PDA

View Full Version : Oracle Revelations and Max Dex Bonus

Anachronity
2014-07-30, 09:25 PM
I'm making a Charisma-based Halfling Paladin/Oracle for PFS, focusing on Oracle. The idea is to be nearly untouchable with massive saves and good AC, but I'm not necessarily looking for optimization.

I'm taking the Sacred Shield archetype and probably the Dual Cursed archetype. The whole character idea started from the Lucky Halfling feat, so I want to take that as well.

I want to rock out full plate and a shield for thematic purposes (one of my oracle curses is Wasting, and the idea is that the character hides behind a suit of fullplate so that no one can see her face, but blood and viscous body fluids seep out of the joints of her armor) but I am also intensely interested in taking the Nature's Whispers revelation to leverage her high Charisma and shore up her low CMD and touch AC.

my questions are these...

1) What's the easiest PFS-legal way to bump the max Dex bonus of her armor up to 5 (or preferably more) while still taking Nature's Whispers (i.e. metal mystery is a no-go)?

2) I notice that online resources mention that Nature's Whispers boosts CMD, while the book doesn't. Is this an errata?

3) Is the misfortune revelation worth taking? I've heard that it's good, but how would you know when to use it since you don't necessarily know what a monster's rolls are? Without knowing that it seems essentially useless. How might I convince a hesitant GM that misfortune should let me see rolls (or rather not have them hidden from me, since most GMs I've played with roll openly)?

Arbane
2014-07-30, 09:30 PM
3) Is the misfortune revelation worth taking? I've heard that it's good, but how would you know when to use it since you don't necessarily know what a monster's rolls are? Without knowing that it seems essentially useless. How might I convince a hesitant GM that misfortune should let me see rolls (or rather not have them hidden from me, since most GMs I've played with roll openly)?

Despite the name, you can also use Misfortune to allow allies to reroll a BAD roll. So even if you get a Paranoia GM, it might still be useful.

Anachronity
2014-07-30, 10:21 PM
Despite the name, you can also use Misfortune to allow allies to reroll a BAD roll. So even if you get a Paranoia GM, it might still be useful.

Oh... Wow...

why is that so good???

Anachronity
2014-07-31, 08:29 PM
Le Bump

I'm considering just going with a mithril chain shirt and adding some purely aesthetic metal gauntlets, greaves, and a helmet to it.