PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other I need help determining a price for these magic items

Jon_Dahl
2014-08-02, 03:06 AM
Nightcap

When using this cap, the caster is exempted from the following rule regarding daily spell preparation:
If her rest is interrupted, each interruption adds 1 hour to the total amount of time she has to rest in order to clear her mind, and she must have at least 1 hour of uninterrupted rest immediately prior to preparing her spells.

Faint transmutation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, sleep; Price ? gp.

Slippers of the Planes

When wearing these slippers, you appear 5 to 500 centimeters (5d%) from your intended destination instead of miles. You can use these slippers twice a day. The slippers only work if the caster is wearing the slippers.

Faint conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, plane shift; Price ? gp.

The Pin of Fabolous Hints

Activating this pin is swift action. You may request a hint from the Dungeon Master that will help you in your current situation. You may not word the request. The Dungeon Master will evaluate your situation and give his or her best piece of advice to you, using his/her off-game knowledge to the best of his/her ability. The advice should not be more than a few sentences. You can use this pin once per day.

Faint divination; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, divination; Price ? gp.

Kamai
2014-08-03, 02:24 PM
Slippers of the Planes: You're basically treating your teleports as Greater Teleports. I would probably put it at 11,000 gp. In a sense, these shoes are a +2 metamagic rod, but with only 2 charges and working on one specific spell. I know that this doesn't get some of the effects of Greater Teleport, but I'm not sure it's really less effects than a metamagiced spell loses as compared to a true spell 2 levels higher.

Pin of Fabulous Hints: Might as well be a 1/day divination. Maybe put it at 12,000 since it gives more reliable information than Divination?

Nightcap: It helps a low level problem that's a smaller scope than the Ring of Sustenance. I would put this somewhere at 900-1100 gp to put it within a 3rd-4th level character's WBL, keeping in mind that this problem can be completely solved by level 6 (Lesser rod of Extend on Rope Trick).