PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Inverted Cube build (Ebuc)

paperarmor
2014-07-31, 07:18 PM
So, the Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist thread got me looking at the old Cube build. It seems awesome, keeps everything out and is very good at its job. Let's try the opposite, a mobile dungeon that snaps up enemies. I've narrowed it down to three possibilities 1. A prison style fortress with 5ft square cells. 2. A large Menagerie that contains a number of monsters controlled by Charm Monster traps enemies are zapped inside and eaten. 3. A Large Dungeon that you a Dungeon Lord command and control kind of like the Marvel Villian Arcade.

Of the three which do you guys think is the most doable/least terrible option?

Also What classes would make the concept work better? Thanks in advance.

Vaz
2014-07-31, 08:24 PM
So, your basic dungeon, then?

paperarmor
2014-07-31, 08:53 PM
So, your basic dungeon, then?

Slightly differnt in two respects one being the fact that it's PC controlled and two it uses traps of teleport to zap people/monsters inside of it rather than wait on them to enter voluntarily. But basically, yeah. I just need to decide on a concept for it that works I more or less know what character build I need to go with to make it work but any advice is appreciated.

9mm
2014-07-31, 09:33 PM
why bother with traps of teleport?

RING GATES.

A big part of the cube was that teleport didn't work to get inside. As far as I remember a pre-installed ring gate is pretty much the only way to get inside the flying deathfortress once built.

Side note, the whole reason the cube got built was because the guy was to lazy to make a character, but Doc Roc wouldn't stop bothing him, so he came up with a classless build.

paperarmor
2014-08-01, 09:09 AM
why bother with traps of teleport?

RING GATES.

A big part of the cube was that teleport didn't work to get inside. As far as I remember a pre-installed ring gate is pretty much the only way to get inside the flying deathfortress once built.

Side note, the whole reason the cube got built was because the guy was to lazy to make a character, but Doc Roc wouldn't stop bothing him, so he came up with a classless build.

Well I was going to try and rig it so that they can't get out but invisible hidden ring gates might actually work better than the iniatial teleport traps for that. and the point is to keep things inside the ebuc not out. Anymore ideas?