PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder bardic masterpiece

khachaturian
2014-08-01, 03:43 PM
does a bardic masterpiece count as bardic performance for the purpose of not being able to have two performances up at the same time? and if so, what are the best ways of getting around this. off the top of my head, i'm thinking lingering song, exquisite accompaniment, and shadow bard

jaydubs
2014-08-01, 05:03 PM
Can a bardic masterpiece be used while maintaining a bardic performance such as inspire courage? Masterpieces obviously consume rounds of performance but its not clear to me if they actually count as bardic performances.

Yes.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=175?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here

Link seems to be wonky sometimes. In any case, the relevant post is on page 175. June 29, 2011.

deuxhero
2014-08-01, 05:15 PM
Not sure I like that ruling.

I can't think of a single one I ever wanted to use in combat anyways, but it certainly gets weird with some feats that interact with performance and masterpieces that last beyond your performance (Pageant of the Peacock).

jaydubs
2014-08-01, 05:52 PM
Sorry, what part of it gets weird? Seems like it just says that masterpieces don't interfere with bardic performances. Does that do something I'm not seeing?

As for in combat, Dance of 23 steps is nice if you're an archer.

deuxhero
2014-08-02, 07:27 PM
Didn't read that carefully enough and I thought he said yes to "if they actually count as bardic performances", but on a re-read it looks like yes to the first part.