PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Would you allow this?

Svata
2014-08-01, 10:37 AM
There are a few feats (such as Savvy Rogue) that require levels in Rogue, would you allow these, or rogue ACFs to be used by a Psychic Rogue? Also, would it be within RAW to do so?

Psyren
2014-08-01, 10:42 AM
Strict RAW no, but would I allow it, hell yes. I've even had Changeling Psychic Rogues take the social ACF for more "secret agent" urban campaigns. (It works particularly well in Sarlona, where psionicists disloyal to the Inspired need to keep a very low profile.)

Xuldarinar
2014-08-01, 10:49 AM
While the RAW answer is no, I would generally say yes given that it is directly stated to be a psychic variant of the rogue class. This, however, should be viewed on a case by case basis since some abilities between the rogue class and the psychic rogue class may be altered or removed.

ComaVision
2014-08-01, 11:02 AM
I personally wouldn't but I adhere very strictly to RAW. I think it's a fairly reasonable allowance.

Zanos
2014-08-01, 12:45 PM
It's not RAW, but yeah I would. Psychic Rogue might be better than straight rogue, but I think it still needs some extra help and if people want to tweak with rogue exclusive goodies that's fine.

mr_odd
2014-08-01, 01:03 PM
If it's fun and doesn't overpower that player compared to the rest of the party, go for it.

SowZ
2014-08-01, 01:04 PM
I'd allow it, but ask the player why they are taking Savvy Rogue.

Svata
2014-08-01, 01:51 PM
I'd allow it, but ask the player why they are taking Savvy Rogue.

It was just an example, because I'm AFB, and couldn't remember anything else.

heavyfuel
2014-08-01, 04:59 PM
It was just an example, because I'm AFB, and couldn't remember anything else.

Since its just an example i can't give a definitive answer.

Psychic Rogue getting access to Savvy Rogue would be fine in my book, but a Mystic Ranger getting access to Sword of the Arcane Order would be to much for my tastes.

So really, I don't think anyone will be able to give you an answer that fits 100% of the possibilities.

Aegis013
2014-08-01, 05:01 PM
I'd allow it.

Svata
2014-08-01, 07:36 PM
Since its just an example i can't give a definitive answer.

Psychic Rogue getting access to Savvy Rogue would be fine in my book, but a Mystic Ranger getting access to Sword of the Arcane Order would be to much for my tastes.

So really, I don't think anyone will be able to give you an answer that fits 100% of the possibilities.

It was for a PsyRogue, the Savvy Rogue bit was the partthat was an example.

Chronos
2014-08-01, 08:33 PM
I would allow Savvy Rogue for any class that had abilities of those names to modify (Skill Mastery, Improved Evasion, etc.). In other words, for anyone who would gain any benefit from the feat. I would not, however, let it improve abilities which are similar but not the same (e.g., psychic rogues gain the ability to do Cha damage on a Sneak Attack instead of Str damage, and that wouldn't benefit from Savvy Rogue).