PDA

View Full Version : What group would you like to see in action?

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-07-31, 11:43 PM
Personally I would really love to see a group containing...

Half-Orc or Drow Bard
Dwarven Warlock (conlock?)
Tiefling Paladin
Gnome Barbarian

They would pump so much charisma even Bill Clinton would be jealous.

What would you like your first party to consist of?

Tholomyes
2014-08-01, 12:10 AM
I don't know about first party, but a couple character concepts I'd like to see/play are:

Oath of the Ancients Paladin, as a sort of Fey Knight, with heavy influence from the Mythological Fey
Cleric of Trickery, with some levels in the Way of the Shadows monk, and maybe dipping Rogue for Expertise, if it's not granted by Trickery Cleric.
Spymaster Urban Druid, who utilizes wildshape as a means of Bugging (sometimes literally) spy targets

And as always, I tend to try to build a few of my mainstay characters, as thought experiments:

Pacifist (to some degree or another) Conjuration Wizard, who's dayjob is being an architect.
Ideal-empowered Cleric of Freedom, who is a bit of a rabble-rouser
Brawler/Grappler Fighter with some other stuff (not a very difficult concept to make, but it's based off a favored character of mine, so getting the feel right will be the key)
Warlord-esque character, either as a Battlemaster Fighter or refluffed Bard or Paladin (again, not very difficult concept, but it again is about getting the feel right, as well as testing if the battlemaster fighter is good enough to approximate the warlord, or if the Bard and Paladin spells can be reflavored effectively enough, to be mundane)
Innkeeper who uses low-level bardic skills and magic to cheat customers (Prestidigitation works wonders to make rat stew taste like beef).

Sartharina
2014-08-01, 12:38 AM
Dwarf Fighter
Dwarf Wizard
Dwarf Cleric
Dwarf Bard (Because Rogues can't Sneak Attack with Axes)

Best party ever. Best of all, they all look alike! Heavy armor and Waraxes!

Lord Raziere
2014-08-01, 01:01 AM
Half-Orc Animal Totem Barbarian
Halfling Beast Master Ranger
Human Dragon Sorcerer
Elf Circle of the Moon Druid
Dwarf College of Valor Bard

Why? because they'd all have a Norse/Skyrim flavor to them and it would be all about being adventurers drawing upon primal forces of nature in the North, and fighting things with FURY and VALOR, leaving things like "Fighters, Rogues, Wizards, Clerics" and such to those soft Southerners, with the Bard being a Dovaahkin. Complete with awesome ballads and chanting music about sagas of brave warriors.

but as for individual characters:
I'll guess I could try to build my storm magic martial artist character with the elemental monk stuff.

I would love to make a Rogue using that magic subclass option.

BWR
2014-08-01, 01:50 AM
Dwarf Fighter
Dwarf Wizard
Dwarf Cleric

We have this (basically) in one campaign.

Chaosvii7
2014-08-01, 02:28 AM
Tank Bard
Buff Bard
Debuff Bard
Support Bard

Also known as a barbershop quartet.

T.G. Oskar
2014-08-01, 03:23 AM
Hill Dwarf Devotion Paladin. Strength, Constitution and Charisma, a badass Dwarven Waraxe (which is just hte Battleaxe, really, but hey...), the biggest Tower Shield (here's hoping the PHB reclaims this) it can carry, and the best possible armor. Protection Fighting Style, and two feats that work to provide maximum protection. In essence, a relatively agile, nigh unkillable tank, with equal parts Dwarfiness and Holiness.
Kender College of Wit Bard. This is almost fully playtest-wise, but the College of Wit was an awesome college that had all the stuff like Fascination and "Inspire Dread". I still get irked at seeing Bards get 9th level spells and Rogue Expertise together; if I'm gonna get a broken class, might as well balance it with what most people say is the most obnoxious race ever. I've seen it done right, though. Confusion, fear and fascination combined in one neat package, topped off with the Kender's famous taunt. If the College of Wit reappears in the DMG or a subsequent supplement, and if both the college and the Kender appear as per the playtest, it'll be a fun thing to see.
Lightfoot Halfling Arcane Trickster Rogue. Feels like overlap, right? Well, the Arcane Trickster is less caster, more skillmonkey, and between the Bard and the Rogue you cover nearly ALL aspects. Both will have a strong array of illusions and enchantments, but while the Bard will be the group's face, the Rogue will be the one dealing with exploration and stealth. Consider the Rogue and the Bard to be almost brotherly, what with the Kender being innately friendly and the Halfling being just as short, just as friendly, but a bit more mature.
Warforged Battlemaster Fighter. No-nonsense kind of guy, focused on going Greatsword and Maul with Great Weapon Training and Great Weapon Master. Clearly the only "mundane" character in the group, but second to none in combat skill. Probably with 2 more feats emphasizing its tactical prowess.
Tiefling Fiendish Pact Warlock. You can see it a mile away. Potentially trigger-happy, anti-heroic, and tries to convince itself that none of the group are its friends, not by a longshot. The Kender, though, is probably why the Tiefling stays.

The Hill Dwarf is good enough, but at the moment the Aasimar (or equivalent, but not Dragonborn) appears, expect the Dwarf to transform into one. Though it'd be fun to have a second Paladin; an Aasimar Vengeance Paladin (bit more offensive).

Ranting Fool
2014-08-01, 05:46 AM
Tank Bard
Buff Bard
Debuff Bard
Support Bard

Well done Sir :smallbiggrin:

ImperiousLeader
2014-08-01, 07:29 AM
Pure Arcane Party:

Eldritch Knight
Arcane Trickster
Bard
Warlock
Wizard

The "Charisma ain't no dumpstat" party:

Paladin
Bard
Sorcerer
Warlock
Assassin Rogue

Callin
2014-08-01, 07:37 AM
We all know we are getting-

Human Champion Fighter (great weapon)
Dwarf Champion Fighter (Defense)
Halfling Thief Rogue
Elf Evocation Wizard
Human Life Cleric

Along with the splats of-

Tiefling Fiend Warlock
Gnome College of Lore Bard
Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer
Elf Land (Forest) Druid
Human Open Hand Monk
Half Orc Beserker Barbarian
Human Devotion Paladin
Half Elf Hunter Ranger

As for what I would like to see.

Dragonborn Totem Barbarian
Half Orc Valor Bard
Half Elf War Cleric
Elf Moon Druid
Elf Eldritch Knight Fighter
Human Shadown Monk
Tiefling Vengeance Paladin
Gnome Beast Master Ranger
Halfling Arcane Trickster Rogue
Human Wild Sorcerer
Dragonborn Old One Warlock
Gnome Illusionist Wizard

Beleriphon
2014-08-01, 01:56 PM
Dwarf Fighter
Dwarf Wizard
Dwarf Cleric

This isn't Dwarf Fortress. :smallwink:

Sartharina
2014-08-01, 02:02 PM
This isn't Dwarf Fortress. :smallwink:True. But until they get a catgirl race, I'm sticking with Dwarves.

Then it would be a "No Armor Catgirl" party:
Catgirl Rogue
Catgirl Barbarian
Catgirl Sorcerer
Catgirl Bard.

hawklost
2014-08-01, 02:08 PM
Tank Bard
Buff Bard
Debuff Bard
Support Bard

This sir, is my favorite response of all. If I could upvote your or something I would.

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-08-01, 02:36 PM
Tank Bard
Buff Bard
Debuff Bard
Support Bard

I want to throw in a Striker Bard and then multiclass each of these with Barbarian.

Their names would be:

William Murderface, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Nathan Explosion, Pickles, and Toki Wartooth.

Alter egos of your Barbershop quartet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/Dethklokband.PNG