View Full Version : Transform and roll out! [Monster]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-03, 07:23 PM
Optimus Prime
http://cn.autoblog.com/images/2006/09/transform.jpg

Gargantuan Construct (shapechanger)
HD: 25d10+85 (222 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) or drive 200 ft. (40 squares)
Armor Class: 46 (-4 size, +40 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+50
Attack: Energy axe +42 melee (4d6+27/x3) or Blaster Rifle +19 ranged touch (8d6+4 fire/x2)
Full Attack: Energy Axe +42/+37/+32/+27 melee (4d6+27/x3) or Blaster Rifle +19/+14/+9/+4 ranged touch (8d6+4 fire/x2)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft, DR 20/adamantine, headlights, inspire courage +4, low-light vision, resistance to fire 20, electricity 20, transformer
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14
Abilities: Str 50, Dex 10, Con --, Int 26, Wis 16, Cha 30
Skills: Appraise +8 (+10 armors), Craft (armorsmithing) +28, Climb +43, Diplomacy +40, Disable Device +23, Disguise +25*, Heal +13, Jump +44, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +28, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Intimidate +35, Listen +18, Search +23 (+25 secret doors), Sense Motive +31, Spot +18, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes), Swim +35
Feats: Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Toughness, Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Weapon focus (blaster rifle), Weapon focus (energy axe)
Environment: Cybertron (or Mechanus...)
Organization: Solitary or with other Autobots
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: Standard, no coins
Alignment: Lawful good
Advancement: --
Level Adjustment: --

From the distance a massive self-propelled vehicle suddenly is right in front of you, and in the blink of an eye transforms into a giant creature.

This massive creature in red and blue plating seems to carry cold, but noble bearing. His silvery blue eyes gleam from beneath his deep blue visor and his red and blue body gleams in even the dullest lights. In his hand he carries a strange device that looks like a mechanical crossbow without the bow. From his other hand suddenly erupts an axe of pure energy. Justice gleams in his glowing eyes.

Optimus Prime is the noble leader of the Autobots, the good robots of cybertron and hero of humanity against the evil forces of the Decepticons. He is always out to do what is right and would willingly give his own life to save anyone elses.

Optimus speaks all languages thanks to a universal translator. He is 25 feet tall in normal form and weighs aproximately 60 tons.

COMBAT
Optimus relies on his pure resiliency and physical power in combat, aswell as his powerful blaster rifle. He will also do his best to defend his allies and defeat his foes, but preferes to keep them alive rather than killing them. If allied with smaller, weaker, humanoid allies he'll often attempt to flee with them in his cab.

Blaster Rifle (Ex): Optimus prime carries an exotic weapon called a Blaster Rifle. It fires a beam as an attack action that counts as a ranged touch attack that deals 8d6 fire damage. Optimus Prime is automatically proficient with this weapon.

Construct Traits: As in the Monster Manual.

Energy Axe (Ex): Optimus Prime has a special built-in weapon known as an energy axe. It counts as a +3 Brilliant energy battleaxe appropriate for his size. Unlike other brilliant energy weapons this damages constructs as normal.

Headlights (Ex): While in vehicle mode (see below) Optimus prime can activate two devices that provide light. It is considered a 30 foot cone that provides bright light and dim light for another 30 feet in the same cone. These lights may be activated or deavtivated as a free action.

Inspire Courage (Su): Optimus Prime can project his comptetence in battle onto his allies (and himself), bolstering them against fear and improving thier combat abilities. To be affected the allies of Optimus must be able to hear his voice and unsterstand him. The effect lasts for as long as his allies hear him and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally recieves a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +4 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. The effect of this has already been implemented into his stat block and is always active.

Trample (Ex): While in vehicle mode, Optimus may make a special trample attack. While going full speed and making a charge, he rams right into his foes. He deals 15d8+20 points of bludgeoning damage and the target and Optimus must make opposing strength checks. Failure indicates the foe is thrown 30 feet, taking appropriate falling damage, falling prone and Optimus takes the foes squares. Succuss means the foe stays on his feet and Optimus stays in the squares in front of the foe.

Transformer (Ex): Optimus Prime, like many residents of cybertron, has the ability to transform into a huge mechanical vehicle. When in vehicle mode Optimus has no reach, arms, legs (meaning no access to his weapons)but is able to move at greater speeds, make tramples and may transport smaller creatures. He can carry 4 medium creatures or 2 large creatures in his cab and 12 medium creatures, 6 large creatures or 1 huge creatures in his trailer. This ability is usable as a move action at will. While in vehicle mode Optimus Prime has a +10 to disguise checks while trying to disguise himself as a truck.

Roderick_BR
2007-03-03, 07:45 PM
Hehe. Prime rules!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-03, 09:06 PM
Hehe. Prime rules!
Yes he does. :smallbiggrin:

roadkiller
2007-03-03, 11:19 PM
Good god! That's amazing. The amount of time wasted into creating this for us all must have been amazing huge. Wait! I just realized that, if we all spent as much time working towards it as we did creating homebrew, we could fix all the world's problems in about three weeks. Of course this is far more immediately entertaining.

So, you should do him in all of his incarnations throughout the different seasons (I don't really know what else to call them). Sadly, over time he's drifted from hardcore wartime leader to less hardcore leader of a group of friends.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 12:48 AM
Good god! That's amazing. The amount of time wasted into creating this for us all must have been amazing huge. Wait! I just realized that, if we all spent as much time working towards it as we did creating homebrew, we could fix all the world's problems in about three weeks. Of course this is far more immediately entertaining.

So, you should do him in all of his incarnations throughout the different seasons (I don't really know what else to call them). Sadly, over time he's drifted from hardcore wartime leader to less hardcore leader of a group of friends.

This actually took me all of 45 minutes to make, the rest of the day I spend trying to cure cancer...or just drawing, whichever. And that's not a bad idea for the different incarnations, I was thinking about maybe an oldworld version, like a construct with a sword that upholds justice with all the same qualities as good ol' Prime. Maybe even Optimus Primal from Beast Wars would be a worthwhile endevor.
But tomarrow I believe I'll work on a Megatron.

Delcan
2007-03-04, 01:35 PM
YES. You, sir, are made of win.

Szatany
2007-03-04, 02:21 PM
Prime looks great. Dare to describe roller and his trailer/battle station as well?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 02:47 PM
YES. You, sir, are made of win.
Sigged.:smallbiggrin:

Prime looks great. Dare to describe roller and his trailer/battle station as well?
Man, I really wish I could. I know a bit about Prime but I'm afraid I don't know much about his trailer/battle station so I winged it and just made it a normal trailer.

Szatany
2007-03-04, 03:11 PM
I can help with that.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Szatany/KopiaOptimusPrime2.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 03:17 PM
I can help with that.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Szatany/KopiaOptimusPrime2.jpg
To the lab! AWAAAY!!

Szatany
2007-03-04, 03:39 PM
Oh, and btw, I'm pretty sure prime's about 40 ft. tall, wouldn't that make him gargantuan?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 03:52 PM
Oh, and btw, I'm pretty sure prime's about 40 ft. tall, wouldn't that make him gargantuan?
Oh, I didn't know that...I might make that change.

kellandros
2007-03-04, 04:02 PM
So, does that make Beast Wars era transformers Warforged wildshapers?

Roderick_BR
2007-03-04, 04:56 PM
I forgot to ask earlier: You used only the core books and homebrew rules, or you used something from D20 modern books? I bet we could Megatron and a good deal of transformers that way. We had a magazine here that did it once, but they used a Gurps-like rules system that made it a lot easier.

Szatany
2007-03-04, 04:58 PM
Megatron might be cool, but try to stat Sixshot, now that's a challenge.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 09:55 PM
I have an inquirey...which Megatron should I use? Gun? Tank? or the fancy schmancy new alien jet that he'll show up as in July.

Szatany
2007-03-05, 01:25 AM
Gun please :)

Demented
2007-03-05, 01:33 AM
Gun. Go with Gun.

starwoof
2007-03-05, 01:36 AM
The gun is so lame though...

Szatany
2007-03-05, 02:42 AM
The gun is so lame though...
No more than the rest of the franchice. Roll with it.

Logic
2007-03-05, 05:41 AM
Speed should be 50 ft. That is closer to the base speed of a humanoid shaped Huge creature. Other than that, Awesomesauce.

knightsaline
2007-03-05, 11:56 PM
"While in vehicle mode Optimus Prime has a +10 to disguise checks while trying to disguise himself as a truck."

When exactly would this ever come into play? last time I checked, there were no trucks in D&D. If it was Midnight Express in ebberon, the disguise bonus would work

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-06, 12:04 AM
"While in vehicle mode Optimus Prime has a +10 to disguise checks while trying to disguise himself as a truck."

When exactly would this ever come into play? last time I checked, there were no trucks in D&D. If it was Midnight Express in ebberon, the disguise bonus would work
That was just sort of a joke. Sorry if it wasn't obviously so.

Logic
2007-03-06, 01:24 AM

Well, he still gets the disguse bonus to disguise himself as a truck, for anyone that knows what a truck is. Everyone else is not going to have any idea what he is supposed to be, other than maybe a magical vehicle.

kellandros
2007-03-06, 05:40 PM
Besides, Optimus could be used in d20 modern. Then should have no complaints about people seeing what trucks are.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 07:41 PM
I decided to alter him to gargantuan size. Hooray.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-13, 09:01 PM
Shouldn't it be Energy Sword, instead of Energy Axe?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 09:45 PM
Shouldn't it be Energy Sword, instead of Energy Axe?

It was originally an energy axe, but I'm conflicted whether or not I should change it for the newer movie version.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-14, 12:34 AM
Oh, so that's why you went with Axe. I did not know that he had an axe. Well, why not let him switch them out? Or better yet, dual-wield them!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Elaboration.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-14, 10:22 AM
I just realized something.. Other than his blaster-rifle, Optimus is mechanically weaker than Megatron. Brilliant energy is useless on constructs.

DracoDei
2007-07-14, 10:50 AM
As an individual? Yeah.
But that Inspire Courage for +4/+4 is nothing to sneeze at in large engagements I should think.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-14, 10:55 AM
Thats why I specified mechanically weaker.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-14, 01:21 PM
I'm wondering something, though. As a construct, he gets no Constitution bonus, as you've noted. So where do those bonus hit points come from? Megatron also has this issue.

Diggorian
2007-07-14, 01:28 PM
I just realized something.. Other than his blaster-rifle, Optimus is mechanically weaker than Megatron. Brilliant energy is useless on constructs.

From the new movie, his arm sword looks to be flaming or atleast very hot to the point of glowing. Good to cut through Bonecrusher's arm ... and face :smallamused:

I made stats for an old school Jazz (you know, the one that wasnt a racial stereotype) using D20 Future. I was for a Wizard's contest.

Jazz

http://www.geocities.com/thelorddiggus/jazzbot.JPG

Male Huge Biodroid/Autobot Fast 2/Smart 2/Soldier 6
AL Good, Friends, Autobots
Military Occupation: Demolitions, Knowledge (Tactics)
Init. +7 Senses Darkvision 120ft. Listen +9, Spot +7
Languages Cybertronese, English, French

AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 21
(+8 class, +1 Dex, +5 equipment, -2 size)
HP 140 (50+7d10+2d8+2d6+6d10HD)
Fort --, Reflex +6, Will +5
Action Pts. 11

Speed 50ft (8 sqrs.)
Melee unarmed +13/+8 (1d6+9)
Ranged Photon carbine* +10/+5 (6d12+2 energy, 150ft, crit 19-20)
Space 15ft.; Reach 15ft.
Base Atk +6/+1; Grapple +23/+18
Atk Options Sensory Assault array, Tactical Aid (+1 atk allies, cost 1AP, 3 rounds)

Abilities Str 29 Dex 12 Con -- Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 14
SQ The Spark, More Than Meets the Eye, Weapon Focus photon carbine, Weapon spec. photon carbine, Improved Critical photon carbine
Feats Alertness, Cautious, Improved Initiative, Brawl, Simple Weapons, Stealthy, Personal Firearms, Advanced Firearms, Burst Fire, Far Shot.
Skills Computer Use +7, Demolitions +11, Disable Device +12, Drive +9, Hide +1, Investigate +6, Jump +17, Knowledge Pop Culture +6, Knowledge Tactics +9, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Perform Break Dance +4, Pilot +5, Repair +6, Search +9, Spot +7, Tumble +3

*Photon Carbine (PL7)
Cybertronese design energy weapon using laser distillation technology to produce a highly coherent beam dealing 6d12 energy damage. The weapon was custom-designed for Jazz at his creation. The Autobot's own internal power supply powers the gun and it's targeting sensors patch directly into his pertual circuits, grant a +2 to attacks.
Activation: Attack action
Range Increment 100ft
Target: single with in 1000ft
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Purchase DC: 26
Restriction: Military (+3)

*More Than Meets the Eye
As part of a move action, Jazz can transform into a 1983 Porsche 935. In this mode, the Autobot can literally drive himself and communicate through it's speakers while maintaining a more low-key demeanor amongst Earth natives. From a distance, Jazz is indistinguishable from another Porsche of this model -- aside from his "Groov'in" vanity plate. A Craft Mechanical or Knowledge Technology check DC 15 reveals from the interior that this isnt a normal vehicle. If one looks under the hood however, the advanced technology instantly let's one know this car has more than meets the eye.

Martini-sponsored Porsche 935
Crew 1; Passengers 2; Cargo 60 lbs
Init -2; Man. +2; Top Speed 340 (34)
Defense 9* Hardness 5* Hitpoints (see Autobot mode)
Size Large
(*Armor converted into DR for vehicle mode)

*The Spark
Encompassing both the soul and essence of a Transformer, the Spark is that which makes a highly sophisticated robot an actual sentient being. The quasi-mystical nature of this programming is so fundamental other sentient beings can sense it, granting Transformers magnetism beyond that of comparable robots. The origin of this power comes from the mega-computer Vector Sigma, found in the depths of the planet Cybertron. A special key is used to complete it's main power circuits, enabling it to experience and impart sentience to new generations of Transformers. In the absence of this artifact, first generation Transformers may interface their personal power supplies to activate Vector Sigma again, this act sacrifices their ancient lives to give life to new Transformers.

Reception of the Spark automatically grants the Transformer the feats Memory Implant (general knowledge and starting occupation) and Rogue Robot (FT.85) and allows the new being to generate ability stats as any other character. The physical abilites given by the biodroid frame have 10 (if even) or 11 (if odd) subtracted from them to derive the ability modifiers of that particular size, although Int, Wis, and Cha are generated normally.

*Sensory Assault Array (PL6)
180db speakers and full-spectrum beacon headlights can broadcast loud music/noise as well as project randomized light patterns which serve to overload the senses of those nearby. The effect is an 80ft. cone which requires those within to make a DC 17 Will save (Charisma based). Those that make the save are Dazed for one round. On a failed save, the targets are Stunned for 1d4+1 rounds. Those subjected to this array may not be effected by it for another 24 hours.
Activation: Attack action
Range Increment: emanates from Jazz
Area: 80ft. cone
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will partial (see above)
Purchase DC: 24
Restriction: Military (+3)

Self-possessed, calm, and utterly collected, Jazz is Head of Special Operations, with his own dedicated roster of agents. Yet he often gives the most dangerous assignments to himself. It's not a matter of ego--he just really is the coolest head for the toughest missions. Jazz's ease extends to whatever environment he finds himself in, no matter how weird or wonderful. He effortlessly tunes in to the local culture, assimilating and improvising, and making creative command decisions, making him an indispensable right-hand man to Optimus Prime.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-14, 02:50 PM

Energy Axe (Ex): Optimus Prime has a special built-in weapon known as an energy axe. It counts as a +3 Brilliant energy battleaxe appropriate for his size. Unlike other brilliant energy weapons this damages constructs as normal. Emphasis mine.

I'm wondering something, though. As a construct, he gets no Constitution bonus, as you've noted. So where do those bonus hit points come from? Megatron also has this issue.

Answered in Megatron's entry.