PDA

View Full Version : DM Help looking for help on building a cancermage//cloistered cleric for a mid level bbeg.

adriana
2014-07-31, 01:38 AM
So the cancer mage has inspired me ever since I read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=8337412&postcount=108)entry. So I decided I want to make a villain that is constantly a thorn in my parties backside; one they repeatedly run into from time to time and someone who stalks in the shadows and remains unseen while infecting them and overwhelming them with undead and diseases and such. I'm looking for a fanatical assassin/manipulator who's dedication to her cult like church is absolute. the cleric side of the gestalt i've got covered but I could use some help on the cancer mage side.

I thought about going rogue 3/cancermage10/??//cloistered cleric20. I'm just not sure what to fit in the remaining levels. Feats should be fine once I get a solid build.
Any advice is welcome. :smallbiggrin:

thedmring
2014-07-31, 01:49 AM
please tell me you're going to invest in festering anger, vile rigidity and scintillating scales. Other wise cancer mage isn't worth anything. At least try to TO something.

adriana
2014-07-31, 01:55 AM
please tell me you're going to invest in festering anger, vile rigidity and scintillating scales. Other wise cancer mage isn't worth anything. At least try to TO something.

I have no intentions on pulling those shenanigans. Besides

At 1st level, a cancer mage suffers no
ill effects of diseases, except for purely cosmetic ones suchas boils, pockmarks, watery eyes, blackened skin, hair loss, foul smell, and so on.The cancer mage becomes a carrier of every disease he encounters, though he remains immune to most of their effects.
This makes for an argument that festering anger wouldn't even work as some people say.

thedmring
2014-07-31, 02:03 AM
I have no intentions on pulling those shenanigans. Besides

This makes for an argument that festering anger wouldn't even work as some people say.

The latter only emphasizes the former on the build. The part where it says immune to most effects only points back to the fact that you're immune to the ill effects from the disease hence festering anger works per raw. This you would know if you actually knew how to optimize instead of always asking for handouts.

Wait weren't you in shadowseve's group? That explains it as he was horrible.

gooddragon1
2014-07-31, 02:20 AM
The latter only emphasizes the former on the build. The part where it says immune to most effects only points back to the fact that you're immune to the ill effects from the disease hence festering anger works per raw. This you would know if you actually knew how to optimize instead of always asking for handouts.

Wait weren't you in shadowseve's group? That explains it as he was horrible.

Rules of Posting. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=59&a=1)

thedmring
2014-07-31, 02:24 AM
Rules of Posting. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=59&a=1)

Meh report me if you want. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Doesn't look like anyone's rushing to help her build the horrible idea of a build either.

P.S you must not know me.
Let me help. I'm rude but right. I don't hold back my opinion nor will I do so to save someone from looking like a fool. I call it as it is.

adriana
2014-07-31, 02:25 AM
:smallsigh: This was definitely not how I was hoping this post would go...:smallannoyed:

Doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Doesn't look like anyone's rushing to help her build the horrible idea of a build either.

Edit

1. I disagree with your assessment of my half finished build or my friend.
2. clerics can get as dark and dirty as you want. There is plenty of synergy with cleric and cancer mage. Concept is solid I just need some help with a few pieces of the puzzle.

thedmring
2014-07-31, 05:22 AM
:smallsigh: This was definitely not how I was hoping this post would go...:smallannoyed:

Edit

1. I disagree with your assessment of my half finished build or my friend.
2. clerics can get as dark and dirty as you want. There is plenty of synergy with cleric and cancer mage. Concept is solid I just need some help with a few pieces of the puzzle.

Doesn't matter if you disagree. I'm right. That's what matters.

eternal
2014-07-31, 05:33 AM
If you're going rogue you might as well add levels of swordsage in with it.
That should give you 7yj ;eve; maneuvers for those time you are in combat.