PDA

View Full Version : cleric prepared spells help

Asteron
2014-07-31, 02:36 PM
We are heading into our final boss fight for the campaign and both myself and the other cleric in our party gated in a Solar and then used greater planar ally to get a Planetar. I have permission to redo their spells because the default one really sucks. I've added a bunch of buff spells to one of the Solars list, but I'm drawing a blank on rounding out their prepared spells, especially the lower level spots. Since this is just for one fight, most of the utility spells a cleric has won't be as useful.

Could you guys help me with buffing their spell lists? I don't have access to the guide on minmax while I'm at work.

Cleric Spells Prepared (6/8/8/8/7/7/7/7/6/6)
0—create water, detect magic, guidance (2), resistance (2); 1st—command, divine favor* (2), resurgence(2), ebon eyes*; 2nd—bear’s endurance* , blindness/deafness (2), bull’s strength*, close wounds (2), owl’s wisdom*, fuse arms* ; 3rd— haste, invisibility purge, know vulnerabilites, mass conviction, wind wall, girallon's blessing*; 4th— dismissal, freedom of movement, greater blindsight*, moon bolt (2), mass shield of faith*, sound lance; 5th—break enchantment, dispel evil, plane shift, righteous might* (2), symbol of sleep; 6th—banishment, superior resistance*, word of recall; 7th—, destruction, ethereal jaunt, greater bestow curse (2)holy star, holy word, 8th—antimagic field, fire storm, holy aura; mass death ward*, ; 9th—implosion, mass heal (2), miracle, energy drain (2).

Domain spells:

Cleric Spells Prepared (6/7/7/7/7/6/6/5/4/2; save DC 22 + spell level)
0—create water, detect magic, guidance, resistance (2), virtue; 1st— resurgence(2), divine favor, ebon eyes*; 2nd—bear’s endurance*, bull’s strength*, owls wisdom*, fuse arms*; 3rd—haste, know vulnerabilities, daylight, girallon’s blessing* , wind wall; 4th— dismissal, freedom of movement, greater blindsight*, moon bolt (2); 5th— break enchantment, dispel evil, plane shift, righteous might*; 6th—banishment, greater dispel magic, harm, heal; 7th— dictum, holy word holy star; 8th—holy aura, shield of law; 9th—implosion, energy drain

Domain spells:

A * just indicates spell buffs that will have been cast pre-fight.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 02:42 PM
Sadly my two favorite Cleric blasting spells for low levels just aren't going to be used by a Solar.
Darkbolt from BoVD (though another spell of the same name has been printed in SC, so that one might not fly anyway) and Lahm's Finger Darts from the same book. They're Evil and Corrupt spells respectively, so probably not things a Solar will use.

Flame Strike (PHB) is a pretty decent Cleric blasting spell, although it's fire, so it's often resisted.

Holy Star (SC) is a great way to eek out a little extra damage per round while you're blasting.

Asteron
2014-07-31, 02:50 PM
Sadly my two favorite Cleric blasting spells for low levels just aren't going to be used by a Solar.
Darkbolt from BoVD (though another spell of the same name has been printed in SC, so that one might not fly anyway) and Lahm's Finger Darts from the same book. They're Evil and Corrupt spells respectively, so probably not things a Solar will use.

Flame Strike (PHB) is a pretty decent Cleric blasting spell, although it's fire, so it's often resisted.

Holy Star (SC) is a great way to eek out a little extra damage per round while you're blasting.

Yeah, evils spells are out. I had holy star on the solar list, but not the planetar. That has been fixed. I've been thinking about flame strike... I don't think there will be a whole lot of resistances on them.

There will be at least one high level Shade there. Are there any high level light spells that can help keep the lights on?