PDA

View Full Version : "Best" Unusual, Playable Races

Pinkcrusade
2014-08-01, 01:30 AM
Hello, Playground. I have been looking through some books, and I decided I want to make a collection of some interesting/atypical races that can be used by PCs (possessing RHD and LA), but are not absolutely crippling with their LA (A 12th level Troll with only 6 or 7 HD won't be nearly the power level of others).

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

gooddragon1
2014-08-01, 01:32 AM
Hello, Playground. I have been looking through some books, and I decided I want to make a collection of some interesting/atypical races that can be used by PCs (possessing RHD and LA), but are not absolutely crippling with their LA (A 12th level Troll with only 6 or 7 HD won't be nearly the power level of others).

Thanks

Not sure if unusual but thri-kreen (+1 level adjustment ones) are not bad.

troqdor1316
2014-08-01, 01:33 AM
I love the Mechanatrix. They're planetouched cyborgs descended from the Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus. LA0 or 1, don't remember which, and not only are they dripping with flavor, they get shocking grasp as an SLA and they heal from electricity damage. So take Improved Familiar and that Dragon Magazine feat (I think it was just called Extra Familiar,) get two shocker lizard pets, and have not only infinite out of combat healing, but two awesome shocker lizard pets that you can name Blinky and Winky and have lots of happy adventure time with.

*Bolded for badassery*

Hazrond
2014-08-01, 01:33 AM

Thanks

Junior Myconid Worker from MM2, Tibbit from DragComp, Dvati from DragComp, Goliath from RoS, Changeling from RoE, need i continue? :smallbiggrin:

Sian
2014-08-01, 01:55 AM
Incarnate (Savage Species Template) Maug (Fiend Folio) 2 RHD (Giant, although with outsider skillpoints), 1 LA,