PDA

View Full Version : BadPhilosophy Campaign 1

Pages : [1] 2

atnorman
2014-08-02, 12:14 PM
This is an Eberron campaign for the badphilosophy subreddit. The current makeup of the party is:

Henri, the CG Human Beguiler, the apocalyptic street preacher who proclaims the doom of this world is at hand due to technology.

Rigoberta, the CG Frog Seer, the most beautiful frog in the world, brought to intelligence by a mad druid.

Tyrus Von Hammersmark, the LG Human Archivist, a theologian in service of the Church of the Silver Flame, dedicated to purging evil from the land

Do-Ra, the NG Changeling Factotum, an experiment by House Thurranni gone horribly right, with the fusion of the Dragonmark of Shadows to an unborn changeling. He's now on the run from his former creators.

Grippilin Tippilin, the CG Gnome Factotum, [backstory not yet stated]

Fargus, the CG Goblin Bard, a former slave for Gnolls, he is determined to eradicate every one he meets.

Ragar Flagar, the NG Half-Orc Monk, [backstory not yet stated]

The campaign begins on an Orien Caravan heading for Siyar from Flamekeep. Tyrus Von Hammersmark has been sent by the Church to deal with some complaints coming from the local Priest about events occurring in his parish that he's simply too busy to deal with. On his way to the Caravan, he wandered across a crazy street preacher for the Sovereign Host. He engaged in a theological debate, and lost track of time. A short while later a nearby clocktower rang out that he was about to miss his caravan. He made his goodbyes and apologized to the preacher as he hurried away. Unfortunately, this wasn't acceptable to Henri, who stowed away on the caravan to continue the discussion.

In their wagon, there's also a great brute of a half-orc with red hair obviously bored who's looking around impatiently, a gnome picking his left hand fingernails with a blade that's attached to his other wrist, two hooded figures who are keeping to themselves, and a frog who's sitting silently and inconspicuously at the bottom of the wagon.

(Feel free to talk to each other)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-02, 03:17 PM
Tyrus looks around, nodding at his traveling companions.

"So....." He begins, a little hesitantly, "Did one of you let their familiar loose, or do we have a stowaway frog in the wagon?"

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-02, 03:23 PM
"Aye Tyrus, we do." Says one of the men in hoods. he slides the cloth back to reveal a generic looking human face with dark hair and pale eyes. "Long time no see my friend. Still haven't gotten over your compulsion of stating the obvious I see. How have you been?"

Waytfm
2014-08-02, 04:31 PM
"Why are ya makin' such a big deal about a little frog? Just toss the warty thing outside if you're so scared of it," the great orc said. turning his head slightly to face Tyrus.

Waldorfww
2014-08-02, 05:49 PM
Little Rigoberta clasped her psicrystal with her four limbs. No one could see it under her body.
"I ain't no 'lil frog', mistuh big feet! Y'all talkin' 'bout a strong, independent toad!", she cried.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-02, 05:54 PM
"Eternal Flame!" announced an astounded Tyrus.

"An old friend, and a talking toad!" He then nods towards her. "I'm Tyrus. Theologian of the Silver Flame." and extends a hand, then thinks better of it.

Waldorfww
2014-08-02, 06:33 PM
"I'm Rigoberta. I be trainin' da powuh of da mind. Real good powuh, I tell ya. I'd shake your hand if I could, you silly thing."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-02, 07:23 PM
Henri stifles a yawn as he wakes up underneath a canvas tarp. As the other inhabitants of the wagon seem to be introducing themselves, he waits for a lull in the conversation before climbing out from the tarp and announcing his presence. An awkward silence follows a frog toad introducing herself.

"Well met, Rigoberta," says Henri after he pulls the tarp away. "I am Henri. Might I ask how a talking toad found her way into this wagon? Von Hammersmark here told me that this was a religious journey and toads don't seem the type to concern themselves with the divine. No offense."

Waldorfww
2014-08-02, 08:02 PM
"You better think 'bout what you sayin' 'bout dem toads", replied Rigoberta. "It's kinda right, though. But I ain't no common toad. This theo-whatsitsname you got goin' on is real interesting for me. I'll be honest with you though, sleepy guy: I like jumpin' on wagons n'seeing where dey go. First time someone notices me, too. Gotta congratulate your Golden Fire buddy."

"Stop talking to strangers, Rigoberta". Her Psicrystal wasn't very talkative - but he liked to scold her whenever she did risky things. "Do you want these religious zealots to eat you alive, dear? Because I know for a fact that some humans do like eating frog for dinner". Rigoberta ignored the male voice in her head.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-02, 08:32 PM
Looking at Rigoberta reminds Henri of his favorite delicacy before becoming an impoverished street preacher: frog legs. He grabs an apple from inside his well-worn robes.

"This is my first in a long while," says Henri between bites, "but I've done my fair share of wagon hopping. Haven't seen many toads though." Turning towards Tyrus: "Congrats on finding a toad. But I do hope you realize that this can only be another sign of The Flood. As I was explaining earlier, Nature knows what is coming and is preparing. After humans have drowned in our sins, her sentient toads and fish will reign over the world."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-02, 08:55 PM
Tyrus laughs.

"There are many strange things in the world, friend! The frog is strange, but hardly evidence for your ever approaching eschaton."

He then grows more serious...

"Besides, were there some truly divine portend of the end, would it not be trumped from all corners of the world by those who follow the sovereign host?"

HighSalinity
2014-08-02, 10:00 PM
The gnome blinks as if he just started listening to the conversation. He closes his blade with a flick of his wrist and leans forward.

"Er, actually, toads need to breathe air, so if the humans have all drowned, the toads have all drowned too."

He looks around as if he's waiting for someone to agree with him, but then sits back against the bench. Then promptly leans forward again.

"And yeah, what's this about all you people drowning?"

Waytfm
2014-08-02, 10:36 PM
"Some silly superstition, I'm sure." Ragar scoffed. He turned to look at the crazy preacher. "Your type is a dime a dozen in any large city. Fearmongerers seeking some scant profit off of the guilable. Or simply the insane." Ragar leaned forward. "Which type are you?"

touchofgray
2014-08-02, 11:23 PM
"He sounds sane enough to me."

The smaller hooded figure leans forward a bit, sliding his hood back, revealing the yellow-green face of a goblin with blue eyes and white hair.

"Though I'm about as ignorant as the gnome on the whole subject."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-03, 12:06 AM
Tyrus holds his hand up, and says to Ragnar

"Reasonable people can come to seemingly mad solutions. I've spoken at some length with Henri. His ideas are strange, but he's not a common grifter. By my measure at least."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-03, 12:17 AM
A Wide smile spreads across Do-Ra's bringing a new light and sharpness to an other wide unremarkable figure. "It has been a long time since I have traveled with such an interesting party. But let us hold off on the insults and veiled threats until we introduce ourselves, then at least our quips will hold traction. My name is Do-Ra, a human wanderer on another leg of an endless journey."

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 01:31 AM
Ragnar exhales and fixes his gaze on Do-Ra.

"High functioning insanity is alright, I guess. You can call me Ragar. I'm hoping to find something in Siyar."

atnorman
2014-08-03, 11:26 AM
As the conversation progresses, the day begins turning into evening and the caravan begins entering a small forrest. A decision is made to spend the night here, slightly off the road.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-03, 01:16 PM
Do-Ra helps start a fire and throws up a hammock between 2 trees. "I have a little bread and salted meat. Would any one like to share?"

touchofgray
2014-08-03, 01:42 PM
"I wouldn't mind a bite to eat," the goblin responds to Do-Ra.

"My name is Fargus, by the way. You can also call me Farg, or Gus. Whichever suits your fancy. Anything beats 'Hey! You!'"

He takes a seat by the beginnings of the fire, offering assistance.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-03, 02:04 PM
" Of course Gus" Do-Ra says handing him a small portion of food. " I have met many goblins in my journey very few of them travel alone and fewer yet with such motley crews. What brings you this way? "

touchofgray
2014-08-03, 03:45 PM
"I guess you could say I'm on a sort of 'adventure' kick," Fargus says while taking a too-big bite of bread.

"past coupla' years I've been just goin place to place, sleepin' wherever, listening to just about any story anyone was willing to tell. Tellin' a couple myself."

"Though I must say that you civilized folk do come up with some of the crazier ones."

atnorman
2014-08-03, 04:04 PM
Listen:

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

[roll6]

atnorman
2014-08-03, 04:05 PM
Everyone but Henri hears some movement from in the forest (you're parked on the edge).

You also notice that the guards from the caravan are gone.

(Also, the 20 should be 26 on the role)

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 04:09 PM
Ragar's head perks up.

"There something crawling around out there? Did anyone else hear that?"

He stands up and turns in the direction of the sound.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-03, 04:10 PM
"I heard it" begins Tyrus, then stops.... "wait... where are the guards?!"

weaklyineffable
2014-08-03, 04:24 PM
"They were here a moment ago. We should be cautious." Henri reaches for his nearby walking staff. "Where is the sound coming from?"

[atnorman: what is the lighting like?]

atnorman
2014-08-03, 04:26 PM
Low light.

Everyone can hear a rustling coming from the forest.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-03, 04:31 PM
"Who goes there?" Asks Tyrus, rising to look in the direction of the sound

touchofgray
2014-08-03, 05:05 PM
Fargus stands, positioning the fire between himself and the noise in the bushes.

"Maybe it is the guards?"

atnorman
2014-08-03, 05:05 PM
Go ahead and set up your characters in position: https://app.roll20.net/join/468760/fIRxwA

(Do-Ra and Henri are with Rigoberta and Fargus, Tyrus is with Gripplin and Ragar)

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 05:08 PM
Ragar squints into the forest, trying to find the source of the sounds.

Spot: [roll0] (+6, so 12)

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-03, 05:11 PM
Do-Ra. Digs a simitar out of his pack. "Things are probably about to get hairy. If you have a weapon draw it. It is possible that the guards did no so much abandoned as whet the appetite of some foul beast. "

atnorman
2014-08-03, 05:14 PM
"Beast?", You hear a posh Aundarian voice (sounds like a British accent) chime, "How insulting."

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 05:25 PM
"Come out where we can see you. You're making my mighty nervous, creeping around in the darkness."

atnorman
2014-08-03, 05:26 PM
(I'm going to wait until everyone sets up their character)

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-03, 05:49 PM
I lower my sword. "Calm down Ragnar he has yet to do anything that would merit anything but hospitality. I meant no offense mysterious stranger, please if your cold and looking for a warm place to sleep join us by our fire.

Waldorfww
2014-08-03, 07:18 PM
Rigoberta, still standing on her psicrystal, tries to become psionically focused.

[roll0]

HighSalinity
2014-08-03, 08:31 PM
Grippilin moves out behind the wagon, cautiously attempting to stay hidden for the time being.

Hide: (1d20+11)[14]

Let me know if I should make a Move Silently check.

atnorman
2014-08-03, 08:41 PM
(Nah, but you move in front of the wagon on the map)

HighSalinity
2014-08-03, 08:43 PM
(Nah, but you move in front of the wagon on the map)
(Okay, I just wasn't really getting where things were, I thought those six sprites were where the voice was coming from. Needless to say I move to the other side of the wagon from where I hear the voices.)

touchofgray
2014-08-03, 09:44 PM
Fargus unhooks a whip from his belt, holding it at his side, still coiled.

atnorman
2014-08-03, 10:44 PM
(The roll for psionic focus fails, since you need a 20.)

(Henri has moved)

A handsome, dashing man comes strolling out of the forest (thing Westley from Princess Bride). On either side of him are two dumb looking brutes.

"Good evening to you sirs. I'm afraid that this is a robbery. Put your hands up, surrender your valuables, and this will all be over quickly."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-03, 11:09 PM
The dashing beast has been kind enough to stand next to his thugs, making them an easy target for a sleep spell. Henri pulls some pink rose petals out of a small pouch and begins a six-second arcane incantation.

(DC is will 13, 17 for humanoids or monstrous humanoids.)

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 11:10 PM
"Well, this is awkward." Ragar said, as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I don't have any fancy weapons or anything on me right now, and I doubt these other guys really want give up their stuff. I think you're kinda **** out of luck here. Better luck elsewhere."

atnorman
2014-08-03, 11:13 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

And they all fail, collapsing in a heap.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-03, 11:18 PM
A grin breaks on Henri's bearded face.

"Would someone like to collect their weapons so when they come to we can explain to them why they should not use violence to make their way in the world?"

Waytfm
2014-08-03, 11:28 PM
"I knew they didn't actually want any trouble." Ragar says as he walks up to the sleeping would-be bandits. "I have some rope on me. Anyone want to tie them up?"

He reaches the bandits, and begins searching for weapons.

Search:

1d20+1 ( I have no idea why this isn't working. D: ) 7

touchofgray
2014-08-03, 11:35 PM
"Here, I've got some rope as well. I'll tie them up."

Fargus pulls the rope from his pack and begins tying up the bandits.

use rope check: (13+5)[18]

atnorman
2014-08-03, 11:37 PM
You find on the swashbuckler a rapier and dagger, as well as studded leather armor. The warriors both have battle axes and leather armor. You also find a total of 20 gold pieces, 7 silver, and 31 bronze.

atnorman
2014-08-03, 11:38 PM
They are firmly fastened.

touchofgray
2014-08-04, 12:01 AM
"So..." Fargus starts, shortly after checking his completed knots.

"What should we do with 'em?"

Waldorfww
2014-08-04, 06:13 AM
"Deese boys don't know who they messin' with!", Rigoberta muttered.

She felt bad for not being able to help, so she tried to become focused again, just in case.

[roll0]

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 08:14 AM
"Well, we can't just let them go... they'll surely try and rob less prepared travelers. Let's take them with us. We can pass them off to the law first chance we get."

HighSalinity
2014-08-04, 08:24 AM
"Mmh, works for me," says Grippilin. "Interesting tactics though, attacking a group twice their size while everyone's still awake. Guess they figured we were just a bunch of peasants."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 09:16 AM
"Well... I'm glad to find myself in such competent company. Thank you all." Says Tyrus looking around at the party.

"Henri, you never told me you were a spell caster" He adds, with a grin.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 10:23 AM
"Most likely these guys fancy them selves some sort of robber Barron. Chances are there is a reward for their capture. Lets through them on the cart and hand them off as Tyrus suggests. On the other hand they probably have a camp somewhere close by with at least some of the stolen goods. We could wait for them to come around and then I could trick them into giving me the location. "

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 11:30 AM
"It never came up," Henri says to Tyrus with a shrug. "But I agree we should take them along with us. If we left them here they'd return to banditry or else be victims of other bandits." He turns towards Do-Ra. "Do you think they have friends at camp? Surely they would've brought them along."

atnorman
2014-08-04, 11:35 AM
The bandits begin to slowly come to.

The leader of the caravan stops cowering under a wagon and walks over to you. "But where are my guards?", he whines.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 12:28 PM
"What about it?" Tyrus asks the groggy bandits. "What happened to our guards?"

atnorman
2014-08-04, 12:46 PM
"We... We knocked them out, in the woods. They're not dead."

Waytfm
2014-08-04, 12:57 PM
"I'll go try and round up the guards. Someone watch my back? I don't trust there not to be more bandits lying in wait." Ragar said.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 12:58 PM
"He turns towards Do-Ra. "Do you think they have friends at camp? Surely they would've brought them along."

"Better safe than sorry. I am not familiar enough with this area to know for sure" I then turn to follow the half orc. "I'll come along" Do-Ra trades his simitar for the bandits rapier and shrug off his cloak

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 01:04 PM
Henri holds up a hand. "Wait. This story doesn't add up. These three incompetent clowns manage to stealthily take down the guards but then just walk up to us? Let's not just walk into an ambush." Henri turns towards the hapless bandits and asks, "What is really going on here?"

Sense motive: 1d20+5 I don't know how to do this. I rolled a physical d20 and got 10+5 = 15.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 01:15 PM
Do-Ra Pauses and watches the bandit while he answers
[roll0] (sense motive)

atnorman
2014-08-04, 01:25 PM
They seem sincere. You feel like they might have underestimated the group.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 01:37 PM
"Look" Do-Ra says crouching in front of the leader. " we can do this the easy way or the hard way. My friends and I need to know where your camp is so we can make sure we are not going jumped in the middle of the night. no knowing this would make us very anxious and if big green and grumpy here" He points to the half orc "doesn't get his beauty sleep... well lets just say we better hope the reward for you is a dead or alive bounty. So do you think you could find it within yourself to not underestimate us twice and work with us this time." Do-ra breaks out his most brilliant smile
[roll0] bluff ([to gm]I am using bluff because I don't actually have any intention of hurting him but if you want me to use intimidate instead let me know)

edit: a 10 means i got a 1 which means i get -9 to the roll under house rules for a final roll of 1

atnorman
2014-08-04, 02:08 PM
They don't seem particularly helpful.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 02:11 PM
"Let's go find the guards and then we can worry about searching for their camp. Ragar and Do-Ra, I'll go with you to look for the guards in case there are more of them out there, but I'm not any good at woodcraft. Does anyone know how to follow tracks?"

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 02:21 PM
Tyrus shakes his head.

"I've never not lived in a city. Perhaps a few should stay in the camp in case there really are others who might try to free their brothers?"

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 02:23 PM
"****" Do-Ra gets up." I am no ranger , but i have a bit of survival training let me take a look and see if i can find the start of the trail." Do -Ra Takes a branch form the fire as a torch and heads over to where the guards where last seen.

1d20+8 (search for guards tracks) [i don't have the track feat so i can only attempt to follow the trail if the dc is 10 or lower]

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 02:35 PM
[roll0] (the other roll did not go off)

Waldorfww
2014-08-04, 02:59 PM
"I'll stay here."

Rigoberta looked at the bandits. She telepathically ordered her psicrystal to activate it's self-propulsion and get her closer to the would-be thieves. So it did, with its eight thin ectoplasmic legs

"You too cute for a bandit, son". The clique looked like it would be easily remembered by townfolk, what with them being a symmetric group of one handsome "prince of thieves" and his two ugly henchmen. In fact, she might have "seen" them before when doing divination for some random commoner!

[I'll roll Psychic Knowledge, perhaps it will give some insight as to whether there are more guys with them. If what I'm doing is wrong ignore it and move on, sorry.]

[roll0]

atnorman
2014-08-04, 03:11 PM
You find the tracks, they weren't exactly difficult to follow. Following them you come upon three knocked out guards, though you remember there being four. (Make a spot check)

Rigoberta, you seen convinced that there are only three of them. They seem fairly incompetent, it seems the only way they beat the guards is the element of surprise in the forest.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 03:14 PM
Spot: [roll0]

atnorman
2014-08-04, 03:17 PM
So can see markings as if a guard has been dragged off by something. You can also see some animal tracks pulling it away.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 03:18 PM
Spot: [roll0]
[moving edit sorry]

atnorman
2014-08-04, 03:19 PM
You can see it too.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 03:20 PM
Back at the camp, Tyrus pulls up a log next to their captain.

"So... why are you living a life of banditry?" He asks. "You don't strike me as... particularly worn down by a hard life."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 03:22 PM
survival to identify animal [roll0]
"Double ****"

atnorman
2014-08-04, 03:28 PM
"Are you trying to evangelize to us, sir?" asks the Swashbuckler.

(That's a no on the survival check)

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 03:31 PM
"I don't know what it is that dragged him away but i think we should go and see if we can help. if he is already eviscerated and organless we can pick up the body tomorrow, but there might still be a chance."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 03:34 PM
Tyrus is taken aback.

"What? No. I mean... not actively anyway. I... uhh... I like adventure stories. I thought the dashing forest bandit might care to share his."

He then cracks a smile

"Though, if you'd rather, I can tell you all about how evil actions intersect with good motivation according to the Church of the Silver Flame..."

atnorman
2014-08-04, 03:46 PM
"Not such a good idea. These two won't understand it, and I won't particularly care."

Do you follow the tracks Do-Ra?

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 03:50 PM
Only if i have my brawny back up, but i think that that is a yes.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 04:00 PM
Tyrus rolls his eyes.

"You're not going anywhere for a while, stranger and I see no reason why we can't be friendly. At least give me your name."

atnorman
2014-08-04, 04:01 PM
He hesitates, before saying "Brandon."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 04:03 PM
Only if i have my brawny back up, but i think that that is a yes.I can't speak for Ragar (presumably the brawny in the brawny backup), but Henri is in favor of following the tracks.

Waldorfww
2014-08-04, 04:40 PM
"Brandon, huh? Well, I haven't seen any of you before. I ain't surprised, you ain't no evil mastermind, pretty pie!".

atnorman
2014-08-04, 04:49 PM
Brandon is visibly slightly repulsed.

HighSalinity
2014-08-04, 05:27 PM
Grippilin says "Hold on, I'll see if I can find out what made these tracks, then go with you unless I'm needed."

(Knowledge-nature check. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a work animal.)

[roll0]
[roll1]
(I can't see what these are until I'm on a computer.)

atnorman
2014-08-04, 06:29 PM
(You did that twice, but I'll take the first one)

It looks like a bear.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 06:49 PM
Tyrus chuckles again,

"I guess you don't see talking frogs too often, eh? I'm Tyrus, by the way. How long you been in the banditry trade?"

atnorman
2014-08-04, 07:39 PM
"It's the discourse, not the frog itself. I've been doing this sort of thing for a few years now."

HighSalinity
2014-08-04, 08:35 PM
(You did that twice, but I'll take the first one)

It looks like a bear.

(Racial feat. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-stone--82/trivial-knowledge--2972/) Sorry I wasn't clear about that.)

"Well, it looks like a bear took that guard... Which, if I know wild animals, means that he's probably not in good shape right now. Bears don't tend to keep hostages."

Grippilin gestures to Ragar, Henri, and Do-Ra.

"Gentlemen, if you're interesting in bringing back something for his widow, I'll accompany you. I'd imagine you can never have too much backup against a bear."

He shrugs, recalling what he can of his Bear Lore.

"At least it's not a dire bear. In addition to being humongous, they like to use their natural weapons."

(If you guys don't appreciate metahumor, I'll shut up.)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-04, 08:47 PM
"It's the discourse, not the frog itself. I've been doing this sort of thing for a few years now."

"Hey, look at that, we're both new to our jobs!" Announced Tyrus. "So, what was it? The thrill of the open road? The urge to become a legend? Can't stand life at home? What makes a man turn to banditry?"

Waytfm
2014-08-04, 08:52 PM
"Let's go and look for the missing guard. At the very least find out if he's actually dead." Ragar says to Do-Ra.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 08:57 PM
Henri nods. "I agree. Let's make haste. If we delay, we will find him mauled and eaten."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 08:57 PM
Do-Ra gives Gripplin the faintest of smiles and nods. "I am not to keen to tangle with a bear. I am for a cautious foray. If we are camping in bear territory we should know where it is and if there is more than one. being ambushed by an incompetent bandit is one thing but a couple tons of rampaging bear in the middle of the night is quite another. if we have to fight we fight, but let us try not to bloody our blades."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 08:59 PM
"Off we go then"

move silently: [roll0]

weaklyineffable
2014-08-04, 09:02 PM
Henri follows after Do-Ra.

Move silently: [roll0]

HighSalinity
2014-08-04, 09:18 PM
Grippilin takes up the middle of the pack. His small stature lends itself well to sneaking.

[roll0]

atnorman
2014-08-04, 09:46 PM
"Oh, this and that." The bandit does not seem keen in discussing this subject.

The rest of you sneak gradually towards the direction of the prints. You find a dead body, with some chunks of flesh torn out, and you think it's the guard. It's a little too disfigured to tell. The tracks continue onwards if you wish to follow them.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-04, 10:14 PM
yes

Do-Ra curls his nose slightly at the sight of the guard.

HighSalinity
2014-08-05, 08:12 AM
Grippilin is not sure what kind of bear drags away an unconscious guard and then leaves him alone in a condition like this. He hopes they won't run into an angry druid when they continue on.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-05, 01:55 PM
"What do you think, Madame Frog, any guess as to why this pretty boy is out here?" asks Tyrus to Rigoberta.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-05, 02:18 PM
Henri takes a few steps to a nearby bush and vomits. When he finishes, he wipes off the few dripples from around his mouth and walks back to the group. "Should we press on, Grippilin?" he asks. "This fellow is beyond help but I don't think we want a bear around while we camp for the night. Probably not safe to trust the caravan guards to keep a good watch. On the other hand, we don't want one of the other three to be dragged off by another bear while we track this one down."

Waldorfww
2014-08-05, 02:43 PM
"What do you think, Madame Frog, any guess as to why this pretty boy is out here?" asks Tyrus to Rigoberta.

"I don't have no clue, God-boy. I've gazed into the unknown, and didn't see this Brandene guy staring back. Don't need to be no Seer to see that his destiny is preeeeeetty sh*tty, so that's that. "

atnorman
2014-08-05, 03:39 PM
At this the bandit does a half smile, as if he knows something that he's not going to tell you about.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-05, 03:47 PM
"You... have a different expectation of your destiny? Thats a lot of confidence coming from someone whose whole crew got beaten by a cavalcade of travelers." Says Tyrus, taking notice of the half smile. "Right now, I can't imagine you'll be making it into any bardsongs about banditry."

Waytfm
2014-08-05, 04:08 PM
Henri takes a few steps to a nearby bush and vomits. When he finishes, he wipes off the few dripples from around his mouth and walks back to the group. "Should we press on, Grippilin?" he asks. "This fellow is beyond help but I don't think we want a bear around while we camp for the night. Probably not safe to trust the caravan guards to keep a good watch. On the other hand, we don't want one of the other three to be dragged off by another bear while we track this one down."

"Hmm. I think it would be better to head back to camp. We can keep watch there as well. I'd much rather face the bear in a place we're familiar with." Ragar said.

HighSalinity
2014-08-05, 04:13 PM
"Hmm. I think it would be better to head back to camp. We can keep watch there as well. I'd much rather face the bear in a place we're familiar with." Ragar said.

"I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps we can ask the highwaymen about the wildlife in these woods. Maybe there's something strange going on here, or maybe they know if there's a druid creeping around. At the very least, let's bring the body or something on it back for a positive ID."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-05, 11:40 PM
"I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps we can ask the highwaymen about the wildlife in these woods. Maybe there's something strange going on here, or maybe they know if there's a druid creeping around. At the very least, let's bring the body or something on it back for a positive ID."

Do-Ra will follow the group and help carry the unconscious guards back.

touchofgray
2014-08-06, 03:07 AM
Fargus takes his seat back near the fire

"Who knows?" He chimes in.

"Perhaps someday we'll tell stories of his foolishness"

weaklyineffable
2014-08-06, 04:35 PM
Do-Ra will follow the group and help carry the unconscious guards back.It seems we all agree on returning to the unconscious guards and then to the camp. Between the four of us we should be able to easily carry/drag the three guards.

atnorman
2014-08-06, 05:31 PM
You have no difficulty dragging the guards back to the camp.

The head of the caravan hurries over to you, "Where's Eric? Is he....?"

HighSalinity
2014-08-06, 05:53 PM
You have no difficulty dragging the guards back to the camp.

The head of the caravan hurries over to you, "Where's Eric? Is he....?"

"If this is him, then a bear got him. Which means our chat with these brigands is about to get a little less amicable than it appears to have been thus far,"

Grippilin says, noting that the bound men don't look as though they've been roughed up too much since he left the camp.

atnorman
2014-08-06, 06:46 PM
The Swashbuckler overhears this. "That isn't our handiwork, I swear. We just knocked them out."

touchofgray
2014-08-06, 07:28 PM
The Swashbuckler overhears this. "That isn't our handiwork, I swear. We just knocked them out."

"That's obvious enough. You don't need to convince us that a simple bandit and his two mindless grunts have no control over the wild beasts of the forests. However, I'm fairly certain that had you not knocked out our guards and left them helpless in the forest, our good friend..."

Fargus glances to the head of the caravan, "Eric, was it?"

He continues, "Would still be seated by a warm fire sharing stories with new acquaintances instead of eviscerated by an animal twice his size."

atnorman
2014-08-06, 07:52 PM
"Oh don't worry" titters d'Orien. "I'll make sure that they are brought to the justice that House Orien demands."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-06, 08:16 PM
Tyrus looks apprehensively at the bandits, and then at d'Orien.

"The should be punished for banditry and nothing more. The death was an accident, not their intention."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-06, 08:45 PM
"Oh don't worry" titters d'Orien. "I'll make sure that they are brought to the justice that House Orien demands."

"Out of curiousity," asks Henri, "what's the justice House Orien would demand?"

atnorman
2014-08-07, 09:35 AM
"Well, criminal negligence", he says to Tyrus. Turning to Henri "I've no idea. Likely it will be some form of trial in either the Breeish or Thranian legal system. We don't really have the resources to do our own trial."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-07, 11:43 AM
"Well, criminal negligence"

Tyrus nods. "I'll leave the law to the lawyers, then. In the mean time, we should give the body a proper burial. Was he a faithful of the Silver Flame?"

Asks Tyrus.

atnorman
2014-08-07, 11:55 AM
"Not that I'm aware of. Not much talk of religion when you're on the road."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-07, 03:08 PM
Tyrus nods.

"Better safe than sorry, especially coming from flame-keep."

(ooc, did we bring the body back to camp, or leave it in the woods?)

atnorman
2014-08-07, 04:12 PM
(I assume it was brought back, since someone said "if this is him")

weaklyineffable
2014-08-07, 06:35 PM
"I think it's only fair that these three would-be bandits dig Eric's grave. Whether by accident or criminal negligence, it is because of them that the grave needs to be dug." Henri turns towards the swashbuckler. "What say you? Will you take this small action to atone for your sins? I'm no expert in law, but showing proper remorse can only help your case."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

atnorman
2014-08-07, 06:45 PM
The swashbuckler has fallen asleep.

Waytfm
2014-08-07, 07:14 PM
"It's just as well. I don't trust them enough to untie them. I'll dig the grave."

With that, Ragar takes the shovel and goes off to the side of the forest and begins to dig.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-07, 07:35 PM
The swashbuckler has fallen asleep.
Henri stamps his feet and mutters, "Balinor's balls, I hadn't even started the sermon..."

HighSalinity
2014-08-07, 07:53 PM
Henri stamps his feet and mutters, "Balinor's balls, I hadn't even started the sermon..."

Grippilin chuckles. "You'll have plenty of time to prostelytize tomorrow," the gnome says "Surely they can't sleep all day too."

"Speaking of which, I do believe it's nearing the time to turn in. Shall we set up a watch schedule?"

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-07, 10:46 PM
"Let me take last, if at all possible." Says Tyrus,

"And thank you for digging the grave Ragnar. purified funerals aren't much to watch, but if anyone cares to attend, feel free."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-08, 03:56 PM
Do-Ra takes first watch.

atnorman
2014-08-08, 08:53 PM
The night passes without incident, however, when you wake up, you see that the Swashbuckler has disappeared in the night, evading all of you. His grunts are still where you left them though.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-09, 12:54 AM
"Well he was still there when I changed shifts."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-09, 09:14 PM
"Damnation!"

Announced a furious Tyrus.

"The rat slipped through our fingers. That is disappointing. We'll take his lackeys, hopefully the'll assist in brining him to justice."

Waldorfww
2014-08-09, 09:44 PM
"Well this is sumthin' I didn't expect!" Indeed, although the swashbuckler looked confident, she did not expect him to get away so easily.

"I...how did this even happen? I could SEE he was a complete moron!"

HighSalinity
2014-08-09, 09:51 PM
"Well, this is certainly... Interesting. And it's strange that he left his associates behind. Maybe they'll be willing to lead us to this escape artist's hideout now."

Grippilin frowned as he said this. He had better hearing than any human, so how did a human evade him?

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-09, 10:22 PM
"Look I hate to be 'THAT guy' but this is not out problem, an incompetent highway robber is irrelevant to this caravan. Hopefully he will have learned his lesson but we have a job to do."

atnorman
2014-08-10, 03:25 PM
The grunts are just as confused by this turn of events as all of you. They look around rather fearfully, worried about how he escaped while they didn't.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-10, 06:31 PM
"Looks like your boss left you high and dry, guys." Says Tyrus.

"Pack them into the caravan. Do-ra is right, let's get going."

atnorman
2014-08-10, 09:23 PM
The remaining guards and d'Orien are more than happy to get on the road. The remainder of your trip passes without incident as you journey to Siyar.

Tyrus, your orders from the Church were to report to the local church.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-11, 09:13 AM
I say my farewells to my traveling companions.

"Gents, I have an appointment, but you're likely the most interesting traveling companions I've had. Way better than the snores on the train to flamekeep anyway." He laughs a little to himself.

"After I've put out whatever minor fire is at this local church, I propose we get a few brews at a local inn."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-11, 12:04 PM
"Sounds good to me. how about the Wispy Wench? I hear they have an ale made form apples." After saying his fair wells he takes the grunts to the constable.

Waldorfww
2014-08-11, 03:14 PM
"Hey! Churchy guy! You should take me with you."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-11, 04:04 PM
Tyrus looks at Rigoberta, thinking about it for a moment, and then nods.

"Sure!" he bends down and offers a hand.

"Hop on up to my shoulder."

He then nods to Do-Ra. "Apple Ale? Preposterous! We'll see tonight."

atnorman
2014-08-11, 04:05 PM
The constable takes the miscreants and assures you that they'll be looked after.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-11, 04:23 PM
Do-Ra drops off the grunts then pokes his head into he pub. If he doesn't see the group that went to deliver the parcel went of to do whatever it was the church wanted, he will head over to the church and try and meet up with them.

atnorman
2014-08-11, 04:39 PM
(Uh, they're not delivering a parcel)

weaklyineffable
2014-08-11, 04:56 PM
Henri goes to find a place where he can watch the pub while begging for food. He'll wait until he sees Tyrus before joining up.

Waldorfww
2014-08-11, 05:13 PM
Rigoberta orders her psicrystal to hop onto the archivist, finding a cozy spot on his shoulder.

HighSalinity
2014-08-11, 08:35 PM
Henri goes to find a place where he can watch the pub while begging for food. He'll wait until he sees Tyrus before joining up.

Grippilin buys him lunch. He inquires about magic; he likes to ask the arcane spellcasters he meets how it feels to cast a spell.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-11, 09:37 PM
Tyrus heads off towards the church.

"This is exciting! My first real assignment." Tyrus confides to the frog.

touchofgray
2014-08-11, 10:10 PM
Fargus goes along with Gripplin and Henri to the pub and buys himself a meal before sitting down and talking with the others.

atnorman
2014-08-11, 10:12 PM
When you get to the church, you see the local priest, (who you know from your time in the church, based on his garb is a theocrat and obviously runs the surrounding area) who's incredibly swamped with work. In his office there are mounds of paper surrounding him, and he works intently on them.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-11, 11:10 PM
"Hello, sir. I'm the one they sent from Flamekeep. I've arrived." Says Tyrus.

atnorman
2014-08-12, 09:37 AM
He looks up and turns visibly pale.

"They only sent one of you?!"

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-12, 11:48 AM
"Is that a problem?" Asks Tyrus, apprehension creeping into his tone." What's going on?"

weaklyineffable
2014-08-12, 12:12 PM
Grippilin buys him lunch. He inquires about magic; he likes to ask the arcane spellcasters he meets how it feels to cast a spell.

Henri describes the feeling of arcane power flowing through one's body as a spiritual experience. Connecting with the raw powers of the universe allows one to transcend the self and see beyond petty mortal concerns.

Also, illusions are fun! Henri casts silent image, concentrating on an illusion of a small serpent made of flame dancing between the bowls and cups as they eat.

atnorman
2014-08-12, 01:00 PM
"Recently" says the priest "there have been a large number of complaints and pleas for help. One settlement nearby seems to have a werewolf problem, another just disappeared, and everything is just incredibly busy as of late. I called for help in dealing with the actual issues while I deal with the paperwork as I'm forced to do, but I'm not sure that you'd be up to it, no offense meant."

atnorman
2014-08-12, 01:05 PM
The people around you, Henri, glance over and look a bit disturbed.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-12, 01:09 PM
"Werewolves...." Tyrus says letting the word roll around in his mouth. "I may not be as alone as you think."

"Although not purified ones, I have been traveling with a group. Many of them seem inclined towards... Shall we say... Adventure."

He then cracks a wry smile. "One, in fact, is with me right now"

atnorman
2014-08-12, 01:28 PM
"Indeed? Well, this might not be a massacre after all."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-12, 01:40 PM
"I'll gather them, and bring them here." Says Tyrus, turning to make his way out to the bar.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-12, 02:04 PM
"Don't worry," Henri calls out to the onlookers, "It is but a harmless illusion." The fiery snake lengthens its body which it then uses to spell out the word 'safe' floating a few inches above the table.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-12, 02:15 PM
As to not draw this out I will say that Do-Ra meets Tyrus as he is checking the bar. "Hey Tyrus, just in Time. We where all in here waiting on you. Did everything go as planned?" Do-Ra opens the door for the young man and the amphibian (still not sure if it is a frog or toad.)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-12, 02:21 PM
"Uhh...." Begins Tyrus, "how would you feel about stopping some vicious werewolves?"

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-12, 02:31 PM
Do-Ra blinks and says. "I feel like we better be getting paid for it. Come let us discuss this over drinks" Do-Ra gets a round of apple ale for the entire group when he joins the table with the glowing fire snake teaching letters and spelling to the illiterate townsfolk.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-12, 03:14 PM
Tyrus sidles down at the table. "So, this job ended up being a little more than a one man thing. This village A nearby village is being plagued by werewolves, and I wanted to ask if you lot cared to help them, and me." He then looks apprehensively at them, forcing a nervous half smile.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-12, 03:22 PM
Do-Ra Takes a long drink form his ale savoring its sweet crisp bite and then says. "I'm in, if only for old times sake, but I have a few reservations. I always prefer peaceful resolutions but going in without any sort of silver weaponry seems foolhardy. Werwolves are not the same thing as a cocky unprepared highway bandit."

HighSalinity
2014-08-12, 05:47 PM
Do-Ra Takes a long drink form his ale savoring its sweet crisp bite and then says. "I'm in, if only for old times sake, but I have a few reservations. I always prefer peaceful resolutions but going in without any sort of silver weaponry seems foolhardy. Werwolves are not the same thing as a cocky unprepared highway bandit."

(I assume we're all in the bar?)

Grippilin grimaces. He is not the wealthiest gnome, nor has he gotten spellcasting down yet.

"Well, even if diplomacy doesn't work, there are always ways to turn the odds in our favor, even before the fight begins. But werewolves are not a trivial for."

He pauses.

"I am 'in' for this venture, however."

atnorman
2014-08-12, 06:09 PM
(Quick note, this town is not the one that is plagued by werewolves; the werewolves are plaguing a nearby town. This is just the head of the local government. County seat if you will.)

Waldorfww
2014-08-12, 08:46 PM
"Werewolves? Sounds scary. Count me in!"

She hoped that the werewolves didn't like toad meat.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-13, 09:45 AM
"I'm in. But I would like to know more about how werewolves are 'plaguing' this village. Forgive me for this, but I don't immediately trust anything the Silver Flame says about werewolves."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-13, 12:07 PM
Tyrus narrows his eyes at Henri.

"I'm sure the people who have lost family and wealth to these beasts would be happy to tell you all about them, when we get there."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-13, 12:16 PM
"I'm just sayin', let's not go in there with killing all of them as our first option."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-13, 02:03 PM
"Nobody is saying we go in there swords a whistlin', lopping heads off first and asking questions later. I am just saying that we need silver just incase. You don't go to talks with vampires without a holy symbol and a clove of garlic and you do not go to talks with werwolves without silver. If you are going to try and make peace with something that considers you part of the menu make sure you can kill it, or at least escape alive if things go south."

Waytfm
2014-08-13, 10:31 PM
OOC: So sorry guys, I've been super busy the past few days. This completely got pushed out of my mind. Can I retcon so that Ragar went with Tyrus to talk to the priest? I'll assume the answer's yes, and I'll fix it if I can't go with Tyrus. /OOC

Ragar grunts.

"Seems interestin' enough. I'll come see what sort of little puppies you're dealing with, at the very least. Probably just some large rats."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-14, 11:24 AM
"It's great to have you all on board,"
says Tyrus. "What say you all after we drink we head back to the church to discuss the details with the theocrat?"

He then glances at Do-Ra, "As far as equipment, I would hope the church will loan us what we need, but if they do not, we will simply have to make do."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-14, 06:13 PM
Do-Ra finishes his ale and says. "Famous last words."

Waldorfww
2014-08-14, 09:23 PM
"Ya know, I'm just a toad who don't know much 'bout the world. But I don't think werewolves just wake up one day wishin' they could get sum delicious hoo-man meat. There definitely be somethin' else goin' on... and I bet my toad ass that the high-ranking-priesty-guy knows sumthin' 'bout it".

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-15, 12:31 PM
Tyrus frowns,

"He's just trying to protect his flock. If there is info to help us, I'm sure he'll give it."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-15, 01:41 PM
" Well I am done, let us go see what aid we can wring from this shepherd for the church of the silver flame."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-15, 08:02 PM
Tyrus nods, then adds

"I see no point in bothering him this late in the evening, however. Let's get rest, and let those who cast spells prepare one suitable for fighting."

atnorman
2014-08-15, 09:06 PM
The innkeeper notices that you're with the church and waves you into rooms, free of charge.

HighSalinity
2014-08-15, 11:32 PM
The innkeeper notices that you're with the church and waves you into rooms, free of charge.

Grippilin makes sure nobody in his room needs to go to the bathroom, wedges a chair under the doorknob, and falls right asleep, quickrazor still attached to his right wrist. A healthy dose of paranoia can always help.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-16, 02:13 PM
Tyrus says his prayers, and readies himself to wake up early and prepare spells, then goes to sleep

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-16, 04:40 PM
Do-Ra sleeps soundly.

touchofgray
2014-08-16, 05:41 PM
(OOC: sorry, i've been travelling.)

Fargus retires to his room without saying much, letting off only a hint of trepidation regarding the task at hand, nonetheless willing to help.

He falls asleep almost immediately, thanks to the ale and his extremely weak tolerance for spirits.

Waldorfww
2014-08-16, 06:53 PM
Rigoberta sleeps under the bed in Tyrus' room.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-16, 10:04 PM
Henri sleeps with spell component pouch within reach.

atnorman
2014-08-17, 06:56 AM
The night passes without incident, and in the morning the inkeeper is quite willing to give all of you a small breakfast for free.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-17, 08:44 PM
After meditating a short while to recover his spent spell slot, Henri goes to the common area of the inn. He grabs a small bowl of the morning's meal then sits and listens to the morning's gossip.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-17, 09:31 PM
Do-Ra joins his companion at the table and nibbles on a piece of toast. He waits for thier intrepid leader Tyrus to wake from his blessed slumber and lead them to a merry quest with werewolves.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-18, 07:51 AM
Early that morning, Tyrus prays and studies to memorizes his spells, then thanks the barkeep profusely for the free food.

As he sits down at the party table he gives a nod to Henri and Do Ra.

"Good Morning. I expect we've got quite a day today."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-18, 12:31 PM
"Good morrow, Tyrus. I imagine it will be an eventful day." Henri sets his empty bowl down on the table in front of him. "I was thinking this morning there's a good chance we'll be getting into some trouble soon. Might be useful to know something about each other's magical talents before we get into a tight spot."

Henri pauses briefly. "I can do some minor illusions and enchantments like you've already seen. 'Fraid I've never had much talent for anything else though. How about you? You mentioned wanting to prepare spells this morning."

touchofgray
2014-08-18, 12:52 PM
Fargus emerges from his room rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and takes a seat at the table.

"Morning, everyone," he mumbles. "Talkin' about magical talents, are we? Best I've figured out so far is makin' sounds that aren't there, though I've only really goofed around with it, nothing serious."

Waldorfww
2014-08-18, 01:12 PM
Rigoberta meditates while Tyrus prays, in order to regain her psionic focus. She orders her psicrystal to activate its self-propulsion and carry her to the table.

"Hey, flame guy, put me 'n my crystal on the table!"

HighSalinity
2014-08-18, 09:15 PM
"Magic...magic magic magic. Well, I can project silence. That's something all whisper gnomes can do. And many of us... including me, that is, can also make fake sounds like our goblin friend here, tell anyone in sight range something without being overheard, and cast Mage Hand."

atnorman
2014-08-18, 09:42 PM
(Sorry everyone, I have a really busy schedule the next few days. I can't commit to updating for that time period. I might, I might not. No idea.)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-19, 11:43 AM
Tyrus extends a hand and puts Rigoberta on the table.

He then reaches into his pack and pulls out a tome with the silver flame emblazoned on it.

"I'm not like most clerics, who pray for their spells. I study the way that holy magic operates, and record such in here, like a wizard does with arcane spells."

He gives a sheepish smile, then adds, "I don't have very many right now, a splash of healing, some evil detection, and a little conjuration, but I'm hoping as I travel that i'll be learning a whole lot more."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-19, 11:50 AM
'So it is like a recipe? And one cup mumbles words, 6 teaspoons of dramatic hand gestures, a pinch of salt and furrowed brow, let cook for 6 seconds and walla fireball?'

weaklyineffable
2014-08-19, 03:31 PM
"Seven teaspoons dramatic hand gestures. Just six and the spell would fizzle." Henri demonstrates, performing some over-exaggerated arcane gestures. (For those with spellcraft, he goes through the somatic component for disguise self.) He speaks, but not in the language of magic: "I should mention, though, I'm better at spells on gnomes and humans and elves and such. Mind enchanting is easier for me when the minds are relatively familiar to me."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-19, 03:38 PM
"I'm not a student of the arcane... but divine spells are very different. A lot less bat guano and gestures, and a lot more tapping into otherwise inaccessible fonts of power, I.E. Gods."

Says Tyrus, and then gently ribs Henri,

"Did the Sovereign Host not see fit to grant you access to their font, O speaker of the end times?"

weaklyineffable
2014-08-19, 03:43 PM
"I never asked. Didn't seem right to ask for what I already have. It's greedy."

Waldorfww
2014-08-19, 05:05 PM
"Y'all are an interesting bunch, ya know. Dis toad, on the other hand, is a Seer. I... see stuff. Stuff I shouldn't see. Ya know how bards sometimes remember dem strange names n' all? That's what happens to me." Describing her Psychic Knowledge was proving pretty difficult.

"I can also make some wibbly wobbly slimey psioney stuff to entangle dem bad guys, and sometimes the stuff I see happens to repeat itself. I guess muh powers kind of mess with the fabric of existence or sumthin'."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-20, 09:42 AM
"What?" says Tyrus with a grin on his face,

"Rigoberta, you're.... how did you come by that kind of power?"

Waldorfww
2014-08-21, 06:28 AM
"Lotsa time to think in my sweet ol' swamp. Bein' a Seer is all 'bout thinkin'. Gettin' awakened by dat jolly druid also helped, I guess".

Rigoberta suddenly remembered what had happened the previous day.

"By the way... I was pretty sure that the cute thief was a big moron. Ya' know, famous robbers tend to become famous. And I can sorta feel the famous. Perhaps a he got a friend to help him somehow."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-22, 10:55 AM
Tyrus shrugs,

"Just some noble ponce playing at bandit. Maybe he had help, maybe he's just bad enough at banditry to have had lots of practice slipping rope. In either case, we brought in his minions and alerted the authorities. Isn't much else we can do about it, except have a good laugh."

weaklyineffable
2014-08-22, 11:03 AM
"This is a crazy idea, but talk of this mission from the Silver Flame brings it to mind. Perhaps the dashing bandit's a wererabbit. He waited until night, changed into a rabbit, then hopped away to freedom."

atnorman
2014-08-24, 09:09 AM
(Alright, I'm back)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-24, 12:25 PM
"Ha, or perhaps he's a vampire!"

Tyrus chortles then gestures to the group.

"Shall we be off?"

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-24, 06:49 PM
"Sounds good to me."

HighSalinity
2014-08-24, 07:04 PM
"Sure, let's go."

Waldorfww
2014-08-24, 08:39 PM
"Yes! Please, carry me."

touchofgray
2014-08-24, 11:43 PM
"Lead the way."

atnorman
2014-08-25, 06:34 AM
You venture back to the church in the morning and find the local priest looking just as frantic as ever. When he sees your group he still turns visibly pale, though less so than before. "This... This perhaps isn't the greatest idea ever, but you might just have a shot. There are silver weapons in the basement, I'll fill you in once you've acquired them," he says, handing you the key to the basement.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-25, 09:44 AM
Tyrus heads down to the basement, hoping there is something nice and simple, like a crossbow. and some silver tipped bolts.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-26, 12:25 PM
Do-Ra also looks for a silver crossbow, but he also wants to pick up a silver scimitar if they have one. Best to be prepared.

atnorman
2014-08-26, 03:30 PM
There's a heap of silver weapons just thrown in the corner downstairs. They look old. There are 4 silver short swords, 12 silver tipped crossbow bolts, a silver long sword, and a black dagger that looks like it absorbs any light nearby.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-26, 03:33 PM
Do-Ra takes a sword 4 bolts and picks up and examines the dagger.

atnorman
2014-08-26, 04:19 PM
It looks well made, masterwork even. But aside from that you have no further idea about it.

weaklyineffable
2014-08-26, 08:53 PM
Henri states the obvious: "I think that's magical."

[Is the priest with us, or did he stay upstairs?]

If yes:

Henri moves over to the priest. "Excuse me, father," he says, "Could you tell us about that black dagger?"

If no:

Henri continues to state the obvious: "We should ask the priest if he can tell us about it."

atnorman
2014-08-27, 06:30 AM
(The priest stayed upstairs, doing paperwork)

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-27, 01:28 PM
Well we should definitely take it. In my experience things like this are imminently useful?

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-27, 04:55 PM
Tyrus kind of sighs

"I had been hoping to save it for this night, but if you think it would help more, I suppose I can detect magic on it right now. What do you guys think?"

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-27, 05:35 PM
Do-Ra hands him the blade. "I can tell it is magical, but beyond that is a mystery."

Waldorfww
2014-08-27, 10:16 PM
Rigoberta looks at the conspicuous dagger.

"That sure is a scary blade. Bet there's some odd story behind it, too. "

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-28, 09:01 AM
"Do you know anything, Rigoberta? Can you sense it out?" asks Tyrus.

HighSalinity
2014-08-28, 05:07 PM
Grippilin looks around and then kicks a wall in frustration.

"Bah. Nothing for a gnome. Never anything for a gnome."

He shrugs.

"Well, all the more reason to try diplomacy."

Waldorfww
2014-08-28, 05:40 PM
"Perhaps I do, churchguy".

[roll0]

[DM: Is using Psychic Knowledge here too far-fetched? Just ignore my roll if it is]

atnorman
2014-08-28, 06:55 PM
Yeah, you got nothing.

Waldorfww
2014-08-29, 05:59 AM
"I ain't seen something like this ever before. I'm sorry, pals".

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-08-29, 11:09 AM
"Ehh, We'll just ask, then" says Tyrus, a little disappointed.

He then loads up a crossbow and a box of silver tipped bolts

"Ugh, this thing is heavy." he says as he hangs it from his side.

"Pass it to me, Do Ra, and i'll ask the priest what it is."

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-29, 08:56 PM
Do-Ra obliges his comrade.

HighSalinity
2014-08-29, 10:19 PM
As everyone gets their new weapons in order, Grippilin somewhat sullenly follows them upstairs to the priest, grumbling about everyone having huge hands.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-08-29, 10:25 PM
"Unless the dagger turns out to be unique useful for someone else, I think we should lend it to Grippilin after we get it checked out. He can use it asa two handed broad sword." Do-Ra gives The gnome a playful grin.

atnorman
2014-09-01, 05:43 PM
(I'm going to assume that you go up and ask the priest about the dagger, though nobody actually did.)

"Oh, that? We don't know much about it, a paladin found it a few decades ago; it turned out to be quite effective in killing werewolves, but aside from that we have no idea about it."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-09-02, 10:12 AM
"Gents, I think we've got what we need. The priest informed me this is a mighty weapon, used by heroic paladins to slay werewolves."

Between this and the silvered bolts, I've got what I need. You ready to head out?"

Says Tyrus.

weaklyineffable
2014-09-02, 04:59 PM
"Sure. Let's go." Henri grabs the staff he came in with.

ISetPandasOFire
2014-09-03, 12:21 AM
Do-Ra nods in agreement.

HighSalinity
2014-09-03, 07:20 AM
Grippilin hefts the dagger, and blows air out of his cheeks.
"Phhhwooh. It's not going to be pretty... But it'll work better than nothing. Gotta wonder what kind of paladin uses a dagger much, though. I'll have to ask the priest about that later."

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-09-03, 10:31 AM
Tyrus makes his way up, feeling uncomfortably weighed down by the stuff, and waits for his companions up top.

Waldorfww
2014-09-05, 04:23 PM
Rigoberta travels with her psicrystal on Tyrus' shoulder.

[Hope you don't mind. I'll assume you accepted when I asked you to carry me]

ISetPandasOFire
2014-09-05, 06:24 PM
Do-Ra jumps on the bandwagon.

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-09-06, 12:54 PM
[Hope you don't mind. I'll assume you accepted when I asked you to carry me]

(That's fine! We're friendly!)

Tyrus_V.H.
2014-09-09, 10:15 AM
(So..... Guys? What's up?)

ISetPandasOFire
2014-09-09, 02:18 PM
(slow reply-itis. school is starting people are prolly busy)

atnorman
2014-09-09, 03:42 PM
(I'm just waiting on something to happen.)