PDA

View Full Version : Recollection of the Battle of the Thousand Orcs OOC

Pages : [1] 2

Chimaera
2014-08-02, 12:38 AM
The Recollection of the Battle of the Thousand Orcs OOC!

Player's table:

Player
Classes
Sheet

Beschoren
Elf Darkwood Stalker
Syco (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=966899)

Andrezitos
Beguiler
El Enganador (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=973039)

Alhandros
Dread Necromancer
Neitha-Guruth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=967221)

Vertharrad
Dread Commando
Kanhalthar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=967500)

DrK
Ordained Champion
Aenghir Ironborn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=971713)

raspberrybadger
Spirit Shaman
Soalis Windglide (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=969474)

business scrub
Raptoran Exotic Weapon Master
Fauvin Aluvirisaan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=975852)

Sonderjye
Bloodstrom Blade Wood Elf
Cro-Magnon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=987571)

Dudu
Master of Nine
Motto Gamoha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1001667)

SCORE:
Syco: 28
El Enganador: 2
Neitha-Guruth: 0 (First blood)
Kanhantar: 3 (Second down)
Aenghir: 23
Soalis: 26
Fauvin: 36
Jalavian Army: 18
Cro-Magnon: 4
Motto Gamoha: 1

Winner of the First Round: Fauvin (12 kills)
Syco: 8, Army: 4, Kanhaltar: 3, Aenghir: 3, Soalis: 0, El Enganador: 0, Neitha-Guruth: 0; Fauvin: 12;
Losses: Neitha-Guruth (Wall of Blades - Inactivity)
Wave: 10 Orc Axemen, 10 Orc Javelliners and 10 Orcs Archers

Winner of the Second Round: Syco (9kills)
Syco: 9, Army: 13, Kanhaltar: 0, Aenghir: 6, Soalis: 0, El Enganador: 1, Neitha-Guruth: 0, Fauvin: 8;
Losses: Kanhaltar (Wall of Baldes - RL's Kick in the Face), 3 archers;
Wave: 10 Orc Axemen, 10 Orc Javelliners, 10 Orcs Archers, 6 Orc Brutes and 1 Orc Shaman

Winner of the Third Round: Syco (8 Kills)
Syco: 8, Army: 1, Kanhaltar: 0, Aenghir: 3, Soalis: 5, El Enganador: 1, Neitha-Guruth: 0, Fauvin: 7; Cro-Magnon: 1;
Losses: 5 archers;
Wave: 8 Orc Soldiers, 8 Orc Scouts, 6 Orc Brutes, 2 Orc War Drummer 1 Orc Champion and 1 Orc Torch Caster

Winner of the Fourth Round: Soalis (13 Kills)
Syco: 0, Army: 0, Kanhaltar: 0, Aenghir: 8, Soalis: 13, El Enganador: 0, Neitha-Guruth: 0, Fauvin: 1; Cro-Magnon: 0; Motto: 0;
Losses: ???;
Wave: 10 Orc Brutes, 8 Orc Engineer, 2 Orc Necromancers, 1 Orchish Mangonel and 1 Orchish Dread Ballista

Winner of the Fifth Round: Soalis (10 Kills)
Syco: 3, Army: 0, Kanhaltar: 0, Aenghir: 3, Soalis: 10, El Enganador: 0, Neitha-Guruth: 0, Fauvin: 8; Cro-Magnon: 3; Friendly Fire: 1; Motto: 1;
Losses: 6 archers, 3 melee;
Wave: 8 Orc Soldier, 8 Orc Scout, 8 Orc Assassins, 4 Orc Champion, 1 Orc Shaman and 1 Orc Summoner

Winner of the Wave: ???
Syco: 0, Aenghir: 0, Soalis: 0, El Enganador: 0, Fauvin: 0; Cro-Magnon: 0; Recruit: 0;
Losses: Motto
Wave: 6 Orc Necromancers, 3 Tainted Heroes, 5 Orc Unholy Guard, 38 Orc Skeletons, 30 Orc Zombies, 22 Orc Undead Hulk, 42 orc Ghoul Warrior,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The valley was the only entrance to a very prosperous and defenseless region of the great empire of Jalavia, who were waging war aggainst the Orc Messiah on its northern border while leaving the southern border defenseless. A massive portal led a great horde of orcs to it the pass and the only ones that could save the villages from looting, pillagng and bloodbath were a handful of recruits and heroes.

Can you prevent the horrible deaths of innocent children and the elderly from the cruel orcs? Or will your sacrifice be in vain?

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Standart medieval fantasy.
The game will happen in homebrewed desert kingdom called Jalavia.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Around 6-8 players.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

The forum.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Character will be at 10th level.
No flaws or traits.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

The standart for 10th level (49k).
No item can cost more than 25k.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No to homebrew.
No to non-oficial fixes (no matter who wrote it).
No to paragons.
No to prestigious paladin/bard/ranger.
No to psionics.
No early qualification to prestige and anything you might consider cheesy.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

No LA or RHD allowed.
Also, no to lesser aasimars/tieflings.
No to orcs and half-orcs.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Maxed hp in every level.
Skills are retroactive.
36pt buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

There's no restriction to alignment (the aprty can get mixed with good and evil characters).
Classes alignment restrictions apply, but evil paladins may fight alongside good characters in this battle to come (a battle for survival).

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multiclassing is ok.
No multiclass penalty will be applied.
Your character can have up to 3 classes (including prestige ones) plus the favored class for your race (humans can choose any as favored)

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

The rolls will be rolled on the OOC or IC (on spoilers) at the forum.
Certain rolls I'll roll (like initiative, spot/listen, sense motive/bluff, etc etc).

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

No to polymorph and its broken cousins (Shapechange, Draconic Polymorph, ...), but Alter Self is ok.
No Leadership and similars.
No to Persist Spell.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

A small background dont hurt, but backgrounds wont be much needed.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It's all about hacking and slashing.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Allowed sources:
- PHB I and II;
- DMG I & II;
- MM I;
- Races of X;
- Complete X;
- Heroes of Battle/ Horror;
- Libris Mortis;
- Sandstorm, Stormwrack and Frostburn;
-MIC;
-Spell Compendium;
-Tome of Battle and Magic;
-Dragon Magic;

Vertharrad
2014-08-02, 12:50 AM
Dark Green shall be my speaking color.
Dim Gray italicized for thoughts.

Business Scrub
2014-08-02, 12:56 AM
Hello all! Ready to stop some orcs? I'll snag Golden color, if that's quite alright.

DrK
2014-08-02, 01:04 AM
Aenghir Ironborn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=971713)

We shall crush the orc and toast victory with their skulls.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/4b/ef/23/4bef23b82357342e1d5fd6549f09654a.jpg
Male LG Human Cleric/ Ord. Champ/ Crusader, Level 4 / 5 /1 , Init +1, HP 102/102, Speed
AC 24, Touch 11, Flat-footed 23, Fort +13, Ref +3, Will +12, Base Attack Bonus 9
Bastard Sword MW +15 (1d10+4, 19=20)
(w/GMW/GMW = +18, 12d6+10) Shield Bash +13 (2d6+5, 20)
MW Handaxe +14 (1d6+4, x3)
Lesser Xtal of Gancing Blows (+5 Vs Grapple) Full Plate +1, Lesser Cystal of Arrow deflection (+5AC Vs arrows), Shield sheath for axe Heavy Bashing Shield +1 (+9 Armor, +4 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
Condition None

Chimaera
2014-08-02, 01:27 AM
Welcome everybody.
Please make sure to fix the stuff I highlighted back there.

:smallsmile:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-02, 02:03 AM
Soalis Windguide will speak in Dark Gray.

Chimaera
2014-08-02, 02:10 AM
Orcs are claiming RED as their color.

Also, IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364825-The-Recollection-of-the-Battle-of-the-Thousand-Orcs-IC&p=17869740#post17869740)is up.

I'll also like you guys to keep and score of how much orcs you killed (just for the fun).

I'll sleep for now, but feel free to do some roleplaying in a tavern or something before the orcs invasion :smalltongue:

Business Scrub
2014-08-02, 02:14 AM
Cue "That still only counts as one!" jokes.

DrK
2014-08-02, 05:54 AM
Cue "That still only counts as one!" jokes.

Unless its a giant... Then it counts as 5!

Alihandros
2014-08-02, 08:37 AM
Guess I'll speak in dark gray. Also I recommend that once I bring out the husks stay away from them, unless you like drinking a lot.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-02, 11:02 AM
Hmm. That's two of us trying to speak in dark gray.

Chimaera
2014-08-02, 11:06 AM
If possible get another color to avoid confusion :smallsmile: @alhandros

raspberrybadger
2014-08-02, 08:40 PM
Woops. Misspelled Aenghir's name in my post. I edited it to fix that.

Chimaera
2014-08-02, 09:19 PM
Woops. Misspelled Aenghir's name in my post. I edited it to fix that.

I think it's a very acceptable mistake :smalltongue:
Had to look at it twice before copy + pasting it :smallbiggrin:

Also, excuse me the lack of posting (I'm sick :smallyuk:)

Beschoren
2014-08-03, 03:49 PM
wood elf colors for the wood elf chaotic evil psycopath that learned that killing orcs is socially acceptable

Edit: yeah i was on a trip and just now I'm able to cath up. too bad i missed the first part of the RP!

Chimaera
2014-08-03, 07:53 PM
Here's the city map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80657).

You have about 20 mins before the first wave of orcs reach the city.

The city have 20 jalavian recruits that you can feel free to position.
Each recruit got a the following stats.

YTou decide the number of archers and the number of militia (total 20).

There wont be any more aid other than that.

Any info just ask!

Jalavian Recruits!
Human, LN Fighter 2
Str 15 (Melee) or 13 (Ranged) Dex 13 (Melee) or 15 (Ranged) Con 14 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 11
HD: 24 hp, BBA: +2, AC: 17 (melee) or 16 (ranged), Init: +1 (melee) or +2 (ranged)
Fort:+5 Ref: +1(Melee) or +2 (Ranged) Will: +1

Feats (Ranged): Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (Long Bow), Rapid Shot;
Combat (Ranged): mw longbow Hit: +6, Dmg: 1d8, Crit: 20/x3
or rapid shot Hit: +4/+4, Dmg: 1d8, Crit: 20/x3
Equipment (Ranged): Mw Longbow, several arrows, mw chainshirt;
Skills (Ranged): Spot +3, Listen +3, Climb +3, Jump +3

Feats (Melee): Weapon Focus (Long Sword), Power Attack, Cleave, Shield Wall;
Combat (Melee): mw Longsword HIt: +6, Dmg: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2
Equipment (Melee): mw longsword, mw heavy shield, mw chainshirt;
Skills (Melee): Jump +4, Climb +4, Swim +1, Spot +2, Listen +2.

The Wall
It work like a Wall of Stone spell cast by a caster of 20th.

Wall of Stone
This spell creates a wall of rock that merges into adjoining rock surfaces. A wall of stone is 1 inch thick per four caster levels and composed of up to one 5-foot square per level. You can double the wall’s area by halving its thickness. The wall cannot be conjured so that it occupies the same space as a creature or another object.

(...)

Like any other stone wall, this one can be destroyed by a disintegrate spell or by normal means such as breaking and chipping. Each 5-foot square of the wall has 15 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 8. A section of wall whose hit points drop to 0 is breached. If a creature tries to break through the wall with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is 20 + 2 per inch of thickness.

So each square of wall have 75 hp, hardness 8 and Strenght DC 30 to break.
They're each 20ft high.

The Wooden Gates
The wooden gates (not drawn) have 30 hp, hardness 5 and Strenght DC 23 to break.
They can be barred (which increase the Strnght DC to 25 to break).

The Towers!
Each tower is 30ft tall and grant both high ground bonus for ranged or mages (+1 attack rolls) as well as giving 50% cover from ranged attacks. Each tower can accomodate up to 4 people (but only 2 can get attack from it).

Each tower got 100 hp and hardness 10.

Terrains:
Sand: is considered difficult terrain (no 5ft steps and double cost for move);
Grass: is considered normal terrain;
Water: deep water need swim checks to move (DC 15 to swim at quarter land speed, rounded down);
Roofs: can be used to gain some high ground (they're 10ft tall), but takes a balance DC 5 to avoid falling from it;
Dark Clouds in the Skies: probably not the best palce to stay, but who knows how dangerous they can be without trying?
Theyre 120ft from the ground and crackles with lightning;
Palm trees: can give 20% cover and block line of sight. Can be destroyed with AoE that deals more than 20 damage;
Mountain on the sides: unless you're a xorn or earth elemental, this terrain is not passable;
The Wall of Blades: several bloodstained orchish weapons swirling in the air at high speed, they're 5ft right up at the beggining of the map. Crossing it will more than likely cause death. Or maybe not. No way to tell.

Business Scrub
2014-08-03, 09:24 PM
My bad, I posted before seeing your notes about the dark cloud. Is it presumably safe beneath the clouds?

Also, how far distance wise are the orcs from the town?

DrK
2014-08-03, 10:03 PM
My bad, I posted before seeing your notes about the dark cloud. Is it presumably safe beneath the clouds?

Also, how far distance wise are the orcs from the town?

Well 10*40*20 (double moving for 20 minutes) gives about 8000 feet....

Could someone please give a JPEG of the pyromanver map as it won't display on my tablet. Thanks.

As for tactics... Are we just going to send all the villagers into maybe 3 buildings and garrison them with the town troops and hope that the orcs don't break in?

raspberrybadger
2014-08-03, 10:16 PM
Suggestion on the level 2 NPCs: we should go archer heavy, and put them with our PC archers. We can keep a couple of melee guys for an emergency, but I figure they are rather likely to die the first time we need them. We can keep the wind walls on one side, and our archers on the other.

I take it Soalis can't use spike stones on the sand, but can use burrow?

I'd sort of like to cover the west side with a rampart (40' square, provides cover, and if I put it outside the western gate it provides good enfilade fire across the whole wall, plus it's got good lines for boreal wind to the south and southeast. That would take 10 minutes to set up. I'd need someone with good close range killing power in the rampart too though for it to be sane. If Soalis is in a tower, boreal wind would only hit targets from like 300 to 880 feet, or else hit a much smaller area if used close in. I suppose we could wind wall then open a gate to use it without the rampart for the full 0 to 880 foot sweep. Up to 35 rounds of of 12d4 plus knockback in that kind of AOE seems worth using a gate or rampart. It only hits an area 20' wide each round though.

Spells Soalis already has up, 11 hours duration:

heart of water (swim, etc), longstrider (+10 speed), raptor's sight (+spot, helps vs range penalty)

Spells Soalis intends to put up before the fight:

resist energy (30 lightning resist, 110 min duration, CL 11)
superior resistance (+6 resistance bonus to saves, 24 hour duration, CL 11) see if it goes off [roll0] DC 12
heart of earth (14 temp hit points, +8 vs bull rush, overrun, and trip, light fortification, 7 hr duration, CL 7)
nature's rampart (10 min casting time, 40' square wall with ditch, cover and DC 10 climb check)
(put that in c-j 8-15, ditch in 16 then)
barkskin (+4 AC, 110 min duration, CL 11)
wood wose (for spreading caltrops and other manual labor, 11 hour duration, will hide behind the wall or something when not needed)
resist energy (30 cold resist, 110 min duration, CL 11)

Business Scrub
2014-08-03, 10:24 PM
@Soalis: Any chance you can clear the dark clouds? Not critical but it limits how high I (and others) can fly, which limits my range and defense against other archers and spells.

DrK
2014-08-03, 10:29 PM
Scroll superior resistance [roll0] DC 11

Shall I ride out to meet them and drop a 900ft radius blizzard upon the?

It'll freeze a good few hundred and then leave 9ft of snow for them to deal with :smallsmile:

EDIT: On laptop so got the town map :smallsmile:

Edit, edit: if we centre the blizzard 1000ft away we can keep a 100ft killing zone before the town walls for orcs as they emerge piecemeal from the snow..

Aside from Syco and Aenghir are any PCs melee focused? Will it be one PC per gate plus flying magic support or shall we try and block two gates and focus at defending one open one?

http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/12062/img.png

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 02:57 AM
If blizzard doesn't clear the clouds, not much will. And I sort of doubt it will. We're not high enough level for control weather or anything, and I didn't go with control winds for the day. I went with dropping massive avalanches instead. Plus, that gives 5d4 instead of 4d4 to her reserve feat.

As for melee focused people, Kanhalthar is at least as melee as archery based, right?

If people object IC to the whole bastion thing, we don't have to do it. But I think we'll have as easy a time holding a bastion as a gate. Also, it lets someone defend using melee while keeping cover against ranged fire.

Also, I was intending to leave a back door in the bastion so people could quickly go between bastion and the middle gate. If anyone has piles of lantern oil or something better than caltrops for the ditch, that would be a fun addition. Also, if people think a narrower bastion is a good idea, that is legal. It might be easier to defend.

Do we want to shut and bar any of the gates? I think it makes sense to bar one, in the knowledge it might not hold and we might have to shift one of our melee to guard it.

Also, a question for our GM: does the valley of impassible rock stay about this narrow? Or does it widen a bunch?

Beschoren
2014-08-04, 03:49 AM
@Kanhalthar "[COLOR="#B22222"] he has some very good spells like greater invisibility to fragile ones and greater mirror image to tougher ones.

Greater invisbilility would be outstanding for me. I have low AC and sneak attack 1d6, but perhaps we should leave it for the second wave or at a moment I start to get hurt.

I agree that we should keep the extra troops as archers (altought they won't be safe anyway). Syco can get himself in the funneled small bastion, ready for melle. Just before that he can start shooting orcs up to 1000 feet away with his simple longbow.

before shooting, I'll use:
potion of heroism
scroll of barkskin (cl 6)
10x caltrops before the bastion
scroll of resist energy (lighting)
casts surefoot (+10 jump climb balance tumble, 10 min)

onde the orcs are about 100-150 feet away he his store his bow, take his swords, and head for the bastion

I don't know how will you shape the bastion, but letting a 15 feet wide corridor for me to keep would be optimal (Or else I may not even have targets for cleave and haste attacks). also, if it could give cover against direct arrowfire from the horde I will be able to survive much longer.

Andrezitos
2014-08-04, 07:21 AM
My spell list is focused on beguiling and dominating the enemies. However, I do have utility spells like haste, slow, invisibility sphere, heroism (nice), dispel, fly (nice²), and some others. I will start casting as the battle unfolds. I will add the lady shaman and the dread commando into my telepathic bond (raptorian, syco, spirit shaman, dread commando and me).

I will employ my best enchantment spell to priority targets so, no much to do with your average orc critter. After all my spells been cast, I will be useless, so, economy of it will be extremely important.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 08:31 AM
Also, a question for our GM: does the valley of impassible rock stay about this narrow? Or does it widen a bunch?

It wide for miles and miles.
The only way reaching Jalavia from the south is through the verdant valley (i.e. trampling over your bodys)

@party: if you can draw on the map igave you where to put the stuff you wantto put (or tell me the coordenates if it would be good.

Also, by heavy ranged you mean having all 20 as archers? Were would you like to position them?
A tower can hold 4 but only 2 would be shooting.

And at last, ill need you to position your characters (or give me the coordinates). You have 20 mins to set up traps, bar gates, buffs etc before the first wave reach the bottom line of the map, but some of you can try showering them with arrows a few rounds before that.

@Alihandros: if you dont give any input or post anytging by the time the first wave begins your character (along with its minions) will panic and run to the wall of blades and die.

I asked for daily posting and if you cant do that (or at least give a heads up when youre going to be out) i'll have to pull a dm move to solve that.

@andrezito: spell economy is going to be a great challenge for you. Good luck!

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 08:55 AM
@Chimaera: A couple questions.

Will we (and the NPC's) be gaining XP for orcs killed. I imagine with 1000 orcs (many of which have class levels, I'm assuming) we'll be getting enough experience to level up at some point. Certainly the archers will, if they survive long enough. Does this all apply in one lump sum after the fight (and is sorta useless), or do we get it as the orcs die?

Also, can Fauvin fly out about half way and shoot, backoff, shoot, backoff, etc until they are in closer range? I figure a little over 3000 feet is tricky range for them to return fire, and 20 minutes is (20x10) 200 rounds I can be picking off some of the tiny orcs. Fauvin doesn't really have much preparing to do, so might as well start poking away.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 09:08 AM
@Chimaera: A couple questions.

Will we (and the NPC's) be gaining XP for orcs killed. I imagine with 1000 orcs (many of which have class levels, I'm assuming) we'll be getting enough experience to level up at some point. Certainly the archers will, if they survive long enough. Does this all apply in one lump sum after the fight (and is sorta useless), or do we get it as the orcs die?

Also, can Fauvin fly out about half way and shoot, backoff, shoot, backoff, etc until they are in closer range? I figure a little over 3000 feet is tricky range for them to return fire, and 20 minutes is (20x10) 200 rounds I can be picking off some of the tiny orcs. Fauvin doesn't really have much preparing to do, so might as well start poking away.

You'll get experience as you kill the waves.
The recruits will get some bonus and xp as well, but they probably wont last long. But it may give you a start advantage (as well as 'potion holders' or even meat shield).

The melees raise shield bonus from thoss close to them and are more likely to hand a few orcs.

As for flying ahead... Youll probably endanger yourself and get a few arrows/spells cast at you with no one to help and that wont be very worth killing some mooks.

DrK
2014-08-04, 09:25 AM
I think bastion one of the gates and close the other 2 and hope they focus on the bastion.

with the towers being limited shall we collapse 3 of them behind the two closed gates to try and barricade them?

How big is the orc army? At the moment my plan is to ride ~300 ft out the gate and then summin a blizzard when a lot of orcs are in range.

With a 900 ft radius it will cover from 50ft in front of the map to 1850ft away. Ideally trapping and killing many greendkins.

Is there villagers? What are the 3 strongest buildings? Can they move rubble and rocks behind the two closed gates?

Are any buildings multi storey to give archer vantage points? Or we can do volley fire with tower spotters?

(ic post when home from this evening)

Beschoren
2014-08-04, 09:28 AM
Also, by heavy ranged you mean having all 20 as archers? Were would you like to position them?
A tower can hold 4 but only 2 would be shooting.

Can we put them to man the wall? do they have cover (+4AC) from the fire below? how wide is it for the soldiers to stand?

Also, at least 2 melle guys to protect the 18 archers should be usefull (climbing walls generates AoOs and archers don't treathen the area). the orcs are not going to behave nicely and they may not have room for mobility once the orcs reach the walls

no need to put 4 archers in the tower if only 2 can fire. we replace them as they die.

@ Business Scrub: 3000 feet is an amazing distance, but don't be too overconfident. they can't target you even with long-range spells, but I'm quite sure they will have flyers of their own (maybe invisible one that will grapple you?). What I means is that you should be prepared to run away pretty fast, or don't go way too far by yourself.

DrK
2014-08-04, 09:54 AM
With the clerics stash...
Shall we divvy up the cure mid and serious amongst the pcs and leave the cure light to the archers?

With the divine scrolls, who apart from Aenghir and Soalis can use them? Then even split between those PCs.
Possibly extra revify to any fast PC as an extreme rescue medic.

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 10:13 AM
DrK - a blizzard sounds fine, anything to kill them before they get close and impede their advance is welcome. That was what I was thinking as well, bastion the middle gate and use archers in the towers to keep the other two gates clear for as long as possible. Yeah I think leaving the archers the clw potions would be best, while we partake of the cmw and csw potions.

raspberrybadger - yes about as equal melee as ranged. The bastion idea sounds fine. I was going to to use the shutting and barring gates to give us more time whittling their forces as they work at getting through them or the walls, but if the bastion is better and it would be morea dvantageous to not shut and bar the gates then okay.

Beschoren - Fine all archers but have them keep swords in case things get too close.

Andrezitos - thank you.

Chimaera - actually using both the towers and bastion to have more archers shooting. Maybe even have some on roofs to keep a good amount of arrow fire when it gets close enough to matter.

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 10:17 AM
@ Business Scrub: 3000 feet is an amazing distance, but don't be too overconfident. they can't target you even with long-range spells, but I'm quite sure they will have flyers of their own (maybe invisible one that will grapple you?). What I means is that you should be prepared to run away pretty fast, or don't go way too far by yourself.

True enough. I imagined besides fellow longshot builds the longest spell range we'd face is (800+80x20) 2000 feet, but I didn't account for invisible folk. I suppose Fauvin will hang back for now and ready an action.

When the fight breaks out in earnest, Fauvin can get around pretty fast; about 200 ft in a dive, and with little movement around enemies, assuming there aren't tons and tons of other fliers. He can't cast any of the scrolls and hopefully won't need many of the potions, but should I play errandboy if we need it? At Chimaera's approval, I could even tie the scrolls around arrows and fire them down at pc's feet when they need them. Fastest mail delivery service on two wings. :smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 11:42 AM
Chimaera - actually using both the towers and bastion to have more archers shooting. Maybe even have some on roofs to keep a good amount of arrow fire when it gets close enough to matter.

Sure, just get in consensus and decide how many archers and how many melees.
After I'll need to know where each goes.

When the fight breaks out in earnest, Fauvin can get around pretty fast; about 200 ft in a dive, and with little movement around enemies, assuming there aren't tons and tons of other fliers. He can't cast any of the scrolls and hopefully won't need many of the potions, but should I play errandboy if we need it? At Chimaera's approval, I could even tie the scrolls around arrows and fire them down at pc's feet when they need them. Fastest mail delivery service on two wings. :smallbiggrin:

You can deliver scrolls that way, as long as your bow is a flamining weapon (which would turn hilarious :smallbiggrin:)

The DC to attack the area is low and increase with distance, but pretty sure you can deliver scrolls around that way (as long as the orcs dont mess the winds, at least)

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 11:48 AM
You can deliver scrolls that way, as long as your bow is a flamining weapon (which would turn hilarious :smallbiggrin:)

The DC to attack the area is low and increase with distance, but pretty sure you can deliver scrolls around that way (as long as the orcs dont mess the winds, at least)

I hope you mean isn't a flaming weapon? :smalleek:

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 11:59 AM
With the towers being limited shall we collapse 3 of them behind the two closed gates to try and barricade them?

How big is the orc army? At the moment my plan is to ride ~300 ft out the gate and then summin a blizzard when a lot of orcs are in range.

With a 900 ft radius it will cover from 50ft in front of the map to 1850ft away. Ideally trapping and killing many greendkins.

Is there villagers? What are the 3 strongest buildings? Can they move rubble and rocks behind the two closed gates?

Are any buildings multi storey to give archer vantage points? Or we can do volley fire with tower spotters?

(ic post when home from this evening)

The orc hordes are still coming out from a big portal (the one Fauvin spotted), you have no idea how large is the army.

You can turn the towers into rubble to block the gates (creating dificult terrain and barring the gates), but you could also ask the recruits to gather the rubble from the church and the houses destroyed by the lightning.

The villagers are all commoners 1 with the permanent state of paralyzed with fear.
They're hiding at the pub, at the city guard and at the mayor's house, praying for their gods.
The only combat capable men are the 20 recruits.

You can do volley fire with the archers from the towers (even though they wont be all together etc), or on ground or on atop of the hosues's floor.

As stated in Terrain! spoiler, roofs are 10ft high, but require a low DC balance check per round of acting to not fall off.

Can we put them to man the wall? do they have cover (+4AC) from the fire below? how wide is it for the soldiers to stand?

Also, at least 2 melle guys to protect the 18 archers should be usefull (climbing walls generates AoOs and archers don't treathen the area). the orcs are not going to behave nicely and they may not have room for mobility once the orcs reach the walls

no need to put 4 archers in the tower if only 2 can fire. we replace them as they die.

You can man the wall, the place is creneled and wide enough for them to move without risking falling (as long as they dont run).
The crenels give them 20% cover from ranged attacks (I'll give miss chance instead of bonus AC from cover).

As for putting more than 2 man on a tower... It takes a full round for an archer close to a tower climb it.
Also, the extras on tower can give potion to the downed ones, for example.

With the divine scrolls, who apart from Aenghir and Soalis can use them? Then even split between those PCs.
Possibly extra revify to any fast PC as an extreme rescue medic.

Aenghir and Soalis are the more capable on using the scrolls;
El Enganador have ranks on UMD (+12 total) which can try (But since the DC 20+ CL and some of the scrolls have high caster levels it may turn very dificult for him to do so);
Neitha-Guruth is a dread necro, not sure if he can use the scrolls, gotta check on that;
Syco and Kanhaltar being rangers can use some scrolls, but sadly not from the cleric's stash;
Fauvin is a no scroll-boy;

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:01 PM
I hope you mean isn't a flaming weapon? :smalleek:

Sure sure, isnt is what I meant.
But it would be hilarious.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:08 PM
Anyway, any idea on how much archers/melees?

Also, is your Nature's Rampart and barring the gates anything like this?
MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80689)

DrK
2014-08-04, 12:21 PM
30 cure light wounds potion (cl 5th); --> archers
10 cure moderate wounds potion (cl 10th); --> 1 each and 3 spare
5 cure serious wounds potions (cl 15th) --> 1 for all except me and dread necromancer
10 scrolls of panacea (cl 7th) --> 4 for Soalus, Aenghir and 2 for the beguiler
2 scrolls of break enchantment (cl 15th) --> 1 for Soalis and Aenghir
2 scrolls of mass heal (cl 15th)--> 1 for Soalis and Aenghir
7 scrolls of revivify (cl 9th)--> 4 for Soalis 2 for Aenghir, 1 for El engar
50 flasks of holy water (I'll take 5 if no one minds?)

Does that seem a fair trade?

So to clarify...
Bastion middle gate
Left/ right close the door, block with rubble using archers to try and make then unopenable

Once I get the kids to sleep I'll get a proper blizzard post up for the IC

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:26 PM
5 cure serious wounds potions (cl 15th) --> 1 for all except me and dread necromancer

So to clarify...
Bastion middle gate
Left/ right close the door, block with rubble using archers to try and make then unopenable

Sure sure, take your time.
Also, as long as the other players agree it might work.
But I'll need to know who will get the spare one as well :smalltongue:

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 12:27 PM
I'll take some holy water if I can use it like a poison against undead. Otherwise I don't see myself using them.

What do we say to the arrow-scroll delivery system?

Andrezitos
2014-08-04, 12:29 PM

So to clarify...
Bastion middle gate

Like chimaera said I will not be of great help triggering scrolls (my umd is to low). I can try again any failed try but I expect to need the double of the time (dc 22 - 12 skill, 10 = 20/2).

How long the snowfield would last? Perhaps the best line of action would create a vast area of difficult and hazardous terrain for the greens to cross. This way most of their momentun would crumble and our archers would have plenty of options. My sugestion, however, is to leave this first wave to our walls and keep our most devastating weapons to later.

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 12:30 PM
So to clarify...
Bastion middle gate

Seems pretty good to me. These guys aren't going to live long, and I don't envy throwing them into melee with orcs, so lots of range is probably better than melee, except for the people on the tower protecting the archers.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:30 PM
I'll take some holy water if I can use it like a poison against undead. Otherwise I don't see myself using them.

What do we say to the arrow-scroll delivery system?

The arrow scroll delivering system can be done (as long as your weapon isnt flamming).
But it will be a little unecessary I guess, since your action economy will be hindered in process.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:33 PM
Like chimaera said I will not be of great help triggering scrolls (my umd is to low). I can try again any failed try but this will take some time.

How long the snowfield would last? Perhaps the best line of action would create a vast area of difficult and hazardous terrain for the greens to cross. This way most of their momentun would crumble and our archers would have plenty of options. My sugestion, however, is to leave this first wave to our walls and keep our most devastating weapons to later.

The blizzard spell last for round/level (dealing damage) after it's just dificult terrain (which the sand already is btw);

Seems pretty good to me. These guys aren't going to live long, and I don't envy throwing them into melee with orcs, so lots of range is probably better than melee, except for the people on the tower protecting the archers.

I just need a number :smallwink:
Also, forgot to answer your previous question: you cant use holy water as poison on undead, but can shower on them or throw at them.

Business Scrub
2014-08-04, 12:34 PM
The arrow scroll delivering system can be done (as long as your weapon isnt flamming).
But it will be a little unecessary I guess, since your action economy will be hindered in process.

True. I suppose it depends on how much we get split up. Well, it's always an option!

DrK
2014-08-04, 12:48 PM
Like chimaera said I will not be of great help triggering scrolls (my umd is to low). I can try again any failed try but I expect to need the double of the time (dc 22 - 12 skill, 10 = 20/2).

Well its 9 rounds of blizzard then it's 9 ft of snow that will take some time to melt! And make a pretty muddy mess!
I've got 2 scrolls of it so can use 1 now to buy us some time to bolster defences, sprinkle caltrops, block gates with rubble. Pour oil in front of the walk etc...
(Assuming the town has oil or spare caltrops)
Then save the other for when we are in the deep brown stuff!

Sure sure, take your time.
Also, as long as the other players agree it might work.
But I'll need to know who will get the spare one as well :smalltongue:

I'd suggest Syco for the extra cure mod as he is likely to be in the thick of it!

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 12:51 PM
I just need a number

16 archers/4 melee (have 2 archers each to the towers lyand a melee at the base for if things get real inside. Then 2 archers per roof.)

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:52 PM
Well its 9 rounds of blizzard then it's 9 ft of snow that will take some time to melt! And make a pretty muddy mess!
I've got 2 scrolls of it so can use 1 now to buy us some time to bolster defences, sprinkle caltrops, block gates with rubble. Pour oil in front of the walk etc...
Then save the other for when we are in the deep brown stuff!

I'd suggest Syco for the extra cure mod as he is likely to be in the thick of it!

20 mins is enough time to bolsters those defenses, but a blizzard might give you a few more minutes to preparation.
The city have nothing to offer you (all stuff that could be used on war was took to the warring borders.

A few of you bought caltrops and oils which can be used.
Did anyone took a look at the map i draw? With the rampart and rubble?

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 12:53 PM
16 archers/4 melee (have 2 archers each to the towers lyand a melee at the base for if things get real inside. Then 2 archers per roof.)

Ok, will edit the map showing that.

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 12:55 PM
The map looks fine. Probably have the roof archers take the extra clw potions, they are more apt to be getting hit by ranged fire. Sorry my bad, put the remaining archers on the wall since you said it's possible. Would give us a better range and spread splitting them up into 2 man teams close to the 4 towers helping them thin the herd when it comes for the barred gates. Also clear out as much of the weapon stores as is possible I want those archers to have at least 2 or 3 quivers of arrows if possible.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:01 PM
This is the map so far.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80695)

Need to know where the PCs want to start etc and if everything is ok.

WHo got oils and caltrops?
And where would you like them?

@Vert: the rubble on the floor might overweight it and cause the archers to fall.

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 01:04 PM
I'll be up on the wall as well to try and give as many of our side as possible that initiative bonus.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:04 PM
@Vertharrad: Saw you edit now only.
Edited map to reflect archers on the wall.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80697)

As for arrows, they have unlimited ammount of arrows (caus eno way I'll be tracking their arrows).

Does it looks good?

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:05 PM
I'll be up on the wall as well to try and give as many of our side as possible that initiative bonus.

Coords please?

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 01:07 PM
A7 just as good as any other spot I guess.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:13 PM
A7 just as good as any other spot I guess.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80700)

Ok, need to know the rest of the party now.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 01:15 PM
I was going to put the bastion more like this: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80692

There would be ditch just outside the bastion. Then I figure Soalis would have her wood wose put caltrops in the front part of the ditch.

Can Soalis make the inside of the bastion not difficult terrain? Either with the natural rampart spell itself, or by getting a wood wose or militia or something to cart dirt over there or something.

Do people have reasons for putting the bastion in the middle? Otherwise, the extra security of abutting the impassible and being near the lake seems really nice. Plus, it gives good angles of fire for the 20' by 880' sweeping cold blasts.

Also, Soalis can enough snow to bury huge creatures in a 120' radius, along with 8d6 damage. I have no idea how high a snow pile that is, but I figure that's got to be at least 20 feet. I dunno how effective that would be at blocking an area. The AOE is really too large to make it easy to use defensively though. Actually, thats another reason for putting the bastion in a corner. That allows dropping an avalanche close in on most things that aren't the bastion, more or less blocking the middle gate while channeling orcs into nice lanes of fire. I suppose I'd have to put the edge a bit away from the gate so they couldn't go from the snow to the wall so easily. Mind you, unless someone says something, Soalis is basing her proposed bastion on what she knows of her casting capabilities.

Also, it's only temporary, and it's better as an emergency reserve against unexpected problems, but wall of thorns will keep out lesser orcs, and hurt and slow nastier ones.

The proposed scroll distribution works.

It's a little vulnerable, but wood woses can cart stuff around, at least within our fortifications. Plus, they use their own actions to do it, so it's better than using a bow.

Lastly, if we were truly crazy, we'd teleport a strike force behind the portal and shut it down or block it. But I don't think we're that crazy.

Beschoren
2014-08-04, 01:26 PM

I agree

Thank's, I'll need it! I also have 10x caltrops. scrolls are ok with distribution.

Do people have reasons for putting the bastion in the middle? Otherwise, the extra security of abutting the impassible and being near the lake seems really nice. Plus, it gives good angles of fire for the 20' by 880' sweeping cold blasts.

Maybe we should left it for right instead of left, if we are not putting it on the middle. I get the point on the angle for the spells, but if we put a strong fortification just in front of the lake... the orcs might not even challange it, being dificult to reach and to overcome. heading for the wood gates is plain simpler for them.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:39 PM
I was going to put the bastion more like this: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80692

There would be ditch just outside the bastion. Then I figure Soalis would have her wood wose put caltrops in the front part of the ditch.

Can Soalis make the inside of the bastion not difficult terrain? Either with the natural rampart spell itself, or by getting a wood wose or militia or something to cart dirt over there or something.

Also, Soalis can enough snow to bury huge creatures in a 120' radius, along with 8d6 damage. I have no idea how high a snow pile that is, but I figure that's got to be at least 20 feet. I dunno how effective that would be at blocking an area. The AOE is really too large to make it easy to use defensively though. Actually, thats another reason for putting the bastion in a corner. That allows dropping an avalanche close in on most things that aren't the bastion, more or less blocking the middle gate while channeling orcs into nice lanes of fire. I suppose I'd have to put the edge a bit away from the gate so they couldn't go from the snow to the wall so easily. Mind you, unless someone says something, Soalis is basing her proposed bastion on what she knows of her casting capabilities.

Also, it's only temporary, and it's better as an emergency reserve against unexpected problems, but wall of thorns will keep out lesser orcs, and hurt and slow nastier ones.

It's a little vulnerable, but wood woses can cart stuff around, at least within our fortifications. Plus, they use their own actions to do it, so it's better than using a bow.

Lastly, if we were truly crazy, we'd teleport a strike force behind the portal and shut it down or block it. But I don't think we're that crazy.

Sure, you can make the terrain in the bastion non difficult, i'll change that on the map once i know for sure where it will be.

And you might try that, but if the creature who created the portal is the Messiah himself, you might find some troubles beating his caster level.

Thank's, I'll need it! I also have 10x caltrops. scrolls are ok with distribution.

Maybe we should left it for right instead of left, if we are not putting it on the middle. I get the point on the angle for the spells, but if we put a strong fortification just in front of the lake... the orcs might not even challange it, being dificult to reach and to overcome. heading for the wood gates is plain simpler for them.

Can you tell me where would you like to pout your caltrops?
Each covers a 5ft square.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 01:46 PM
The way I see it, the bastion isn't super strong, and needs all the help it can get. The lake doesn't stop orcs from going there, it just channels them into two different lanes of AOE. Also, if things go wrong, Soalis can jump in the lake, as she's got a swim speed and water breathing. If the orcs avoid the bastion, I think it is doing its job just fine, and Soalis can save her blasts for really nice opportunities or really dangerous situations. Lastly, the eastern two gates can more easily support each other than the western two gates.

But I wouldn't be against putting it on the east side. I think that's better than in the middle.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 01:55 PM
The way I see it, the bastion isn't super strong, and needs all the help it can get. The lake doesn't stop orcs from going there, it just channels them into two different lanes of AOE. Also, if things go wrong, Soalis can jump in the lake, as she's got a swim speed and water breathing. If the orcs avoid the bastion, I think it is doing its job just fine, and Soalis can save her blasts for really nice opportunities or really dangerous situations. Lastly, the eastern two gates can more easily support each other than the western two gates.

But I wouldn't be against putting it on the east side. I think that's better than in the middle.

So... Right, left or middle? :smallsmile:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 02:03 PM
Eh, Soalis is the one casting, so if there's not consensus she's just putting it left. I was sort of hoping for consensus though.

Also, she's got 15 caltrops for the ditch, and 10 pints of oil. Does anyone have a good use for the oil?

Do we have decent close in invisibility detection? Soalis has a usuable spot check and a spyglass, but that's about it.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 02:17 PM
Ok, here's is the map with the rampart.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80717)

Question, any archer on the rampart?
And where you want the melees to stay?

Need position from the PCs that aren on map (DrK, Andrezito, Alihandros's PCs)

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 02:28 PM
With the rampart and lake helping curtail attention to the other gates lets put the rubble from the left gate to the other gates fortifying them more. As for the oil use your best judgment.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 02:46 PM
I didn't have any plans for the oil besides saving it for problem solving by wood wose.

We could put a melee in the rampart at E12. We could put one helping the right gate at dd4. We could put one helping the middle gate at G6. Then what, have one sort of in reserve at H3?

I guess the archers go on the walls, not the rampart.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 02:48 PM
Removed rubble for left gate and reinforced the other gates.
Added El Enganador coords.

Need only Neitha-Guruth and Aenghir positions.

Are the melees on the right place? Want to move them?
As for caltrops and oil...
You have a total of 25 caltrops and 10 flasks of oil.

I'm considering the caltrops is filling the moat of the Nature's Rampart (most of it at least).
The oil will act like a grease (Reflexes DC 11) and can burn for two rounds for 1d3 damage.

It can be used to "paint" part of the walls/tower to make it more hard climb.

Edit map for the melees position.
MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80735)

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 03:27 PM
Sure everything looks good. For the oil I was thinking like what they did in the King Arthur movie where they used it to break up enemy formations...but I don't think we have that much. So yeah sure use it on the walls/towers to make harder to climb.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 03:32 PM
Sure everything looks good. For the oil I was thinking like what they did in the King Arthur movie where they used it to break up enemy formations...but I don't think we have that much. So yeah sure use it on the walls/towers to make harder to climb.

The oils isnt much to paint everything.
It can be used by the archers to molotov the orcs or can be kept to some miraculous life-savoor plan for later.

Anyway, I'll wait Aenghir since DrK is busy right now.
The dread necro got till tomorrow to show sign of life (or unlife) before running in the wall and diyng (loot together, as if he never went in the game).

So I guess first wave is coming tomorrow.

Beschoren
2014-08-04, 04:25 PM
hotstart!
crit: [roll0], damage [roll1]
crit: [roll2], damage [roll3]

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 04:51 PM
@Business: try to only add critical spoilers on the ones you threatened (make a second post on ooc).
It helps :smalltongue:

@Party: from the 30 orcs of the first wave 14 remains:
4 archers, 6 javeliners and 6 axemen.

(From the distance you cant make sure what they are till you kill them :smallbiggrin:)

Vertharrad
2014-08-04, 05:30 PM
How much ground are the orcs covering per round? So I know how far they are and how much to take off my attack.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 05:34 PM
Yes, please have the 10 oil in the front ditch.

A spyglass should let her see twice as far, and she's got a spot of [roll0]

Her AC is now at 23

She's looking for both large concentrations of orcs that her evocation could mow down, and as the fight goes on she wants an idea of the patterns of enemy troops.

Also, her spirit guide is concentrating on a detect magic, so if magically invisible stuff comes within 60' or visible guys have spells/items, she should be able to notice that.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 06:04 PM
Yes, please have the 10 oil in the front ditch.

A spyglass should let her see twice as far, and she's got a spot of [roll0]

Her AC is now at 23

She's looking for both large concentrations of orcs that her evocation could mow down, and as the fight goes on she wants an idea of the patterns of enemy troops.

Also, her spirit guide is concentrating on a detect magic, so if magically invisible stuff comes within 60' or visible guys have spells/items, she should be able to notice that.

Posted for you.
Thanks to the spyglass you can have a little spoiler on what the next waves composed off, but since they block sight from the rest of the waves you cant see much more. The oil will be then at the front part of the ditch.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 06:12 PM
How much ground are the orcs covering per round? So I know how far they are and how much to take off my attack.

Penals are:
-10, -8, -6, -4 and -2 (for fist, second, third, fourt and fifth round).

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 11:33 PM
And the necromancer is dead due inactivity.
Dont get me wrong, I wont enjoy killing you that way, as for using orcs to that... :xykon:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-04, 11:56 PM
If orcs are within 15' of the bastion on her turn, Soalis will hit them with a 15' cone of 5d4 cold.

Before that spellcaster gets into medium range, Soalis will read a scroll of call lightning and then ready an action to zap him with 3d10 DC 14 ref save for half lightning bolts (she'll get 5 of those) if he casts. If he's in range for 3 rounds without casting, she'll start zapping him without any further waiting.

If I'd known we'd have a storm the whole time, I'd have prepped call lightning and saved wind wall for a scroll, though it would only have lasted 3 rounds from scroll. But the call lightnings would have had 10 shots apiece, and DC 22.

Chimaera
2014-08-04, 11:59 PM
If orcs are within 15' of the bastion on her turn, Soalis will hit them with a 15' cone of 5d4 cold.

Before that spellcaster gets into medium range, Soalis will read a scroll of call lightning and then ready an action to zap him with 3d10 DC 14 ref save for half lightning bolts (she'll get 5 of those) if he casts. If he's in range for 3 rounds without casting, she'll start zapping him without any further waiting.

If I'd known we'd have a storm the whole time, I'd have prepped call lightning and saved wind wall for a scroll, though it would only have lasted 3 rounds from scroll. But the call lightnings would have had 10 shots apiece, and DC 22.

You totally should have cast that forecasting spell the other day :smalltongue:

The second wave 300ft away from the bottom line of the map.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-05, 12:24 AM
When the caster reaches 250 feet from her, she'll use the call lightning scroll.

Until then, she's using the spyglass (or blasting little guys who get to the bastion if it comes to it). If she can spot the next group before that caster gets to 250 feet, not likely, she may change her mind about using wind. But if both groups are nasty enough, and lined up right, she'll take the shot. Especially if the new groups keep coming into vision in the same spot, meaning the group beyond the one she can't yet see may also be in line.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 12:28 AM
When the caster reaches 250 feet from her, she'll use the call lightning scroll.

Until then, she's using the spyglass (or blasting little guys who get to the bastion if it comes to it). If she can spot the next group before that caster gets to 250 feet, not likely, she may change her mind about using wind. But if both groups are nasty enough, and lined up right, she'll take the shot. Especially if the new groups keep coming into vision in the same spot, meaning the group beyond the one she can't yet see may also be in line.

Ok, you'll ready your action then.
Als, cant see the waves behind.

DrK
2014-08-05, 12:41 AM
Is it possible to jpeg the map as well? I do most of my posting from a tablet which isn't compatible with pyromancers?

Is anyone at the bastion yet? Or was it 5 rounds to the bottom of the map? If so Aenghir will wait until they close to melee before he takes more actions.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 12:50 AM
Is it possible to jpeg the map as well? I do most of my posting from a tablet which isn't compatible with pyromancers?

Is anyone at the bastion yet? Or was it 5 rounds to the bottom of the map? If so Aenghir will wait until they close to melee before he takes more actions.

Sure, here its for you: MAP (http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/12074/img.png)
It was 5 rounds to get on the botton line.

Seems this way it dont show the stuff.. Hmmm...
Give me a minutes..

I dont knwo how to make it a .jpg and show the enemies etc. :smallredface:
If anyone can help me and DrK will be glad.

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 08:00 AM
I think there's an option to download as jpeg when you make the map. However, if not, you can always do it the hard way.

'Print Scrn/SysRq' button (usually near 'Scroll Lock' and 'Pause/Break') will copy your monitor out to the clipboard, so you can paste it in paint (or your preferred graphics program). From there you can save as => .jpg , then upload to a image hosting sight such as imgur.
Pressing Alt + Printscreen will take a snapshot of just the active window, so that might help with the cropping.

That's on Windows (and Linux, I think), anyway. On Mac, I believe command + shift + 3 gives you a screenshot and saves it to desktop as a .png

I'd offer, but I can't see the map at the moment.

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 09:40 AM
@Beschoren: Just so you know, the archers are all dead; it looks like we're on to the javliners.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 10:24 AM
I think there's an option to download as jpeg when you make the map. However, if not, you can always do it the hard way.

'Print Scrn/SysRq' button (usually near 'Scroll Lock' and 'Pause/Break') will copy your monitor out to the clipboard, so you can paste it in paint (or your preferred graphics program). From there you can save as => .jpg , then upload to a image hosting sight such as imgur.
Pressing Alt + Printscreen will take a snapshot of just the active window, so that might help with the cropping.

That's on Windows (and Linux, I think), anyway. On Mac, I believe command + shift + 3 gives you a screenshot and saves it to desktop as a .png

I'd offer, but I can't see the map at the moment.

It was late at night and I'm sick.
:smallredface:

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 10:59 AM
@DrK: sorry for the long wait.
Here is the map as .png

http://i.imgur.com/QCPe4K2.jpg

The Y36 javelliner is close to death.
The rest are lightly harmed (due your blizzard spell).

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 01:03 PM
@DrK: the sand is dificult terrain, can you horse move that far?
If yes, you just killed an orc :smalltongue:

DrK
2014-08-05, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the map.
How far away is the second wave?

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 01:06 PM
Dat 14d6... :smalleek:

Remind me how it got that high..? Just for the curious.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the map.
How far away is the second wave?

The second wave is 5 rounds away from the first wave, it shall reach at round 6.

Dat 14d6... :smalleek:

Remind me how it got that high..? Just for the curious.

Foehammer maneuver.

DrK
2014-08-05, 01:24 PM
Bashing shield is base 2d6. Then +5 size increases from greater mighty wallop potion (CL20) to a base 12d6. Then Foehammer is 2d6 more.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 01:26 PM
And posted!

@DrK: added the area around you on .jpg. :smallbiggrin:

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 01:27 PM
Oh sheesh. I guess so, yeah.

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 01:43 PM
Got a bit ninja'd. Fauvin will prioitize the archers if there are any left when his turn comes around, then shoot at the melees around Aenghir.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 01:45 PM
There are only 2 javellins and 3 axe orcs.

Business Scrub
2014-08-05, 01:46 PM
Yeah, sorry: I meant javliners.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 02:25 PM
Yeah, sorry: I meant javliners.

NO problems. :smallsmile:

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 02:45 PM
@raspberrybadger: edited last post to add your latest post (which ninja'd me) :smallsmile:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-05, 03:41 PM
Spellcraft [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 08:42 PM
Anyone mind if I advance this round?
Only Andrezito left to attack.

Vertharrad
2014-08-05, 09:32 PM
Sure go ahead.

Chimaera
2014-08-05, 09:38 PM
Will give one more hour and will post if he dont.

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 12:21 AM
@DrK: natural 1 :smallbiggrin:
The orc survives!

DrK
2014-08-06, 12:38 AM
@DrK: natural 1 :smallbiggrin:
The orc survives!

Lucky Orc! I'll still double move away and take the AoO. I don't want to be out on my own when wave 2 arrives

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 12:53 AM
GOing to bed now, tomorrow will post the aoo and edit the post there.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-06, 02:10 AM
Soalis is, for now, still doing the readied action to call lightning zap the shaman.

DrK
2014-08-06, 11:10 AM
Im not impressed with the cheeky orc hitting my poor horse! Glad to see him getting bbqed!

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 11:23 AM
Ok guys.
First wave is dead. and it is final of the round 3 (only Andrezitos needs to play now).

The second wave will rush forward till the round 6 begins...

So, everybody but Andrezito got round 4 and round 5 actions to do.
(Andrezito got round 3, 4, and 5 to do).
For agility sake, feel free to post what your action will be.

Business Scrub
2014-08-06, 11:34 AM
Do we know why the arrows seem to be missing the shaman? Or have we just rolled low?

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 11:45 AM
Added Houserule: Distance

To make it simple and easier I want you guys to know how distance penals will work.

Rounds Away
Ranged Penal
Spells Range

6 or more
Impossible
Only spetaculars spells

5 rounds
Long Range

4 rounds
Long Range

3 rounds
Long and Medium Range

2 rounds
Long and Medium Range

1 round
Long and Medium range

For those who invested feats or weapon enchancement to increase the distance of attacks (Far Shot feat, for example), you cut the distance penal in half (-5 for 5 rounds away, -4 for 4 rounds away, etc).

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 11:47 AM
Do we know why the arrows seem to be missing the shaman? Or have we just rolled low?

Apparently some kind of force protect him.
May be deflection or a spell that protect from arrows, but Soalis failed her Spellcraft and the other casters havent sight to spot them yet.

Once they reach the end of the map they'll get a spellcraft.

Business Scrub
2014-08-06, 01:13 PM
I was stupid and rolled damage wrong. Ignore all old damage.

Round 4
Shot 1: [roll0] + [roll1]
Shot 2: [roll2] + [roll3]
Shot 3: [roll4] + [roll5]

Round 5
Shot 1: [roll6] + [roll7]
Shot 2: [roll8] + [roll9]
Shot 3: [roll10] + [roll11]

Crit confirmations:
Round 4 shot 1: [roll12]
----- If confirm, recalculated damage: [roll13] + [roll14] (orcbane is not multiplied on crit, right?)

Round 5 shot 2: [roll15]
----- If confirm, recalculated damage: [roll16] + [roll17]

I should specify: aiming at the caster.

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 02:29 PM
Shaman is down, but the several spell he used are still on effect.
Waiting on Soalis and Aenghir to act before beginning round 6!

raspberrybadger
2014-08-06, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure these conditions count as a storm for the purpose of call lightning, which means both the previous zap and this one should count as 3d10

previous zap [roll0]
this zap [roll1]

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty sure these conditions count as a storm for the purpose of call lightning, which means both the previous zap and this one should count as 3d10

previous zap [roll0]
this zap [roll1]

Yes, it count as a storm.
Fun fact is that it dealt less damage :smallbiggrin:

Also, the shaman is dead @raspberrybadger.
Want to save your thunder or use on someone else?

Second Wave Survivors:
8 archers
10 javelliners
9 axemen
5 brutes
0 shamans

raspberrybadger
2014-08-06, 04:09 PM
If the next wave is visible by spyglass and will be in range within 2 minutes, she will wait.

If not, zap some brute, whichever one is already damaged.

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 04:11 PM
If the next wave is visible by spyglass and will be in range within 2 minutes, she will wait.

If not, zap some brute, whichever one is already damaged.

The third wave will reach the end of the map at round 11.
So I guess you'll wait.

Post IC is up by the way :smallwink:
Will take my leave for a few hours (who may or may not means till tomorrow).

raspberrybadger
2014-08-06, 05:44 PM
Here's the checks for Soalis:

Spot [roll0]
Spelcraft [roll1]

Chimaera
2014-08-06, 08:38 PM
The map is the same, just have to remove one javelliner from it.

Pyromancers seems to be acting weird, so I can't edit things right now.
I will be off for the night :smallsmile:

@raspberrybadger: posted IC the spells you spellcrafted:
Legion's Magic Weapon
Mass Shield of Faith
Mass Conviction
Legion's Entropic Shield

The brutes have Enlarge Person on them as well.

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 02:22 PM
Ok guys, to make competition a little more fierce: the winner of each round will get a permanent inerent bonus on one ability of his choice.

So, let's take the competition a little more... competitive :smallwink:

(Sow discord :xykon:)

Business Scrub
2014-08-07, 02:33 PM
Crit confirm: Attack 2 confirm: [roll0]
New Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

DrK
2014-08-07, 02:48 PM
Ok guys, to make competition a little more fierce: the winner of each round will get a permanent inerent bonus on one ability of his choice.

So, let's take the competition a little more... competitive :smallwink:

(Sow discord :xykon:)

I'll roll my eyes at my lack of ranged weapons... Just wait till they reach melee!

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 02:49 PM
Edit IC post to add map for you DrK.

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 03:41 PM
And new map for DrK is posted.

DrK
2014-08-07, 03:41 PM
Edit IC post to add map for you DrK.

much appreciated. Thanks.

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 03:43 PM
much appreciated. Thanks.

Youre welcome.
Also, I guess now you'll be able to get some fun being surrounded by some large sized orcs :smalltongue:

DrK
2014-08-07, 03:50 PM
Youre welcome.
Also, I guess now you'll be able to get some fun being surrounded by some large sized orcs :smalltongue:

Bring it on :smallsmile:

and my attack roll that I broke [roll0]

If one of the enemy hit me but by 4 or less over my Ac I'll do shield block as an immediate action to stop the blow landing

raspberrybadger
2014-08-07, 05:16 PM
If a 20' wide 880' wide area aimed at the next to next wave is/ought to be will hit at least 15 orcs, Soalis will start a boreal wind. That would be 12d4 damage, 36 feet of knockback, Fort save DC 23, also stinging sand and knocking over stuff up to small huts.

Otherwise, she's just waiting to see if Aenghir needs rescued from being swarmed. Besides, if the orcs clump up, wall of thorns hits more of them and gives less cover on the battlefield while it lasts.

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 06:28 PM
If a 20' wide 880' wide area aimed at the next to next wave is/ought to be will hit at least 15 orcs, Soalis will start a boreal wind. That would be 12d4 damage, 36 feet of knockback, Fort save DC 23, also stinging sand and knocking over stuff up to small huts.

Otherwise, she's just waiting to see if Aenghir needs rescued from being swarmed. Besides, if the orcs clump up, wall of thorns hits more of them and gives less cover on the battlefield while it lasts.

Posted the map where they will arrive for you.
Just let me know where the spell will be cast to see who will get caught.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-07, 09:02 PM
Unless I can't count, the two groups aren't lined up from where her position is, so she won't use boreal wind. If the casters (preferably the shaman) get within medium range, she'll zap them. If things get bad enough with this wave, she's got wall of thorns.

Chimaera
2014-08-07, 10:03 PM
Unless I can't count, the two groups aren't lined up from where her position is, so she won't use boreal wind. If the casters (preferably the shaman) get within medium range, she'll zap them. If things get bad enough with this wave, she's got wall of thorns.

Next round the shaman will enter medium range.

Vertharrad
2014-08-08, 02:12 AM
RL kicked in my teeth figuratively speaking. I've had to prioritize my PbP schedule and chop a game or two away. Sorry guys but this is one of those games. Have a ggod time without me...kick some orc booty.

Chimaera
2014-08-08, 02:41 AM
RL kicked in my teeth figuratively speaking. I've had to prioritize my PbP schedule and chop a game or two away. Sorry guys but this is one of those games. Have a ggod time without me...kick some orc booty.

It happens.
Good luck with your life o/

Beschoren
2014-08-08, 02:45 AM

chill. that wind stuff will be one of our strongest spells, and we are likely to be swarmed by orcs to the death. I totally get that you wand to see that baby fly, but I'm sure there will be much better opportunities in the near future ;) for exemple: right now, none of the PCs is even hurt. should we use our most powerfull attack?

raspberrybadger
2014-08-08, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I decided to wait on using the wind spells, as there will be more targets later.

Sorry to hear that Vertharrad. I hope RL gets better.

Chimaera
2014-08-08, 12:53 PM
Will be posting on IC soon.
Just to let you guys know. :smallsmile:

Chimaera
2014-08-08, 01:48 PM
Is kust me or pyromancers is messing with you too?
Was making a great post, but without the map some thing wont be accurate.

Also, noticed it's El Enganador turn.
I'll play for Kanhaltar this turn.

Chimaera
2014-08-08, 02:51 PM
And posted! Took some time to.

Also, is just me or this campaign dont like dreads? Dread necromancers, dread commando, they all die too young... :xykon:

Also, if someone can give DrK a jpg print it would be very much appreciated.

DrK
2014-08-08, 02:53 PM
And posted! Took some time to.

Also, is just me or this campaign dont like dreads? Dread necromancers, dread commando, they all die too young... :xykon:

Also, if someone can give DrK a jpg print it would be very much appreciated.

Its ok this round :smallbiggrin:
Being surrounded makes things nice and easy

Business Scrub
2014-08-08, 03:02 PM
Its ok this round :smallbiggrin:
Being surrounded makes things nice and easy

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/7e/7e5f2e29445ae98dc07562c398e99b845bd0e75f392649fab5 0af4024135b110.jpg

raspberrybadger
2014-08-08, 06:24 PM
Soalis is readying an action to zap any orc casting a spell with 3d10 of lightning.

Chimaera
2014-08-08, 06:27 PM
Soalis is readying an action to zap any orc casting a spell with 3d10 of lightning.

Ok, will post when i get back home.
Round 9 is coming and theres more than half of the wave left :smallsmile:

Round 11 the third wave reach and the shaman will probably begin his castings.

DrK
2014-08-09, 02:52 AM
I'd love a heroics spell!
go cleave!

Chimaera
2014-08-09, 02:13 PM
Ill post ic in 2h tops.
Also, what's heroics range? Isnt it touch?

raspberrybadger
2014-08-09, 03:02 PM
Soalis isn't even carrying a weapon. Just a reserve feat. So heroics doesn't really benefit her.

Chimaera
2014-08-09, 04:08 PM
The archers can act at any moment, if someone want to shout an order to them they will follow, otherwise they'll keep trying to bring down the orc brute close to the wall.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-09, 11:06 PM
Good thing she's got her good dress in her handy haversack.

Anyway, Soalis is going back to readying an action to zap either orc when it casts.

Chimaera
2014-08-09, 11:09 PM
Good thing she's got her good dress in her handy haversack.

Anyway, Soalis is going back to readying an action to zap either orc when it casts.

Ok, but the shaman wont be here till round 11 (and wont be casting till there, probably...)

raspberrybadger
2014-08-10, 02:17 AM
Yeah, but Soalis doens't know that he doesn't have medium range attack spells, and this is the last time to let Aenghir get hit with a spell.

Beschoren
2014-08-10, 11:25 AM
@DrK: would Aegier switch positions with Syco for the next round? with two wep fight, haste and cleave I really don't want to run out of targets before finishing the full round

DrK
2014-08-10, 11:58 AM
@DrK: would Aegier switch positions with Syco for the next round? with two wep fight, haste and cleave I really don't want to run out of targets before finishing the full round

Not sure how we would swap but yes. Though ideally after I act. I was planning on doing a healing strike to cure myself. Which would probably kill one axemen.

Does someone have dimension swap?

Chimaera
2014-08-10, 12:06 PM

Not sure how we would swap but yes. Though ideally after I act. I was planning on doing a healing strike to cure myself. Which would probably kill one axemen.

Posted.
There is only one orc axeman standing (close to you that's).

Chimaera
2014-08-10, 12:13 PM
Also, before I forget:

FIRST WAVE!
Fauvin: 1144 XP
Recruits: 346 XP
Aenghir, El Enganador, Syco and Soalis: 144 XP

Beschoren
2014-08-10, 12:13 PM

oh nevermind, they generated AoO, cleave and now everyone is gone.

DrK
2014-08-10, 11:48 PM
oh nevermind, they generated AoO, cleave and now everyone is gone.

What was the AoO for?

@ Chimeara
Could I see a map?
Also You killed my horse!
Then I'll go hunting! Either intercept wave 3 or retreat back to the gate to stop wave 2 breaking in?

Chimaera
2014-08-10, 11:50 PM
What was the AoO for?

@ Chimeara
Could I see a map?
Also You killed my horse!
Then I'll go hunting! Either intercept wave 3 or retreat back to the gate to stop wave 2 breaking in?

Sure, just give me a few minutes to make the .png

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 12:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xfZrvPS.jpg

Red means third wave and green second wave.
The green ones close to the wall are 5 axemen.
The green ones in the middle of the map are the archers (who slew Slepnirr).

The big red ones are enlarged and enraged orc brutes with hammers.
The "first line" are 8 orc soldiers wearing heavy shield and full palte armor.
Behind the large ones from elft and right are orc drummers (2: one on the left and another to the right).
In the middle, behind the four large ones is an orc champion (fullplate armor, twoer shield and debilitating aura).
Behind him is the orc torch caster, wearing shamnic robes and wearing a staff made of pure fire.
The rest are 8 orcs with heavy crossbows and under effect of blur.

Any questions just ask.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 09:32 AM
Ref save [roll0]

Where's the guy with the standard?

It looks like the first round of a boreal wind can hit two plate guys, two brutes, the champion, and the shaman, plus putting up sand that should keep half the left half of ranged guys from seeing, plus knockback 36 feet. I'm hoping the guy with the standard would be in the AOE too.

Call avalanche would have been a good option before they got in range, but that's hindsight.

Does Soalis know anything about this redirection? Out of character, it sounds like a spell or item of redirect spell or something like that.

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 09:38 AM
Ref save [roll0]

Where's the guy with the standard?

It looks like the first round of a boreal wind can hit two plate guys, two brutes, the champion, and the shaman, plus putting up sand that should keep half the left half of ranged guys from seeing, plus knockback 36 feet. I'm hoping the guy with the standard would be in the AOE too.

Call avalanche would have been a good option before they got in range, but that's hindsight.

Does Soalis know anything about this redirection? Out of character, it sounds like a spell or item of redirect spell or something like that.

The war drummers each got the standart attached to the backs.
IC you know what you saw: you targeted the shaman and the spell was redirected, probably because of the standart. Also, it worthy to point out there are two orcs carrying standarts.

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 09:39 AM
@Andrezitos: you can make a Reflexes save DC 16 for half damage.
Also, please put the coordinates you want to move in.

Business Scrub
2014-08-11, 09:51 AM
Crit Confirmation for attack 2:

Attack 2 confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 10:29 AM
Damage [roll0] cold
Fort save 23
Knockback 36'
puts out even large fires at 50%
kicks up sand, so presumably a wall of reduced visibility
knocks over stuff like small huts, but it looks like we missed all the trees
Concentration DC 23 to cast in it

Round 1/7

This round should hit the orcs at B38, D37, C40, D40, G41, G43. Plus, any orc on the left half of the line who moves forward, and ranged attacks through it should get 50% concealment and probably -4 penalties on top of that.

Andrezitos
2014-08-11, 11:23 AM
[roll0] reflex save

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 03:16 PM
Where did the shaman and champion end up?

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 03:51 PM
The shaman is three squares beyond the maps end and the champion is wherr he show in the map

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 04:26 PM
Then it looks like Soalis can hit the shaman, the champion, the soldiers at E 38 C39 w31 y32, the brutes at W26, C37, (on my second try, it looks like it just barely misses E 37, so whether that one gets hit is a touch unclear) E37, and the arbalests at C 42, w35, z35.

So move action to thus redirect the boreal wind onto those guys.

Damage [roll0]

Round 2/7 of boreal wind

And standard action to call another lightning bolt on the standard guy.

[roll1]

(1 left)

DrK
2014-08-11, 04:30 PM
As immediate action if anyone hits me by 4 or less I'll shield block them

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 04:36 PM
Then it looks like Soalis can hit the shaman, the champion, the soldiers at E 38 C39 w31 y32, the brutes at W26, C37, (on my second try, it looks like it just barely misses E 37, so whether that one gets hit is a touch unclear) E37, and the arbalests at C 42, w35, z35.

Damage [roll0]

Round 2/7 of boreal wind

[roll1]

(1 left)

The boreal wind was dispeled by the shamanic orc. Want to change your actions?

As immediate action if anyone hits me by 4 or less I'll shield block them

Ok!

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 04:53 PM

Damage [roll0]

Round 2/7 of boreal wind

[roll1]

(1 left)

Here, maybe you missed it? :smallconfused:

with the wild wind blowing, the shamanic orc raise high his flamming staff and try to dispel the magic, creating a very hot wind that destroy your magic completely. He then move forward along with those with who were pushed.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 05:22 PM
Ouch, he managed a DC 24 dispel check, and a DC 23 conc check, first try? Not good.

Time to figure out what to do now.

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 05:30 PM
Ouch, he managed a DC 24 dispel check, and a DC 23 conc check, first try? Not good.

Time to figure out what to do now.

I posted for you, but feel free to change it, just let me know.
As for dispel... he got a 18 on his dice.

Chimaera
2014-08-11, 06:05 PM
Winner of the second round: Syco! (the army dont compete)

Syco can choose one ability to permanent raise by 1.

Also, experience:

2nd Wave
1413 XP: Syco
1080 XP: Recruits
413 XP: Soalis, Aenghir, Fauvin, El Enganador

DrK
2014-08-11, 11:03 PM
Vanguard treads ignore difficult terrain and allow me to move normally. I'll kill the random orc thus round anyway.
Am I within 40ft of the orc champion?

raspberrybadger
2014-08-11, 11:47 PM
I was considering using up a wall of thorns to shut down and injure them, but this works well enough. My players for the game I GM IRL came early, so I didn't get that post up, and it looks like other magic is getting the job done.

As it is, Soalis is going to try to fry the remaining drummer orc with her remaining lightning bolt.

[roll0]

Also, she's going to send her wood wose to loot any scrolls, potions, or wands from the fallen. It can't open any latched containers to do so, and it can't hold more than 20 pounds. 6 points of AOE damage will kill it, but if someone wastes magic on a wood wose, eh.

Chimaera
2014-08-12, 12:19 AM
Vanguard treads ignore difficult terrain and allow me to move normally. I'll kill the random orc thus round anyway.
Am I within 40ft of the orc champion?

Ops, my bad then. Sorry.
Cant see the map now. But i guess you dont (or at least dont have line of sight)

I was considering using up a wall of thorns to shut down and injure them, but this works well enough. My players for the game I GM IRL came early, so I didn't get that post up, and it looks like other magic is getting the job done.

As it is, Soalis is going to try to fry the remaining drummer orc with her remaining lightning bolt.

[roll0]

Also, she's going to send her wood wose to loot any scrolls, potions, or wands from the fallen. It can't open any latched containers to do so, and it can't hold more than 20 pounds. 6 points of AOE damage will kill it, but if someone wastes magic on a wood wose, eh.

No problem. I pulled a fast forward button because i am sick and bedridden. Sorry as well.

Beschoren
2014-08-12, 11:40 AM
@ scurb: can Fauvin stop that wardrummer from doing whatever he wants rescuing the shaman? Otherwise I will have to let got of my full attack and stop him. I'll post IC now considering that you will stop him :smallbiggrin: but let me know if you have a better idea.

Business Scrub
2014-08-12, 01:16 PM
Sure. I'll spare an arrow for the caster to make sure he's really dead.

Also, note to all: I've had some outside communication with Chimaera. Unfortunately, he'll be gone for a couple of days, but will return!

Chimaera
2014-08-12, 10:08 PM
Well, after a looooong day in hospital I'm glad I didnt had to stay there.
Back home and resuming posts.

Also...
Fauvin turn!

Business Scrub
2014-08-12, 10:12 PM
Glad you're back! Posted!

Chimaera
2014-08-12, 10:26 PM
Let me see :smallsmile:

Beschoren
2014-08-13, 02:44 AM
@Syco: you look waryly to the champion, but decide to strike where you can do the most damage.
You swiftly slash at the two soldiers, hitting them even after they're dead for extra fun.

I will attack S38 until he drops, then cleave on Q37. once Q37 falls I take a 5 foot step to Q36 (with some help from fly) and land the remaining attacks on the brute

but.... but :smalleek:
after I kill the 2º I was going for the brute. no slashes gones to waste!

Chimaera
2014-08-13, 08:38 AM
Can you take a 5ft step in the middle of a full round? If so ill edit that when i get home

Beschoren
2014-08-13, 08:55 AM
Can you take a 5ft step in the middle of a full round? If so ill edit that when i get home

of course you can! we play like this the whole time :smalleek:

Business Scrub
2014-08-13, 10:00 AM
Moar crits! Confirm:[roll0]

Chimaera
2014-08-13, 01:21 PM
of course you can! we play like this the whole time :smalleek:

Did I told you I as sick? :V

will change that. The brute take some damage, but not enough to be knocked out.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-13, 02:30 PM
Reciting the scroll of shield, DC 21
UMD: [roll0]

Beschoren
2014-08-14, 01:52 AM
Did I told you I as sick? :V

...Instead he justs drops a short and loud laughter and flies to Q24, hoping to take the crosbowrcs by their backs

AoO?
[roll0], damage [roll1]+ [roll2]+[roll3]

I take your sickness delt inteligence and wisdom damage

I was suposed to fly to the back of the crossbow-orcs, and stab them with an AoO when they fire or move :smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2014-08-14, 10:38 AM
I take your sickness delt inteligence and wisdom damage

I was suposed to fly to the back of the crossbow-orcs, and stab them with an AoO when they fire or move :smallbiggrin:

Ah, sorry again.
The fever kinda made me ignore that post it seems (excuses, lame excuses!).

It wasnt enough to kill him, but was enough to make him unfriend you on facebook. :smallbiggrin:

Beschoren
2014-08-14, 03:17 PM
@Aenghir: You're unsure if the elf called you by your deceased horse's name because he wants to provoke you, becuase he wants to insult you, becuase he's plain dumb, or he just mixed the names.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-14, 04:55 PM
When it's her turn again, Soalis is going to use yet another charge of cure light wounds.

[roll0]

DrK
2014-08-16, 02:40 PM
Are we wanting to fall back to the wall or are people happy with Syco and Aenghir being out in front disrupting the waves as they come in?

How are health and resources holding up?

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 03:59 PM
Been busy all day long.
Will try to post tonight but dont promise anything. :smallredface:

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 04:04 PM
Been busy all day long.
Will try to post tonight but dont promise anything. :smallredface:

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 07:38 PM
And posted! Hope you like it :xykon:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-16, 08:18 PM
Spot [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

How far apart is this wave and the next wave?

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 08:29 PM
Spot [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

How far apart is this wave and the next wave?

The usual distance: 5 rounds away.

Business Scrub
2014-08-16, 08:30 PM
The usual distance: 5 rounds away.

Wait, caster hit me from 5 rounds + 100 feet away?

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 09:19 PM
Wait, caster hit me from 5 rounds + 100 feet away?

He somehow enchancted the ballista shot with Enervation.
He is on the end of the map, not 5 rounds away.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-16, 09:28 PM
I'm actually asking for the distance in feet between the siege guys and the wave after that.

Chimaera
2014-08-16, 09:49 PM
I'm actually asking for the distance in feet between the siege guys and the wave after that.

150ft or so

raspberrybadger
2014-08-17, 01:24 AM
Then Soalis can totally get all of the siege wave and all of the wave after that in a 120' radius avalanche. 8d6 damage, buries anything huge or smaller. Ref save DC 24 to take half damage and not be buried. Buried targets take 1d6 nonlethal damage per minute.

The spell description says if the avalanche is rapidly melted, you've got a flood, so there's a chance to drown them too.

Anyway, that's what she's doing.

DrK
2014-08-17, 01:32 AM
I'd best get my snowwalkung boots on!

And my spell crafts [roll0] [roll1]

Edit. Or combo it with death hail :smallsmile:

Chimaera
2014-08-17, 12:16 PM
Then Soalis can totally get all of the siege wave and all of the wave after that in a 120' radius avalanche. 8d6 damage, buries anything huge or smaller. Ref save DC 24 to take half damage and not be buried. Buried targets take 1d6 nonlethal damage per minute.

The spell description says if the avalanche is rapidly melted, you've got a flood, so there's a chance to drown them too.

Anyway, that's what she's doing.

I'd best get my snowwalkung boots on!

And my spell crafts [roll0] [roll1]

Edit. Or combo it with death hail :smallsmile:

Sure sure, just post IC to make it happens.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-17, 01:19 PM
The circle is so large it's actually flat for 15 squares to the left and right of the center. So it should hit lowercase l to uppercase O 31, and a to l 30, P to the rightmost edge of the map 30, and everything south of that including well past the next wave.

Edit: that's not right at all. Recalculating now.

Chimaera
2014-08-17, 01:44 PM
The circle is so large it's actually flat for 15 squares to the left and right of the center. So it should hit lowercase l to uppercase O 31, and a to l 30, P to the rightmost edge of the map 30, and everything south of that including well past the next wave.

Edit: that's not right at all. Recalculating now.

No need to recalculate that: I'll consider it will hit all the 4th and 5th wave.
Simplicity is better.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-17, 01:58 PM
Thanks, that saves typing out the exact circle shape. It looks like it would have only partially hit or missed the two brutes at the corners, depending on exactly where the thing was put.

Chimaera
2014-08-17, 02:01 PM
Thanks, that saves typing out the exact circle shape. It looks like it would have only partially hit or missed the two brutes at the corners, depending on exactly where the thing was put.

No problem, it also saves me time.

Chimaera
2014-08-17, 03:16 PM
One spell = 12 deads.
Soalis just become tied with Aenghir number of kills. :smallbiggrin:

DrK
2014-08-17, 11:09 PM
Sorry, I'm now sufficiently confused I can't visualise where people are. Could someone jpeg the map please?
Cheers. Hopefully some orcs will be nearby!

Chimaera
2014-08-18, 01:07 AM
Sorry, I'm now sufficiently confused I can't visualise where people are. Could someone jpeg the map please?
Cheers. Hopefully some orcs will be nearby!

Past bedtime here, but will make a map tomorrow for you.

There are a few scouts alive and not buried, but the majority is now under 20ft of snow.

Chimaera
2014-08-18, 03:24 PM
DrK: here's you map.
Almost everything on it is biried under snow.

http://i.imgur.com/0tJVIUu.jpg

Beschoren: you can change your action, so you dont go and get buried as well / target buried enemies.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-18, 03:34 PM
That blob of purple in the northeast corner is 2 shamans and 2 champions, the ones who teleported out of being hit by the avalanche. Sadly, our attempt to get our own pet shaman seems to have failed, so those guys are a pretty high priority to take down, or otherwise prevent from casting.

Chimaera
2014-08-18, 04:04 PM
Drk: the only ones not buried are the following:

3rd wave scouts (all three - small red ones: o13, cc16 and Y17) and the purple ones inside town.
All the rest are buried under 20ft of snow and unreachable.

DrK
2014-08-18, 04:08 PM
Drk: the only ones not buried are the following:

3rd wave scouts (all three - small red ones: o13, cc16 and Y17) and the purple ones inside town.
All the rest are buried under 20ft of snow and unreachable.

Ah. Didn't realise. I'll delete my post and reappraise my action if that's okay?

Chimaera
2014-08-18, 04:33 PM
Ah. Didn't realise. I'll delete my post and reappraise my action if that's okay?

Sure! That's why I pointed out the mistake.

Chimaera
2014-08-19, 10:17 AM
Ok, will wait one hour before posting.
Will make my own Syco's round (exchange to charge a scout and possible kill it.

Chimaera
2014-08-19, 01:03 PM
DrK: the debilitating aura range is infinite.

Business Scrub
2014-08-19, 01:44 PM
DrK: the debilitating aura range is infinite.

0.o So we might be affected by the aura of an orc half way across the world?! :smalltongue: </cheekyBastard>

Chimaera
2014-08-19, 05:05 PM
0.o So we might be affected by the aura of an orc half way across the world?! :smalltongue: </cheekyBastard>

Infinite as long he's on map :smalltongue:

Chimaera
2014-08-21, 12:29 PM
Will wait 6h to Business or Beschoren to act! After I'll post for them and give them a warning.

Results of dispel:
Champion 1: lost Legion Magic Weapon;
Champion 2: lost Mass Shield of Faith;
Shaman: lost Magic Vestment;
Summoner: lost Mass Shield of Faith.

Business Scrub
2014-08-21, 12:35 PM
Busy day at work today. I'll have posted by 5 (3.5 hours from now), promise.

Chimaera
2014-08-21, 12:36 PM
Busy day at work today. I'll have posted by 5 (3.5 hours from now), promise.

No problem, take your time.
As long as I know there will be delay it's no problem. :smallwink:

Business Scrub
2014-08-21, 04:08 PM
Crit confirm: Attack: [roll0]

Chimaera
2014-08-21, 08:21 PM
Posted the end of round 17.
Will be posting the Round 18 (3rd and 4th waves actions) in a couple hours since I've some stuff to do RL here.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-21, 08:59 PM
Is there line of sight between Soalis and one of the shamans? If so, she's going prone and casting resist energy (fire).

Edit: I'm thinking there isn't because the city walls are higher than the buildings. If there isn't line of sight, she'll toss another 5d4 cold blast at the nearby arbalest orc then go prone.

Further edit: Soalis went to J10 last time she tossed a winter blast, so she'd be there now.

Also, to everyone else: Soalis has a 10 cold damage per round plus 1d6 nonlethal no-one can do see anything or use ranged attacks scroll. At least unless someone dispels it, as it's only CL 11 and these guys seem to have some way of making concentration checks. It would hit everything, as it would have 880' range and 1100' radius. Also, it would make stuff slippery. If she's using it she needs a round first to cast resist energy cold, ideally. Perhaps we have this under control, but I'm getting the feeling it's getting close to time to use it.

Also, sorry about the call avalanche not working so well on these guys. I was counting on DC 25 strength checks just to start digging and then a slow digging process. Perhaps I'll save the 5th level spell slots for 12th level when I can put in something else, possibly flash frost boreal winds for 13d4+8 damage per round if I can't think of anything better.

Chimaera
2014-08-21, 09:12 PM
Is there line of sight between Soalis and one of the shamans? If so, she's going prone and casting resist energy (fire).

Edit: I'm thinking there isn't because the city walls are higher than the buildings. If there isn't line of sight, she'll toss another 5d4 cold blast at the nearby arbalest orc then go prone.

The shamans got no line of sight to you.

Chimaera
2014-08-22, 12:39 PM
@Business: i need you to roll 3 Will saves vs. Stun to know if birdboy hit the ground or not :smallbiggrin:

Further edit: Soalis went to J10 last time she tossed a winter blast, so she'd be there now.

Also, to everyone else: Soalis has a 10 cold damage per round plus 1d6 nonlethal no-one can do see anything or use ranged attacks scroll. At least unless someone dispels it, as it's only CL 11 and these guys seem to have some way of making concentration checks. It would hit everything, as it would have 880' range and 1100' radius. Also, it would make stuff slippery. If she's using it she needs a round first to cast resist energy cold, ideally. Perhaps we have this under control, but I'm getting the feeling it's getting close to time to use it.

Also, sorry about the call avalanche not working so well on these guys. I was counting on DC 25 strength checks just to start digging and then a slow digging process. Perhaps I'll save the 5th level spell slots for 12th level when I can put in something else, possibly flash frost boreal winds for 13d4+8 damage per round if I can't think of anything better.

Just psot IC to make things real :smalltongue:

Also, do you think that the call avalanche didnt do a good work? Even the brutes who have great strenght are having a hard time to suceed. :smalltongue:

DrK
2014-08-22, 12:49 PM
@Business: i need you to roll 3 Will saves vs. Stun to know if birdboy hit the ground or not :smallbiggrin:

Just psot IC to make things real :smalltongue:

Also, do you think that the call avalanche didnt do a good work? Even the brutes who have great strenght are having a hard time to suceed. :smalltongue:

I think the call avalanche worked well. Means the next two waves (or what's left) will arrive in dribs and drabs where melee types can take them piecemeal and not be overwhelmed.

Beschoren
2014-08-22, 01:42 PM
Sorry I've been away - lots of work

I'll read stuff and post right away

Chimaera
2014-08-22, 02:07 PM
Fauvin will save dc 19
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And to the ground he goes.

Chimaera
2014-08-22, 10:15 PM
Found a minor error on the body count on 3rd Wave and a few other in the total score! :smallredface:

Here's the total score so far:

Fauvin: 27
Syco: 24
Soalis: 22
Jalavian Army: 18
Aenghir: 13
Kanhantar: 3 (Second down)
El Enganador: 2
Neitha-Guruth: 0 (First blood)

Also, reminding that once the 3rdwave is completely taken down the 3rd round winner get his bonus ability.
In case of a tie, the player who kill the last one getthe bonus.

DrK
2014-08-23, 12:47 AM
Slow and steady will come through in the end...
Plus ranged attack :smallwink:

Chimaera
2014-08-23, 01:38 AM
And with a whirlwind attack Aenghir kill all three brutes around him!

raspberrybadger
2014-08-23, 01:50 AM
Ok, this bastion clearly isn’t secure enough. Time for a thorn wall scroll, 90 minute duration. No save, no SR.

25-AC damage to all in it, where dodge and dex bonus doesn’t count as AC. Touching it or trying to move in it means you take that damage again. Trying to move in it is a full round action, with DC 25 strength check to move 5’, or DC 30 to move 10’, etc.

Can Soalis make an arch with the thorn wall? As in, have some of her 10’ by 10’ by 5’ blocks be 10’ be from 10’ up to 20’ up, so as to connect the two sides of the route out of the bastion?

I so she’s filling nearly all the bastion with 10’ high thorn wall, except

safe spaces j 11-12, i 8-11, j 7-8

so thorn wall squares everything else:

e-h 7-12, i 12, i 7, j 9-10

Those would need to be connected by thorn wall from 10’ up to 20’ up, j 7-10 i 7-8 h-i 12

If that’s not legal:

Can Soalis toss boreal winds through a 5’ gap in a wall that’s right in front of her, and still have them come out 20’ afterwards? I’m figuring not, so that takes crenelation right out of the picture. If that doesn’t work either, the wall would need to be something like

e-i 7, e 8-10, ef 11-12 (6) gh 12 d 10-13 (making the rampart + thorns wall there 15’ high) e-h 13 (also 15’ high) (9) gh 14 twice, to get down into the ditch, i-l 14 filling in the ditch so it comes up to the height of the rampart (13) l 8-13 also filling in the ditch (16), fg 10, gh 11 because I’ve got some left over. This also has the advantage of making it impossible to use 10’ reach on her from outside of the bastion.

If that’s still too crazy, I’ll come up with some variation on the first option that doesn't need an arch.

Also, note that I think her shield spell is still up, so her AC is 26.

Chimaera
2014-08-23, 11:53 AM
Posted.
@raspberrybadger: The map dont show where the Wall of Thorns occupy the same space as the enemies, but once they die I'l put it there (so dont you think I forgot :smallwink:)

raspberrybadger
2014-08-23, 04:13 PM
All of f and g are covered in thorns too. The spell at CL 9 had the same area as the bastion, 36 5' squares (technically 18 5' by 10' rectangles), except I used 8 squares of that to not cover that clear path and instead connect the two sides of the clear path by putting some of the thorns up above, at altitude 10' to 20'.

Chimaera
2014-08-23, 04:16 PM
All of f and g are covered in thorns too. The spell at CL 9 had the same area as the bastion, 36 5' squares (technically 18 5' by 10' rectangles), except I used 8 squares of that to not cover that clear path and instead connect the two sides of the clear path by putting some of the thorns up above, at altitude 10' to 20'.

Ok! Will edit it on my next post which is coming soon.

raspberrybadger
2014-08-23, 11:07 PM
Is there clear line of sight to the remaining necro? It seems sort of a waste to use a boreal wind on him.

Also, I don't think I ever made that DC 18 spellcraft check you asked for, [roll0]

Chimaera
2014-08-24, 12:44 AM
Is there clear line of sight to the remaining necro? It seems sort of a waste to use a boreal wind on him.

Also, I don't think I ever made that DC 18 spellcraft check you asked for, [roll0]

Therr are two orc necro.
They cast Undead Torch Spell to melt the snow and get rid of your avalanche.

DrK
2014-08-24, 12:56 AM
How far are the necros from Aenghir?

raspberrybadger
2014-08-24, 05:28 AM
The map has one at f 42, one at V 40, and Aenghir at G 24, so 180' away and 115' away. There's lots of orcs in between for the first one, and just one in between for the second one. I can't take both under fire at the same time. If I understand correctly though they melted pretty much all the snow between us and them.

Chimaera
2014-08-24, 11:01 AM
The map has one at f 42, one at V 40, and Aenghir at G 24, so 180' away and 115' away. There's lots of orcs in between for the first one, and just one in between for the second one. I can't take both under fire at the same time. If I understand correctly though they melted pretty much all the snow between us and them.

They melted the snow around them only.

How far are the necros from Aenghir?

What raspberry said :smallsmile:

raspberrybadger
2014-08-24, 12:43 PM
They melted the snow around them only.

Ok, good thing I checked. Now I'm having problems visualizing the situation. Are they at the bottom of 20' holes in an avalanche, and thus lacking line of sight from us to them and from them to us? Are they at the top of the avalanche? Some possibility I just haven't thought of?

Chimaera
2014-08-24, 01:55 PM
Ok, good thing I checked. Now I'm having problems visualizing the situation. Are they at the bottom of 20' holes in an avalanche, and thus lacking line of sight from us to them and from them to us? Are they at the top of the avalanche? Some possibility I just haven't thought of?

They melted their way out of tje snow and are now standing on it.

Chimaera
2014-08-25, 01:26 PM
@DrK: are you sure your shield bash damage is correct?
Was checking the spells on you and I think your damage output is a little messed.

Greater Mighty Wallop
As mighty wallop, except that the bludgeoning melee weapon damage increases by one size category for every four caster levels you have, to a maximum of five size categories or up to an effective size of Colossal.
For a Small weapon that increases by more than one size category, begin by referring to the table in the mighty wallop spell description.
Once the weapon has been adjusted to an effective size of Medium, or if it was already a Medium or larger weapon, refer to Table 2-2: Increasing Damage by Weapon Size (DMG 28).

And looking at the table...

http://i.imgur.com/AjkTGMO.png

2d6 > 2d8 > 3d8 > 4d8 > 6d8 > 8d8, not 12d6.
Please correct that.

Also, a map for you :smallsmile:
http://i.imgur.com/l6JHw8f.jpg

raspberrybadger
2014-08-25, 01:28 PM
Soalis is standing and readying an action to hit the western necromancer with a boreal wind when he casts. It should hit the brute north of him too, and possibly part of the next wave if they are coming in along that axis.

DC 24 Fort save, CL 12, 30' knockback, 12d4 cold damage, and acts as a gust of wind that knocks stuff down, and throws stinging sand at people.

Somehow I get the feeling that letting these guys cast would be a bad thing.

Chimaera
2014-08-26, 04:45 PM
Here comes a new challenger.
Show yourself Sønderjye :smallwink:

(posted on ic by mistake :smallbiggrin:)

Sønderjye
2014-08-26, 05:27 PM
Hey guys.
I have been so lucky that Chim invited me to this game.
I will be playing a beefy wood elf weaponthrower who basicly got too drunk yesterday to notice all the fighting.

Chimaera
2014-08-26, 05:46 PM
@Sonderjye: Will be posting to you soon!
(Dont know how to make the o + / from your name, hope you dont mind :smallsmile:)

Sønderjye
2014-08-26, 06:01 PM
Sounds good.
To my knowledge it is a letter only found in scandinavian languages so I doubt that non-scandinavian contry keyboards are even able to make it :smallsmile:
That is me saying I'm not offended :smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2014-08-26, 06:09 PM
Sounds good.
To my knowledge it is a letter only found in scandinavian languages so I doubt that non-scandinavian contry keyboards are even able to make it :smallsmile:
That is me saying I'm not offended :smallbiggrin:

I'm sure there's a command to do it, but since I have no idea it will be exchanged by a simple o.

Posted for you.

Will need your character sheet so i can post in the OP.
(I dleted all my PMs including the one with the link :smallbiggrin: )