PDA

View Full Version : Name of the Next Adventure

Envyus
2014-08-01, 04:14 PM
It appears the next Adventure from Wizards has been named D&D: Princes of the Apocalypse.

I am guessing it features Demon Princes as they fit that title the best.

hawklost
2014-08-01, 04:17 PM
Why is it that the first book has a Queen but us guys only get to be Prince? And why is it we seem to cause an apocalypse when the previous book implies the queen has a massive treasure room?

Are they implying guys are lower than women and they cause bad **** all the time?

I find this total unfair!

::End Sarcasm::

rlc
2014-08-01, 04:46 PM
i don't care how sarcastic you're being, don't give the feminists any ammo.

Callin
2014-08-01, 04:53 PM
I guess Princes of the Universe was taken........

Lokiare
2014-08-01, 05:00 PM
Why is it that the first book has a Queen but us guys only get to be Prince? And why is it we seem to cause an apocalypse when the previous book implies the queen has a massive treasure room?

Are they implying guys are lower than women and they cause bad **** all the time?

Actually, there is a trend to marginalize men. You can see it in every commercial where men or boys are depicted as less intelligent and less disciplined than their female counterparts. Its in nearly every tv show and advertisement. The feminist movement has lobbies that pay companies and directors to depict women as always superior. Of course this sends out the message to women that they are automatically better than men by default, regardless of individual intelligence or achievement. Personally I feel this is wrong. Its just flipping the coin of sexism to its other side instead of getting rid of the coin altogether and evaluation people on their individual merits.

Envyus
2014-08-01, 05:27 PM

Actually, there is a trend to marginalize men. You can see it in every commercial where men or boys are depicted as less intelligent and less disciplined than their female counterparts. Its in nearly every tv show and advertisement. The feminist movement has lobbies that pay companies and directors to depict women as always superior. Of course this sends out the message to women that they are automatically better than men by default, regardless of individual intelligence or achievement. Personally I feel this is wrong. Its just flipping the coin of sexism to its other side instead of getting rid of the coin altogether and evaluation people on their individual merits.

Lets not talk about Feminism and stuff it has nothing to do with this topic.

Lokiare
2014-08-02, 06:59 AM

Are you sure? This could be a sign that the feminist lobbies have started to pay off WotC, or it could be a further trend that emulates what is viewed as popular (artificial though it may be), i.e. depicting men as lesser than women.

hawklost
2014-08-02, 10:36 AM

Some people cannot take a joke. Mine was no more than that and had nothing to do with feminism or anything else. I was joking about the names that they gave the book titles.

Knaight
2014-08-02, 02:47 PM
Demon princes seems pretty likely. Hopefully, it's something more along the lines of an adventure set between warring principalities which are bringing an apocalypse upon themselves by escalating the war, but that seems unlikely.

rlc
2014-08-02, 02:57 PM
Demon princes seems pretty likely. Hopefully, it's something more along the lines of an adventure set between warring principalities which are bringing an apocalypse upon themselves by escalating the war, but that seems unlikely.

i'd like this, too, though everything i can think of for how it would play out would probably be better in a choose your own adventure book.