Bajas family was kind enough to offer me shelter for the night."

She turned around again, looking at the lake. "So much destruction. I'm sad I couldn't repay their kindness; had I not been surprised by the flood I might have helped them get out of the current."

She finally looked back at Arana with a smile.

"I am in your debt, Arana of Lookshy. Is there any way I can help?"

dancrilis
2014-08-03, 06:30 AM
Arana

She looked over the lake "nothing that can be done for them now - they either survived are didn't".

Well the story was reasonable enough - battles had occurred here, but that left a few primary locations for Syveris to be based.

"So Syveris known as White Fox, you didn't tell me where you are from" ruin exploring was dangerous work - and this area might still have strategic merit. Where the woman's loyalties were mattered.

She shrugged at the idea of a debt "don't worry about it - other than your location and loyalties if your aquired knowledge indicates anything about this lake formation that might be useful to".

Looking around absently until she got her bearings "there is a fire up there - possible more survivors, and were I left my stuff - we can walk and talk".

souffle_girl
2014-08-03, 07:34 AM
Syveris looked at the not so distant fire.

"Yes, we should go check the campfire. Maybe some of the Bajas made it," she said, starting to walk around the lake's shore.
"I'm originally from the Blessed Island, but I've been away for long. My home is the road and my loyalty only lies to the truth; a real scholar wouldn't settle for anything less. I'm trying to put together a better picture of how this area looked like during the First Age. Too much knowledge about that time was lost to the zeal of pious men," she said, barely managing to hide the contempt in her last words.
"Back to the matter at hand, the Nemegun river flooded the place. Didn't you hear the horn, signaling the incoming tide?" she stood silent for a moment, in thought, "This flooding doesn't seem a natural event though. It's been suspiciously sudden. There's a minor god overseeing the river, perhaps he is angry."

dancrilis
2014-08-03, 07:56 AM
Arana

"Realm huh" it was non-committal.

At the mention of the river "yea I meant more why - don't remember any map where the river had more than one tail or deposited like this. Yea if it is isolated to here it shouldn't be to much of a worry, but if it is some new attack by the Wyld and its Anathama, that is a problem", on that thought she focused herself to prepare in case it was the wyld attacking.

"Although if it was them I would have thought there warriors would have shown themselves by now" she muttered.

Integrity Protecting Prana (activated)
Willpower Remaining: 6
Personal Essence Remaining: 11

GenericMook
2014-08-03, 08:08 AM
Senri shakes her head. "I've never seen anything like this before. I've lived through floods, but nothing like this. Not really familiar with how rivers here work, but it strikes me as wrong that the people here would build where the river might flood. Call it a guess, but I think we should try to find the god of the Nemegun River. He should have answers. But, I suppose, we should first be getting Slip somewhere safe before she does something dangerous."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-03, 10:51 AM
"Ah'm fine! would the ... four of ya shut up?" The young water aspect had downed about seven glasses and was stumbling less like a flowing river and more like a rapid. "An what could ah pozzibly do wrong?" Ah'm zalted, ah'm awesome. da werlds jus spinnin a bit... we jus, we jus gotta find its god an tell it ta stop!" Nothing could be said against the girls confidence, that's for sure.

i'll roll the first poison interval, roll and damage at once just to cover my basics. 6 dice for stam + resistance, 1 die for possible damage this hour.
difficulty 2,
[roll0]

damage if it happens. [roll1]

souffle_girl
2014-08-03, 12:09 PM
Syv cringed at the mention of the "Wyld Anathemas". Maybe she was wrong and Arana was just another mortal, or even worse, she could be a Solar and still think Lunars were monsters. Syv nervously pulled her hood tighter over her head, hoping the woman didn't notice her tatoos. She really, really didn't want this to turn into a fight.

"If the Fae are behind this, then we're in deep trouble. But somehow this doesn't look like the work of their kind, it's not dramatic enough; the Good Neighbours really like to put up a show. Do you think a Lunar could be responsible?"

dancrilis
2014-08-03, 12:30 PM
Arana

She shrugged at the question - "neither are really my area, met a few lesser fae doing merc work - protecting caravans and such, so the might be moving in the area. Killed one of them silver Anathama a while ago, along with a load of its spawn - but not before it killed and nearly killed people that mattered to me, and screwed up my life to boot" she muttered a curse at the the memory "never found out why it was there either".

The words were out before she bothered to check herself - killing an anathama was something that drunks in pubs bragged about - not a serious claim for a mortal solider to be making, "or well part of killing one at least" she toned it down somewhat though it made her feel like a liar.

"But your probably right - just some god getting drunk, or angry or happy or whatever, of rain upstream bursting the banks, or something equally harmless", she shrugged "don't know much about gods, but at the least it might be able to clear up if this was enemy action against Nuir Marmot and the Marukan Alliance".

"Anyway I have to go get my stuff, you want to make your way to the fire - I will get you and the others to the town after - in case of danger", it was a bit of a chore but possible worth it long term, she would need to find where the gods house was anyway and a scholar might help.

souffle_girl
2014-08-03, 12:59 PM
Syv nodded to her companion before parting ways and heading towards the campfire.
This woman is dangerous, she thought. She clearly was hostile to Luna's children, and claimed to have killed one. The most rational part of her mind told her to leave as quick as possible, take up another shape; she could track her down again later. But a powerful voice inside her told Syv that she couldn't risk losing her. Her insticts told her she was the one, and it was her sacred duty before the Gods to stand at her side.

She walked closer to the fire, trying to spot whoever lit it up.

"Hello? Is someone there? I was at the yurt when the tide hit, I mean no harm," Syveris said, stepping into the light.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-03, 01:12 PM
Marik nods in agreement with Senri, and as Slips swoons motions for her to pick up Slip. He then turns back to the woman and says,"Forgive my sister's loudness, she can be quite unruly sometimes. Anyway, do you know where the god of this river resides? Perhaps if I go to him in person he would be willing to stem the flooding of the river."

ManOfSand
2014-08-03, 11:59 PM
The crackling of the fire has entranced Delilah, captivating her so much that no sound is heard other than the caring voice of a graceful and radiant woman. This startles her and causes her to spring up and run for her hooded coat.

"Greetings!" Delilah murmurs as she nervously dons the soaking wool coat to hide her ruby goat horns. "I didn't hear you coming, no matter though, come warm yourself at the fire."

"I haven't spoken with anyone for some time and only just arrived, what happened here? Is that your yurt?"

Remembering to compose herself better she holds her mouth shut and straightens her back to show some form of elegance. A moment later she reveals, "I am Delilah! I should've gotten to that first, who might you be?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-04, 01:54 AM
Catching the fire reflecting on moonsilver, Syveris smiled and walked closer, then lowered her hood showing her own tatooed skin.

"Greetings. I didn't expect to meet a fellow child of Luna. I am Syveris, the White Fox, of the No Moon Caste. You'd better take up another form, however. A woman just saved me from the waters, I think she doesn't know what I am, but I gathered she's not exactly friendly to the Silver Exalted." Syv then sat down next to the campfire, glad to be able to warm herself a bit.

"That yurt wasn't mine, its owners were kind enough to offer me shelter for the night. Then the flood came, and this woman called Arana saved me from drowning. We must be careful; I have a hunch she's a Solar. I'd like to avoid a fight if at all possible"

She looked at the young, wet sheep that was Delilah's companion and asked, "Is the sheep yours? Are you a sheperd?"

Perception + Awareness to spot Delilah's Tell
[roll0]
stunt roll [roll1]

ManOfSand
2014-08-04, 02:41 AM
Delilah smiled as she peered over to the young goat, "Yes I am! And this one is one of many, I suppose I've lost most of them."

She then quickly darted behind a twisting tree and began donning her purple gown. From behind, she called out, "Some of the people around here worship me as a god called The Ruby Goat, but I'm really a Changing Moon Caste Lunar, I do enjoy the title though."

Now fully dressed, Delilah walked out still in wonderment of the White Fox.
She began to see this thoughtful woman as a potential role model, someone to show her into womanhood and guide her path, she thought to herself, "This lady is very wise, I should do my best to learn everything I can from her."
The young maiden spoke softly then saying, "I'm not much of a fighter, more of a lover and admirer of nature. I'd rather not go to battle against anyone either. I am surprised though, I had always thought that it was the duty of a Moon Child to serve the Solar Exalted, why would she be unfriendly with our kind?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-04, 04:45 AM
"It is our duty to serve the Solars, yes, but much time has passed since the First Age and many have forgotten their duties... or just the truth about the past. I'm afraid this woman is a young Exalt, someone who still didn't get over the cloud of superstitious lies that surround our kin.

She said she and her allies were attacked by a Lunar in the past, and she had to kill the 'Silver Anathema' as she put it. I'm not sure if this is the truth, nor whether that particular Lunar deserved to die, but this is a sure testament to this woman's skill."

Syveris fell silent for a moment.

"I suggest we talk to her when she joins us. I doubt she would try and take on both of us at the same time, and that might give us the opportunity to talk some sense in her."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-04, 06:15 AM
The woman responded with distaste, "that wortthless god lives in our trees, which only take root on his banks. You'll need an offering though, he won't open his sanctum doors otherwise. Birds chirped in the morning air as the sun continued to rise, painting a comforting light on the last four in the dir....muddy road.

Far in the hills the two chosen of Luna covered before being interrupted by the playful goat. The young buck nipped at their clothes for attention, bleating if not provided a response.

ManOfSand
2014-08-04, 04:12 PM
"Sounds good to me! I hope she's not scary."
Delilah anxiously grinned uneasily at the thought of having to brawl with a Solar. Diplomacy sounded like an exceptional alternative to fighting.
Her goat companion could no longer be ignored as it nibbled upon her coat, "Hey buddy!" she exclaimed as she lightly caressed its coarse fur. "This is Syveris, our new friend. Shall we dance for her? Of course we will!"

She took the front paws of the goat and carelessly frolicked around a little to put it at ease, or startle it. Afterwards she collapsed back to her seat on a thick patch of grass saying, "I should like to know more about this 'truth about the past' that you speak of, when you have the time and interest in teaching. For now we should stick together I think. We could get ourselves a meal in Dovuian when this Arana gets here, maybe she would be kinder is we gave her some food."

dancrilis
2014-08-04, 05:54 PM
Arana

Finding her bag again she let out a smile, it was nice not to have make everything again.

Choosing her regular buff jacket for protection she took care to ensure that her remaining weapons were easily accessible, strapping the slashing sword to the left foe slightly better access, the straight to her right, the second javelin met the first at her left and the hammer at her right.

Rather than her usually unstrung bow she felt that it would serve a function to have it ready once she got back to the fire - stringing it gently she set it over her right shoulder.

Spending a minute to tie up her hair so as to avoid her eyes and hopefully let it dry peacefully, she finally picked up her bag with the reinforced armour within it. Finally she felt mostly clothed again.
"Need a helmet and shield" she muttered to herself.

Doing a quick check of accessibility she and finding everything suitable she moved back to the fire, and noticed the two woman - "just the two of you" eyeing the goat "dinner can wait", though she appreciated the idea it was not the time of place. Eyeing the one she had not met "Arana - Former Chuzei ... " trailing off as she nodded to Syveris "well she probably filled you".

ManOfSand
2014-08-04, 06:52 PM
"Yes she did, for the most part." Delilah stood and squeezed the remainder of the water from her wool coat. "I'm Delilah.. a shepherd of goats, as you can probably assume."
She focused in on the soldier in both fear and awe in knowing that she was a Solar. It would be foolish of her to bring such things up, so she stuck to the basics, "Whats the rush? Do you have a lot of business or something around here?"

GenericMook
2014-08-04, 07:48 PM
Senri shakes her head at Slip. It wasn't surprising, really, but it was equal parts annoying and equal parts funny. She steps beside Marik and whispers to him "I think we might want to keep her at the inn, or wait until she sobers up. If we want to deal with this quickly, then maybe that might be a problem."

Senri steps away from Marik, and walks over to Slip and supports her by placing one arm over her shoulder.

"Slip, you're not fine. Come on, we need to move on. You with me?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-05, 04:24 PM
"Hello Arana. Do you want to get moving already? Come dry yourself at least; it would also be a good time for a talk. I have a couple of things I'd like to discuss with you."

That said, Syv steeled herself for confronting the woman, drawing on both her and her heartstone's power to better persuade Arana.

Irresistible Silver Spirit and 1st Charisma Excellency. I don't know if this will do anything good, but I still do it. I spend at least one mote from peripheral, so that Syv's caste mark becomes visible. I'll count the exact wp and essence paid tomorrow as I'm on a mobile now.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-05, 06:41 PM
Slip glances at Senri in a daze as Senri puts her arm around Marik. The girl moved so swiftly despite being right there moments before. Her name clearly wasn't just a cute nickname. "No touchies!" She thrusts a finger at Senri, or possibly marik, or possibly an invisible person on senri's left before stumbling a bit backwards"Goesfer you an yer enTOo-oo-URage..." She sort of stumbles over belching out the last word in her sentence filling the fresh air momentarily with a very rummy scent.

Slip uses Safety among enemies to avoid unwanted touching. 3m personal, 1wp DV thanks to being drunk is 6 + stunt rating

ChaosArchon
2014-08-05, 11:45 PM
As Marik suddenly appears in Slips place, he gently removes Senri's arm and says to both of them,"I think I have a plan for how to deal with this crisis, but I want you by my side in-case something goes wrong."

He then turns to the woman and says,"Thank you for the information, my companions and I seem to have our work cut out for us, but I'll return to see those relics you mentioned once the danger has passed."

He then leads Senri and Slip to the room they were staying in the inn. He then begins to draw a series of sigils and circles of a occult nature, and does this for about thirty minutes.

He then sits in the center of the circle and says to Senri and Slip,"I'm about to summon an elemental to aid in stemming the flow of the river while we negotiate with the god of the river to find out what the problem is. If you two wouldn't mind, I'd like you to watch over me and intervene in case the elemental rejects my will and becomes hostile to us." He then closes his eyes and begins chanting in strange tongue and invoking a spirit of the earth to appear before him. He continues this process for four hours, reciting the incantations tirelessly while he shapes his essence to work his sorcery. As he does this he becomes encircled in multicolored orbs, each one shining with all the brightness of the Sun and a mark of a half-sun shining brightly on his forehead.

activating Summon Elemental -10m+-10m (-2 internal penalty to summoned elemental) 20/40 peripheral essence remaining)
Battle of wills dice now, will RP when it is summoned though (Willpower+Essence): [roll0]

dancrilis
2014-08-06, 03:40 AM
Arana

She had been intending to set fire to some arrows to shoot over the lake and illuminate any people still out there, but in as the light was getting better with the day it was unneeded.

She took in the new comer - she had never been one to focus on appearances if she could avoid it, but it was true that everyone did to an extent. From a practical perspective Marukan had some people that would be quite comfortable lounging as nobles in other parts of creation. If the fae were present both Delilah and Syveris would be ideal for there fantasies, if she understood the stories correctly.

"Well met Delilah - it is a fine job" she shrugged looking between both the others "if this is an enemy you would be safer in the town, I can then look into what occurred. But not forcing you either way" she finished.

It was than that she noticed the silver around Syveris and the mark on her forehead, her hand dropped to the outer javelin instinctively considering how the fight might play out, noting the stance of the woman, her movements - with there odd appeal, and finally her words.

If this was about lulling her to accept parley and treasonous acts, the opponent would find her immovable - but she had not done so yet, nor had she attacked "than talk".

souffle_girl
2014-08-06, 04:27 AM
"There's no need for weapons, I don't mean you any harm. Quite the opposite, in fact; if you let me explain you'll find I might be the most trusty of your allies. You're right in saying that, if an enemy is in motion, we'd be better off in town, but this is a talk I'd rather have with you here, where we have more privacy, before anything else shows up."

Syveris stood up and walked closer to the other woman. All that was rational in her screamed that she shouldn't be doing it, that it was a terribly dangerous gamble, and yet a deep part of her soul knew that she was right and Arana was, indeed, her long lost Mate. Even if she was, she had no reason to think Arana was a worthy person, but she just couldn't help herself. She had never felt more in awe and attracted to someone in her whole life.

"Arana, if my instincts are correct, you are a Solar Exalted and I am your Lunar Mate. I have been chosen as your attendant, counselor, and friend by Luna herself, and we have sought each other out in every one of our incarnations since the moment the Gods created us."

Syv's voice was broken by a strange surge of emotions, and her usually controlled composture was slightly off. She realized in fear that she wasn't completely in control of her feelings, so she straightened up, but kept looking at Arana in expectation, praying to Luna she was right and she didn't just make a fool of herself.

dancrilis
2014-08-06, 06:42 AM
Arana

She listened to the woman as she spoke - throwing a glance to Delilah, the two were likely allies for the anathema to be so open in front of her. If a fight occurred she would have to take it very seriously.

She narrowed her eyes at the mention of her Solar nature - the woman seemed passionate and that she actually believed what she was saying, but Arana was hardly an expert bluffing.

But if it was an attack it was somewhat effective - she had never been in a relationship, the idea of godly defined relationships binding her to someone was for poets and the like, looking at the woman pouring out her heart to her was enough to confuse her.

Taking her hand away from the weapon at her side she decided to handle this the same way she would have before this started if a random stranger had declared as such to her. Linking her index finger and thumb in a circle she slowly reached out to the Lunar's head as she leaned in - and flicked her in the head with the finger released from the thumb - not likely hard enough to hurt, but certainly enough to be felt.

Than leaned back again "what are you talking about!, Luna, gods, incarnations! Mate?" she huffed, "I don't know about any of that stuff" she moved to walk to town, but turned before she left "you are right about something though I am one of the Solar anathema - of the Forsaken, which if I have my stories right means that when you and yours ran to the hills, and the other lot of mine hid, mine actually fought and died abandoned by the rest of you" she paused to collect herself.

Breathing softly "anathema are not illegal in Lookshy or the river province in general, providing they don't break the laws and cause a fuss - if you actually want to prove that you are trustworthy you can join me for now and help find the cause of this flooding. Trust is earned by actions not words - and certainly not because some god thought it should be a certain way".

"Turning to the road - so come are don't, I need to find this river god - if you can help great" she began walking.

souffle_girl
2014-08-06, 12:01 PM
OK, I did make a fool of myself after all, thought Syveris, a little disappointed, but she then regained her composture.

"Well, you might not know about the ways of the Celestial Exalted now, but you'll need to learn. Unfortunately, too much precious knowledge has been lost to the past. I spent years digging though old texts and ruins, and despite how much I learned there are still too many unanswered questions.
I don't expect you to trust me right ahead, I wouldn't if our places were swapped. I'll gladly follow you in this endeavor; not only because you're my Mate but because you saved my life. I'll provide what assistance I can and, in the meantime, I can teach you some of the lore of the First age and hopefully prove myself worthy.
Only, could you please stop calling us 'Anathema'? It is a word full with hate, created by superstitious people, and it doesn't give justice to the Celestials. We might have all failed in the past, but we can yet recover."

She then followed Arana towards the road, thinking about the matter of the river god.

To see if Syv knows where to find the god and the offering needed.
Intelligence + Occult
[roll0]

"Delilah, what can you tell me about the river god?" Syveris then asked.

dancrilis
2014-08-06, 01:18 PM
Arana

There was that word again 'mate' she wasn't sure about it at all, thinking back to crushes she had - there weren't many, Karal Lef was a good man but he was her superior the relationship had been one of respect and friendness for the most part, back when she joined the legion for training initially she had an instructor that she had liked but they were married and she was just a kid. There were people that had an interest in her - but rarely reciprocated with anything more than friendship.

People tended to find people that were equal to them - and she was somewhat elite to most of the mortal soldiers, and clearly inferior to the Dragon Blooded officers, leaving her in an odd place.

The last thing she expected in life was for some Ogre to proclaim her its mate - and she certainly wouldn't have pictured it as a attractive realm born woman.

"Hmm ... " she muttered "I would be interested in hearing about the Shogunate if you know anything about it sometime" everyone in Lookshy knew that the end of the Shogunate was the worst catastrophe the creation had faced, it was still being felt.

Shrugging "it's just a word - on the realm it might be something truly terrible with your immaculate faith, here where people are free - it is more about a reference to a powerful likely troublemaker. Which is what both of us likely are", she turned and caught the woman's eyes - than looked away - "but I can make some attempt I suppose at least in private", if the woman was innocent she could offer courtesy to avoid words that upset her - within reason.

ManOfSand
2014-08-06, 09:08 PM
"That went.. better than expected, I sure thought she was gonna kill us for a second there. That White Fox knows a lot and she sure thinks that Arana is her Mate, maybe she can help me learn more about mine. One way or another I think I've found a friend in her and I'm not letting that pass me by!"
"Hey guys! Wait up!" Delilah shrieked while nearly tripping herself as she quickly stumbled onto the road following Syveris.

"I grew up around here and last time I was here people seemed to like me a lot, I think I can help you. I won't burden you I swear!"

She thought for a moment about the question. Digging back into her memory to find anything at all about this River God.

To recall a river god around here and anything about him/her
Intelligence+Lore (3d10)[2][4][8](14)
Potential Stunt Dice (3d10)[10][7][2](19)

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-06, 09:48 PM
Earthly materials swirled and flowed, rising high in the room and beginning to take shape over the wooden floor. Marik continued his incantations, staring into the muddy mass as shiny jeweled eyes came to the surface. Candlelight flickered off the faces of the astonished onlookers. "Your request?" It garbled through its hidden orifice. The spirit's presence coincided with several sharp knocks on the room door.

As the travelers began to pick up their feet once more Syveris thought back to the texts that piqued her curiosity of this odd land. The mighty Nemegun ran as a simple river through Ancient Dovuian, ruled by the fierce Zalkhuur. The fair Delilah dredges up a different memory, one of villagers placing a cup filled with dark brown liquid in the knot of a massive old tree. Its roots gripped a hill shaped by the weaving u-shape of the Nemegun.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-06, 09:58 PM
His caste mark still shining, Marik looks at the elemental an says,"Greetings spirit, I have summoned you to have you temporarily dam up the tails of the river while I speak with the river's god. After I finish my talks with the god you are free to return to wherever you were previously, good spirit of the earth."

Marik then, says to Slips and Senri,"If one of you wouldn't mind getting the door please."

ManOfSand
2014-08-06, 10:52 PM
As the memory bounced back from a time before she was seen as the Ruby Goat, a solemn expression covered Delilah's face. She halted walking only for a spell and spoke loudly so that her two companions could hear her response, "There is a hill, along the river with a very very old tree grown into it. When I was a young girl I remember the people congregating atop it to present a strange brown fluid within a knot of the tree for the River God. I've never actually seen him, but I think they were trying to appease or interact with him in this way."

Not wishing to fall behind she picked up the pace and disengaged from her solemn demeanor. With a delighted and devilish grin she asserted, "I can take you there, both of you, if you'd like. You may be able to find who your looking for and I may be able to prove that I can be useful to you, sound good?"

dancrilis
2014-08-07, 01:09 AM
Arana

She looked at the woman as she spoke, "suppose I should clarify first - are you also not mortal, right?" it was possible that the woman was some cultist of Syveris but she wanted to be sure.

Seeing the smile on the woman's face, it would have been easy to smile back - it was somewhat infectious "yea taking us there would be good".

She thought about what she was told, hill, along the river, and cup of brown - such a hill would be both a strategic point and an area of concern for if the god acted up or took offence at any battles and choose to interfere, it would have been appeased or confined by one side or the other first.
She tried to remember anything she might know about the god in question - or the area.

Intelligence+Lore: [roll0]
Stunt: [roll1]

souffle_girl
2014-08-07, 07:33 AM
"It might be only a word, but people kill for it. When I Exalted, my very brother drove me away from home and he would have killed me if he had the chance," Syveris commented sadly, "my husband tried to kill me too. All because of misplaced superstition," Syveris said, then took a look at the river.

"I guess we should go into town and find the proper offer to present the river god. And thank you for wanting to help, Delilah."

ManOfSand
2014-08-07, 03:38 PM
"No problem! I don't meet others like myself often so when I do I like to assist them." Realizing then what she had said Delilah clasped her hands together and worriedly replied to the warrior, "I guess that answers your question Arana, I'm a Child of the Changing Moon. I don't really know much of anything about exalt history, just that I have a mate somewhere and that I have to serve Solars like yourself.."

She directed her attention to Syveris hoping that she had her back. This solar, Arana intimidated her but she would still try to help her so long as another Lunar stood by her. Believing the two of them to be bonded gave her hope, for her heart was ever obsessed with her own mate, every beat gave for one purpose, to serve him or her.

"We'll find the brown juice somewhere in Dovuian I think and you two can stay at my ranch if you'd like. I'm sure its still there."

Intelligence+Survival to remember more about the hills location and any landmarks along the way
(6d10)[4][4][1][7][2][7](25)
Potential Stunt Dice (3d10)[1][10][5](16)

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-07, 05:36 PM
"The Nemegun has grown wild as Zalkhuur sits idle and the dragon's spines overflow with essence. It will take many passings of the sun to halt all of its courses by ones work. But very well young sorcerer, as you command“. And with that its mercurial body bended towards the window, snaking out into the cloudless sky before the next three knocks arrived.

As the three journeyed closer to Dovuian proper Delilah had far more luck than the solider recalling details about her whereabouts. She spotted a wispy tree not far to their west, but no hill it was upon. No the tree she remembered could be seen for quite a distance and rested on Altan land. One of the more prestigious families the Altan brood had invested heavily in what they thought were magic brown beans.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-07, 05:47 PM
Slip opens up the door. "Yeah waddaya wan?" The young dragon blood stands with a fist against her hip and slightly hunched as her head looks up.

dancrilis
2014-08-07, 06:03 PM
Arana

"Hmpf, the fact that they attacked you is not due to the word, it is due to what you are. Using softer terms changes nothing - it just makes those terms harsher in the eyes of those that hate you" she was not in a sympathetic mood "also from what I have heard the superstition might be very well placed. There are stories of golden light imitating lunatics running around all over the place causing chaos, not to mention what your crowd have been doing over the years".

Listening to Delilah "so if she is an Ogre, and you implied you are different I assume a trickster - you don't fit the stories of the frenzied?" Syveris might dislike the term Anathama but surely the more descriptive terms were not going to offend her.

"Well let me do you a favour - if you 'mate' is anything like me at all they will have no interest in you making yourself a slave to them and devoting your life to being ready to serve them and their friends" fixing the woman with an glare "learn some self respect" looking away "if someone else shows up to help you fine, if not that is good to".

Thinking to her own service to the Legion "service is a good thing - to know your place is admirable, but service should always be to something worthy - not merely dreams and hopes" sighing "if I could - I would conscript you both to the legion for a few years - so you could learn what service to a worthy cause should be like" she muttered that last bit.

She missed the focus that the legion could provide.

GenericMook
2014-08-07, 06:41 PM
Senri looked at Slip, and back at Marik, whose anima had started flaring.

Oh gods. This can't end well, thought Senri, as she grabbed her daiklave from where it rested against the wall. She wasn't going to unsheathe it, but it was best to be safe.

ManOfSand
2014-08-07, 07:57 PM
"Well.. maybe you're right, I shouldn't be serving something like a slave, after all there's people around here who worship me. You are wrong about one thing, I have self respect, I mean look at this" she spread her arms out and did a small twirl, "Kinda hard not to respect that figure." Forcing another one of her wide smiles, "I love myself, I just think that service will give me a greater purpose that's not so self centered."

Recalling the Altan family and their particular interest in magical brown beans Delilah reflected, "We'll have to go to them, they'll know lots more and will sell us some beans."

Delilah failed to hear Arana's muttered words and finished her statements, "Now I'm curious" she crossed her arms rigidly and snapped back, "Just what worthy cause do you serve?"

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-07, 10:53 PM
Across miles of field the travelers passed with neither man or animal in sight, besides that irritating ruby wooled goat that trailed behind. Silence preceded the sight, a cluster of short wooden buildings rearing up out of the rough land.

"Good morning" mumbled a short skinny boy wrapped in azure silk robes. "I am a servant of the mighty Prince Guntar, child of a sky god, he hails from the faraway Summer Mountains." The boys eyes catch the large weapon wielded by Senri and widen.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-07, 10:59 PM
Marik gets out of the position he had been previously sitting in for the last four hours, and stands to greet the boy. His anima still shimmering around him, he smiles at the boy and says, "Hello child, pay no attention to my companion's weapon; she means you no harm. Now would you mind telling me why we are receiving such a regal message? As well as what it entails."

dancrilis
2014-08-08, 01:41 AM
Arana

Arana
"Turning to the road - so come are don't, I need to find this river god - if you can help great" she began walking.

Once she choose to leave the other two or allow them to follow her or not, she stooped to pick up the child nearby - there was no way she would trust it to unknown anathema. "I am taking this child to the town however" her tone indicated it might be immediately dangerous to argue the point.

Holding the baby securely in her left arm it's head resting on her shoulder, she tried to move to allow it to sleep smoothly, shifting her body weight to accommodate.

To carry the baby without causing it to awaken.
Dexterity+Medicine: [roll0]

She threw a glare at the woman's mention of worshippers, "I hope for your sake they are willing worshippers and that you provide as much as you take - otherwise someone might have to do something about your cult" whether that was herself, Lookshy or the Realm didn't matter to her much.

Taking in the woman's figure - "your pretty enough, but narcissism is not self-respect - if you want to be less self centred start today, don't wait for some figure to show up so that you can be focused on them instead of yourself" throwing a wolfish grin at the woman "or should I make that an order? So you can learn about service", she did to an extent have to like the woman's attitude - but she was likely as much a victim of a pretty face as the next person, she would have to watch that when dealing with these two.

"As for me - I am in a grey area with home - but the Legion's goals are worthy, the protection of the river province, it's culture and people, and to allow some self determinism providing it does not interfere with the greater goals. It is way anat ..." she caught herself "people like us can be allowed to exist - to prove we are not actually monsters" shrugging "or to show our true colours as such".

It was somewhat more idealist than the truth - no one in the Legion would have blinked at her killing the pair of them and claiming probably cause.

"But you want an end goal for my cause and service?, probably something like throw back the Wyld, force the dead into the underworld, regain what was lost to the contagion and reform the Shogunate" the fantasy of a child she knew, but a worthy aim none the less. "Potentially as Shogun myself" now she was being flippant - but it was likely the one way the legion would welcome her back with open arms.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-09, 08:24 PM
Slip looks at the kid reassuringly. "Oi pay 'er no mind, she'n jus bein jumpy! She ain't gonna 'urt ya" She waves the young one in and springs over to one of the chairs and with a slightly pointlessly precarious posturing upon pointers, positions her posterior down into it. "Oi, whut's so urgent?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-10, 02:42 AM
Syveris smiled at how Arana managed not to say 'anathema' this time. Maybe she was rough on the edges, but she looked like a good person so far. She decided to drop the subject, and just walk on towards the town in the distance.

GenericMook
2014-08-10, 06:02 PM
Senri lowered her blade, and finally placed it back against the wall after some hesitation. She trusted Marik's judgment, and would respect that. Still, her blade was within arm's reach, just in case anything happened.

"That sounds awfully far from here. What message does your master send?"

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-10, 10:03 PM
The boy gulps and continues "Prince Guntar has an offer he wishes to extend to the noble heroes of the town" he then stands and waits patiently for a response.

Six feet and four hooves tread onto the abandoned dirt road at the entrance of town. Lights flicker from a large wooden building nearby, the animal at their heels bahs in excitement.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-10, 10:40 PM
Slip is already out the door at mention of an offer. Offers meant jobs, jobs meant fun, fun meant... enjoyment yeah that's it!

"C'mon! whut're ya'll waitin for! Les go!" She waves back at the others and grabs the kids hand for him to lead on.

dancrilis
2014-08-11, 12:54 PM
Arana

Looking at the baby she realised that she had not even bothered to check if it was owned by either of the other women, but shrugged it off - they could mention something if they wanted.

The building would likely be the best bet for the brown juice - likely an inn, she and pushed the door to check if it was open.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-12, 05:17 PM
Marik thinks for a moment and then replies to the young messenger, choosing his words carefully,"While I am honored by the prince's invitation, I'm afraid I must refuse it at this juncture as I must meet with a god about a river." he then turns to Senri,"Although if you wish to accompany Slips to meet this prince you may, Kai and I can handle ourselves."

He then turns back to the messenger,"So tell your master I must respectfully refuse this current offer, but once this crisis is settled I am more than happy to meet him."

I'm planning on making coffee, what rolls do you want me to make to find the beans and then craft it?

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-12, 05:53 PM
The blue dressed child bows politely to Marik, and quickly takes Slips on a merry adventure. Down the hallway they careen, her azure guide gushing out words. "The prince has travelled far to this harsh land where nothing grows. Are you from here? You don't look like the rest. Are you and your parents travellers as well?" Not to be outdone Slip keeps pace, the two hurtling down the creaky wooden stairs. Their speed found an enemy in the just opened door, sending both fast and steady bodies to the ground.

Arana was a good soldier but their ambush was perfect. Her companions watched on as the Solar entered the Nuir Marmot and was immediately set upon by two child thugs. The awkward group collapsed in a pile, with curses thrown like daggers as each tried to rise. A boy and a girl, both defiant and brave in front of their larger adversary.

GenericMook
2014-08-12, 06:26 PM
Senri shakes her head. "You probably might want me to stick around to help you find the river god, anyways. Slip can handle herself in a fight, but you might want some help if anything happens," she says as she picks up her daiklave and slips its harness over her shoulders. "So, we need to find coffee, huh? I've never had any myself, but I suppose we could ask around, right?"

ChaosArchon
2014-08-12, 06:45 PM
"Thank you then Senri, and yes I do think we need to find some beans. If we find enough perhaps I can brew a cup for you as well." he says with a smile as they walk out of the room and begin their search throughout the town for some coffee beans fit for a god, nay, for beans fit for one of Luna's Chosen.

souffle_girl
2014-08-13, 01:35 AM
Syveris had just walked inside the inn when a couple of children crashed right into Arana, resulting in a few curses being spat out.
"Hey, watch your steps!" she snapped, but as soon as her attention went back to the room, she went pale as a young man walked down into the room.

"Ma... Marik? Is that you?" Syv immediately assumed a defensive martial arts position, focusing on planning an escape route, expecting her nephew to call her out as Anathema right in the middle of Nuir Marmot.
"I warn you, I learned much since I left; if you're here to take me home..."

GenericMook
2014-08-13, 01:50 AM
Senri smiled to herself. Marik usually kept his promises, or at least meant to, so she'd be fine with not actually having any coffee. She finished slinging their provisions pack over her shoulder before following him down.

Well, at least, that was before he was confronted by a woman with silver hair. Senri watched the woman cautiously, and moved her right hand to grasp the handle of her daiklave.

"Marik, do you know her?" asked Senri.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-13, 01:54 AM
Marik blanches for a moment in shock but quickly recovers,"Auntie... is that you? After my mother stopped talking about you I assumed you had died... you're alive?" he says, with a voice half happy but half skeptical.

Still in shock, he quickly thinks of a thousand different reasons why she might have left home until he comes to what he thinks is the most likely reason, as he says, half in a whisper,"Which of the gods has decided to make you their champion?"

souffle_girl
2014-08-13, 02:10 AM
Syv was dazzled. After everything that happened with her family, she expected to meet her relatives only for them to hunt her down. But apparently Marik didn't even know about her Exaltation, and might be willing to talk to her...

"You mean you're not here to fight me? Good, I hate that. Let's... take it somewhere more private, shall we?"

ChaosArchon
2014-08-13, 02:13 AM
Marik nods,"Of course Auntie, by the way," he nods to Senri,"this is my companion Senri, Senri this is my Aunt Syveris. Now that introductions are complete, would you terribly mind talking with me while we walk Auntie? There currently is a...situation, that Senri and I were about to take care of and it is rather time sensitive."

souffle_girl
2014-08-13, 02:39 AM
"A pleasure to meet you, Senri. If you're talking about the flood, I'm working on it too, together with Arana and Delilah, the two women travelling with me. This is my nephew Marik," she then added, introducing him to her companions. "We're looking for the right offering for the river god, some kind of brown liquid."

she then looked straight at Marik, showing him her tatoos. "You've always been the smart one in the family, Mar; I'm sure you know what these mean," she said smiling.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-13, 02:45 AM
As Marik sees the tattoos he smiles,"Indeed I do, although I wonder what hardship you had to go through to acquire them. But a thousand blessings that the goddess decided to make you one of her champions. As for the brown liquid, I believe you mean coffee which I was planning on brewing to help speak with the god, although if we find enough beans I was going to make some for Senri too, although if fortune smiles upon us perhaps I can make enough for us all." he says with a smile, and then a devilish grin upon saying,"You'll find that I too have been blessed by a similar but more... heliacal patron if you understand me."

Heliacal=pertaining to the Sun

GenericMook
2014-08-13, 05:17 AM
Senri lowers her hand from the hilt when Marik makes introductions, but keeps her hands folded across her chest. Marik apparently knew this woman, which was a good enough reason to trust her, but it wasn't really enough.

At least, until she showed Marik her own silver tattoos. Senri's eyes raised at that, and she lifted her own sleeves to show a hint of her own spiraling moonsilver tattoos.

"We were actually just heading out to find some of the beans required for the brewing, but I suppose you could join us if that interested you. I'm sure Marik won't mind."

souffle_girl
2014-08-13, 06:18 AM
Syv's brow arched at her nephew's remark, then she just burst into laughter - a strange thing indeed for the usually serious woman.

"Oh, poor, poor Wana. Both his sister and his son are now horrible monsters. I wonder what he did to deserve this punishment!"
It took a moment for her to regain her composture, the situation was just too ironic.
"Anyway, my initiation was performed by a wise woman in the far southeast. She taught me much, and she also divined that if I found my Mate then both of us would achieve greatness. That's why I've been wandering for the last few years."

She then looked over at Sinri with an appreciative stare.

"Thank you for the offer, and I think my companions will want to join too."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 08:49 AM
Slip gets up and helps the kid up. She was fine, but kid probably wasn't as hardy.

"Ey lady! Watch it, you could 'urt the kid!" She dusts herself and the kid off. "If I wasn't goin to meet a prince i'd 'ave thrashed you right good!" She takes the boy's hand.

No she totally was out of the way! 4 motes personal to reroll dexterity + dodge! +2 acrobatic dodges!

Also a Wits + Awareness just to sense it coming. 8 dice
[roll0]
Stunt if any
[roll1]

Dodge
[roll2]

Stunt if any
[roll3]

ManOfSand
2014-08-13, 12:42 PM
Having been silent for some time after Arana had been so acutely disheartening Delilah forced herself to realize her manners,

"Pleasure to meet the both of you, it's so good to see this humble town receiving visitors like yourselfves. I'm Delilah, a local shepherd." Quickly she fixed her slouching posture and looked up into the eyes of this man called Marik, "I can help show you all around the area at some time if you'd like."

The unrefined dragon-blooded child then grasped her attention, "Who is this pretty wildflower?"

dancrilis
2014-08-13, 06:03 PM
Arana

As the children crashed into her she swore heavily and harshly, she had focused her skills on danger rather than the accidental clumsiness of others - still she had the training to fall correctly and protect her assumed charge, shifting her weight as she fell and moving her arm to maneuver the child safely.

Standing in one swift motion she relied on her other skills to rely warn her of danger and plucked the child from her shoulder to examine it and make sure it was not rattled overly by the experience.

Satisfied with the child's health she ignored the children and moved to the counter while listening to the conversation - three items struck her:
The first was the woman the grand daiklave, a formidable enough weapon she had seen infrequently since leaving home, this was a woman worthy of note - to be eliminated quickly if it came to that.
The mention of 'Auntie' from the man - she had heard that everyone from the blessed isle was inbreed but this seems to much - she actually snorted at the joke.
The third and final brought her out of the humour and possible was the most worthy of note; when the man identified himself as one of the Solar Anathema - her eyes narrowed as she took him in, it was her first meeting with one of her kind, and other than knowing that this many anathema needed to be reported back home she was unsure what to make of the situation.

At Syveris comment of joining forces - "assuming they weren't the cause, sure. Someone needs to watch and report on you lot - were they the cause that is a different manner" it was audible but still muttered, this many anathema near her home was worrying.

She had no interest it trading barbs with children so simply ignored the girl - a wolf did not answer a lamb threats after all, it merely acted if it needed too.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 06:16 PM
Slip sticks her tongue out at the woman as she passed by. She looks back to the kid with her and asks if he's OK. Hearing the other person ask about her she turns over and glances. "Name's slip, darin rogue an Ezzalt of Water, an you are?" She gives a cheeky bow.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-13, 07:31 PM
Marik smiles, and then explains,"Ah yes this is my friend Slips, who I've become acquainted with from my journeys. And a hello to you Delilah, I'm happy to make your acquaintance." he turns to his aunt,"and who is this who Slips has tripped over?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 07:53 PM
"Tripped over me!" Slip corrects Marik matter of factly.

dancrilis
2014-08-14, 03:52 AM
Arana

As the child indicated her dragon blooded nature, she took her in closer - Karal Lef was also water, many people assumed that the aspects defined personality - she was personally dubious about that. But perhaps the child would grow into a more respectable citizen of the River Province.

Returning her attention to her Solar contemporary "as Syveris mentioned I am Arana - as she skipped, Former Chuzei of the First Field Force, Lookshy - still in service to home", she took a breath "cards on the table if you are investigating what happened here to assist and ensure the stability of the River Province we can work together, if I find out you and yours are responsible you will be lucky to see trial", there was no point in them wondering about her suspicions when she could make them clear.

Setting the baby gently on the counter and rang the bell, or hit the desk to get service - if no bell was available.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-14, 09:26 PM
At the sound of the bell a young attendant came to service Arana. "What can i get you?" she states quickly, looking blankly forward.

As the two groups milled about the young boy tugged at Slip's sleeves. "My prince awaits our arrival over there" he gestures to a table at the side of the establishment. A lavishly garbed man sits with jewels adorning his body in rings, bracelets, and brooch. He glances over at the pair and his hypnotic emerald eyes lock with the young Princess of the Earth.

Amid introductions Marik's sharp mind recalls several texts he browsed on this odd land. Few crops were grown here, he remembered it was little more than grass, shrubs, and fruitless trees. Coffee must be an imported trade, and from his other studies it often grew well in warm climates. There was mention in the book that the Altan family held great favor with the god Zalkhuur, perhaps they had the precious drink.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-15, 06:15 PM
Slip glances at the prince awaiting her. She glances back to the lunar who addressed her. " 'old dat faught!" With a liquidlike motion she makes her way over to where the prince is seated and hops into the seat across from him. "Da li'l sparrow 'ere tells me you 'ave a need of da Ezzalted! Name's Slip!" She flashes a big grin and holds out a hand. Her age clearly does not send up any red flags to herself as she addresses the man like any other. "an' I kin say you came to da best!" Her other hand flips up a silver dinar and begins rolling it across her knuckles and fingers before flipping it to a server as they pass, a grin on her face as a fresh drink is brought before the Prince. "What kin I do fer ya?" Confidence spews forth from the girl as she attempts to make a charming display, actually using her age as a sort of leverage to a good meeting. Most youths her age do not just saunter on up to adults like this. Such self esteem was probably a refreshing sight. IT could also be the worst way to get things going.

Shes using charisma and presence and relying on her confident appearance to let this guy know he's picked the right girl. She makes a note to herself to see if she can't make some charms to do that better but for now a little raw charisma and talent with speaking go a ways.
Charisma 2 Presence 4 any stunt so 6 + stunt in dice
[roll0]

Stunt if any
[roll1]

dancrilis
2014-08-15, 10:24 PM
Arana

Looking at the attendant "this baby - found in the aftermath of the flood", she pointed at it "do you know if it might have family remaining that will take it?" she asked.

"Further I would like a cup of coffee - and a mug of hot clean water, please" she finished.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-15, 10:28 PM
Marik smiles and notices the prince was not far away but in the same tavern as them, realizing perhaps they might as well speak with this traveller, the young Descending Sun walks over to the prince,"Hello my name is Marik, might I assume that you are the one who sent a messenger to my room?" he says with a dazzling smile.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-16, 02:08 PM
"That appears to be a child of the Bajas" as she plays with the simple jewelry around its neck. "Dirty mongrels that live near the hills, their kin will not be terribly missed. If you feel inclined to find a warm heart the Bortu will take in even dogs" she finishes slamming down a miniscule cup of coffee next to a pitcher of water.

The dark skinned man grins at the fashionable entrance by the young Slip. "Ah finally one of my young heroes has sauntered forth" he pauses as Marik draws near, accepts his introduction and continues. "And the architect himself, such a noble honor to meet both of you....as my humble servant must have informed you i am Prince Guntar of the Summer Mountains. I journeyed throughout the Southeast, past the desolate Thorns to do business with this great town. I have brought with me a rare coffee bean, cultivated in the soils of the muddy jungle slopes on the highest peak. It will please your humble deity most certainly."

ChaosArchon
2014-08-16, 03:28 PM
"How auspicious, might I ask what you would ask in return for the beans? Perhaps a cup of the coffee yourself? Or do you have a higher price in mind Prince of the Summer Mountains?" Marik says inquisitively but politely.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-16, 03:40 PM
Slip holds up a hand now covered in the rings the man was wearing, that brief moment marik showed up was all she needed to pilfer them. Distractions were wondeful like that and her hands were quick as can be. "Or maybe ya need somfin less, shall we say scruplus?? " She slips them off and drops them back into his hand with a grin. The girl had talent, there was no denying that.

Lifted Treasure Beneath The Surface Method, 2 motes on the first larceny excellency + 2 motes on River Washed to Sea Practice 4 motes personal, induces a -4 internal penalty on attempt to spot her larceny attempt. 9 dice normal +4 excellency + any stunt
[roll0]
stunt if any
[roll1]

dancrilis
2014-08-16, 05:40 PM
Arana

She looked at the woman and the child - twin instincts warred within her, if the child was of a criminal sort it may be better to abandon it, however it had caused her no issues to date so it was in a way an accepted responsibility of hers.

"Thank you I appreciate the input, if it is unwanted here - I may have it sent home for board and to be raised correctly" picking up the pitcher and sampling it to ensure it was clean enough she downed it, and collected the coffee and child, dropping some dinar bits on the counter to cover both the drinks and the information. She was surprised that it had been this simple to get the drink really.

The temptation to pawn the child off on her 'mate' was present, but she didn't want to encourage the woman or act as if she was manipulating her possible delusions - who knew that her power had done to her mind.

"Right got coffee - can we go to see this god now" she looked at Delilah who seemed to know where this tree was.

GenericMook
2014-08-17, 05:44 PM
Senri, who had followed Marik to the Prince's table. She was almost immediately suspicious of the Prince, given his garb, and the sheer convenience of his offer. Suddenly, something clicked in Senri's head.

There was a possibility that he was a raksha.

"Whether or not we accept your trade, Prince, hinges upon several factors. First, however, I'd like you to hold this for me," says Senri, taking out a cylindrical iron bar roughly the size of her index finger and rolling it across to the prince.

ManOfSand
2014-08-18, 12:03 PM
Delilah awoke from a daydream of sorts just in time to hear Arana's question and prove her usefulness.

"Surely we can, I remember a few landmarks along the way and the tree sticks out, it shouldn't take too long."

Looking around her at all these new faces she was quick to include them, after all first impressions are everything. "If any of you would like to see Zalkhuur, I do believe I know the way, you're all welcome to join me, I'll be waiting just outside."

She then looked upon Prince Guntar with fearful and suspicious eyes, but only for a moment. After this, she gathered her rather embarrassed self and skipped out of the tavern to wait outside for those who might join her.

souffle_girl
2014-08-18, 03:30 PM
"Delilah, Arana, wait a moment please. I'd like my nephew to come with us, I think we might have a better chance to strike a deal if we're together. And I want to know what this encounter is about." Syveris said, observing Marik as he talked with this Prince. Asking him to hold a bar of iron was definitely a clever idea.
"Maybe we can still learn something useful here."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-18, 06:34 PM
The handsome Guntar looks on astonished. "This little girl is quite sly" he says with a chuckle "she can keep her prize, for those gems grow on the very trees of my ancestral homeland" he finishes dismissively. "And it appears your beautiful friend has read my mind.....strong and smart" his bright eye winks at her "But back to the matter on hand" he shifts back to Marik "my people suffer greatly at the nightmarish hands of fairies" Guntar sighs "we have heard of these metals that repel the dreamwalkers, though i did not know if i would find them here. They have begun stalking my people at night, forcing them to travel in the dead of night to never return. I propose a change in ownership of beans and bars."

ChaosArchon
2014-08-18, 06:38 PM
Marik considers what the prince has asked and then replies,"So just to be clear, you want to exchange your beans for that singular metal bar Senri has? Or do you require us to wield the bar against the rahska who plague your homeland?"

GenericMook
2014-08-18, 07:54 PM
Senri looks at the Prince as if he'd just announced that he was really the Scarlet Empress. That is, a rather confused but nevertheless amused look.

"If it's iron you're looking for, you could probably try trading with the Guild or something. Or... if you're actually looking for help against the Fair Folk, then I actually do not mind helping out. You might have to wait until we settle this mess with the river god, but I suppose it's possible after that."

dancrilis
2014-08-19, 08:03 PM
Arana

She looked at both Lunar's as they spoke, happy to be leaving the presence of so many anathema initially and swiftly asked to stay with them - she sighed.

"Fine - if they can hurry up, I don't want to see more rivers acting up while we waste time chatting", looking at the man they were speaking to she noted he had not actually touched the bar rolled to him - but it wasn't her business.

With that she stepped out to stand with Delilah, and take in the town's activities.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-20, 07:52 PM
"I wish only for your bars or iron trinkets, though i hope you possess more than this one" the dark skinned man handles the iron bar Senri rolled on the table. "I must return to my people a hero, not return with heroes" Guntar chuckles. "But it is not polite for me to hide my goods" he gestures towards one of his armed men who ambles over with a green silk bag.

With hungry eyes Delilah's goat follows the trail of the green silk bag. As Guntar reveals his illustrious crop the animal nabs the bag, chewing relentlessly on the delicate material.

"Whose adorable creature is this?" the Prince questioned, petting the creature as it simultaneously eats and rubs up closer to the Southern man. "I apologize for the minor distraction, do you have interest in my offer?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-20, 08:57 PM
Slip shrugs. "well if'n ya change yer mind bout needing someone to 'elp ya let me know, but I don't carry round iron. " With a flourishing gesture she springs out of the chair. Dis guy would know bout yer iron though" She gestures to the craftsman by her side. A slight hint of disappointment can be heard in her voice, but their would always be more opportunities.

"Ah'll meetcha owside Marik, gonna get some fresh air!" And with that, the thief is gone, weaving through the lobby and out the door.

ManOfSand
2014-08-21, 06:31 PM
As the door was opened by Slip, Delilah caught the Prince's question and promptly blurts through the door into the establishment, "The goat is mine, Delilah the shepherd girl! But it doesn't have a name, you should name it my dear prince!" Then she pulled her head back to the outdoors and began to fix her messy hair, pulling out twigs and dead leaves.

She smirked at Slip as there was some form of entertainment in her that she hadn't seen before, "Hiyya there, you sure know how to handle yourself in front of royalty. I'm impressed."

Then the shepherd girl turned to address the Solar from the Legion, she tried to be as direct and serious as possible, "I do hope you have the beans, or at least someone whose joining us does. The tree is most likely that way," she pointed into the distance. "I did wish to ask you a question though, is pleasing the river god really what we want?" Delilah began to gracefully pace about, "He has caused harm in this area and could very likely do it again if it pleased him. Now I am worshiped by a only a few, but I've never done them any wrong and don't ever intend to." She then stared deeply into Arana's eyes and said slyly, "I know you disagree with my following and that in truth, I'm not an authentic god like Zalkhuur but does that make him any greater? Is he really worth pleasing?"

dancrilis
2014-08-21, 06:53 PM
Arana

With the baby tucked into her shoulder and the coffee cup held in the ball of the same hand holding it there she looked at the other two and shrugged, "don't know the god caused this - could have been killed by someone causing his domain to run rampant, could have nothing to do with him and some sorceress beasties might be the cause, could be anything. Hopefully he will know - and if he caused it we can than worry about putting manners on him" she stated.

"Don't need beans - got the actual coffee cup" she tilted her hand to show "it will be cold when we get there but better than nothing" she paused to hold the woman's gaze, "as for your worship - I doubt you know the harm you might be causing even accidentally. Say a villager accidentally insults you and the others stone them - that might not be reported to you when you visit, if they have decided that shepherds are sacred others might be taking advantage of them by exploiting there faith in you. If an immaculate heard of it and was in the region your followers might be wiped out as tainted cultists", shrugging "the immaculates might have organised religion right - a place for behaving gods and behaving gods getting their due".

Looking out over the village "the sooner we are dealt with this the better - and I still am not convinced that with all the odd people running around that there might be a cause closer to us".

Looking at the girl that had gotten in her way "so from a humble mortal soldier to a prince of the earth - what is your take on this god and situation" while there was no sarcasm in her voice there was no respect that a dragon blood might normally expect.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-21, 08:38 PM
Slip was standing there with a finger in her nose while the soldier and the lunar were talking, when they turned to her she blinked and looked back at them. "whut? eh... I don' typicly deal wif gods. an prince? nah lady i'm zalted, not royalty." She flicks some offending nasal particle to the side. "jus a girl 'oo 'appens to be awesome, was awesome b'fore I got lucky and am awesome now. Thas it" She does a sort of deliberate long strided high leged first step before springing onto a wooden fence and balancing along it. "Gonna say it, we ain't some super lightened wisers. Fact, lotsa zalted ain't no smarter'n any other folks."

ChaosArchon
2014-08-21, 09:33 PM
Marik considers the prince's proposal for a moment and then says,"Hmm I do believe I could help locate a cache of iron for which you could use to fight the fae invaders of your homeland, in fact once this crisis is resolved I would be more than happy to journey and help create some structures to repel such insidious presences from your homelands." he then looks at the bag,"and as for the coffee I do believe I can quickly brew a pot of it fit for princes, Exalts, and gods alike."

As he prepares to begin his brewing of the grounds he first goes outside to grab Slips and he overhears Slips explaining the nature of Exalts and says,"She is right, as radiant as we are, we Exalt are merely the first among equals in Creations. We might have held a mandate to rule once, but now we are the people's guardians, their servitors. We are far to inflamed by emotions to make stable rulers, we may make the framework, but in the end it will be the mortals who rule over Creation. Through sorcery we can uplift all mortals and enable them to bring peace to existence."

After his short little soliloquy, he looks at the young Water Aspect and says,"Slips if you will aide me inside for a moment please, I believe it is time to work. Mind flaring your anima when we go inside my friend?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-21, 09:42 PM
Slip looks at her companion. "Ain't flarin nothin inside, don' wanna take this place down, we kin do what you need 'ere." Slip might not be the most intelligent but she knows that her aura is dangerous to people and objects.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-21, 09:46 PM
Marik nods and says,"Sorry I was feeling rushed, yes we do work outside here." he quickly grabs a few mugs from the inside and then returns outside. "If you would now please, Slips?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-21, 10:08 PM
Slip nods and steps to a clearing. "OI anyone 'oo doesn' wanna get 'urt by me needs ta step way!" when there is a space for her to do it, she lights up, its at first a few droplets swirling around before it it becomes a vortex. Swirling around her it makes her seem to be moving when she stands perfectly still as the light is bent through it. The sound of waves crash about as they pull and scatter minerals at her feet, the ground around her begins to carve away and for moments she is as a sea during a storm, then moments later it settles down, a violent rapid, still dangerous for a mortal, but for one such as Marik, a perfect forge for his project.

"s'all you now Marik! 'Ave at it!" she says confidently with a grin, hands in her pockets and elbows out to the sides.

Just doing a burn of peripheral for the sake of it, 16 motes to add to marik's coffee pot. after 5 ticks it dies down so marik can get to work safely. Motes come back so not worried. she's down to17 peripheral.

Dunno how a stunt would work with this since i'm attempting a teamwork stunt with chaos.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-21, 10:21 PM
As his water aspected friend morphs into a whirling vortex of water, Marik begins grinding the beans he received from the prince with the force of his essence alone, tossing the beans into Slips as the finishes grinding each one. As the puts more and more beans into the vortex that is Slip, the water eventually takes on a brown, muddy color. Upon seeing the change in color, Marik begins to spin Slips even more quickly, using his essence to tell physics to sit and and shut up as he uses the particles of the ground beans to rub against one another and heat up the vortex. He then uses more of his essence to shape itself into milk which he lets stream into the vortex to mix with the coffee-water mix. Eventually the water is boiling hot and Marik uses the several mugs from the bar he grabbed and uses them to scoop up the now finished coffee as Slips returns to her human form, now soaked in coffee put otherwise unharmed. "Coffee is served ladies and gents," he says with a smile.

activating Craftsman Needs No Tools (-5m, 1wp) and Second Craft Excellency (x2, -4m)
-9m,-1wp 11/40 peripheral essence and 6/9 wp
Intelligence (5)+ Craft (5): [roll0]+2 sux

dancrilis
2014-08-22, 11:53 AM
Arana

She sighed at the dragons lack of knowledge - but it wasn't unexpected. Looking at her 'peer' she gave a snort, "first amongst equals still implies first. And let me guess as there guardians you are here to help, and the best way you can help is with good advise. Or to put it another way, you are here to serve them and the best way you can is by making sure that they do what you say. I don't buy it" she finished as he moved off.

Than she looked at the spectacular and her blood started to run hot but she waited for its conclusion - her voice spoke of barely contained cold rage "listen to me carefully" she fixed the other sun child with a glare that might have stopped a charging yeddim in its tracks "this town has been plagued by a water based catastrophe of unknown origin - and you have just had your idiot friend demonstrate significant water based power for no greater purpose than making coffee" twisting her hand to show the cup "something available within the establishment we were just in - and where water was available in abundance". Stepping up to him "if I find out that you caused this incident due to carelessness and lack of foresight - for no better purpose than to show off. I will kill you where you stand - no trail, no problems".

It wasn't concious and there would be no obvious signs - other than perhaps a thickening of the air around her - but something about the woman seemed exceptionally dangerous at that moment, her eyes were piercing, her movements were exact, her voice was ice cold - casually holding the baby it appeared as if she had a death grip on it despite it breathing comfortably.
Fairly imposing at normal times - she now appeared as of something from a nightmare.

Arana has used her anima power to appear scary - without activating her anima.
5 personal motes.
She has a fear aura (amongst other benefits that are likely less relevant here) - which can be ignored for 5 willpower points.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-22, 12:21 PM
"OI lady chill yourself out! woopdiedoo you got swords an stuff, an' you jus got done soloiliquizin bout us makin people serve, yet 'ere you go barkin like we broke yer rules. " Slip looks her square in the eyes. "Yer nuffin but a bully wif a delushun of bein a perfec person. You aint, an you won't. None of us is! Not the Lookshy, not the realm, not you, not the lunars or the solars! So why don' you jus back off!"

She takes marik's hand. "Cmon Mar, sooner we take care of dis god sooner we can get away from dis place. It tracts too many stiff asses."

Despite her limit being significantly less debilitating than a solars, slip cares too much about marik to actually get intoa fight. She shows she wont be bullied but draws it there so rolling valor and in the event of successes im going to have to spend a WP to suppress it.

3d10
[roll0]

ChaosArchon
2014-08-22, 04:26 PM
As Marik watches the young woman, he notices an aura of fear surround her, and something in the back of his brain urges him that combat with this woman would be a mistake he would not make twice. After she finishes her rant, he lets her calm down for a moment before speaking and then matches her glare with a cold, emotionless one of his own. Most people would think he was frightened but Slips knew better by now, Marik was furious.

"It seems you are running on incomplete information, otherwise you would not make such outrageous claims, threats, and mandates upon my friend and I. First you are incorrect by what I meant when I said first among equals. I did not mean I or any other Chosen of the Incarnae would rule over the mortals as once was the case, I only meant that we have been the first to have been gifted with equality first but it will not remain that way. Through the teaching of sorcery soon all mortals will be able to perform the works I have today and have the power to make this age we live in a safer and more enlightened one than the previous one. That is what I meant when I said first among equals, we are only the first to achieve such power, but by my will it will not be so for long."

He pauses for a moment, his demeanor still as icy as when he started,"Now for addressing your threat against myself and my companion, today when the river flooded we were in this very bar enjoying a rest from our travels. Once we heard of the devastation we immediately leapt to action and through Senri, Slip, and my own actions we saved this town from likely destruction. What perhaps did you do to aide this town in its time of peril? Where were you when this town needed you the most? Furthermore how you can talk of devastation and the loss of human life, Child of Dawn? I wonder how many men and women you have already killed in your lifetime, how many children you have orphaned in your wake. How can you boast to be a defender of the sanctity of life when you have ravaged so many of such a gift already? If you truly knew me you would know I have made sure to never take a life, even of my own enemies, for it is a barbaric and wicked act which simply allows the Yozi to jeer in laughter from their Malfean prison as we become the very beasts they saw us as. Furthermore, Sword of Heaven, I wasn't showing off as you so rashly believed. I was making coffee the likes Creation has rarely seen before in order to win the god's favor and bring peace back to this region, might I ask what you have been doing to ameliorate the current crisis?"

After he finishes his speech he twirls around and takes his coffee with him into the tavern and gives a cup to his aunt, Senri, Slips, Delilah, and the prince while keeping the last two cups in his hands for when they go to greet the god.

ManOfSand
2014-08-22, 05:31 PM
"Thanks Marik, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a nice and hot cup of coffee." She blushed and trotted over to Syveris's table. "Your nephew is strikingly personable, must run in the family." She sipped down a tad too much and burnt her tongue, "OOUCHH!" She screeched as the urge to spit out the coffee nearly overtook her. "I think that he has the right ideas for the town," she spoke with a cough.

Taking her attention to her nosy goat friend she called out, "Here boy, come here! No more eating the prince's food!!"

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-23, 03:36 PM
Marik returns to the inn with the perfect cup of coffee, receiving mmm's and aah's from its tasters. Prince Guntar continues to playfully pry the green sack away from the relentless goat. "Is this fine beast for sale?" he utters through chuckles. The onlookers eyes are drawn towards the fuzzy little guy, with his fine ruby coat and cute wagging tail.

ManOfSand
2014-08-23, 04:33 PM
Delilah approaches the prince and bends over to pet her goat, "I would hate to part with one of my flock, but I have more, if you should desire this one or just his red wool simply say the word and its yours. For you he is free my Prince."

She then stood up and gave a charming smile toward the prince, "I hope he hasn't bothered you much."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-23, 06:21 PM
"He is as delightful as his owner is beautiful i assure you" the Prince says with a smile. "But i can not take a gift for free, i will owe you fair Delilah, before i cross back over the hills i shall give you something worthy". The goat continues to happily gnaw on the former coffee bag as it is petted by the two.

souffle_girl
2014-08-24, 04:52 AM
Syv, who had been so far content to just watch the scene unfolding while sipping her coffee, decided it was time to step up before Marik's and Arana's quarrel escalated further.

"Please, calm down you two; it is only natural for Arana to be suspicious of such a powerful display of magic by someone she has just met. She's a soldier, and as such it is her job to evaluate any situation in search for possible threats. I'm sure she doesn't mean any harm to you or your friends.
Arana, I can give you my word that my nephew is a good person, and means no harm to anyone; in fact, I would be extremely disappointed if I had to find out he's been careless with his powers. He is, after all, a powerful sorcerer as he just proved us.
If we could all put aside our only natural suspicions I'm sure we will all benefit from working together."

She then turned to the prince,

"Thank you, my Prince, for the chance you have given us. I'm sure the River God will appreciate your coffee. Now, everyone, if we're done I think it would be best to go visit the God as soon as possible, and learn the reason behind his ire."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-24, 10:20 AM
Slip waits outside the inn as the force of nature surrounding her dies down. She wasn't a fan of coffee but what the heck. Rather than be wasteful she downed the glass in a gulp then proceeded to people watch as the aura slowly became more stable and safe.

dancrilis
2014-08-24, 11:36 AM
Arana

She simply ignored the dragon blood - she trusted herself enough to be prepared for any sudden attack, and focused on what the stories said was the more serious threat.

She listened to his explanation of his meaning, and sneered, he was naive - powerful likely - but naive nonetheless, and power with nativity was a dangerous combination.

Still she held her tongue and let him finish, he also ultimately seemed delusional she realised - she had never spoken of the loss of human life, nor had she claimed to be a defender of it. the truth was she didn't really care about this town as an entity - her issue was with a meaningless display of power focused on water which could lead stories to spread through the region of water based attacks after a flood. Stories that could lead to problems for the region.

She was a hairs breath from striking the delusional maniac down when Syveris spoke - turning to her "if I had meant them harm I would have done harm" it was a blunt statement. "But I will accept your word for now - I hope you know what that means, his and his friends actions are on you now - till you revoke your word".

Returning her gaze to the man again "in answer too your question - scores by my own hand, far greater when commanding others. To answer your implication - I feel exactly no pity or remorse for any of them, they were my enemies and I was theirs" war and combat required finishing your enemy.

"Shall we go, I am eager to know what happened here - and if your brew is as good as you say and the god does not need to be broken, I hope the next mortal that needs his aid can brew as well - least he treat a lesser brew as an insult", she knew little of gods in truth, but they could be fickle in all the stories.

souffle_girl
2014-08-24, 03:10 PM
Syveris stared firmly back at Arana before speaking.

"I know what I said, and I mean it. Marik, Arana saved my life and I'm in her debt. I trust you; don't make me regret what I said, OK?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-24, 03:21 PM
Slip is leaned against a gradually wearing stone as Arana speaks her mind. "Aint you just a bundle o sunshine?" She flicks some pebbles into the air and watches them turn to small dust clouds in her aura. "An ezzalt eat your sweetroll or somefin?"

ChaosArchon
2014-08-24, 03:40 PM
Marik nods at his aunt as he hands her the cup of coffee he made for her,"I'll remain civil auntie, I wouldn't want to have to harm a fellow Chosen of the Sun. Now unless anyone disagrees, I believe I shall go give the last cup of coffee to the god, Arana you can have the last cup, I'm a not thirsty."

GenericMook
2014-08-25, 03:06 AM
Senri takes a sip of the coffee as Marik hands it to her. The flavor, especially the bitterness of the beans complemented by milk, wasn't something that she was used to back home. It was simpler things back home, and even tea was a rarity. She smiled at Marik, but that smile faded somewhat as she read the expression on his face.

As Marik finishes talking to his aunt, Senri pulls him off to a corner, her own half-finished cup of coffee in one hand.

"Marik, is something bothering you?" asks Senri, soft enough so that the others might not hear.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-25, 03:40 AM
Marik's gaze softens and his shoulders seem to shift downwards a bit, but he smiles at Senri,"I'm mostly over it now Senri, but that Dawn seemed to view my actions with suspicion, seemed to believe death follows my actions no matter what. Now I'm not one to care too much what others think of me, but I hate when people think I would try to hurt innocent people, I want to help others, not crush them underfoot." he pauses for a moment,"oh and she threatened to kill Slips and I if she feels it necessary."

GenericMook
2014-08-25, 08:30 AM
Senri frowns and looks at Arana for a moment. "Hypocrite. I suppose she believes that she's perfect and that her cause is just and fair. Honestly, Marik, we don't need her opinion. Slip and I know better, and if she wants to attack you, you cab count on me. Now, I've not seen you drink any of the coffee. So, keep that smile on your face, don't let that soldier get to you, and try some of your coffee," says Senri, forcing the half-finished cup of coffee into Marik's hand with a smile.

dancrilis
2014-08-25, 08:57 AM
Arana

Holding Syveris's gaze, she offered a nod "good" - she was glad the woman was not bothering talking about destiny and the like.

Looking at Marik, "I have had my water - keep your coffee, I am content" her voice had neither warmth or coldness to it, she had made her position clear to the man, to her that matter was dealt with until he crossed a line.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-08-30, 09:55 AM
The band of six newly introduced heroes struck out across the land. With neither horse nor cart their journey was long, and many times did the sun and moon complete their own in the sky. But neither distance nor savage storm could keep the adventurers from their quarry. The warm soothing rays of the sun evaporated any hardships as they continued.

With each peaceful slumber their minds drifted down stream, over hills and bubbling brooks. A long wooden bridge stretched to the horizon with a majestic rainbow stretching across that clear blue sky. Attached by rope to the foremost post is a goat who bahs for you to come forward. You acquiesce to its bestial request, struck by how cute and adorable the young animal is. Wool of ruby red, orbs like twinkling emeralds, the most friendly creature there ever was. It cuddles with you as you lay up against the post, passing once more through the dreamland to the waking world.

As the sun began to creep down an orange glow melted into the green fields seen for leagues. Its silhouette graced the hill over yonder, a tall and welcoming sight to the travelers. As they neared its leafy boughs they could hear the gentle whistle of chimes in the chilling breeze. A loud buzz of snoring cuts through sweet sound as bright sky turns to shade.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-30, 10:42 AM
Slip is chatting with Marik and Senri. "So I says to em, so... so I... ang on?..."

Slip darted forward and perched herself upon a stump further ahead to help focus the sounds. Her personal paranoia was taking over and she glanced around An invisible wave of essence washed out from her as she felt around for what was causing the odd feeling.

Perception 3 Awareness 3 Excellency 3, 3 motes spent 2 for 3 dice 1 for out of aspect. and of course any stunt.
9 dice
[roll0]

stunt if any
[roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-09-02, 05:44 AM
Marik looks at Slips with concern,"Something the matter Slips? Do you think something is wrong?" as he says this, he clutches onto the coffee he brought for the god, while he nudges Kai to awaken her incase a fight broke out and he needed the aide of his familiar.

souffle_girl
2014-09-02, 03:57 PM
"Doesn't this place look a little too... perfect? Delilah, is this the home of the River God, or do I have to get suspicious?"

After all, Syv thought, far too many Raksha realms look like perfect places... at first.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-03, 09:30 PM
Slip's dogged pursuit painted a stark contrast to the serene scene. The droning noise drawing the young dragon closer to the tree until her dainty ear was enveloped by the darkness of the small knotted portal in the bark. The annoyance trumpeted up from the seemingly fathomless black tunnel inside the massive tree.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-03, 09:40 PM
Slip turns back to the group and whistles em over.

GenericMook
2014-09-04, 09:10 AM
Senri took a deep breath as she followed Marik. Slip's senses were usually pretty spot on, and she had no real reason to distrust her. Plus, the snoring was something to be concerned about.

As Senri moved slightly ahead of Marik, she moved one hand to the hilt of the blade on her back, and placed her left hand slightly before her, as if she were getting ready for a fight

Kell_tamer
2014-09-04, 04:31 PM
Slip throwing caution to the wind since she wasn't doing a theft job, replaces her ear with her mouth into the hole. "OI! 'Ooe'er's in there wake up an c'mon out! You gots company!"

The dragon backed up a bit to let whatever creature was in there have room to come out. She slips her hands in her pockets and waits for the response, her feet doing a rapid tapping dance as she had trouble standing still.

souffle_girl
2014-09-05, 07:03 AM
Syv sighed and followed Marik and Slip to the tree.

"Slip, come on. This is no way to talk to a god. Now let us do the talking, OK?"

she turned towards the entrance to the tree.

"Powerful River God, I, Nellens Syveris, the White Fox, Lunar of the No Moon Caste humbly ask for your attention. Pardon my companion's rudeness, and please accept the coffee we bring as a greeting gift."

dancrilis
2014-09-05, 05:54 PM
Arana

Every night and morning she trained - it wasn't necessary she had found that the movements were instinctive now it was merely a matter of focusing that instinct - but she liked the freedom of training, it set her mind at ease.

The dreams were a different manner, they rattled her - something about them night on night seemed like a trap.

Moving towards the snoring she froze and moved her hand to her ear to catch the sound, only to be preempted by the young Dragon Blood.

She reminded at the back as the others approached - let those that knew of gods and coffee deal with this, she could step in if needed.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-05, 06:52 PM
Coffee scented wisps drift towards the tree as if drawn forward by a puppeteer. Over the nimble Slip's shoulders and down into the black abyss. A mere few seconds pass before the dreadful snoring ceases to extend out of the wooden chamber. In its stead the clanking of busy chains breaks any remaining peaceful tone. With noise increasing a small wooden platform rises into view, and upon it rested a jade fringed ceramic plate.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-06, 09:03 AM
Marik sighs at the god's impudence, treating him as if he were a simple delivery boy. But he bites his tongue, after all this meeting had to go well, many innocent peoples' lives depended on it potentially. Therefore for now what was a small slight compared to such a cost. With such thoughts in his mind, Marik places the coffee on the plate saying,"Please accept my humble offering oh great god of the river. All I ask in return is an audience with your sublime aqueous presence."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-08, 04:59 PM
Cup on board the transport promptly delves once more out of sight. A silent minute passes as the heroes stand around. A gentle "aaaahh" escapes the mysterious tree. The clanking resumes, this time offering a treat to the guests. A vibrant red liquid fills a simple glass decanter, a piece of parchment resting on its side.

dancrilis
2014-09-08, 06:14 PM
Arana

She was getting annoyed by the delay - they had travelled for days to talk to this god, find out if he was a problem and deal with him if he was - that was somewhat different than giving him a drink and being polite.

And what had they gotten for the journey?
A glass of red and a note - not the bloody audience, she wanted.

Well she would be damned if she was going to settle for being fobbed off like this - regardless if whether it looked good or not, steeling her nerves.

"God" her voice stern "show yourself".

The thought occurred to her if she could simply destroy his home to force him out - but she knew little of gods, her eyes flashing to the weak spots in the trunk.

Temperance: [roll0]

Presence+Charisma:[roll1]
Unlikely but might as well try to get the god to come out.

dancrilis
2014-09-08, 06:15 PM
Rolling again as the IC post was done poorly.
Temperance: [roll0]
Presence+Charisma: [roll1]

Kell_tamer
2014-09-08, 09:55 PM
Slip being somewhat more pragmatic takes the note and looks it over. Being that odds are not in her favor that she can read the deity's scrawlings she hands it over to Marik before sticking her head completely in the hole. No fear this one! "OYYYYY we traveled long to see ya! An' we ain't all assclown ezzalts! So far only one is! An' I know four of us are right friendly! The verdict is still out on one of the Lunars!" Her hand slaps the trunk a couple times to knock. "So c'mon up! Lez talk! We jus wan e'eryone 'appy!"

Charisma + Presence + Stunt 6 dice + any stunt
[roll0] 2
Stunt if applicable
[roll1] a possible 2 ( more likely not)

GenericMook
2014-09-09, 02:17 AM
Senri, who was standing slightly beside Marik, looks over to read the note that her bondmate was now holding. She also grabs his right forearm, and gives him a quick look.

"I don't think it's a good idea to drink that without knowing what it is, Marik."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-09, 04:22 AM
Marik nods to Senri,"I don't think the god bears any ill will, but it would be wise to at least read the parchment and see what it says. Still I came to speak with him not exchange gifts and be off like some messenger boy," he says with a slight twinge of annoyance in his voice. However then he picks up the parchment and begins to read it.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-09, 08:26 PM
The women's shouts to reveal go unanswered, the scene becoming quiet again as Marik reads over the note while he eyes the gift that came with it.

[A most gracious gift i have received. It has perked my dreary mood and granted a short audience with me. Drink the elixir to enter my world, to stop and smell the Rose.]

ChaosArchon
2014-09-09, 08:29 PM
After finishing his reading of the note, Marik reports to the rest of the party,"The note claims that to enter his sanctums, we must drink this elixir."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-10, 01:10 AM
Slip pulls her head out of the hole and shrugs. "'ve tried worse fings" she tips Marik's hand and takes a swig from the bottle in it. If anything was gonna happen it wouldn't happen to her friend.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-10, 06:58 PM
The young scoundrel's skin blushed a deep red hue as the transformation began. The smallest hero got smaller, shrinking to an impossible mortal size. She stood just over the tall grass and could surely be held in cupped hands.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-10, 07:04 PM
Marik gently picks up his now quite small friend and places her in the palm of his and and examines her,"Are you ok Slips? Other than your smallness do you feel any differently?" he says with concern in his voice as he wracks his brain for any way this could have happened.

Per+Medicine to see if anything is wrong with Slips:[roll0]

INT+Occult to identify what the elxir is:[roll1]

1 die stunt I believe:[roll2]

Kell_tamer
2014-09-10, 07:28 PM
Slip looks around and grins a bit. "NEAT! Also, Marik you need to clean your nails!" The girl seems awfully unperturbed by the situation. "Guessin I need to get on dat fing." She points to the little elevator that brought up the beverage.

souffle_girl
2014-09-12, 05:44 AM
Syveris felt a little better seeing that, after all, Slip was OK. The whole thing, however, smelled suspiciously like Raksha magic to her.
She shrugged, and picked up the bottle. The game was on, it was too late to back out. And if something happened, she could always return to her base form through her shapeshifting. She too took a sip of the elixer.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-13, 10:17 AM
Marik can feel slip impatiently tapping her foot. "ya jes gonna 'old me like imma toy or ya gonna put me on da lift fing?"

Patience was not one of Slip's favored virtues. When she wanted to do something, come hell or high water she was going to do it.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-13, 10:23 AM
Marik smiles at the young girl and places her on the plate, he then looks at Senri and says courteously,"So do you want to take a sip first or shall I?

dancrilis
2014-09-13, 03:22 PM
Arana

"Watch yourself child - my tolerance has limits" she growled at the young water aspect, the girls death would play less and less on her concious with ever word she spoke.

Witnessing the potions affects she firmly decided not to try it - it was tactically a poor move in case of an ambush - in fact if that power was available she would need to ward against it in case of hostile action, that the others decided to proceed was something she would not oppose however.

"I will stay out here - and give you an hour or so to discuss with the God" her eyes finding Syveris "I will trust you to relay the message from within correctly - I want to know if he was responsible, if he can tell us what happened, and if he was not solely responsible who else was".

Activating Integrity Protecting Prana.

Rolling Valour to ignore receive Slips perceived insult without seeking retribution.
Valour: [rollv]3d10[rollv]
Will spend a Willpower point to ignore the Valour check to act normally if needed.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-13, 03:46 PM
Slip just rolls her eyes at the dawn's complaints. "we din't ask you to join us. so take that toxic personality of yours an scram. Marik Senri an I was jus fine wifout you!" She makes a dismissive waving gesture from her perch in the tree.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-13, 04:00 PM
Marik sighs when Arana makes yet another threat towards one of his friends and looks at Senri with a tired look in his eye,"Listen Arana, we get it. You are very threatening and have killed people. Ooooh scary. However we are at the least your peers and even if we were not are fellow human beings, so please desist with your threats towards my friends and myself." and then looks at Syveris and says,"Auntie please keep your friend in line, I would prefer if we could at least be civil in this matter. After we deal with the god you two are by no means required to accompany us on our journeys. I will be satisfied having spent even that much time with you," he says with a smile.

dancrilis
2014-09-13, 05:01 PM
Arana

She held the other Solar's eyes "I have been civil - I told you that if you were a murderer using flooding as your weapon I would kill you - you say that you didn't, and that is fine - I will take you at your word for now", folding her arms "but let us say that you lied - what would an appropriate response be? a firm talking to?".

"Conversely you friend has insulted me at virtually every turn - and my only direct response has been to tell her that there are limits to my easygoing good natured acceptance of such. If she wishes to insult people that is something she can do - but she needs to me prepared to face the consequences. As must we all for are words and actions, right?" she quirked an eyebrow as she asked.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-13, 05:27 PM
Amid the squabble Syveris finds herself decidely unchanged. She notes the fragrant sweet taste, and catches her previously dull moonsilver tattoos shining brighter than before.

Slip, small as can be, discovers a switch meant to activate the wooden plnk on chains. A pressure sensitive portion lies where the bottle started, her curious feet pressing it down lightly it jerks downwards a tad.

GenericMook
2014-09-13, 08:10 PM
Senri eyed Syveris, and raised her eyebrows at the sudden glow of the Lunar's tattoos. Not entirely surprising, really, but still, it meant that they had to watch out.

But then again, there was this whole squabble going on. Senri sighed, and tightened her grip on Marik's forearm. "Marik, it isn't worth our time arguing with her. Let's just solve this whole mess and be on our way. I don't think I can accompany you and Slip in there, so I guess I'll just be waiting out here."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-13, 08:15 PM
Marik nods at the counsel of his mate,"Alright I'll be back as soon as possible." and then looks at the cordial,"well as they say, 'bottoms up.'" and then drinks some of the elixir.

ManOfSand
2014-09-15, 01:39 PM
"YAAAAWWWN, gooooood mornin'! How long was I out?"

Looking around to assess her surroundings Delilah saw Senri speaking with Marik in front of the great tree from her deepest of memories. The sight of the two delighted her, something about their connection gave the young maiden great hope.

"Best of luck to you Marik, just don't make him too angry or anything, a'right?" She sat upon the dirty ground and washed her hands in the soil, "Zalkhuur will not appreciate my presence within his abode, I will accompany Senri and Arana, we shall wait and pray for who passes into the river god's realm so that they might return to us polite and definitely not quarrelsome girls... won't we ladies?"

dancrilis
2014-09-15, 07:26 PM
Arara

Tilting her head over her shoulder she answered "not long, enough for the god to be fed his coffee and want to weaken a tactical advantage by splitting us up - and for the dragon to annoy me unjustly and its allies to rally around it without cause" pausing to consider "other than the bonds of loyalty which I suppose deserves some respect" she made a note to deal with them as one rather than separately if it came to a fight - treating a team as individuals was a mistake she would not fall to.

Snorting at the remainder of the woman's words "hmm ... if the god can make them return as polite and not quarrelsome it would be something of a miracle I will grant - clearly deserving of a higher honour than it currently receives.".

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-17, 07:26 AM
With the same changing of hue the young sorceror transformed as Slip had.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-17, 08:15 PM
As he shrinks down to a small size just as Slips did, Marik gently pokes Senri and whispers,"Senri, mind putting me up on the plate. It seems to be... a bit out of my reach."

souffle_girl
2014-09-19, 06:15 AM
"Well, it looks like I can't follow the two of you. I'll be waiting here, then."

dancrilis
2014-09-19, 07:34 AM
Arana

"Feels like a trap to me", turning to Syveris "assuming that you were here solving this by yourself - how would you get the god to come out and chat?".

GenericMook
2014-09-19, 10:01 PM
Senri nods and picks up Marik, setting him down on the wooden platform as gently as she can.

Once she sets Marik down, she turns to look at Arana. "Instead of dealing with hypotheticals and what-ifs, why don't you go in and help Marik and Slip? Clearly neither Syveris, Delilah or I can enter, and one more person means a lot," says Senri.

And then she crosses her arms. "And if you don't... Well, if Marik or Slip don't come out alive, I will hold you responsible. And let's just say that you don't want that."

Spending a point of Willpower to suppress that Valor I rolled in OOC

Kell_tamer
2014-09-19, 10:10 PM
Slip steps out and balances on the edge of the hole in the tree. "I fink we're tryin to talk wif the god, not fight em. 'Sides, I got Marik's back! No god's gonna mess wif him with ol' Slip 'round!" She really was not keen on the idea of hanging out with Arana. "If yer worried, aint ya able to become a mouse or somefin? bird? anyfing?"

ChaosArchon
2014-09-19, 10:12 PM
Marik nods and thanks Senri for helping him get up on the platform. "If Arana is uncomfortable going down there that is ok, she may remain up here. I don't expect any trouble with the god and if there is any, I have ways of making sure you know and he regrets it." He says it in such a kind voice that it almost sounds wholly peaceful, as if he was discussing weather or a historic event from the First Age, rather than retaliating against a traitorous god.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-20, 10:47 PM
A swift breeze sweeps through the party, chimes sounding around. In the distance heavy grey clouds gather, Delilah blurts out about the savage storms of the frontier during her childhood.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 10:48 PM
Slip getting impatient starts tapping her feet again, doing a bit of an in place jig that marik knows means shes about to enter regardless of who else comes in.

souffle_girl
2014-09-22, 08:02 AM
"We'll wait here and guard your back then. Go ahead, and let's try to find out a reason behind this flood."

dancrilis
2014-09-22, 10:11 AM
Arana

"Because hypothetical what if preparation saves lives in a potential conflict. That the assumption that the god is responsive and hostile - than the potion could expire at his wishes potentially squashing those who took it against the walls: resulting in a painful and messy death" she stated, "this could be done potentially without ever speaking or meeting with the victims eliminating potential risk to ones self - the way a good trap should", she was no expert on gods but she understood tactics well enough, and the scenario she indicated had happened to many overconfident forces in the history of warfare.

To the implied threat "and I suppose that if I accompany them and they die you would consider me wholly blameless" she shrugged, she met the woman's eyes "you are not scared of me" it was a statement "and unlike your two companions that is not unjust confidence - or an inherent assumption of lack of conflict between individuals - on your part but a reasoned estimation of your chances" tilting her head slightly "I would concur with your assessment - your arms and armour are superior to mine and you carry your blade with no small amount of skill, were I to meet you head on I might well lose. Still I believe that the chances are well in my favour - as such while yes I do not want your ire, I am also not going to make special efforts to avoid it either - should you feel the need to test me you are welcome to. If you wish to spar in a pseudo-friendly fashion I can oblige - if you attack me without clear rules laid down I will move to end you - I would assume the reverse is also true".

Returning her attention to Syveris "and ignoring the potential conflict discussion - it is tactically advantageous to have the potential enemy who might have moved to indiscriminately murder a number of people and flood a town out here at an even standing point with us rather than hidden away facing a smaller number in its home location. So again can you please tell me how to make that happen" - she made a note to potentially study some of the workings of gods, it was galling to have to ask for assistance a second time on the same topic.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-22, 11:29 PM
Marik nods when the others assent to the plan for Slips and him to descend to meet the god while the others remained here to guard the entrance. Just before he presses the button on the plate he looks at Senri and softly whispers,"If any trouble breaks out let me know, I couldn't bear the thought of not being able to help you." After he says his piece, he places his foot on the button and the platform beings to descend.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-23, 06:14 PM
Down and down they crawl, surely further than the height of the tree. A warm light flows up from far below, welcoming the two exalted. The platform shrieks to a halt as Marik and Slip get their first look at Zalkhuur's reclusive sanctum. Elegantly carved from root, filled to the brim with plush red pillows, the sweet smell of flower wafting from inner chambers.

Amidst the soft downy hills a golden furred mouse bounds towards its equally small (or large, if you asked some) visitors. Landing in a tumble the creature takes a moment to compose itself, Marik spotting the Sun's mark emblazoned upon its back.

"Welcome heroes new, my isn't our comfortable home busy this blustery day. But enough with introductions and pleasantry" it babbles quickly "Zalkhuur awaits the bearer of the such peaceful and delicious gifts."

Outside the warm comforts of the tree the weather turns worse. Lightning streaks spread across the western dome, flashing light on the darkened land. Curious eyes spot something not quite cloud far to the east back near town. A wide shadowed shape drifts up high, moving against the rest of the sky.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-23, 09:20 PM
Slip a bit giddy at whats going on leaps from her position over to the mouse. "Awww ain't you jes tha most adorable guy!" Realizing shes talking to a magic mouse she composes herself a bit. "An I mean dat as a compliment! Mice're cute!" She offers a hand and realizes its awkward but gives a big ol smile because hey, she's Slip. She's awesome and people like her! "Ah'm Slip, greatest fief in da world an Ezzalt of water! Dis is Marik, Thrice Adamant Marik! 'E's a right fine Solar! What's your name?"

ChaosArchon
2014-09-23, 09:34 PM
As Marik sees the mouse, he freezes for a brief moment,"Slips...," he says in a soft whisper,"That is a mouse of the Unconquered Sun, an emissary of his will..." Marik hadn't received even a hint of approval or even sentiment from the Unconquered Sun since his Exaltation, and now here was one of the most direct links to the Incarnae right in front of him. Marik gives a polite bow to both the mouse and god, and then returns his attention to the god. He quickly recomposes himself and says in a soft, kind voice to the god,"As Slips said, my name is the Thrice Adamant Marik, Twilight of the Sun. How has the day fared for both you Zalkhuur and mouse of the Most High? I hope it has been pleasant, although my friends and I come with ill tidings, as your river seems to be overflowing and have threatened the people of this region."

Cha+Presence: [roll0] 6 sux

stunt: [roll1]

Kell_tamer
2014-09-24, 12:43 PM
"'E kin be an emissary of the Sun an' still be cute Marik. S'not mutually exclusive!" Slip whispers with a cheeky smirk. "Don't be mean!"

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-24, 07:24 PM
The golden mouse beamed at the energy of the young girl. "Marcin, my new friend Slip" he gestured forth a paw. "The six of you are much nicer than the other lot that paid us a visit today". Further conversation was broken by the sight of the immensely tall and lanky diety that rose from his suitably gigantic chair, in a certainly expansive room. Mug in one hand, the god with long brown hair and dressed in heavy wool pajamas peered down at his latest guests.

"Little wakes me twice in a single day" the suprisingly quiet voice chuckles "but a fine drink you have brought me skilled Marik. As for my day, my smaller companion has already alluded to. Pleasant enough, as they should be in front of a god my rank, but thinly veiled intentions guided them to my realm. Soldiers with armor and weapons, they inquired about the raging waters. Their leader questioned where and from the Dragon poured forth."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-25, 12:22 AM
Slip looks to Marik. "Guess it was a good fing we lef the fretten now get to know ya later lady outside den huh?" She looks back to her hosts. "Referrin to the one I shouted down to you earlier, She'd 'ave come in wif a sword drawn an fretten ya instead of diplomatizin."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-25, 09:26 AM
Marik nods in agreement with his friend,"Yes indeed. If I might ask though, great god of the river, what has caused such a flood in your rivers? If anyone would know the catalyst behind such an event, it would be you given your obvious proclivity towards wisdom."

dancrilis
2014-09-25, 10:44 AM
Arana

With the two gone she turned her eyes to the sky - noting the shadow, she focused her eyes on it and tuning out distractions - was it a creature or perhaps smoke from the town. They were too far out to be of assistance, and baring incredible speed it was unlikely to be a bother to them - still she didn't like it.

Perception + Awareness: [roll0]

BrotherLeonidas
2014-09-25, 06:53 PM
"We've had enough blades near trees for one day" agreed the god, "my waters erupted forth from the falls far to the west, essence once dormant appears unchecked" he states as he stares off blankly. Zalkhuur's expression switches from complacency to exhiliration, his hands clench, then breathing a deep sigh he relaxes.

Outside in the elements Arana's inquistive eyes search the eastern sky but find little more than cloud and birds, the shape once spotted appears no more.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-30, 10:20 PM
Slip tilts her head at the god. "Well what do ya fink needs ta be done? " She glances over at Marik as well. He seemed to be smarter about things like this.

dancrilis
2014-10-04, 07:12 AM
Arana

Keeping her eyes on where she thought she had seen the shape for a few seconds she than discounted it, it might have been nothing but a trick of the light.

ChaosArchon
2014-10-04, 06:05 PM
Marik thinks for a moment and then speaks up,"So you're saying that someone else engineered this flood and you were unable to stop it. Curious... any chance you got a feel for what kind of essence it was that caused this? Enlightened, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrials...?"

Not sure if Marik would have any way of knowing bout Infernal, Abyssal, or Sidereal essence so I'll refrain from leaving them in

BrotherLeonidas
2014-10-04, 06:49 PM
"It is the energy of the land curious Solar, it seems to have come unfettered" the giant mumbles as he clenches his mahoghany fleshed fist. "I seem unable to ebb its flow, even awake and alert im afraid" he grows silent as he moves towards the back of the chamber turning his back to the shrunken heroes. "The Terrestrial and his soldiers intend to journey west to the falls". A loud clap of thunder rumbles and shakes even the depths of the great tree.

The Dawn caste has her attention ripped back towards the approaching storm as a thunderbolt spears the parched land nearby. A deafening boom accompanies its arrival as the outsiders peer at the scorched brown earth screened by smoke.

dancrilis
2014-10-11, 09:16 AM
Arana

She cursed lightly under her breath, before beginning to sort her equipment - these items prominently metal were left safely to the side.

Once happy that the javelins, and bow with some blunt arrows would have to be sufficient she choose a careful place for the babe - having taken its berries and water well on the trip without much complaint she was content to care for it for now.

Items and child secure she moved towards where the lightning had struck, had something attracted it to that place over herself and her metal wearing companions.

Kell_tamer
2014-10-11, 09:15 PM
Slip looks up. "Wazzit s'post ta rain today?"

ChaosArchon
2014-10-12, 07:30 AM
"Do you know how we might attempt to ebb the flow ourselves, oh great god of the river? While going to the source of it makes the most sense, if we don't know how to stop it we will accomplish little I'd think by visiting the site." says Marik politely to the god, ignoring the thunderous roar of an angry heavens.

BrotherLeonidas
2014-10-14, 08:36 PM
"I know that before this land was my domain and Lawgivers still ruled the Nemegun ran as far south as modern Thorns. During the Balor Crusade the river was consumedand great work was done in reviving it. A powerful demense had formed where the waterfall now stands, then spirits, not man linked it to the great Yahzee"he finished with disgust.

As Zalkhuur dictates the mouse of golden fur whispers to the curious Slip "it's not suppose to rain the first day of the week, I don't think the sky has come on pleasant terms" glancing up nervously.

Outside the gods sanctum the alert Arana positioned herself closer to the blasted earth. Through smoke came the shapes with no attempt at stealth. Stick figure men made of writhing lightning strided forward with elongated arms and legs. The spirits moved within twenty yards of the Solar as a clap of thunder resounded overhead.

dancrilis
2014-10-17, 12:15 PM
Arana

Great she thought, and when facing spirits it is important to understand what you are up against, as there powers and abilities can be varied she thought back to her lessons, not much help without knowing much about spirits in general.

Facing them her hands ready but weapons not positioned to the enemy yet she choose to speak first - the same courtesy she had offered her fellow anathema "explain yourselves spirits - and I will hear you", she had not learned the old languages chances were they didn't even understand her.

Her eyes focused on there movements and waited on them to commit to hostilities, this seemed to aggressive to end peacefully - trusting to her supernatural reflex to provide the edge to the enemies numbers, she suspected the her companions would not engage, and even if they did she was still unsure which side they would that.

Intelligence+Occult: [roll0]
Stunt if needed: [roll1]
Charisma+Presence: [roll2]
Stunt if needed: [roll3]

In the event of combat:
Flashing Vengeance Draw (3m)
Join Battle: [roll4] +2 Auto from the charm.
Stunt if needed: [roll5]

ChaosArchon
2014-10-17, 12:39 PM
Marik things of the possibilities,"So if this group of Gaia's children came to visit you it would imply that they are not the culprits, unless they meant to silence you. So the most likely culprits are rival spirits? In that case perhaps Slips and I should return to our companions so we can go investigate the site ourselves and see if we can find out anything else."

BrotherLeonidas
2014-10-18, 04:43 PM
"Clearly it is one with great knowledge of essence to cause such a disruption" he remarks snidely. "That journey is far, even with your beast above, but you have more pressing matters on hand. Your friend will have her hands full, the Sky Warriors never travel in peace."

The soldiers inquiry falls on deaf ears. The essence made creatures leap forth, but nothing rises faster than the Sun.

dancrilis
2014-10-18, 06:06 PM
Arana

Seeing them approach she analysed the situation, her reflex combined with her training and powers were more than up for there initial attack, but she didn't want to force the issue yet or burn through her reserves.

She was in the air, javelin was in her hand almost before she recognised she had moved or chosen it - landing directly in front of the first of the creatures her weapon came to it in an arc designed to disrupt its form - bisecting a man with a javelin was difficult but not impossible - and if they had less substance than mortals it might be easier.

And once she had the measure of the first she could plan out her strategy better.

Activating Monkey Leap Technique (3 motes)
Anima at 1 peripheral.
Using the reflexive jump to get into combat range.

Attack: [roll0] (made unexpected due to Flashing Vengeance Draw)
Using Joint Wounding Attack - disrupting the spirits form (2 Motes): Anima at 3 peripheral

Possible Base Damage after Soak(L): [roll2]
Possible Extra Damage from successes Soak: [roll3]