PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Domain Help Needed!

cecil1994
2014-08-02, 10:42 AM
Here's how it is.

My character (a tiefling named Lucifer) is currently sitting at level 5 Pistolero Gunslinger, and he's very happy with it. My GM ruled I get dex to damage twice (I didn't trick her or anything, but there's a long story behind it), so my damage is more than competent.

Because of my high dex and wis, I am pretty much set on the path of the Inquisitor. I've planned everything out- he'll be a Heretic Preacher, his first judgement will be Justice, and even his first spells have been chosen. (Divine Favor and Shield of Faith, if you're curious). But the one thing I can't decide on is domain. I looked at Night + Loss (in our campaign, we can combine subdomains), but to be honest I have enough stealth powers to get away without the partial invisibility, and blind-fight isn't ideal.

So, I need advice. What's an excellent domain(or inquisition) for Lucifer, and why?

cecil1994
2014-08-02, 02:49 PM
Note- I have already looked into Black Powder Inquisition, and most of it is useless with my current build. And the bit the bit that isn't might as well be, cause it doesn't do anything.

So yeah. Don't suggest that.

TarkXT
2014-08-04, 09:55 AM
Trying to understand everything.

Are you getting two domains? Inquisitors only normally get one.

Personally I would go with Heroism. It's one of the few ranged friendly domains outside of Feather which would be my first choice.

cecil1994
2014-08-07, 11:21 PM
Trying to understand everything.

Are you getting two domains? Inquisitors only normally get one.

Personally I would go with Heroism. It's one of the few ranged friendly domains outside of Feather which would be my first choice.

Woah- sorry for not responding, I'd given up on this thread.

And I'm only getting one- I was talking combing the changes made from both loss and night. (That's irrelevant now though- my current choice is Travel).

With regards to the domains you suggested-

Heroism? Nope. The aura is the only good thing I get out of the trade. (Touching people to buff/debuff is not what my character does in combat, and I obviously don't channel energy).

Feather? Maybe. I'd love an animal companion. The problem? It's too underleveled. Remember, I have FIVE levels in gunslinger- putting my AC at 8 levels behind. Even with boon companion, it won't be powerful enough to be worth a feat and a domain. Are there any other ways to bump up a companion?

ibtfu
2014-08-08, 04:34 AM
How about Tactics SubDomain? Seize the Initiative is level independent.

cecil1994
2014-08-08, 11:20 AM
How about Tactics SubDomain? Seize the Initiative is level independent.

The Tactics subdomain is certainly delicious. However, I can only use it once per combat- meaning that with my 20 Wis, it's wasted, as I will never have 8 combats per day.

It certainly is an option though. Which do you think is better: Tactics or Travel?

ibtfu
2014-08-08, 11:38 AM
The Tactics subdomain is certainly delicious. However, I can only use it once per combat- meaning that with my 20 Wis, it's wasted, as I will never have 8 combats per day.

It certainly is an option though. Which do you think is better: Tactics or Travel?

I like Tactics better. Yeah you're not using it 8 times a day, but neither is a cleric.

cecil1994
2014-08-08, 02:35 PM
I like Tactics better. Yeah you're not using it 8 times a day, but neither is a cleric.

Fair enough.

To be honest though, I still prefer Travel to it due to increased mobility. But tactics is still an option.

ibtfu
2014-08-09, 02:00 AM
Fair enough.

To be honest though, I still prefer Travel to it due to increased mobility. But tactics is still an option.

Well, the movement bonus can be gained through Boots of Striding which only cost 5500 gp or 2750 with Craft Wondrous Item. Is there any such option for replacing the Tactics Subdomain power? Even if you couldn't get the boots, it's incredibly valuable for your party's battlefield controller/debuffer to basically auto-win initiative.

cecil1994
2014-08-09, 10:57 AM
Well, the movement bonus can be gained through Boots of Striding which only cost 5500 gp or 2750 with Craft Wondrous Item. Is there any such option for replacing the Tactics Subdomain power? Even if you couldn't get the boots, it's incredibly valuable for your party's battlefield controller/debuffer to basically auto-win initiative.

The thing is, my party is horribly unoptimized and doesn't have a real battlefield-control type character. There's me- the ranged DPS. I kill most of the stuff. Then, we have a switch-hitter ranger- in the beginning, his damage was close to mine. But then he missed a few sessions and I got Gun Training, he's still useful however. Then, we have a beatstick antipaladin, ANOTHER RANGER, WHO USES A HEAVY CROSSBOW FOR SOME REASON, and a healbot cleric. So, if I was going to use the Tactics ability, it would likely be on me or the first ranger. And I have a +10 initiative bonus, so is basically always go first anyways.

Maybe you're right. But I am the party scout- I have great stealth and perception, so I'd like to get the third part of a scout- mobility.